PDA

View Full Version : roddick's best win ever - nadal dubai 2008

manny pacquiao P4P king
05-18-2009, 02:50 PM
i honestly think it is because, he never beat federer when fed was a monster 04 - 07, and he beat nadal, who had the best year than anyone last year, no doubt comfortably.

some people might say - 'it was on a fast hard court so it doesn't count' but they both have a hardcourt slam each.

roddick has beaten all of the greats - agassi,sampras,nadal,federer, but has only beaten one of them in there best year (so far, anyway), and not even fed could beat nadal last year. im not talking about the best player he's beaten - that would be sampras, im talking about the win against a player who was playing like a man possesed in that year, if you get me.

Blinkism
05-18-2009, 02:53 PM
Just goes to show why Roddick was never really dominant (him and Fed were co-dominant in 2003, really).

He can't keep his high level up consistently enough.

manny pacquiao P4P king
05-18-2009, 02:57 PM
Just goes to show why Roddick was never really dominant (him and Fed were co-dominant in 2003, really).

He can't keep his high level up consistently enough.

fed always played his best against roddickm unfortunately

DarthFed
05-18-2009, 03:01 PM
Its funny...how a win can't count because of speed of surface..i wasn't here during Dubai but were people really spewing that garbage?

tennis-hero
05-18-2009, 03:35 PM
Rog isn't in Andy's head

Roger is just a good matchup

its a damn shame

Roddick is a REAL CLASSY GUY (mostly, although i agree he has his temper tantrums)

IF roddick was left handed he woulda owned Roger probably

tacou
05-18-2009, 04:56 PM
^ huh?

I think this is a bit of a stretch. It was a good win, but how about coming down against Nalby at the USO, or the final he won in straights?

Leublu tennis
05-18-2009, 05:38 PM
Roddick this year in Dubai. Oh, he didn't play? Out politicking, you say?

jamesblakefan#1
05-18-2009, 06:43 PM
Roddick's biggest win would've been over Fed in Miami last yr, had he gone on to win the tourney. Alas, he dissapointed once again by losing to Davydenko.

FD3S
05-18-2009, 07:05 PM
Roddick this year in Dubai. Oh, he didn't play? Out politicking, you say?

Dude, are you STILL on this?