PDA

View Full Version : After 3 months of watching clay court tennis..

LanceStern
05-18-2009, 01:20 PM
I looked back at the nadal/Federer AO2009 final (a very painful match for me to watch, but it was really good nonetheless) and man it looks like that court is going at bullet speeds! I complained that AO was too slow to be a hard court but wow.

I hear how Madrid is definitely a faster clay court than most, but it's nothing compared to hardcourts.

batz
05-18-2009, 01:38 PM
I looked back at the nadal/Federer AO2009 final (a very painful match for me to watch, but it was really good nonetheless) and man it looks like that court is going at bullet speeds! I complained that AO was too slow to be a hard court but wow.

I hear how Madrid is definitely a faster clay court than most, but it's nothing compared to hardcourts.

I watched Andre play a set against Henman yesterday on grass - boy was that fast and low. Can't wait for Queens.

All-rounder
05-18-2009, 01:40 PM
I watched Andre play a set against Henman yesterday on grass - boy was that fast and low. Can't wait for Queens.
Did they play at wimbledon??

ronalditop
05-18-2009, 01:43 PM

they were three exhibition matches. Graf played with klijsters, Agassi with Henman, and doubles agassi-graff/ henman-klijsters.

DNShade
05-18-2009, 02:38 PM

Yes - on Center Court. A big thing to celebrate the new roof on Center Court.

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=261576