PDA

View Full Version : Updating my prediction

AprilFool
05-19-2009, 03:08 AM
After the Us Open I predicted that Federer would lose the Australian and the French and go on to tie Pete's record at Wimbledon and break it at the USO.

So far I was right about the AO.

I am now revising that prediction and believe that he will tie Pete's record at the French and get number 15 in England :)

bolo
05-19-2009, 03:27 AM
After the Us Open I predicted that Federer would lose the Australian and the French and go on to tie Pete's record at Wimbledon and break it at the USO.

I am now revising that prediction and believe that he will tie Pete's record at the French and get number 15 in England :)

bold prediction, good luck to your player.....he's going to need it. :)

dr325i
05-19-2009, 03:38 AM

WOW, just after the Madrid win that was basically served to him on a plate.
I predict he will not even see the final at FO, and no slams for him this year... Then things get tougher as his ranking falls...

drummerboy
05-19-2009, 03:51 AM
I am not sure for the French Open, but with the agressive play like he showed in Madrid he can still be very dangerous in Wimby this year. Unless they don't make grass even slower this year. Go Fed.

vtmike
05-19-2009, 03:56 AM

All I can say is *touchwood* :)

King of Aces
05-19-2009, 03:59 AM

My prediction is that Fed loses at the FO, Wimbledon ,USO and has a nervous breakdown and takes some time off....maybe even retires.

MichaelChang
05-19-2009, 04:00 AM
this is a 5 star thread?

Raiha
05-19-2009, 04:03 AM
this is a 5 star thread?

not any more xd

manny pacquiao P4P king
05-19-2009, 07:11 AM
bold prediction, good luck to your player.....he's going to need it. :)

he's going to need a miracle, not luck

manny pacquiao P4P king
05-19-2009, 07:11 AM
My prediction is that Fed loses at the FO, Wimbledon ,USO and has a nervous breakdown and takes some time off....maybe even retires.

then roddick might win another slam

Seany
05-19-2009, 08:55 AM
He will win the FO this year, why? Because he wont play nadal in the final.

Djokovic will play the match of his life, knock rafa out in the semi's and fed will defeat djoker in the final.

Not the way people wanted it to happen, but at least he will have a FO to his name.

mzzmuaa
05-19-2009, 08:59 AM
Nadal will have no answer to Federer's sodomizing of his backhand.

AprilFool
05-19-2009, 11:03 AM
Nadal will have no answer to Federer's sodomizing of his backhand.
/\

That's what I'm thinking...

AprilFool
05-19-2009, 11:04 AM
this is a 5 star thread?
not any more xd

And this matters ...how?:roll:

Dutch-Guy
05-19-2009, 11:07 AM
Some of blokes 'll have a rude awakening.I'll bump this thread on june 6th.

Danstevens
05-19-2009, 11:30 AM

You would say that :???:

Anyway, I would say Federer has chances at Roland Garros. I'm not saying he'll win but there is a chance he could do. I don't believe that one can say Federer will win the French just on the basis of him winning in Madrid. I'd like to see it happen and also to see what meltdown it caused amongst all the trolling Nadal fans (not to say that there aren't Fed fans that troll as well).

We'll soon see what happens at RG - hopefully we'll have an epic Fed/Nadal final and I'd like to see Federer win but really, as long as the tennis is good, I can honestly say I don't mind who wins.

Rickson
05-19-2009, 01:17 PM
Be a man and stick to your pick. How many posters were laughing when I said Federer was guaranteed to win his next match with Nadal due to Nadal being cursed, but who's laughing now? No revisions allowed, buddy.

Leublu tennis
05-19-2009, 01:20 PM
I predict he will not even see the final at FO, and no slams for him this year... Then things get tougher as his ranking falls...No final if he meets Djokovic first. That should be an even better match than the one with Nadal.

AprilFool
05-19-2009, 04:43 PM
Be a man and stick to your pick. How many posters were laughing when I said Federer was guaranteed to win his next match with Nadal due to Nadal being cursed, but who's laughing now? No revisions allowed, buddy.

I was one of the believers. :) But regarding my prediction, it wouldn't be right to change a revision either. My first prediction was more realistic so I'll stick with the riskier prediction which is based on intuition more than logic. Logic tells me that Nadal will win despite Madrid.

AprilFool
05-19-2009, 04:46 PM
No final if he meets Djokovic first. That should be an even better match than the one with Nadal.

If it were a best of three I'd agree with you. Djokovic is playing lights out lately but Fed always ups his game at any given slam. If he does play Novak that could turn out to be an epic, whoever wins.

AprilFool
06-07-2009, 03:25 PM
Some of blokes 'll have a rude awakening.I'll bump this thread on june 6th.

You don't mind if I bump it first, do you? :)

Rickson
06-07-2009, 07:57 PM
Good stuff, fool. You and I were both correct about Federer although my prediction was a bit more miraculous. Remember, you did make a revision, but I'm proud of you anyway.

AprilFool
06-07-2009, 10:42 PM
Good stuff, fool. You and I were both correct about Federer although my prediction was a bit more miraculous. Remember, you did make a revision, but I'm proud of you anyway.

Fair enough, sir. And thank you. Your "curse predictions" are top-shelf. :)
In after thought, unless Federer wins Wimbledon my prediction will have only been partially right.

Rickson
06-08-2009, 03:47 AM
That was one we both predicted so yes, Federer will win Wimbledon.

AprilFool
07-06-2009, 09:36 PM
Do I get a prize...

FedFan_2009
07-06-2009, 09:38 PM
Not exactly going out on a limb picking Roger to win the Channel Slam after Rafa goes out in R16. Talk about easy pickings for Roger...

AprilFool
07-06-2009, 09:44 PM
Not exactly going out on a limb picking Roger to win the Channel Slam after Rafa goes out in R16. Talk about easy pickings for Roger...

ummm..I predicted this before Roland Garros. It was after Madrid. I was fully expecting Fed to beat Nadal if they met in the final. I think Nadal did, too.

royer
07-06-2009, 09:47 PM
Do I get a prize...

No, but you "deserve" one!

Very self-congratulatory and arrogant of you to revive your own post. I'll bet you're your biggest fan.

AprilFool
07-06-2009, 09:49 PM
No, but you "deserve" one!

Very self-congratulatory and arrogant of you to revive your own post. I'll bet you're your biggest fan.

It would have been a pity if I'd been wrong. But I predicted beautifully.

Rickson
07-07-2009, 03:20 AM
How about 16 at Flushing Meadows? I'm going with it and I think you should too, fool.

AprilFool
07-08-2009, 09:13 AM
How about 16 at Flushing Meadows? I'm going with it and I think you should too, fool.

I'm good with that, 'son. :)

AprilFool
07-08-2009, 09:17 AM
He will win the FO this year, why? Because he wont play nadal in the final.

Djokovic will play the match of his life, knock rafa out in the semi's and fed will defeat djoker in the final.

Not the way people wanted it to happen, but at least he will have a FO to his name.

This was very close to what actually happened, only the round and opponent were different. Nice call.

Rippy
07-08-2009, 09:43 AM
I predict he will not even see the final at FO, and no slams for him this year... Then things get tougher as his ranking falls...

http://kevinrobinson.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/epic_fail.jpg