PDA

View Full Version : To Fed and Nadal fans

tennis_hand
05-20-2009, 06:04 AM
Nadal fans, please appreciate when Fed is still around playing good tennis. You'll miss him when he retires one day. No other player plays like him.

Fed fans, please appreciate when Nadal is still around playing good tennis. You'll miss him when he retires one day. No other player plays like him either, although he is a grinder. His grinding is also different from the rest.

Just imagine the current field without Fed and Nadal: Djokovic, Murray, Roddick, Del Pedro, Simon, Verdasco, Tsonga. With the possible exception of Tsonga, it would be very boring tennis.

The-Champ
05-20-2009, 06:13 AM
Many of us Nadal fans actually appreciate Federer's game and recognize his genius on court.

pennc94
05-20-2009, 06:18 AM
Just imagine the current field without Fed and Nadal: Djokovic, Murray, Roddick, Del Pedro, Simon, Verdasco, Tsonga. With the possible exception of Tsonga, it would be very boring tennis.

I think you are being a bit harsh there. You need to give Djokovic some props. He has a major, did win last year's TMC (albeit w/o Nadal or Fed to contend with), and has come on strong this clay court season. Things are looking up for him. He is not boring. What about Monfils? Inconsistent - yes - but have you seen him play in person? He is the most entertaining I have seen on a court.

drakulie
05-20-2009, 06:19 AM
I simply just can't stand posters who absolutely hate on Nadal every chance they get:

Nadal_Freak
Veroniquem

It's absolutely scary how much they hate the guy, and make the boards so much less enjoyable.

vtmike
05-20-2009, 06:19 AM
I simply just can't stand posters who absolutely hate on Nadal every chance they get:

Nadal_Freak
Veroniquem

It's absolutely scary how much they hate the guy, and make the boards so much less enjoyable.

When it comes to hating Fed, how can you forget gj011?? :shock:

thejoe
05-20-2009, 06:22 AM
Many of us Nadal fans actually appreciate Federer's game and recognize his genius on court.

Yes, but you are a Nadal fan, not a Fed hater.

I remember N_F posting something like:

"I'm a Nadal fan, but I'm a Fedhater more"

vtmike
05-20-2009, 06:35 AM
Yes, but you are a Nadal fan, not a Fed hater.

I remember N_F posting something like:

"I'm a Nadal fan, but I'm a Fedhater more"

You mean this...

Nadal winning is an everyday thing but Fed losing is always exciting.

Haztrick
05-20-2009, 06:36 AM
As a huge Federer and Nadal fan I have to say I was pretty shocked and disgusted at some of the comments I've read. Whether coming from Fed fans or Rafa fans.

All I can say is, people need to show some respect. Federer is one of the greatest players of all time in my honest opinion. He is a very nice, humble guy and one of the most professional on court players. He is a fantastic sportsmen and everyone should have the utmost respect for him.

Nadal is the next generation of tennis superstar. He is a great player and no doubt will go down as one of, if not the best player of all time.. One day..

Federer might not be as dominate as before but when has a player ever remained so dominate from the peak of his career to the end of it? I can't remember that's for sure. Federer still has what it takes, he has proven his doubters wrong on many occasions.

My great grandmother played at Wimbledon. My family has a long history of tennis, it runs in my blood. I have learnt that tennis is a very disciplined sport and it is a privilege to be involved in it. I have been raised to have respect for such awesome players like Fed and Rafa. So all I can say, from an amateur player and an avid tennis fan is simply have respect and stop the whole feud that the fans have going. It's ridiculous and petty.

Sit back, watch and enjoy two great players, two great guys and two good friends go head to head again over the coming months in the French Open and at Wimbledon. I have a feeling we are going to be in for a treat :)

dadozen
05-20-2009, 06:43 AM
This discussion all around the world between Nadal fans vs. Fed fans is just crap. We're living on an era where two of the best tennis players of the whole history are entertaining us with GREAT, SUBERB matches and people keep arguing, cursing, just because other person likes one or another better.

That's just BS. I might call myself a Federer fan, because I like his style of playing, but I can't deny Nadal is some sort of alien genius, given what he does with the ball.

Exception made for the Djoker, tennis would be so boring without those two. Just imagine Murray being the #1? Heck, I would stop watching tennis, maybe even playing tennis:D Sorry for the Murray fans. I just can't stand him playing.

sh@de
05-20-2009, 06:44 AM
As a huge Federer and Nadal fan I have to say I was pretty shocked and disgusted at some of the comments I've read. Whether coming from Fed fans or Rafa fans.

All I can say is, people need to show some respect. Federer is one of the greatest players of all time in my honest opinion. He is a very nice, humble guy and one of the most professional on court players. He is a fantastic sportsmen and everyone should have the utmost respect for him.

Nadal is the next generation of tennis superstar. He is a great player and no doubt will go down as one of, if not the best player of all time.. One day..

Federer might not be as dominate as before but when has a player ever remained so dominate from the peak of his career to the end of it? I can't remember that's for sure. Federer still has what it takes, he has proven his doubters wrong on many occasions.

My great grandmother played at Wimbledon. My family has a long history of tennis, it runs in my blood. I have learnt that tennis is a very disciplined sport and it is a privilege to be involved in it. I have been raised to have respect for such awesome players like Fed and Rafa. So all I can say, from an amateur player and an avid tennis fan is simply have respect and stop the whole feud that the fans have going. It's ridiculous and petty.

Sit back, watch and enjoy two great players, two great guys and two good friends go head to head again over the coming months in the French Open and at Wimbledon. I have a feeling we are going to be in for a treat :)

Post of the day? Could very well be. I agree 100% with you, as a Fed fan and as a tennis fan.

dadozen
05-20-2009, 06:47 AM
On a side note, just remember that both of them have chances of completing the Grand Slam this year. Federer wins RG, Nadal wins USOpen. Then, we'll be sure to be living on the most historical era of modern tennis.

pennc94
05-20-2009, 07:19 AM
On a side note, just remember that both of them have chances of completing the career Grand Slam this year. Federer wins RG, Nadal wins USOpen. Then, we'll be sure to be living on the most historical era of modern tennis.

Corrected for you in bold.

Only Nadal has a chance at the grand slam since he won the AO.

Career slams are historical as I think only 6 men have done this, but it does not make this year the "most historical".

gj011
05-20-2009, 07:23 AM
When it comes to hating Fed, how can you forget gj011?? :shock:

Trolling again? You must have nightmares.

gj011
05-20-2009, 07:28 AM
Nadal fans, please appreciate when Fed is still around playing good tennis. You'll miss him when he retires one day. No other player plays like him.

Fed fans, please appreciate when Nadal is still around playing good tennis. You'll miss him when he retires one day. No other player plays like him either, although he is a grinder. His grinding is also different from the rest.

This is disrespectable to other current players. Especially Djokovic.

With current generation of young players getting closer to their peak and playing quality, exciting, competitive tennis, I would for sure not miss Federer and his arrogance, together with the most of his boring generation (Roddick, Hewitt, ...)

dadozen
05-20-2009, 07:29 AM
Corrected for you in bold.

Only Nadal has a chance at the grand slam since he won the AO.

Career slams are historical as I think only 6 men have done this, but it does not make this year the "most historical".

Thanks.

But if two men completing the carrer Grand Slam on the same year, one of them reaching the Top Grand Slam Winner wouldn't make this year the most historical in the modern tennis, I don't know what would. Of course, unless one player completes a Grand Slam.

nikdom
05-20-2009, 07:32 AM
Nadal is terrific - best wheels in the business! Fed is fantabulous - best game in the business!

plain jane
05-20-2009, 07:35 AM
I agree. I am a huge Nadal fan but i dont hate Federer. How can I? The guy is just brilliant on the court. They are both brilliant players but for some reason on this board it is a crime to like one without hating the other. All I can say is that I am just enjoying the matches that these guys play for us and am greatful that i get to watch it.

AprilFool
05-20-2009, 07:43 AM

You won't get far in keeping the peace by subtly implying that Nadal is possibly GOAT while Fed is one of the greats.

sheq
05-20-2009, 07:51 AM
This is disrespectable to other current players. Especially Djokovic.

With current generation of young players getting closer to their peak and playing quality, exciting, competitive tennis, I would for sure not miss Federer and his arrogance, together with the most of his boring generation (Roddick, Hewitt, ...)

yea you have this right..you dont have to like roger or admire him and actually you dont have to respect him because who cares ? if you were an important individual and well known person among the tennis surroundings you would have to !! However, if you say that roger is not one of the best of history or at least give him what he deserves then it means you dont have any knowledge about tennis that's it.. you would be illiterate for us..

gj011
05-20-2009, 07:57 AM
yea you have this right..you dont have to like roger or admire him and actually you dont have to respect him because who cares ? if you were an important individual and well known person among the tennis surroundings you would have to !! However, if you say that roger is not one of the best of history or at least give him what he deserves then it means you dont have any knowledge about tennis that's it.. you would be illiterate for us..

I always say Federer is #4 on my open era GOAT list, so yes he is one of greatest players in history, but you completely missed the point with your comment.

Cyan
05-20-2009, 08:21 AM

Disagree. Nole is not boring at all. He is very exciting to watch actually. Tsonga is cool too.

manny pacquiao P4P king
05-20-2009, 08:59 AM
I always say Federer is #4 on my open era GOAT list, so yes he is one of greatest players in history, but you completely missed the point with your comment.

whos ahead of him

vtmike
05-20-2009, 09:29 AM
Trolling again? You must have nightmares.

Yeah I do...about a "fresh green troll army" attacking me! :lol:

CCNM
05-20-2009, 10:26 AM

Applause, applause!!!! AMEN brother/sister!!!!:)

gj011
05-20-2009, 10:35 AM
Yeah I do...about a "fresh green troll army" attacking me! :lol:

No, about your green troll army getting squashed by Novak's gigantic blue suede shoe.

vtmike
05-20-2009, 10:40 AM
No, about your green troll army getting squashed by Novak's gigantic blue suede shoe.

I don't dream about tennis players...Sheeesh it took you so long to come back with that!

gj011
05-20-2009, 10:42 AM
I don't dream about tennis players...

Except Federer, yes I know.

I was talking about shoes, not a player.

vtmike
05-20-2009, 10:53 AM
Except Federer, yes I know.

I was talking about shoes, not a player.

What part of I do not dream about tennis players did you not understand? Maybe you dream about Federer from the way you keep obsessing about him in every post...

mandy01
05-20-2009, 10:58 AM
press the ignore button mike :lol: