PDA

View Full Version : Year End Top 8 according to ATP

tacou
05-19-2009, 09:17 AM
So everyone knows Nadal has qualified for the year end masters and so ATP is starting to hype the event already.

On the home page they have on the advert Nadal (front and center of course) with Novak, Roger, the Andy's, Verdasco, Tsonga and Del Potro.

Does everyone agree with this top 8? Who else could crash the party?

I find it interesting since Tsonga isn't in the top 8 currently. I think he'll make it, and as long as Verdasco and Del Potro don't cool down too much this looks pretty accurate to me.

Thoughts?

manny pacquiao P4P king
05-19-2009, 09:26 AM
roddick's been consistent so far so he should make it

Joseph L. Barrow
05-19-2009, 09:36 AM
So everyone knows Nadal has qualified for the year end masters and so ATP is starting to hype the event already.

On the home page they have on the advert Nadal (front and center of course) with Novak, Roger, the Andy's, Verdasco, Tsonga and Del Potro.

I find it interesting since Tsonga isn't in the top 8 currently. I think he'll make it, and as long as Verdasco and Del Potro don't cool down too much this looks pretty accurate to me.

Thoughts?
Well, that group contains everyone who made Masters Cup last year except for Davydenko, who has been switched with Verdasco, likely as a result of Davydenko's loss of momentum and rankings drop (it's unlikely he'll qualify for Masters Cup this year after missing the Australian Open and multiple Masters Series touranaments, as well as consequently not achieving top form when he has been playing) contrasted with Verdasco's rapid rise and popularity (his face does more to promote the event at this stage). Tsonga is a popular player who at least looks like a plausible candidate for Masters Cup this year and was in it last year. Simon, the current #7, has been seriously struggling so far this season (18-13), while Tsonga has been considerably more consistent at 26-7.

In fact, I haven't checked on what the Race standings would be in a while, but it does look likely to me that the eight guys pictured on this promo are the current leaders for inclusion in the year-end championships. I think the top six are virtual shoe-ins for inclusion (Nadal is already in, even), and Verdasco and Tsonga are probably the next two leading contenders.

shadows
05-19-2009, 12:46 PM
In fact, I haven't checked on what the Race standings would be in a while, but it does look likely to me that the eight guys pictured on this promo are the current leaders for inclusion in the year-end championships. .

You are quite correct

post-Rome the standings were

Rafa
Murray
Nole
Roger
Roddick
Nando
DelPo
Tsonga

I've lost the link so i have no idea what they are now, rog is up, possibly as far as 2nd, and DelPo might have jumped Nando

manny pacquiao P4P king
05-19-2009, 01:41 PM

Thoughts?

maybe its fixed.......................it wouldn't surprise me

Leublu tennis
05-19-2009, 02:49 PM
There is another thread on this. Mods should probably combine them.