PDA

View Full Version : Tennis near Bradenton, FL

ballistic
05-19-2009, 06:13 AM
I will be traveling near Bradenton the first week in June. I am looking possibly to find a place where I could find a place to get some drills/instruction in. I am a 4.5 male player. I looked at Bolleteri's but they are way too expensive and I can't committ to multiple half/full day sessions. If any of you are from that area and want to hit let me know if you are interested. Thanks

GS
05-23-2009, 09:40 AM
Since no one else has replied, here's my two cents:
Tampa Bay area tennis isn't that cheap---first you've got over-priced Bollettieri's, then the ritzy Saddlebook resort north of Tampa, then south of Bradenton Beach, the not-so-cheap Colony Beach and Tennis resort, plus the nearby ritzy Longboat Key resort. (Check out their June prices, though.)
When I visited there a few years ago, I hit with a friend at Payne Park in Sarasota for a week---a public park with 9 claycourts---around $12/hr. I'm definitely going back there next winter.

ballistic
05-27-2009, 06:36 AM
Thanks for the info GS. I still haven't decided what I am going to do for the tennis as I need to play since the State tourny is around the corner and I can't afford to take off a whole week.

ollinger
05-27-2009, 09:27 AM
I've been to the Colony just before the start of summer and things certainly slow down there, with pros with some time to fill. You might want to try them to see if they'd accomodate you.