PDA

View Full Version : Federer (Genius)- Nadal (New Tomas Muster)

abudhabi tennis
05-18-2009, 11:04 AM
The match highlights the genius of Roger Federer.
The beauty of the serve, the poetry of his forehand, the grace of his backhand and wonderful volleys. His footwork was immaculate. Overall, this was tennis at its best. Tennis to perfection.

There has never and may never will be anyone as graceful as him. It is exactly why he is admired and appereciated.

His style of play is pure genius. Does not require brute strength or muscles because his technique is flawlwess.He does not need oversized kids racquets. He is Super- Federer. When he is on, healthy( no Mono), Mr. Federer is a tennis god, a legend.

When we grow old, and reminise of Tennis greats- Mr. Federer will always be at the top. No one is going to remember Nadal, Murray, Djokovic.

Back to Madrid, the match clearly showed that Nadal is the New Tomas Muster. Players are catching on to his game. Next year the clay court Masters are up for grabs. His dominance on Grass and hardcourts will be seriously challenged this year.
His game needs to improve, his mental strenght may not be enough to win matches anymore.

CyBorg
05-18-2009, 11:06 AM
Nadal is the 'genius', IMO. Not Federer. If you can call athletes geniuses at all.

veroniquem
05-18-2009, 11:12 AM
I will remember Nadal's matches better than any other player's because of the intensity and drama in a lot of them, because of his unparalleled fighting spirit and his spectacular shots.
Congrats to Muster on his 6 slams on 3 different surfaces and 15 masters. That is a tremendous achievement!

dtrain
05-18-2009, 11:13 AM
To the OP, let's wait for the French and see what happens then.

Antonio Puente
05-18-2009, 11:14 AM
The OP is no genius. He's proven that conclusively.

Antonio Puente
05-18-2009, 11:16 AM
To the OP, let's wait for the French and see what happens then.

Certain Fed worshippers are setting themselves up for quite a bit of pain over the next few weeks.

gj011
05-18-2009, 11:16 AM
The OP is yet another member of the green troll army.

IvanAndreevich
05-18-2009, 11:22 AM
The OP is no genius. He's proven that conclusively.

+1 10charrrrr

cknobman
05-18-2009, 11:24 AM
I have to try and believe the op was trying to be cute and ironical

otherwise the op has some serious issues and needs medical attention immediately.

Mick
05-18-2009, 11:24 AM
When we grow old, and reminise of Tennis greats- Mr. Federer will always be at the top. No one is going to remember Nadal, Murray, Djokovic.

or we can remember nadal as the player who prevented federer from achieving a career grand slam, that is unless federer manages to win the FO before he retires.

Dutch-Guy
05-18-2009, 11:27 AM
Fed wins 1 finals on claay and his fans get carried away.*Sigh*.I'll bump this thread when Fed's brandwagon gets derailed in Paris.

stormholloway
05-18-2009, 11:29 AM
Nadal is the 'genius', IMO. Not Federer. If you can call athletes geniuses at all.

In what way?

abudhabi tennis
05-18-2009, 11:31 AM
never said he will win FO, though he has a good chance for Wimbledon and USO.
Just admire the beauty and genius of his overall game. Beauty usually does not win slams, but in his case it does.

TheNatural
05-18-2009, 11:34 AM
The beauty of the serve, the poetry of his forehand, the grace of his backhand and wonderful volleys. His footwork was immaculate. Overall, this was tennis at its best. Tennis to perfection.

There has never and may never will be anyone as graceful as him. It is exactly why he is admired and appereciated.

His style of play is pure genius. Does not require brute strength or muscles because his technique is flawlwess.He does not need oversized kids racquets. He is Super- Federer. When he is on, healthy( no Mono), Mr. Federer is a tennis god, a legend.

Back to Madrid, the match clearly showed that Nadal is the New Tomas Muster. Players are catching on to his game. Next year the clay court Masters are up for grabs. His dominance on Grass and hardcourts will be seriously challenged this year.
His game needs to improve, his mental strenght may not be enough to win matches anymore.

Fed will be remembered as the guy that Nadal dominated in Slam finals to the tune of 5-2 and don't you forget it.

Fed desperately needs to improve as Nadal, Murray and Joker all own him now. He can't rely on Nadal being tired all the time for token wins.

CyBorg
05-18-2009, 11:41 AM
In what way?

It's common for people to refer to Nadal as that guy who has "unparalleled fighting spirit". But this is also a way to kind of dismiss him. As in, "he's not really skilled; he's just really hard working and wins on that hard work alone."

In my opinion, Nadal is the greatest thinker in the game. You can't be a "genius" without the thinking part.

Nadal is particularly adept at picking up on his opponent's weaknesses and attacking them. He is also exceptional at making adjustments over the course of the match. He has an exceptional feel for the game, oustanding vision and awareness, and never seems to go on automatic. Most guys do - Federer included. When Nadal's in trouble he slows things down; most players have a tendency to speed things up - Federer included.

The label of 'genius' is often attached to Federer because he's a beautiful mover and shotmaker. But his biggest achilles heel are close matches whereby he is forced to play a sort of "game of chess" with his opponent, outthink him, outwit him. He's scared by these situations and admits himself that he far prefers to just dominate guys on pure skill. Nadal, conversely, constantly wins the mental battles.

Of course, Nadal's wonderful topspin groundies, underrated net play and seamless movement are also indicators of his "genius". If you can call it that.

babbette
05-18-2009, 11:42 AM
it's funny how Fed fans were dissing him not long ago, now suddenly the *** kissing can't seem to stop.

vtmike
05-18-2009, 11:54 AM
it's funny how Fed fans were dissing him not long ago, now suddenly the *** kissing can't seem to stop.

Honestly its just a couple of posters who are creating these threads...the rest of them are just enjoying his win and expecting Nadal to win the FO again...Maybe this year he might be stretched to five sets but he is the clear favorite to win RG...no question about that!

rocket
05-18-2009, 11:56 AM
In my opinion, Nadal is the greatest thinker in the game. You can't be a "genius" without the thinking part.

I agree with the second part but not the first. Fed is the greatest thinker of them all. He stopped using his head against Nadal, but now he's thinking again.

CyBorg
05-18-2009, 12:05 PM
I agree with the second part but not the first. Fed is the greatest thinker of them all. He stopped using his head against Nadal, but now he's thinking again.

Right. The greatest thinker of them all decided to go on vacation.

Federer is incredibly overrated.

veroniquem
05-18-2009, 12:26 PM
Brad Gilbert also said Nadal has the best brain on the tour.

Blade0324
05-18-2009, 12:27 PM
Have to say that Vtmike has a sensable post. I know he is a Fed fan and more power to him. At least he is classy about his comments and not trolling like the OP. I for one don't like Fed's style of play at all and don't see what the hype is about. I honestly won't remember him at all, on the other hand I will remember Nadal, Murray, Nole and even Verdasco much more than Fed. He just isn't what I like to watch but to each his own.

rocket
05-18-2009, 02:31 PM
Right. The greatest thinker of them all decided to go on vacation.

Fed has a way to make every guy go for a little too much, everyone but Nadal. Against the lefty, he goes blow-for-blow instead of moving him side-to-side. You give Nadal rythm & he'll topspin you to death.

rocket
05-18-2009, 02:33 PM

Gilbert said a lot of things, but he's not always right.

shawn1122
05-18-2009, 03:44 PM

Gilbert is in love with Nadal, his opinion is extremely biased.

stormholloway
05-18-2009, 03:56 PM

This is a pretty interesting opinion right here.

Nadal is particularly adept at picking up on his opponent's weaknesses and attacking them.

Because he happens to hit his big forehand crosscourt into Federer's backhand? Nadal is just lucky to play left handed, or else he'd have far more trouble with Federer.

He is also exceptional at making adjustments over the course of the match.

No he isn't. He simply "finds another gear". He doesn't make adjustments. He just tries harder.

He has an exceptional feel for the game, oustanding vision and awareness, and never seems to go on automatic. Most guys do - Federer included.

Federer goes on automatic? He's the king of mixing things up. What a ridiculous statement. If anyone is on automatic it's Nadal. Nadal's plan is to hit big topspin shots into his opponent's weaker side until they either make a mistake or put a ball short.

When Nadal's in trouble he slows things down; most players have a tendency to speed things up - Federer included.

Nadal slows things down from the beginning. He takes 40 takes between serves. That's not really a strategy as much as it is a (bad) habit.

The label of 'genius' is often attached to Federer because he's a beautiful mover and shotmaker. But his biggest achilles heel are close matches whereby he is forced to play a sort of "game of chess" with his opponent, outthink him, outwit him. He's scared by these situations and admits himself that he far prefers to just dominate guys on pure skill. Nadal, conversely, constantly wins the mental battles.

So Federer is unable to be creative and intelligent on-court, unlike Nadal who is the better strategist? Ridiculous.

Of course, Nadal's wonderful topspin groundies, underrated net play and seamless movement are also indicators of his "genius". If you can call it that.

I wouldn't call it that. Heavy topspin is not genius. Igor Andreev is not genius. He just goes "low to high" really well.

Give me a break. Do you really believe this crap?

BigServer1
05-18-2009, 03:59 PM
Fed will be remembered as the guy that Nadal dominated in Slam finals to the tune of 5-2 and don't you forget it.

Fed desperately needs to improve as Nadal, Murray and Joker all own him now. He can't rely on Nadal being tired all the time for token wins.

We all get TIRED of you using different sizes and variations on your text to try to prove your point.

Just type normally. Jesus...

jelle v
05-18-2009, 04:00 PM
Honestly its just a couple of posters who are creating these threads...the rest of them are just enjoying his win and expecting Nadal to win the FO again...Maybe this year he might be stretched to five sets but he is the clear favorite to win RG...no question about that!

Exactly.. I'm just enjoying Federer winning for once again. FO with a healthy Nadal playing his best game is as close to certainty as you can get I think.

CyBorg
05-18-2009, 05:22 PM
This is a pretty interesting opinion right here.

Because he happens to hit his big forehand crosscourt into Federer's backhand? Nadal is just lucky to play left handed, or else he'd have far more trouble with Federer.

No he isn't. He simply "finds another gear". He doesn't make adjustments. He just tries harder.

Federer goes on automatic? He's the king of mixing things up. What a ridiculous statement. If anyone is on automatic it's Nadal. Nadal's plan is to hit big topspin shots into his opponent's weaker side until they either make a mistake or put a ball short.

Nadal slows things down from the beginning. He takes 40 takes between serves. That's not really a strategy as much as it is a (bad) habit.

So Federer is unable to be creative and intelligent on-court, unlike Nadal who is the better strategist? Ridiculous.

I wouldn't call it that. Heavy topspin is not genius. Igor Andreev is not genius. He just goes "low to high" really well.

Give me a break. Do you really believe this crap?

Would you like to give this another try and give me a thoughtful response?

Because this post just sucks.

stormholloway
05-18-2009, 05:25 PM
Would you like to give this another try and give me a thoughtful response?

Because this post just sucks.

Well there wasn't much to respond to other than complete babble. There are plenty of points for you to address. You're obviously just lazy.

OddJack
05-18-2009, 05:29 PM

Geniuses, and yes you can call some athletes geniuses, use more brains than brawn. They are creators rather than creatures of bodily power. Look at Nadal and Federer side by side, the arsenal of shots and variety in their games and tell me who has got more of which.

If anyone is a genius in Nadal camp, it's his uncle toni. He does the thinking for him. You just dont get it.

OddJack
05-18-2009, 05:35 PM
Exactly.. I'm just enjoying Federer winning for once again. FO with a healthy Nadal playing his best game is as close to certainty as you can get I think.

Nothing is close to certainty in tennis. Nadal is no exception.

Inner Game
05-18-2009, 05:37 PM
Any Doctor that can prescribe those special vitamins has to be rated #1 on the ATP.....it could also be his trainer.....oh...I forgot, when Nadal gets tired he heads for "Fantasy Island" to recover.....Has anyone actually seen any Nadal work out articles......NADA>>>>>ZERO>>>>>>>and everyone knows the real truth...

For what its worth....

CyBorg
05-18-2009, 05:51 PM
If anyone is a genius in Nadal camp, it's his uncle toni. He does the thinking for him. You just dont get it.

You can't teach thinking. When you're on the court no one can help you but yourself.

I know it's popular for many folks here to refer to Nadal as a dumb jungle boy Tarzan-type. I see this as a kind of soft racism.

CyBorg
05-18-2009, 05:52 PM
Well there wasn't much to respond to other than complete babble. There are plenty of points for you to address. You're obviously just lazy.

You're right. I should take my time to address these types of gems:

Inner Game
05-18-2009, 05:57 PM
Your wrong there CyBorg....it has nothing to do with race...it's more like a Manny Ramirez thing....its only a matter of time before the truth comes out......as they say...

"The truth will set you free!"

For what its worth....

stormholloway
05-18-2009, 06:04 PM
You're right. I should take my time to address these types of gems:

Makes perfect sense to me. What adjustments has Nadal ever made? Please give me one example of a match where he was being beaten and then mixed things up to win.

He has an exceptional feel for the game, oustanding vision and awareness, and never seems to go on automatic. Most guys do - Federer included.

This was a good one from you. Nadal never goes on automatic? The man has one game plan. He executes it very well. Federer goes on automatic? What's automatic about serving and volleying, then staying back, then using the drop shot. The man's decisions in that last match were completely unpredictable, i.e. the opposite of automatic. Did you watch that match in Madrid? It was the same old game plan from Nadal. Federer was the one mixing things up.

You must live in some far-away land where up is down and black is white.

CyBorg
05-18-2009, 06:05 PM
Your wrong there CyBorg....it has nothing to do with race...it's more like a Manny Ramirez thing....its only a matter of time before the truth comes out......as they say...

"The truth will set you free!"

For what its worth....

It's a combination of factors, ultimately tied in with image. Responsible for this, to a large extent, are the corporate agents. The folks who work on the image. But who are they catering to? The public.

Nadal clearly detests the image now that he's grown up. He gets it. He's hiding the biceps and limiting the on-court theatrics. He doesn't want to be Tarzan.

We're all to blame. We don't respect him. We think he's just a dumb kid who works hard.

OddJack
05-18-2009, 06:10 PM
You can't teach thinking. When you're on the court no one can help you but yourself.

I know it's popular for many folks here to refer to Nadal as a dumb jungle boy Tarzan-type. I see this as a kind of soft racism.

Yes, you can teach thinking. But that's a conversation for another day, and it was not what I reffered to. Toni gives him plans, player specific, and he does a good job following up step by step.
Nadal will not drink water if Toni does not approve, nor he drives a car that Toni does not see appropriate.
Remember AO when he lost the first set to Verdasco? He received a warning from umpire because he kept talking and looking to his box.
All this does not mean he is dumb, quite opposite, he does adjustments, he thinks, comes up with unbelievable shots and shot makings, but through all this the undeniable physical aspects of his game becomes even more obvious.
Nadal is an actor, a pantomime. From his initial jumping up and down when he first gets on the court, to those long strides, to those roars over each shot, to fist pumps and leg pumps. And I see Toni behind all this. He owns him.
He owned him the day he forced him to be a lefty.

CyBorg
05-18-2009, 06:10 PM
Makes perfect sense to me. What adjustments has Nadal ever made? Please give me one example of a match where he was being beaten and then mixed things up to win.

A drop shot. A timely volley. And what impresses me in particular is how Nadal varies speeds and spin on his serves.

Another thing that Nadal does really well is conserve energy. He knows when to give it his all and when to temper things a bit. He always has a bit extra left in the tank in case the set goes long.

This was a good one from you. Nadal never goes on automatic? The man has one game plan. He executes it very well. Federer goes on automatic? What's automatic about serving and volleying, then staying back, then using the drop shot. The man's decisions in that last match were completely unpredictable, i.e. the opposite of automatic. Did you watch that match in Madrid? It was the same old game plan from Nadal. Federer was the one mixing things up.

Not exactly what I mean. Switching from baseliner to s/v tactics in the middle of a set, because the game plan isn't working for you aren't good tactics. It's just desperation.

Nadal knows his gameplan and believes in it. Where he's smart is the recognition of his opponent's weaknesses. He can smell his fear. He knows when to slow things down. Federer when he's nervous speeds up. Abandons the game plan. Begins to run around like a chicken without a head. Nadal is more subtle.

You must live in some far-away land where up is down and black is white.

You've convinced me. But in my land, Nadal is winning. How about yours?

CyBorg
05-18-2009, 06:15 PM
Yes, you can teach thinking. But that's a conversation for another day, and it was not what I reffered to. Toni gives him plans, player specific, and he does a good job following up step by step.
Nadal will not drink water if Toni does not approve, nor he drives a car that Toni does not see appropriate.
Remember AO when he lost the first set to Verdasco? He received a warning from umpire because he kept talking and looking to his box.
All this does not mean he is dumb, quite opposite, he does adjustments, he thinks, comes up with unbelievable shots and shot makings, but through all this the undeniable physical aspects of his game becomes even more obvious.
Nadal is an actor, a pantomime. From his initial jumping up and down when he first gets on the court, to those long strides, to those roars over each shot, to fist pumps and leg pumps. And I see Toni behind all this. He owns him.
He owned him the day he forced him to be a lefty.

I disagree with this very strongly. There is little wisdom is isolation. True wisdom comes in group dynamics.

Tony is a smart man, but Nadal's entourage is actually quite large. His game is the byproduct of a lot of great minds. His own not excluded.

If only things were so simple as that - a player receives instructions and simply puts them together. Life is not like that.

A tennis match involves dynamic phenomena. Excelling within these phenomena requires tremendous thinking and instincts.

The best a good coach can do is to prepare his player to the top of his ability. But no coach can master these dynamics. The player is the one who deals with complex, unexpected and quantum shifts in atmosphere.

I think that Roger's biggest problem is that he works almost exclusively alone and trusts almost no one but himself. It's slowing him down.

grafselesfan
05-18-2009, 06:19 PM
I think that Roger's biggest problem is that he works almost exclusively alone and trusts almost no one but himself. It's slowing him down.

It is amazing he is such a stubborn mule and does not realize how badly he needs a serious coach at this pivotal stage of his career. Someone close to him needs to knock him at the side of the head.

CyBorg
05-18-2009, 06:27 PM
It is amazing he is such a stubborn mule and does not realize how badly he needs a serious coach at this pivotal stage of his career. Someone close to him needs to knock him at the side of the head.

Roger should have played Davis Cup. Bonding with his countrymen could change a lot of things for him.

Nadal is very lucky, of course, to have the support of so many people. They're his family and they are always at his side. It is so great to see - I can't think of words to describe just how wonderful this is.

A great example of group dynamics in tennis is those Australian Davis Cup teams that had guys like Laver and Rosewall. The way they challenged one another and learned from each other really says a lot.

Tennis has since become a more individual sport and the Davis Cup is now an afterthought. Nadal's situation illustrates an interesting alternative. A player develops his game and finds his inspiration within a family dynamic. He's so well handled and I would even say protected - not at all like Borg who could only take the tennis lifestyle for so long, working exclusively with the rather cold and stoic Bergelin.

Federer is in a tougher situation. Always within himself. That's enough to drive you nuts. Like a Swiss Hamlet, without the interesting parts, but with a big ego.

TheNatural
05-18-2009, 06:40 PM
We all get TIRED of you using different sizes and variations on your text to try to prove your point.

Don't get your panties in a bundle. Have you finished with your tantrum yet?

http://whybenormal.today.com/files/2009/03/yawn-1.jpg

BigServer1
05-18-2009, 07:16 PM
Don't get your panties in a bundle. Have you finished with your tantrum yet?

http://whybenormal.today.com/files/2009/03/yawn-1.jpg

Lmao, yeah man, I'm on a tantrum.

Wake me when you finish bashing Federer at every possible opportunity.

sh@de
05-18-2009, 08:45 PM
Nadal is not a genius. Federer is. But Nadal is a fighter, and a real damn good one, actually, he's the best. His fighting spirit and mental toughness has got to be the best on tour. But does that mean he's a genius? No... Get the two things right guys.

FEDEXP
05-18-2009, 09:11 PM
All credibility is lost when quoting Brad Gilbert on brain power.

OTMPut
05-18-2009, 09:45 PM
Federer is in a tougher situation. Always within himself. That's enough to drive you nuts. Like a Swiss Hamlet, without the interesting parts, but with a big ego.

Does this disprove that Federer is a genius?

Dilettante
05-18-2009, 09:47 PM

Let the kid alone, for God's sake.

CyBorg
05-18-2009, 10:35 PM
Does this disprove that Federer is a genius?

I don't really buy the whole 'genius' thing - in general; as a concept one can use for athletes. I just don't think Roger is as good a thinker as Nadal. However he may still be the most physically gifted tennis player of all time.

harryz
05-18-2009, 10:53 PM
These threads are always the same old same old. Essentially: mine's bigger than your's, since my hero is (choose one) better, smarter, fitter, tougher, etc.... Therefore, by extension, I am better than YOU. Or better yet hurray for me and FU.

Am I alone, or is anyone else tired of this nonsense? Will it make you feel better about yourself if your hero wins the French? Will you suffer horribly if your, or his, nemesis wins? Please. This is the same mentality, for millenia, that has lead women to laugh about men and to think of us as little boys. And we keep on feeding it. Testosterone is a nasty little hormone, indeed. And youth is wasted, as they say, on the young.

That being said, I love these threads. They're about as interesting as a typical WTA match. Sound and fury, signifying nothing.

LurkingGod
05-18-2009, 11:18 PM
Fed is the greatest thinker of them all. He stopped using his head against Nadal, but now he's thinking again.

What was the greatest thinker thinking when he smashed his recket?? :twisted:

theduh
05-18-2009, 11:33 PM
Another thing that Nadal does really well is conserve energy. He knows when to give it his all and when to temper things a bit. He always has a bit extra left in the tank in case the set goes long.

Not true! Nadal was "exhausted" that's why he lost the Madrid finals remember?

BreakPoint
05-19-2009, 12:00 AM
...and the winner of "The Most Idiotic Post of the Century Award" goes to.....drum roll, please.........

THIS ONE!!!!!

Chopin
05-19-2009, 12:10 AM

Nadal's style of play is not one that "conserves energy." He doesn't have the type of game that allows him to do so in the same way as a Pete Sampras. As a result, he's usually burned out at the end of the year. It's fine now, when he's 22, but who knows how he's going to hold up 4 years down the road.

Chopin
05-19-2009, 12:12 AM
...and the winner of "The Most Idiotic Post of the Century Award" goes to.....drum roll, please.........

THIS ONE!!!!!

Well, I wouldn't go that far BreakPoint but if Federer is over-rated, the only one even more over-rated is Laver.

BreakPoint
05-19-2009, 12:14 AM
I don't really buy the whole 'genius' thing - in general; as a concept one can use for athletes. I just don't think Roger is as good a thinker as Nadal. However he may still be the most physically gifted tennis player of all time.
Yeah, you're right. Federer is just some dumb hick. That's why he can speak English, German, French, and Swiss-German fluently, as well as some Italian, even though he dropped out of high school to play pro tennis. :-? How about Nadal? :oops:

BreakPoint
05-19-2009, 12:17 AM
I think both Federer and Murray are tennis geniuses because they can create shots that no one else could even think of. They also both anticipate extremely well so it's like they know what their opponent is going to do before they even do it.

Cesc Fabregas
05-19-2009, 12:24 AM
I think both Federer and Murray are tennis geniuses because they can create shots that no one else could even think of. They also both anticipate extremely well so it's like they know what their opponent is going to do before they even do it.

So can Nadal have you not seen his bannana shot that forehand on the run that he whips down the line:confused:.

vndesu
05-19-2009, 12:27 AM
So can Nadal have you not seen his bannana shot that forehand on the run that he whips down the line:confused:.

it was amazing. but then right after he goes back to defense.

BreakPoint
05-19-2009, 12:53 AM
That's nothing more than a desperation shot that requires no thinking, just survival. OTOH, Federer and Murray are tacticians that create situations with their shot selection, point construction, and anticipation.

Cesc Fabregas
05-19-2009, 01:04 AM
That's nothing more than a desperation shot that requires no thinking, just survival. OTOH, Federer and Murray are tacticians that create situations with their shot selection, point construction, and anticipation.

Theres no great plan to Federer's game ralley abit with his backhand a few slices wait for the right ball and then hit a forehand winner.

BreakPoint
05-19-2009, 01:08 AM
Theres no great plan to Federer's game ralley abit with his backhand a few slices wait for the right ball and then hit a forehand winner.
If that's all you see when you watch Federer play then sadly you don't have a very high understanding of tennis. :(

There's a very good reason why so many tennis experts admire Federer's game and call him a tennis genius and can't stop talking about how talented he is.

OTMPut
05-19-2009, 01:10 AM
Yeah, you're right. Federer is just some dumb hick. That's why he can speak English, German, French, and Swiss-German fluently, as well as some Italian, even though he dropped out of high school to play pro tennis. :-? How about Nadal? :oops:

and of course Nadal needs an army to take care fo him - his uncles, aunts, parents. :)

sh@de
05-19-2009, 01:19 AM

Doubt it. I mean, with this logic about the banana shot, you could also therefore say that Federer's wand flick backhand is just a survival shot... I don't think the latter is, and neither do I think the former is.

Cesc Fabregas
05-19-2009, 01:24 AM
If that's all you see when you watch Federer play then sadly you don't have a very high understanding of tennis. :(

There's a very good reason why so many tennis experts admire Federer's game and call him a tennis genius and can't stop talking about how talented he is.

Don't understand that Nadal has less weapons than Federer so he uses his brain more thats why people think Nadal is the smarter player.

COPEY
05-19-2009, 01:36 AM
These threads are always the same old same old. Essentially: mine's bigger than your's, since my hero is (choose one) better, smarter, fitter, tougher, etc.... Therefore, by extension, I am better than YOU. Or better yet hurray for me and FU.

Am I alone, or is anyone else tired of this nonsense? Will it make you feel better about yourself if your hero wins the French? Will you suffer horribly if your, or his, nemesis wins? Please. This is the same mentality, for millenia, that has lead women to laugh about men and to think of us as little boys. And we keep on feeding it. Testosterone is a nasty little hormone, indeed. And youth is wasted, as they say, on the young.

That being said, I love these threads. They're about as interesting as a typical WTA match. Sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Hehe although I agree with your assessment for the most part, you're fighting a losing battle if you think you're going to change the nature of this section of the forum. That said, amidst all the mudslinging and personal attacks, there are sometimes insightful/thought-provoking comments to be found by knowledgeable posters.

"...that has lead women to laugh about men and to think of us as little boys. And we keep on feeding it. Testosterone is a nasty little hormone..."

There are a few ladies who are just as passionate about their guy on this board. Not criticizing them mind you; just stating a fact.

As for the match, I thought Federer played well. Some have said he brought his A-game. I'm not sure I'd go that far given the 25 winners/25 unforced error stat. What he did bring was variety and a plan. I love how he mixed it up, but mostly I loved how he didn't have a mental lapse when things got tight in the 2nd set.

Nadal fans contend that he lost the match due to fatigue, possibly an injury, but I don't think Nadal himself falls back on excuses of that sort. Maybe he was tired and maybe he was injured, but it doesn't take away from the fact that Federer played well and he didn't 'go away' when Nadal made his run late in the 2nd set.

In my opinion I thought Nadal looked lethargic. He made some unforced errors that were uncharacteristic of his game. After being pushed to the limit in the semifinal, then subsequently losing the final, to me it suggests that he's slightly vulnerable. At the very least I'm sure that's what the rest of the field is probably thinking...that maybe it isn't a foregone conclusion that he'll win the French. One thing's for sure, and that is the FO just got a whole lot more interesting - at least that's how I see it.

jamesblakefan#1
05-19-2009, 01:52 AM
To the OP, how many FO titles did Muster "muster", exactly?

BreakPoint
05-19-2009, 01:54 AM
Don't understand that Nadal has less weapons than Federer so he uses his brain more thats why people think Nadal is the smarter player.
Don't confuse muscles with brains. Nadal uses his muscles to bully his opponents around the court. That's what he does to win.

Cesc Fabregas
05-19-2009, 01:55 AM
Don't confuse muscles with brains. Nadal uses his muscles to bully his opponents around the court. That's what he does to win.

Thats crap because Nadal isn't one of the hardest hitters on tour.

BreakPoint
05-19-2009, 01:58 AM
Thats crap because Nadal isn't one of the hardest hitters on tour.
Don't confuse bullying people around the court with hitting hard. Too completely different things.

But, yes, Nadal does hit hard, especially off of his backhand wing.

Cesc Fabregas
05-19-2009, 01:59 AM
Don't confuse bullying people around the court with hitting hard. Too completely different things.

He bullies people round the court with his impressive groundstokes and great point construction.

BreakPoint
05-19-2009, 02:09 AM
He bullies people round the court with his impressive groundstokes and great point construction.
No, he bullies people with his defense and not allowing his opponents to hit winners. He just keeps getting your winners back until you miss. You don't need to be a genius to do that because it's reactive rather than proactive.

Cesc Fabregas
05-19-2009, 02:12 AM
No, he bullies people with his defense and not allowing his opponents to hit winners. He just keeps getting your winners back until you miss. You don't need to be a genius to do that because it's reactive rather than proactive.

Disagree. Nadal is very agressive player on clay just ask Federer look at the way he always has Roger pecked back in his backhand corner hows that not agressive?

<3tennis!!!
05-19-2009, 02:16 AM
Disagree. Nadal is very agressive player on clay just ask Federer look at the way he always has Roger pecked back in his backhand corner hows that not agressive?its called topspin and a one-dimensional pattern of play. even the commentators in the madrid final commented on rafas one dimensional style of play. something like:his gameplan against righties on clay NEVER varies, so its all about execution

edit:i love watching rafa on other surfacse especially grass but his clay game bores me to tears tbh

sh@de
05-19-2009, 02:30 AM
No no and no. Nadal's play is not one-dimensional. He does vary his gameplan against righties on clay, and it's not just all about execution. Nadal's game plan AGAINST FEDERER is one dimensional, but that doesn't mean he is. And Nadal doesn't only pound high topspin shots to righties' backhands on clay. Ask Djoker and Fed, I'm sure he hits to Fed's backhand much more than against Djoker. And it's not just all about execution. Players adapt to the strategy you throw at them, and so Nadal has to change or at least tweak his strategies mid game when the opponent has figured out what to do (although this is admittedly rare in occurrences).

stormholloway
05-19-2009, 04:17 AM
No no and no. Nadal's play is not one-dimensional. He does vary his gameplan against righties on clay

Righties are all Nadal plays against. So how is that varying anything? Djokovic has a great backhand but Nadal is still more likely to hit to Djokovic's backhand.

It's okay to say Nadal is one-dimensional. It doesn't mean he's a bad player.

stormholloway
05-19-2009, 04:23 AM
A drop shot. A timely volley. And what impresses me in particular is how Nadal varies speeds and spin on his serves.

Conserve energy? He gets burned out more than any other top player. Ever seen him at the US Open? He always burns out before getting to a final. Do you watch tennis by chance?

Where was his energy at Madrid? Conserved? Please.

Not exactly what I mean. Switching from baseliner to s/v tactics in the middle of a set, because the game plan isn't working for you aren't good tactics. It's just desperation.

Worked in Madrid. When was he desperate in the Madrid final? He never dropped serve. It was impossible to know if Roger was going to serve and volley, throw in a drop shot, chip in charge (perhaps off a Nadal second serve). That's the opposite of automatic and the opposite of what Nadal does.

You've convinced me. But in my land, Nadal is winning. How about yours?

Nadal has the better head-to-head, ergo/therefore you must be right? Is that your argument?

vtmike
05-19-2009, 05:01 AM
Conserve energy? He gets burned out more than any other top player. Ever seen him at the US Open? He always burns out before getting to a final. Do you watch tennis by chance?

The only way Nadal conserves his energy is by spending too much time between serves...

CyBorg
05-19-2009, 06:04 AM

Right. He gets burned out more than any other player. Great posting.

Worked in Madrid. When was he desperate in the Madrid final? He never dropped serve. It was impossible to know if Roger was going to serve and volley, throw in a drop shot, chip in charge (perhaps off a Nadal second serve). That's the opposite of automatic and the opposite of what Nadal does.

Hop on the bandwagon. Roger finally won a match against Nadal.

Nadal has the better head-to-head, ergo/therefore you must be right? Is that your argument?

No. You're just not very smart.

CyBorg
05-19-2009, 06:05 AM

Another fine poster. Join the club.

CyBorg
05-19-2009, 06:06 AM

He didn't look exhausted to me.

stormholloway
05-19-2009, 06:09 AM
Right. He gets burned out more than any other player. Great posting.

I said every other top player. Thanks for being dishonest. Have you ever watched the US Open by chance?

Hop on the bandwagon. Roger finally won a match against Nadal.

Mixing things up worked. He won the match. In other words: you're wrong.

No. You're just not very smart.

At least now we know you know jack squat about men's tennis.

CyBorg
05-19-2009, 06:12 AM
I said every other top player. Thanks for being dishonest. Have you ever watched the US Open by chance?

Yeah. Nadal was so **** poor there he made the semi-finals.

Mixing things up worked. He won the match. In other words: you're wrong.

I'm wrong because Federer wins the occasional match? Did I ever say Federer is a terrible player with no hope of beating Nadal?

At least now we know you know jack squat about men's tennis.

Right. You're stripped me bare and exposed me for the fraud that I am.

Everyone should buy you a drink.

Andres
05-19-2009, 06:37 AM
Players are catching on to his game. Next year the clay court Masters are up for grabs. His dominance on Grass and hardcourts will be seriously challenged this year.
I know this is sheer trolling, but I'm still impressed how "players are catching on to this game"... yet this is the first time he lost on clay in the entire year, and the fifth time in like.... 160 matches

papucla10
05-19-2009, 07:07 AM
I do believe Federe's game is Art but you cannot say that Nadal will not be remembered in Histoery, he is the Greatest Clay Courter, I am a fan of both Federer and Nadal more of Fed than Nadal though.

You cannot worship a player like you do, Federer didn't play a great match maybe just his C+ game very far from his A game, Nadal was not playing great either and on top of that was tired, I think Federe's Game is the most beautiful but I can't understand how you all guys can worship a person so desperately.

I do think that many of the things you say are true but definitely were not fully exhibit in that game.

samster
05-19-2009, 07:11 AM
Another boring thread. One Star.

stormholloway
05-19-2009, 07:19 AM
Yeah. Nadal was so **** poor there he made the semi-finals.

Again, you like to misrepresent my posts. I never said he was **** poor. He loses there not because he encounters a better opponent, but because he gets burnt out. Are you denying this happens?

I'm wrong because Federer wins the occasional match? Did I ever say Federer is a terrible player with no hope of beating Nadal?

No. You mischaracterize their playing styles. It shows a lack of perspective.

CyBorg
05-19-2009, 07:35 AM
Again, you like to misrepresent my posts. I never said he was **** poor. He loses there not because he encounters a better opponent, but because he gets burnt out. Are you denying this happens?

Everyone gets burned out. Your logic is kind of funny and misrepresents what I said. First of all, I was referring to Nadal's ability to conserve energy over the course of a match - I was not referring to the year-round grind. Secondly, Nadal doesn't get more burned out year-round than other guys. Federer's late-year form was mostly horrible last year. Novak is constantly on-and-off, as is Murray. You're really just nitpicking things to suit your particular point of view. Not to mention that you detract from the real point.

No. You mischaracterize their playing styles. It shows a lack of perspective.

"Playing style" is vague. Guys have particular bodies, move in particular ways and hit particular kinds of shots. However players also think in particular ways. These are different things.

I believe that Federer is one of the most physically skilled players of all time, if not the most skilled. I just don't think he's one of the smartest. I prefer Nadal's clearer head. I believe that he stays fresher and more aware late in matches than Roger.

The-Champ
05-19-2009, 07:50 AM

Well Wilander said the same thing. I wonder where they get this idea about Nadal being the smartest player on tour?

Wilander and Gilbert know nothing about tennis.

CyBorg
05-19-2009, 07:54 AM
Well Wilander said the same thing. I wonder where they get this idea about Nadal being the smartest player on tour?

Wilander and Gilbert know nothing about tennis.

This has been established and celebrated. How dare these idiots belittle Federer, our holyness.

Chaplain: Let us praise Federer. O Lord...
Congregation: O Lord...
Chaplain: ...Ooh, You are so big...
Congregation: ...ooh, You are so big...
Chaplain: ...So absolutely huge.
Congregation: ...So absolutely huge.
Chaplain: Gosh, we're all really impressed down here, I can tell You.
Congregation: Gosh, we're all really impressed down here, I can tell You.
Chaplain: Forgive us, O Lord, for this, our dreadful toadying, and...
Congregation: And barefaced flattery.
Chaplain: But You are so strong and, well, just so super.
Congregation: Fantastic.
Humphrey: Amen.
Congregation: Amen.

ksbh
05-19-2009, 10:07 AM
Couldn't agree more with this particular point, and most of the others that you made.

Watching Wimbledon 2008, it was clear in the 5th set that Federer had slowed quite a bit and Nadal was going to take him down. I was also surprised to see Federer's sluggish movement in the 5th set of his Australian Open final against Nadal, especially considering that it was Nadal who had spent much more time in his semi-final match.

Many of their matches make it clear that Nadal's outsmarting Federer and playing a more tactical match. It isn't just about the tennis alone, which is why I've always felt that if you need to see Nadal at his best, watch him when he plays Federer.

I believe that Federer is one of the most physically skilled players of all time, if not the most skilled. I just don't think he's one of the smartest. I prefer Nadal's clearer head. I believe that he stays fresher and more aware late in matches than Roger.

TheNatural
05-19-2009, 10:59 AM

I'm surprise this trolling attempt of a thread hasn't been deleted yet.

Its just a troll attempt by a kid who can't even spell.

Whats with the Thomas Muster BS obsession? Muster won 1 Roland Garros, Nadal won 4 Roland Garros titles and Made your 'genius' Federer look like a stooge in the process.

http://www.salagir.com/gfx/troll-web.jpg

Cyan
05-19-2009, 11:05 AM
LMAO. Pathetic thread.

TheNatural
05-19-2009, 11:19 AM
LMAO. Pathetic thread.

Some of the *******s must have been promoted to moderator if this BS thread is still active.:shock:

fednad
05-19-2009, 12:00 PM

Fully agreed. Gilbert is an attention seeker.
To quote him in any way is insult of one's own intelligence.

Cesc Fabregas
05-19-2009, 12:20 PM
Fully agreed. Gilbert is an attention seeker.
To quote him in any way is insult of one's own intelligence.

Gilbert was a pro who reached 4 in the world and coached Andre Agassi to quite a few slams as well as coaching Andy Roddick to his only slam victory he knows more about tennis than the likes of you and other Fed fanboys.

cknobman
05-19-2009, 01:12 PM
Some of the *******s must have been promoted to moderator if this BS thread is still active.:shock:

Huh, I was thinking the exact opposite because your account hasnt been banned yet.
:confused:
LOL.

TheNatural
05-19-2009, 01:18 PM
Huh, I was thinking the exact opposite because your account hasnt been banned yet.
:confused:
LOL.

I m surprised your account hasn't been banned long ago. you should be banned for having a distasteful name like KNOB man. lol

BreakPoint
05-19-2009, 01:24 PM
Roger finally won a match against Nadal.

"Finally"? The last I checked Federer has won 7 matches against Nadal, including two Wimbledon finals. :oops:

Cesc Fabregas
05-19-2009, 01:26 PM
"Finally"? The last I checked Federer has won 7 matches against Nadal, including two Wimbledon finals. :oops:

One of them Rafa was playing in his 4th ever grass court tournement and the other Nadal was winning till he busted his knee and then lost in the 5th set.

BreakPoint
05-19-2009, 01:32 PM
Everyone gets burned out.
Not true.

First of all, I was referring to Nadal's ability to conserve energy over the course of a match -
You mean by cheating and taking WAY more than 25 seconds between points? :oops:
Secondly, Nadal doesn't get more burned out year-round than other guys.
Um...YES, he does. How many year-end Master's Cups or Masters Series in Madrid and Paris has Nadal ever won?

Federer's late-year form was mostly horrible last year.
Um...Federer had a back injury at the end of last year! How many times has he won the year-end Masters Cup before last year? :oops:

I believe that Federer is one of the most physically skilled players of all time, if not the most skilled. I just don't think he's one of the smartest.
That's because you need to be smart yourself to recognize how smart Federer is. :-?

TheNatural
05-19-2009, 01:33 PM

Its Fed's first bone in 18 months, Nadal will throw him another bone in November 2010.

fanofed
05-19-2009, 01:34 PM

I like your thinking my friend. I wouldnt say no one would remember Rafa, Djoke and Murray though. Rafa has already won 7 slams, no?

King of Aces
05-19-2009, 01:34 PM
Um...Federer had a back injury at the end of last year! How many times has he won the year-end Masters Cup before last year? :oops:

come on the mono excuse is far better, ;)

BreakPoint
05-19-2009, 01:37 PM
One of them Rafa was playing in his 4th ever grass court tournement and the other Nadal was winning till he busted his knee and then lost in the 5th set.
Got any more excuses?

Was the sun also in Rafa's eyes? Was it only windy on Rafa's side of the court? Did one of his water bottles get misaligned? Did he have a blister on his butt? :roll:

Cesc Fabregas
05-19-2009, 01:40 PM
Got any more excuses?

Was the sun also in Rafa's eyes? Was it only windy on Rafa's side of the court? Did one of his water bottles get misaligned? Did he have a blister on his butt? :roll:

I think when someone busts there knee its not an excuse Nadal won the 4th set 6-2 and was dominating Federer and bust his knee late on in the 4th set and had nothing left to give after playing 5 days in a row whilst Federer had a walkover due to Tommy Haas pulling out.

BreakPoint
05-19-2009, 01:41 PM
come on the mono excuse is far better, ;)
Um....did you not see him getting back massages at every changeover during the Murray match at the Masters Cup? How about all the deep knee bend stretches before almost every serve to stretch his back? How about sitting down in the linesman's chair between points to take the pressure off his back?

Get a clue. PLEASE!!!!

BreakPoint
05-19-2009, 01:43 PM
I think when someone busts there knee its not an excuse Nadal won the 4th set 6-2 and was dominating Federer and bust his knee late on in the 4th set and had nothing left to give after playing 5 days in a row whilst Federer had a walkover due to Tommy Haas pulling out.
I though walkovers don't help anyone win a final? Didn't Nadal get a walkover in Madrid? :oops:

TheNatural
05-19-2009, 01:44 PM
Um....did you not see him getting back massages at every changeover during the Murray match at the Masters Cup? How about all the deep knee bend stretches before almost every serve to stretch his back? How about sitting down in the linesman's chair between points to take the pressure off his back?

Get a clue. PLEASE!!!!

he should have developed better technique and training practices so he wouldn't hurt his back. His fault.

Cesc Fabregas
05-19-2009, 01:45 PM
I though walkovers don't help anyone win a final? Didn't Nadal get a walkover in Madrid? :oops:

Yep but then playing a gruelling 4 hour match and had less than a day to recover.

TennisBatman
05-19-2009, 01:45 PM
Federer...a player as graceful as a deer, but all of a sudden finds himself in front of headlights.

Nadal...a player as powerful as a bull, who sees the red cape of blood folding before him...

BreakPoint
05-19-2009, 01:46 PM
he should have developed better technique and training practices so he wouldn't hurt his back. His fault.
Maybe Nadal should run less and give up on points so he won't hurt his knees? His fault. :-?

BreakPoint
05-19-2009, 01:49 PM
Yep but then playing a gruelling 4 hour match and had less than a day to recover.
And Federer had to play one whole extra match while Nadal was comfortably resting, and Federer had to play the late night semi while Nadal was comfortably resting, and Federer had fewer hours to recover from his semi before the final while Nadal was comfortably resting. :oops:

Cesc Fabregas
05-19-2009, 01:51 PM
And Federer had to play one whole extra match while Nadal was comfortably resting, and Federer had to play the late night semi while Nadal was comfortably resting, and Federer had fewer hours to recover from his semi before the final while Nadal was comfortably resting. :oops:

True but Nadal had Verdasco and Djoker too very talented players who can trouble Nadal on clay whilst Federer had his old whipping boys Blake, Roddick and Del Potro.

TheNatural
05-19-2009, 01:56 PM
Maybe Nadal should run less and give up on points so he won't hurt his knees? His fault. :-?

But if he gave up on points it would spoil all the fun as he wouldn't have been able to crush Fed in their last 3 slam finals. :lol:

CyBorg
05-19-2009, 01:57 PM
Not true.

Yeah, ok. If you say so.

You mean by cheating and taking WAY more than 25 seconds between points? :oops:

Zzzzz

Um...YES, he does. How many year-end Master's Cups or Masters Series in Madrid and Paris has Nadal ever won?

Nadal has one masters series in Madrid.

Follow up question: how many (selectively picks name of tournament that a player hasn't won) has (the player mentioned) won?

None? Wow. I guess some players - check that - all players haven't won everything. How pathetic.

Back injury. That's interesting. Nadal, of course, doesn't have injuries. He just temporarily gets exposed for being one-dimensional before magically dominating after some time passes.

That's because you need to be smart yourself to recognize how smart Federer is. :-?

Yes, you're very smart. And I'm not. I'm glad you've taught me the way things really work.

CyBorg
05-19-2009, 01:59 PM

I guess Federer has since until Madrid been on a mental sabbatical? His genius rediscovered after a couple of years of losing to Nadal?

OddJack
05-19-2009, 02:01 PM
Good job Breakpoint Putting prannies in their place.

Pirao
05-19-2009, 02:09 PM
Amazing, Nadal loses one match and all the Fed trolls come out from the rocks they were hiding under, of course led by the biggest troll of them all, BP. I'm glad I was absent a couple of days, at least I missed most of this BS :-?.

BreakPoint
05-19-2009, 02:26 PM
True but Nadal had Verdasco and Djoker too very talented players who can trouble Nadal on clay whilst Federer had his old whipping boys Blake, Roddick and Del Potro.
And who's fault is that? Oh, yeah, Nadal's.

Since when has Verdasco ever troubled Federer?

Oh, and yes, Nadal has had trouble with Del Potro, Blake, and Roddick in the past. The clay in Madrid was playing like a hardcourt according to you *********s, right? :oops:

BreakPoint
05-19-2009, 02:28 PM
But if he gave up on points it would spoil all the fun as he wouldn't have been able to crush Fed in their last 3 slam finals. :lol:
So you admit it was Nadal's own fault. Too bad then. No more excuses.

He should learn to play exclusively serve and volley then. :shock:

Cesc Fabregas
05-19-2009, 02:33 PM
And who's fault is that? Oh, yeah, Nadal's.

Since when has Verdasco ever troubled Federer?

Oh, and yes, Nadal has had trouble with Del Potro, Blake, and Roddick in the past. The clay in Madrid was playing like a hardcourt according to you *********s, right? :oops:

Verdasco and Djoker are better players than Roddick and Blake at the moment no:confused:.

BreakPoint
05-19-2009, 02:40 PM
Nadal has one masters series in Madrid.

Follow up question: how many (selectively picks name of tournament that a player hasn't won) has (the player mentioned) won?

None? Wow. I guess some players - check that - all players haven't won everything. How pathetic.

Are you for real? You do know that until they changed it this year, Madrid was played towards the end of the ATP season, right? So if EVERYONE gets burnt out towards the end of the year and Nadal DOES NOT get more burnt out as other players like you claim, then why has Nadal NEVER won the year-end Master's Cup, while Federer has won 4 of them and almost won a 5th? :oops:

BreakPoint
05-19-2009, 02:42 PM
Verdasco and Djoker are better players than Roddick and Blake at the moment no:confused:.
Does it make a difference? They ALL trouble Nadal. :oops:

And you forgot Del Potro.

CyBorg
05-19-2009, 02:45 PM
Are you for real? You do know that until they changed it this year, Madrid was played towards the end of the ATP season, right? So if EVERYONE gets burnt out towards the end of the year and Nadal DOES NOT get more burnt out as other players like you claim, then why has Nadal NEVER won the year-end Master's Cup, while Federer has won 4 of them and almost won a 5th? :oops:

Players tire and get hurt at different times. Federer himself skipped Madrid/Paris more than once. His wins at the Masters Cup just indicate that he's much better on faster indoor surfaces than Nadal.

Chopin
05-19-2009, 03:09 PM
Players tire and get hurt at different times. Federer himself skipped Madrid/Paris more than once. His wins at the Masters Cup just indicate that he's much better on faster indoor surfaces than Nadal.

Federer has always been much fresher at the end of the year than Nadal (see this year's US Open) and Federer has made 18 consecutive slam semi-finals so it's not like he's been taking it easy. It's worth noting that Nadal played 90 matches last year (most in the ATP) compared with Federer's 80 (2nd in ATP), but then again, Nadal is only 22 as compared to 27.

I agree that Nadal has gotten better at shortening points as he's honed his hard-court game (hey, it was even evident at last year's French Open) but I still think he's going to have an up-hill battle with "burn-out" over his career just because his style of play is so physical.

I also agree that Nadal is great at making adjustments.

fastdunn
05-19-2009, 04:33 PM
Nadal does have surprisingly many easy points with his lefty game, especially early rounds.

Also note that Federer's game has much narrower margin of errors. Federer's groundies are extreme swings.

Chopin
05-19-2009, 05:25 PM
Nadal does have surprisingly many easy points with his lefty game, especially early rounds.

Also note that Federer's game has much narrower margin of errors. Federer's groundies are extreme swings.

I agree on the first point. Nadal is wining more easy points these days as he's improved his ability to hit penetrating strokes and because of the intimidation factor he posses now.

I agree that Federer's game has less room for error but there's no way Federer's strokes (mechanics wise) are more extreme than Nadal.

mikethehamster
05-19-2009, 06:57 PM
Nadal clearly detests the image now that he's grown up. He gets it. He's hiding the biceps and limiting the on-court theatrics. He doesn't want to be Tarzan.

you're giving him too much credit, as world #1 nike felt nadal had to cover those arms up.

stormholloway
05-19-2009, 07:09 PM

Seriously? Federer has been one of the most fit and injury free players on tour. He had one brief back problem. Nadal has chronic knee issues and seems to be burnt out towards the end of each year.

Chopin
05-19-2009, 07:19 PM
Seriously? Federer has been one of the most fit and injury free players on tour. He had one brief back problem. Nadal has chronic knee issues and seems to be burnt out towards the end of each year.

I agree. It's absurd to suggest that "better technique" would prevent a player like Federer from having a rare injury. The human body isn't designed to pound a tennis ball for 4-8 hours a day from the age of 6 to 27.

theduh
05-19-2009, 09:20 PM
He didn't look exhausted to me.

But that's the excuse being given by Nadal fans. The 4 hour EPIC match with Djoker drained Nadal that he could no longer compete in the finals with Fed.

BreakPoint
05-19-2009, 09:30 PM
But that's the excuse being given by Nadal fans. The 4 hour EPIC match with Djoker drained Nadal that he could no longer compete in the finals with Fed.
How is a 4 hour match that consisted of 3 hours of wasting time before serving, changeovers, and medical timeouts going to affect someone that usually practices 8 hours a day? :confused:

theduh
05-19-2009, 09:42 PM
That was no epic..

Most boring tennis match I have ever watched..

It was kinda like the WTA. Two players trying to chop down a tree...

Well Nadal and Novak fans alike calls it epic.

Mick
05-19-2009, 09:43 PM
it couldn't be that boring otherwise, you would have switched the channel or turned off the tv.

theduh
05-19-2009, 09:43 PM
How is a 4 hour match that consisted of 3 hours of wasting time before serving, changeovers, and medical timeouts going to affect someone that usually practices 8 hours a day? :confused:

Honestly I do not know and I'm also confused why it took like 4 hours to play a 3 set match.

theduh
05-19-2009, 09:44 PM
it couldn't be that boring otherwise, you would have switched the channel or turned off the tv.

I think he didn't watched it.

theduh
05-19-2009, 09:45 PM
They would!:)

really liked your username. One of the best!

Mick
05-19-2009, 09:50 PM
Thats exactly what I did. :)

What ****ed me off the most though. 4 hours later when I went to watch the second semi. It was still going..

Sheesh..........

haha. I see :D

TheNatural
05-19-2009, 11:00 PM
So you admit it was Nadal's own fault. Too bad then. No more excuses.

He should learn to play exclusively serve and volley then. :shock:

We all know the Madrid semi was the real final between the 2 best clay players

Nadal's fault for what? For beating Fed in their last 3 slam finals? Ok I admit it, he could have finished Fed off quicker at WImbledon and at the AO, his fault.

What will be Fed's excuses when he loses to the best again on clay or when he loses to the 2nd best on clay at Roland Garros? His serve % wasn't high enough? or No one made Joker or Nadal tired enough before their match with Fed?Or he forgot how to SV?:)

BreakPoint
05-19-2009, 11:08 PM
How could it be the "real final" when neither player walked away with the winner's trophy? :confused:

Yeah, a "best" clay court player who's never even ever made it to a French Open final. Yeah, that makes Djokovic "the best". :oops:

Nadal's fault for what?
For playing a 4 hour match instead of a 90 minute match. :-?

You don't think Federer could have stretched out his semi to 4 hours also if he wanted to? He was smart enough not to and took care of business efficiently.

Cesc Fabregas
05-19-2009, 11:12 PM
How could it be the "real final" when neither player walked away with the winner's trophy? :confused:

Yeah, a "best" clay court player who's never even ever made it to a French Open final. Yeah, that makes Djokovic "the best". :oops:

You don't think Federer could have stretched out his semi to 4 hours also if he wanted to? He was smart enough not to and took care of business efficiently.

Djokovic is a far tougher opponent that Del Potro so that doesn't make sence.

BreakPoint
05-19-2009, 11:19 PM
Djokovic is a far tougher opponent that Del Potro so that doesn't make sence.
"Tougher" for whom? Del Potro beat Nadal on hardcourts in Miami but he got his butt spanked by Federer at the AO. How do you know Del Potro wouldn't have given Nadal just as tough of a match as Djokovic did? In fact, how do you know Del Potro wouldn't have beaten Nadal just like he did in Miami? The answer? YOU DON'T!!!

Cesc Fabregas
05-19-2009, 11:23 PM
"Tougher" for whom? Del Potro beat Nadal on hardcourts in Miami but he got his butt spanked by Federer at the AO. How do you know Del Potro wouldn't have given Nadal just as tough of a match as Djokovic did? In fact, how do you know Del Potro wouldn't have beaten Nadal just like he did in Miami? The answer? YOU DON'T!!!

Del Potro has beaten Nadal once and it was in a 3rd set tiebreak before that he had never taken a set off Nadal whilst Djokovic has beaten Nadal 4 times.

BreakPoint
05-19-2009, 11:27 PM
Del Potro has beaten Nadal once and it was in a 3rd set tiebreak before that he had never taken a set off Nadal whilst Djokovic has beaten Nadal 4 times.
Um...before Djokovic beat Nadal 4 times, he beat him only once as well, didn't he?

Do you know for a fact that Del Potro won't beat Nadal 3 more times? No, you don't.

R_Federer
05-19-2009, 11:50 PM
I already said it before that Nadal's reign at the top will be very short compared to Federer's because of Nadal's body and his style of play. We are already seeing that now. He wont be anything in a year or definitely two.

TheNatural
05-20-2009, 12:15 AM

Should Nadal have just lost the semi like Federer did in Rome v Joker? Or should he have tried to win even if it took 4 hours v the 2nd best clay player?

Who gave Nadal a tougher match at the 2008 FO, Joker or Fed? And who won in Rome between Joker and Fed on the real clay? Joker is the 2nd best on clay. Fed can have Madrid but we both know he's not having Roland Garros. :shock:

TheNatural
05-20-2009, 12:18 AM
Federer also has to watch out for Wawrinka on the real clay at Roland Garros. :lol:

BreakPoint
05-20-2009, 12:20 AM
Should Nadal have just lost the semi like Federer did in Rome v Joker? Or should he have tried to win even if it took 4 hours v the 2nd best clay player?

Who gave Nadal a tougher match at the 2008 FO, Joker or Fed? And who won in Rome between Joker and Fed on the real clay? Joker is the 2nd best on clay. Fed can have Madrid but we both know he's not having Roland Garros. :shock:
What kind of logic is this? :-?

Djokovic gets spanked by Nadal on clay 3 times in a row within a month while Federer spanks Nadal on clay in straight sets. So if Djokovic is the 2nd best clay court player then who's the 1st best? Federer? :oops:

BreakPoint
05-20-2009, 12:21 AM
Federer also has to watch out for Wawrinka on the real clay at Roland Garros. :lol:
Yes, and Nadal better hope he doesn't face Ferrero in an early round. :oops:

Pirao
05-20-2009, 12:40 AM
Federer should watch out for Stepanek! :lol:

TheNatural
05-20-2009, 12:40 AM
Yes, and Nadal better hope he doesn't face Ferrero in an early round. :oops:

Nadal already dodged the Ferrero bullet last year by avoiding him at Roland Garros, this year theses no one that beat him on the real clay.

Admit it, Fed and his army of fedtrads like you will be fretting about the draw and praying that Wawrinka and Joker are on the other side. :lol:

TheNatural
05-20-2009, 12:43 AM

Fed should team up with Wawrinka in doubles if hes serious about winning a Roland Garros trophy instead of another doughnut tray.:twisted:

TheNatural
05-20-2009, 12:44 AM
No. I wont.

You just roll with the punches.. Kinda like how the real world works..

Oh, and I am not a Fed fan. I am an admirer of a classic style tennis player thank you!

so No?= breakpoint

BreakPoint
05-20-2009, 12:49 AM
He already has and he spanked Stepanek 6-4, 6-1 in Rome this year. :oops:

Nadal better watch out for Uncle Toni because if Rafa doesn't do exactly as he tells him to do he's in for a real spanking. :shock:

aphex
05-20-2009, 01:00 AM
Fed should team up with Wawrinka in doubles if hes serious about winning a Roland Garros trophy instead of another doughnut tray.:twisted:

you mean like the one sampras ate in the '96 SEMI?

Pirao
05-20-2009, 01:01 AM

Damn right :)!

Pirao
05-20-2009, 01:03 AM
He already has and he spanked Stepanek 6-4, 6-1 in Rome this year. :oops:

Nadal better watch out for Uncle Toni because if Rafa doesn't do exactly as he tells him to do he's in for a real spanking. :shock:

Yep kinda like Djokovic and Wawrinka spanked him recently too. Fed better watch out they're not in their half, mmm?

TheNatural
05-20-2009, 02:23 AM

Sampras won a bigger title than Fed on clay-Davis cup> Masters series, ha!

Those doughnut trays must mean a lot to Federer. Look how happy Federer was to win his 3rd doughnut tray.

http://i43.tinypic.com/am6st1.jpg

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0eqkbLTcaf7GY/340x.jpg

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0cy14kq0bfatW/610x.jpg

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0gTD8WS3In7X0/340x.jpg

aphex
05-20-2009, 02:29 AM
[QUOTE=TheNatural;3444399]Sampras won a bigger title than Fed on clay-Davis cup> Masters series, ha!

Those doughnut trays must mean a lot to Federer. Look how happy Federer was to win his 3rd doughnut tray.

getting to 3 consecutive RG finals is a big deal...maybe one day
he will try to explain the feeling to sampras

TheNatural
05-20-2009, 02:34 AM
[QUOTE=TheNatural;3444399]Sampras won a bigger title than Fed on clay-Davis cup> Masters series, ha!

getting to 3 consecutive RG finals is a big deal...maybe one day
he will try to explain the feeling to sampras

he can explain how he got dominated in so many slam finals by the same guy..because Sampras would love to hear about how it feels :)

TheNatural
05-20-2009, 02:36 AM
[QUOTE=aphex;3444404]

Ha ha ha

TheNatural =

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v636/AusLexJapan/2212239676_bf5851fc9d.jpg

Is that a self portrait?Lay off the doughnuts and beer.:)

BreakPoint
05-20-2009, 02:39 AM
he can explain how he got dominated in so many slam finals by the same guy..because Sampras would love to hear about how it feels :)
Yes, Sampras would love to hear it because he has no idea how it feels to be in even one French Open final, let alone three. :oops:

TheNatural
05-20-2009, 02:43 AM
Yes, Sampras would love to hear it because he has no idea how it feels to be in even one French Open final, let alone three. :oops:

He rather not know how it feels to be such a perennial loser. :wink:

theduh
05-20-2009, 02:43 AM
[QUOTE=aphex;3444404]

And how Sampras didn't make any FO finals for that matter.

theduh
05-20-2009, 02:45 AM

Haha! Fed wouldn't trade one FO SF to his 3 FO Finals. I bet Sampras would like to have one plate as supposed to having nothing.

BreakPoint
05-20-2009, 02:50 AM
No need to explain that to Sampras as he already knows intimately how it feels to be a perennial loser at the French Open. :( :oops:

TheNatural
05-20-2009, 02:51 AM
[QUOTE=theduh;3444425]

Yeah, you would think that the point you just made would have a huuuge face slap factor. No??

It's really intelligent to edit my posts by putting your own text into my posts fat boy. :roll:

http://www.erg.be/blogs/huberlant/wp-content/uploads/2006/07/1Vince_frost2.jpg

TheNatural
05-20-2009, 02:54 AM
No need to explain that to Sampras as he already knows intimately how it feels to be a perennial loser at the French Open. :( :oops:

Who'd want to be famous for losing all the finals and winning a complete set of doughnut trays. :oops:

jamesblakefan#1
05-20-2009, 02:56 AM
The Natural, you fail sir. Besides that one last yr, Fed has never been dominated by Nadal in a slam final, they've always been close, tight matches. You have selective memory. That, or you're just plain dumb.

jamesblakefan#1
05-20-2009, 02:57 AM
And I think Fed's 13 slams kinda outweigh the dog trays. Just a guess.

stormholloway
05-20-2009, 02:58 AM

Seriously, Sampras never managed a single French Open final while Federer has proven himself to be #2 at Roland Garros since 2005.

By the way, Sampras was still a perennial loser at Roland Garros, he just seemed to lose much early in the tournament than Federer. Why you're gloating about this I don't know. Federer will be known as a great clay court player, even if he doesn't win RG. Sampras will always be considered very average on the surface.

jamesblakefan#1
05-20-2009, 03:02 AM
Its amazing how some of these idiots are capable of putting together complete sentences.

TheNatural
05-20-2009, 03:37 AM
Its amazing how some of these idiots are capable of putting together complete sentences.

I'm amazed too. By the way congratulations to Blake for shattering Fed's dream at the Olympics.That was fantastic.

theduh
05-20-2009, 03:47 AM
I'm amazed too. By the way congratulations to Blake for shattering Fed's dream at the Olympics.That was fantastic.

You're digging your self a big hole here. Oh btw did Sampras past the 3rd round of the Olympics??? Guess not.

TheNatural
05-20-2009, 03:51 AM
Again.....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v636/AusLexJapan/2212240910_27c371f5ab.jpg

I said lay off the doughnuts. So whats your target weight?:)

TheNatural
05-20-2009, 03:56 AM
You're digging your self a big hole here. Oh btw did Sampras past the 3rd round of the Olympics??? Guess not.

he's not a 3 time LOSER :oops:

theduh
05-20-2009, 04:00 AM
he's not a 3 time LOSER :oops:

3 times in the finals, that is worth something. Anyway there is no way you can prove that Pete's record on FO is better than Fed. End of discussion.

jamesblakefan#1
05-20-2009, 04:01 AM
You mut be kidding right???

TheNatural
05-20-2009, 04:03 AM
3 times in the finals, that is worth something. Anyway there is no way you can prove that Pete's record on FO is better than Fed. End of discussion.

I was talking about the Olympics.

How well did Fed do at the FO under the same conditions as Sampras and when Fed used his PS85? Worse than Sampras. So all things being equal Sampras outperformed Fed there :oops:

jamesblakefan#1
05-20-2009, 04:07 AM
Fed even did better at the Olympics than Sampras. You're just making more and more of an *** of yourself.

TheNatural
05-20-2009, 04:13 AM
Fed even did better at the Olympics than Sampras. You're just making more and more of an *** of yourself.

4th is as good as last in the Olympics, only the top 3 win anything. Sampras didn't prioritize the Olympics so losing once isn't a big deal.In contrast Federer Bombed out 3 times with 0 singles medals. He did as bad as anyone can do by losing 3 times despite prioritizing the Olympics and saying winning the singles gold would mean as much to him as Wimbledon single title would. :oops:

jamesblakefan#1
05-20-2009, 04:18 AM
Why am I arguing you over the Olympics? The only number that matters is 13 for Roger, 14 for Pete, but soon enough, Pete will be the true loser, when he hands that record over to Fed.

theduh
05-20-2009, 04:19 AM
I was talking about the Olympics.

How well did Fed do at the FO under the same conditions as Sampras and when Fed used his PS85? Worse than Sampras. So all things being equal Sampras outperformed Fed there :oops:

My bad didn't realize that you were still on the Olympics topic. How many times did Pete compete in the Olympics anyway? only once correct? so your logic is flawed! I wonder why Pete didn't compete anymore? To be honest your guess is just as good as mine.

Wait... please don't give me the 5 inch difference! Is this the only response that you can give me? geezz

theduh
05-20-2009, 04:20 AM
Why am I arguing you over the Olympics? The only number that matters is 13 for Roger, 14 for Pete, but soon enough, Pete will be the true loser, when he hands that record over to Fed.

He just can't get any other argument out there. I think it's time we leave him alone.

TheNatural
05-20-2009, 04:35 AM
He just can't get any other argument out there. I think it's time we leave him alone.

Good idea. you may as well quit while you're behind. :shock:

theduh
05-20-2009, 04:39 AM
Good idea. you may as well quit while you're behind. :shock:

Please!!! You're already looking stupid by the minute. Lay off the Pete pill and have a rest ;).

TheNatural
05-20-2009, 05:08 AM
Please!!! You're already looking stupid by the minute. Lay off the Pete pill and have a rest ;).

I will as soon as you lay off the stupid pills. You can stop posting in this thread now because:

http://i43.tinypic.com/2h5jn1s.jpg

Pirao
05-20-2009, 06:49 AM

Amazing, my thread calling out *******s gets deleted but this "gem" is allowed to stay alive. Some unbiased moderation I see.

drakulie
05-20-2009, 06:55 AM
Amazing, my thread calling out *******s gets deleted but this "gem" is allowed to stay alive. Some unbiased moderation I see.

http://4gifs.com/gallery/d/555-1/forcefall.gif

thejoe
05-20-2009, 06:57 AM
I will as soon as you lay off the stupid pills. You can stop posting in this thread now because:

So we won't be hearing from you again? Excellent...

Pirao
05-20-2009, 07:01 AM
http://4gifs.com/gallery/d/555-1/forcefall.gif

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/2553/view2.gif (http://img33.imageshack.us/my.php?image=view2.gif)

Yes, I know how to post images too, your point?

cknobman
05-20-2009, 07:03 AM
Ive been scratching my head lately at some of the completely ludicrous posts our beloved "TheNatural" has been posting lately and wondering just what his behind is train of thought.

Well I went to a local burger king the other night and to my surprise I saw "TheNatural" on duty taking peoples orders. I snapped a pic so I could share with everyone here at the tw forums.

http://members.cox.net/scribeokc/post_graphics/DingFriesAreDone.jpg

Needless to say it was hard to get an order in because all he kept saying was "Ding fries are done"

We eventually had to leave and eat elsewhere but the experience did offer some much needed insight to the reasoning behind "TheNaturals" posts.

drakulie
05-20-2009, 07:18 AM
Yes, I know how to post images too, your point?

Don't be angry because the mods deleted your pointless thread. By the way, your force powers are weak. Remember, anger leads to the dark side.

http://4gifs.com/gallery/d/563-1/forceninja2.gif

Pirao
05-20-2009, 07:34 AM
Don't be angry because the mods deleted your pointless thread. By the way, your force powers are weak. Remember, anger leads to the dark side.

http://4gifs.com/gallery/d/563-1/forceninja2.gif

Oh yeah I'm so angry I'm about to explode :lol:.

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/8933/omamseriousbusiness.jpg (http://img199.imageshack.us/my.php?image=omamseriousbusiness.jpg)

All I'm asking is, if they delete my threads, they also delete wothless posts like the one above you, who also happens to contain personal attacks, or like these thread which is clearly designed for trolling, no double standards.

BTW, my force powers>yours.

http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/9278/view3.gif (http://img39.imageshack.us/my.php?image=view3.gif)

drakulie
05-20-2009, 07:36 AM
^^^I see you are a Sith. Now I will have to do this to you:

http://4gifs.com/gallery/d/537-1/Forceeyeball.gif

Pirao
05-20-2009, 07:44 AM
^^^I see you are a Sith. Now I will have to do this to you:

http://4gifs.com/gallery/d/537-1/Forceeyeball.gif

Come on, we are not going to trade gifs all day, are we?

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/5535/biglebowski.gif (http://img194.imageshack.us/my.php?image=biglebowski.gif)

drakulie
05-20-2009, 07:45 AM
^^Yes: (this is fun)

http://4gifs.com/gallery/d/57405-1/Robocop.gif

BreakPoint
05-20-2009, 11:46 AM
And who was it that walked away from the Olympics with a gold medal around his neck? Blake or Federer? :oops:

In fact, Blake walked away empty handed. :(

Cesc Fabregas
05-20-2009, 11:48 AM
And who was it that walked away from the Olympics with a gold medal around his neck? Blake or Federer? :oops:

In fact, Blake walked away empty handed. :(

Federer dreamed of winning the singles in the Olympics though too bad for him Nadal won that.

BreakPoint
05-20-2009, 11:50 AM
4th is as good as last in the Olympics, only the top 3 win anything. Sampras didn't prioritize the Olympics so losing once isn't a big deal.In contrast Federer Bombed out 3 times with 0 singles medals. He did as bad as anyone can do by losing 3 times despite prioritizing the Olympics and saying winning the singles gold would mean as much to him as Wimbledon single title would. :oops:
And how many Olympic gold medals does Sampras have in his trophy case? Oh, yeah, NONE!!!!

While Federer has a nice fat prestigious Olympic gold medal in his. :oops:

BreakPoint
05-20-2009, 11:51 AM
Federer dreamed of winning the singles in the Olympics though too bad for him Nadal won that.
Federer dreamed of winning an Olympic gold medal for Switzerland, period!

Mission accomplished!!!! :)

Cesc Fabregas
05-20-2009, 11:52 AM
And how many Olympic gold medals does Sampras have in his trophy case? Oh, yeah, NONE!!!!

While Federer has a nice fat prestigious Olympic gold medal in his. :oops:

I thought you were a Sampras fan because you have him in your picture? but you come across as a bigger Federer fan.

BreakPoint
05-20-2009, 11:55 AM
I thought you were a Sampras fan because you have him in your picture? but you come across as a bigger Federer fan.
Facts are facts.

Only Nadal fans distort the facts. And only a Sampras-**** like The Natural distorts facts. I don't!

Cesc Fabregas
05-20-2009, 11:55 AM
Facts are facts.

Only Nadal fans distort the facts. And only a Sampras-**** like The Natural distorts facts. I don't!

Who do you prefer Sampras or Federer?

BreakPoint
05-20-2009, 12:05 PM
Who do you prefer Sampras or Federer?
Prefer for what? Having dinner with?

Cesc Fabregas
05-20-2009, 12:05 PM
Prefer for what? Having dinner with?

As tennis players :-|.

BreakPoint
05-20-2009, 12:10 PM
As tennis players :-|.
Yes, they are both tennis players and I prefer tennis players over cricket players.

theduh
05-20-2009, 07:21 PM
So we won't be hearing from you again? Excellent...

LOL! Yeah I think we heard the last of him.

fednad
05-22-2009, 11:49 AM
Gilbert was a pro who reached 4 in the world and coached Andre Agassi to quite a few slams as well as coaching Andy Roddick to his only slam victory he knows more about tennis than the likes of you and other Fed fanboys.

That is what makes it even more shameful.
That he has been a number 4 and still seeks attention like a morone.
And members of the Pete's butt-kissing army who have joined Nadal's troll gang will not see anything wrong till Gilbert opens his jackass mouth against Nadal.

fednad
05-22-2009, 11:51 AM
Its Fed's first bone in 18 months, Nadal will throw him another bone in November 2010.

Sampras was thrown bone at Rolland Garros by a new gentleman every year.
He could not even remember who threw bone the previous year.

fednad
05-22-2009, 11:52 AM
Got any more excuses?

One more thing - his wedgie was a fitting one and he could not pick.
The OCD could not be attended and he could not focus in the match.

fednad
05-22-2009, 11:58 AM

Storm, Naddal's booty-licking gang wont get it.
Nadal is a wuss who is injured tired since the beginning of the year.
Guess what - three fourth of his energy goes in the following:
1.) Jumping jack clown-*** routine performed at the start of each match
2.) Closing fist and shouting vamos every third point - many times at opponents unforced error also.
3.) Redudndant bending to align-realign-furtherRealign his water bottles
4.) Tapping the ball, wasting energy and then stop the routine to pick ***
5.) Walking to the ballgirl to ask for towel which he will use to clean his thumb

Many more - what a wuss. Always tired

fednad
05-22-2009, 12:00 PM

you forget to mention that it was the "real final"
GJ - we have finally found your brother who was lost in the yearly fair during childhood

fednad
05-22-2009, 12:02 PM

Actually, Sampras ate every year.
These clowns have short memory and forget it completely.

fednad
05-22-2009, 12:05 PM

Sampras never prioritized french open also.
Looks like other than his titles your shampoo (read sampras) did not prioritize anything. What a poor planner

vtmike
05-22-2009, 12:06 PM
so No?= breakpoint

OHhh Thank you moderators for banning this guy!!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_x2v8mGIUtxM/SXCgyezybCI/AAAAAAAAAIQ/f-oLxyWF9IM/s400/thank-you.jpg

fednad
05-22-2009, 12:08 PM

For once you Shampoo-***-kissers decide whether you need to argue with your dear shampoo as the center point of logic or NadsoBoy as the center point

Blade0324
05-22-2009, 02:33 PM
Facts are facts.

RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:-?

miyagi
05-22-2009, 03:49 PM
This forum is getting unbareable! How old are you guys?

Both players are smart, whether they are genii remains to be seen...who can really know which player is the smartest!

They both play great tennis, who you think is best is just down to personal taste.....

And anyone trying to belittle someone who won 6 slams and 15 MS when their biggest sporting achievement is posting on TW is the real intellectually challenged one!

theduh
05-22-2009, 07:54 PM

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_x2v8mGIUtxM/SXCgyezybCI/AAAAAAAAAIQ/f-oLxyWF9IM/s400/thank-you.jpg

I did not even realize that he was banned. Yeah I think we heard the last of him.

drakulie
05-22-2009, 08:02 PM
The Natural:

http://i9.tinypic.com/4liii3m.gif

vtmike
05-22-2009, 08:06 PM
I will as soon as you lay off the stupid pills. You can stop posting in this thread now!

http://startswithabang.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/simpsons_nelson_haha3.jpg

JoshDragon
05-22-2009, 08:58 PM

What a joke. Muster was never even close to Nadal's league. Muster only won 1 major, Nadal already has 6. Muster never finished a year as the #1 player in the world. Nadal did it last year and will probably do it this year.

Nadal will be remembered as the guy who stopped Roger Federer from becoming the indisputable GOAT.

theduh
05-23-2009, 08:36 PM
The Natural:

http://i9.tinypic.com/4liii3m.gif

LOL!!! I love the way you edit\mix videos.

vtmike
05-24-2009, 06:12 AM

Hahaha you seem to have finally reached that point! I'm so glad the moderators have banned this creature!

http://visforvoltage.org/files/u419/banned-chimp.jpg

Did I just make a tennis playa angry? :oops: :lol:

Cesc Fabregas
09-27-2010, 02:36 PM
It's common for people to refer to Nadal as that guy who has "unparalleled fighting spirit". But this is also a way to kind of dismiss him. As in, "he's not really skilled; he's just really hard working and wins on that hard work alone."

Nadal is particularly adept at picking up on his opponent's weaknesses and attacking them. He is also exceptional at making adjustments over the course of the match. He has an exceptional feel for the game, oustanding vision and awareness, and never seems to go on automatic. Most guys do - Federer included. When Nadal's in trouble he slows things down; most players have a tendency to speed things up - Federer included.

I'm bumping this thread up because there are some intresting points in this thread, I feel this is a great post and shows how misguided Nadal's game in potrayed in the media and by commentators.

Rippy
09-27-2010, 02:43 PM
It's interesting this thread didn't get bumped after the 2009 French Open; after reading just the first page, there were several posts saying Federer definitely wouldn't win it.

Legend of Borg
09-27-2010, 03:03 PM
It's interesting this thread didn't get bumped after the 2009 French Open; after reading just the first page, there were several posts saying Federer definitely wouldn't win it.

Yes, noticed that as well. Where's The Natural? :)

Rippy
09-27-2010, 03:06 PM
Fed wins 1 finals on claay and his fans get carried away.*Sigh*.I'll bump this thread when Fed's brandwagon gets derailed in Paris.

You forgot to bump the thread after the French Open 2009, when Fed's bandwagon got derailed...

:oops:

LOL I wouldn't bump a thread especially to say that, but this one had already been bumped by Cesc Fabregas. :lol:

ivan_the_terrible
09-27-2010, 03:09 PM
Where I come from, thread bumpers get an auto-ban

Legend of Borg
09-27-2010, 03:12 PM
Where I come from, thread bumpers get an auto-ban

In Soviet Russia, YOU ban moderator!

veroniquem
09-27-2010, 03:26 PM

What a fantastic post!
Where is CyBorg? I miss him.

veroniquem
09-27-2010, 03:28 PM

Ha ha another contender for embarrassing post of the year! We have a nice selection of them now :)

veroniquem
09-27-2010, 03:32 PM
You forgot to bump the thread after the French Open 2009, when Fed's bandwagon got derailed...

:oops:

That's because Fed didn't win RG by beating Nadal, he capitalized on Nadal's misfortune but the fact he can't beat Rafa at RG remains unchanged.

fed_the_savior
09-27-2010, 03:34 PM

Doesn't it seem kind of ironic that this guy is now banned. :-D

Legend of Borg
09-27-2010, 03:43 PM
That's because Fed didn't win RG by beating Nadal, he capitalized on Nadal's misfortune but the fact he can't beat Rafa at RG remains unchanged.

Why can't you just accept that he won the FO fair and square? No asterisks next to his title or any special notes that makes his win any less. Just the same way Nadal won his USO title. You can only play the player in front of you. Now stop it.

Rippy
09-27-2010, 03:58 PM

So did the Federer bandwagon get derailed at the French Open?

Umm... no it didn't, because Federer won the French Open. Where exactly did the "derailing of the Federer bandwagon" take place in RG 2009? Was it the moment when he lifted the trophy?

:lol:

veroniquem
09-27-2010, 04:49 PM
The derailing happened this year... It was just postponed :)

veroniquem
09-27-2010, 04:53 PM
Why can't you just accept that he won the FO fair and square? No asterisks next to his title or any special notes that makes his win any less. Just the same way Nadal won his USO title. You can only play the player in front of you. Now stop it.
I can see a big difference between winning RG by beating a first time finalist ranked out of the top 20 and winning USO by beating the #2 player in the world, former slam winner and finalist.
Other than that, of course he won it fair and square: hopefully there is a difference between a bit of luck and cheating!