PDA

View Full Version : Eastern --------> Semi-Western

Web Crawler
04-05-2004, 04:40 PM
I just started to switch from a Eastern forehand to a Semi Western and I wanted to know if there was any tips to keep in mind while trying to master this new grip.

Stitch626
04-05-2004, 05:58 PM
I dont kno if there are any more tips. Just remember to keep your swing low to high, Perpendicular racket at contact, and keep wrist still. Sometimes people try to roll over the ball to get more topspin when they switch to a grip more towards western, but this is wrong.

Cigo
04-06-2004, 12:02 PM
During my switch from eastern to semi the backswing stayed practically the same, perhaps a bit different wrist position, which you will probably find right away. The major change occurred in the contact faze and into the follow through. I had to 'aim lower.' With eastern I seemed to end up with a higher elbow then with semi western. Also don't be afraid to experiment and unwind with your shoulders more then you are used to.

kreative
04-06-2004, 12:46 PM
hit it a little earlier than w/ your eastern, slightly more out in front of you.

Web Crawler
04-08-2004, 04:23 PM
Had a tennis match today and thankfully won 6-3, 3-6, 6-2 but during the match I noticed my backhand slice was as potent as when I had my eastern and Im not comfortable to go for a topspin shot yet so I was forced to run around the shot and hit with my forehand. Any tips to help me with my slice would be appreciated.