PDA

View Full Version : Prince O3 Tour vs. Head Flexpoint (paintjob?)

TommyGun
03-16-2005, 07:09 PM
Agassi is playing Coria on ESPN right now. Which racquet wins?

fedex27
03-16-2005, 07:26 PM
im not sure what your saying but coria does use one of those new princes but aggassi is a pj of who knows what

schaefferm46
03-16-2005, 09:30 PM
Down at indian wells at the tenniswarehouse tent prince was letting people hit with the 03 tour final specs it was something like 100 sq in and 11.5 ounces thats all i remember

DoubleHanded&LovinIt
03-16-2005, 09:35 PM
thomas martinez, if you could chime in, have you hit with the 03 Tour yet? I read somewhere that you thought the racquets would not do well and that they were hard to string.

Fee
03-17-2005, 12:11 AM
I hit with an O3 Red last Friday at IW. The power difference between that and my TT Warrior was incredible, my shots were flying all over the place. I have a hard time figuring out if I could adjust to it because the grip was too big and I could definitely tell the difference (and so could my arm the next day). I'm just a 3.0 once a week player who doesn't have a Western grip, so I'll probably stick with my Warrior.

Coria's racquets were leaning up against the fence right in front of me while he hit with Tommy later that day. Definitely using the new model (orange trim) and Jordan Kerr (Doubles player) is too.

Nadal_Rulz
03-17-2005, 03:26 PM
i wouldnt be surprised one bit if the 03 tour flunks. it just doesnt seem reasonable for a tour players racquets. the flexpoints on the other hand will be great imo not just playing but selling too!

Morpheus
03-17-2005, 04:44 PM
Our Prince rep was in and I gave the tour a few hits. It is really easy to spin with lots of pop. I'm not sure where its all coming from, though, since its really thin beamed and headlight. This thing is really easy to swing.

This is a pretty interesting racket. I'm hoping to get some real time with it next time it comes to my club.

DoubleHanded&LovinIt
03-17-2005, 05:53 PM
I definitely want to try out both.

gregraven
03-17-2005, 06:11 PM
i wouldnt be surprised one bit if the 03 tour flunks. it just doesnt seem reasonable for a tour players racquets. the flexpoints on the other hand will be great imo not just playing but selling too!

You may be correct in the long run, but there are a LOT more O3 Tours in the stringing room at the Pacific Life Open than there are Flexpoint anythings.

Nadal_Rulz
03-17-2005, 06:13 PM
this may be true,but fromm a retail standpoint i dont think it will appeal to most people.

also,from a pro standpoint, prince is really flagshipping this racquet while head has more people with prestige pjs rather than radical ones meaning that there wold be few flexpoints. i dont understand why head releases the radical versions of new racquets first considering more pros use prestiges i think, i could be wrong.

kv581
03-17-2005, 07:41 PM
Probably because Radicals sell better than Prestiges.

monologuist
03-18-2005, 01:22 AM
I got a chance to see the new Flexpoints....A Head rep happened to be at my local pro shop....I pressed him on the Agassi paintjob things...and he was adamant that for the first time, he actually isn't playing a paintjob and that if you look cloesly at photos, you can see that there is really a flexpoint hole in the frame he's playing now....I haven't seen the pics...but this guy claimed to be shooting straight. Anyway, the MP and OS seemed identical to the LM versions, but the Tour version looked promising...had a nice heft to it...about 12 oz. strung..., 100 sq in. with open 16x19 pattern, a healthy swingweight...if I had to guess I'd say around 325-330....very nice paintjob...supposedly similar flex level as the lighter radicals (63 ish)....

halfvolley777
03-18-2005, 01:41 AM
The flex of the radical tour was measured at 57..saw it for myself..and the tour hits well, serves well, volleys well, and doesn't seem to need any tape...even though I added .3 ounces at 3 and 9 o'clock. My new racquet for a long time!

Nadal_Rulz
03-18-2005, 03:55 AM
u get it from indian wells?

Morpheus
03-18-2005, 04:29 AM
Flexpoint seems ideal for those who like a sweetspot low on the racket face. If you hit high on the stringbed, the flexpoint will create inconsistency because it will hinge out.

kvilia
03-18-2005, 10:04 AM
I hit with O3 tour. Unbelievable volleys, controlled but light groundstrokes, could not generate powerfull serve. Too head light? Maybe. Otherwise great racquet. POG still better IMHO.

christo
03-18-2005, 10:45 AM
If Agassi is playing with a real Flexpoint I will eat YOUR shorts!

Prestigious
03-18-2005, 01:14 PM
Flexpoint seems ideal for those who like a sweetspot low on the racket face. If you hit high on the stringbed, the flexpoint will create inconsistency because it will hinge out.

I wondered about this. Has anyone experienced the hinge out effect? Hitting volleys would be a good test. Also--if the racquet actually flexes at 3- and 9-o-clock won't it tend to wear out and crack at the flexpoint? I realize all racquets eventually fail in some way--well maybe except for my old T2000. The specs on the Tour look appealing. I hope it plays as well as it looks.

foetz
03-18-2005, 07:32 PM
i would absolutely go for the o3. i even think the red could be a pure drive killer.
physical the o3 system is the best innovation for a long time.

flex point doesn't cover the whole stringbed e.g. and is stolen from dunlop.

pchoi04
03-19-2005, 02:44 PM
Yeah... you can tell that agassi is using a paintjob because his flexpoint doesnt have LM ridges but ferrero's does.

cippolo
03-20-2005, 06:17 AM
i think o3 is a better invention than flexpoint.

head of raquet reches very high speeds always while playing, that's why raquet's shape is so important: aerodynamics matters! i haven't measured it, but i guess prince o3 has a very low air resistant during shots, due to the large holes of course, like no other existing stick! and high head speed means tons of spin, control in rapid shots (volleys), etc etc.. great invention!

flexpoint isn't an equal good finding to me cos it presumes you always hit the ball in the center of the raquet. it has to be explaind how a flexpoint raquet behave if you hit elsewhere than the exact center of the head. i presume not so well: for example, it's logical to suppose that the flexing point causes the head of the stick to bend in the opposite way than the one described in the promo, if the ball is hit near the very head of the raquet, and, consequently, with the opposite result too!

gregraven
03-22-2005, 01:39 PM
USRSA members will be able to look up the specs at RacquetTECH.com for each of the five new Flexpoint racquets, starting tomorrow.