PDA

View Full Version : If fed wins RG does that mean they've sped up RG aswell lol

tennis-hero
05-20-2009, 11:17 AM
question- can Fed really beat Rafa (who isn't "tired") on slow clay

aphex
05-20-2009, 11:37 AM
Nadal is ALWAYS tired

if fed wins, it will be because roland garros plays like orange carpet nowadays...

West Coast Ace
05-20-2009, 12:14 PM
No. It will mean they put Paris on stilts and it's at 2000 ft above sea level!

I respect the &^$%*^% out of Rafa - but lost a little of that respect due to his diva comments - must be dating Serena! A true champion would have adapted to any changes. It was still clay and the altitude is the same - he could have flattened out to take advantage of it like Fed did. Fed was the better player last Sunday. No one held a gun to his head to play Barcelona - he's got a huge points lead - could have apologized to the fans and told them he had to make a tough choice.

TennisandMusic
05-20-2009, 12:17 PM
No. It will mean they put Paris on stilts and it's at 2000 ft above sea level!

I respect the &^$%*^% out of Rafa - but lost a little of that respect due to his diva comments - must be dating Serena! A true champion would have adapted to any changes. It was still clay and the altitude is the same - he could have flattened out to take advantage of it like Fed did. Fed was the better player last Sunday. No one held a gun to his head to play Barcelona - he's got a huge points lead - could have apologized to the fans and told them he had to make a tough choice.

Well the ATP requires a certain number of 500 tournaments so he has to play SOMETHING right?

Also, do you lose respect when Federer gives actual excuses why he lost, such as "I lost Wimbledon because it was too dark"? Or saying usually the better player doesn't always win at the AO? How horrible of a comment is that? So if Nadal says he was a little tired cuz he just played a 4 hour match it's a diva comment? Get real.

cknobman
05-20-2009, 12:55 PM
If Fed wins FO it will mean:

Nadal was tired and/or injured
Fed had an easy draw
The clay courts were too fast and firm
There is no depth in mens tennis.\

T1000
05-20-2009, 12:55 PM
last option

mandy01
05-20-2009, 01:05 PM
Also, do you lose respect when Federer gives actual excuses why he lost, such as "I lost Wimbledon because it was too dark"? Or saying usually the better player doesn't always win at the AO? How horrible of a comment is that? So if Nadal says he was a little tired cuz he just played a 4 hour match it's a diva comment? Get real. Roger isnt the only one to speak about light at Wimby..Even Nadal said he'd have stopped playing had he lost his serve at 8-7.Also,Roger at first did not say this statement.The question was asked to him twice( rephrased the second time) unlike Nadal who was asked once.He even said that Nadal should've probably won in four sets.So its not really an excuse.It does sound like one but he was just disappointed that the match had to end in the darkness .
And if you saw the final set of AO and saw those 7 unforced errors in a row you'd know what Roger's talking about after being 30-0 .Even Nadal said Roger had too many mistakes in fifth set or something along those lines.For the first four sets Federer even without the serve had moments where it looked like he was going to win.

That said -Nadal is no diva.He will have his reasons.His fans however are going overboard.

West Coast Ace
05-20-2009, 01:18 PM
Well the ATP requires a certain number of 500 tournaments so he has to play SOMETHING right?
But not back to back to back. That was poor planning. He could play a 500 in late Sept or Oct - oops, they're not clay! My bad.

Also, do you lose respect when Federer gives actual excuses why he lost, such as "I lost Wimbledon because it was too dark"? Or saying usually the better player doesn't always win at the AO? How horrible of a comment is that? So if Nadal says he was a little tired cuz he just played a 4 hour match it's a diva comment? Get real.I'm sticking with the diva comment. And I have no problem saying Fed's a bit of a diva too. He certainly gets a little pouty after some losses. The difference though a) the play at Wimby should have been stopped - it was too dark - but TV $$$$ commands a finish - so be it; b) Rafa threw out the altitude whine on Thurs - he was laying the groundwork for an excuse before the loss - he also mentioned the poor condition of the courts - last time I looked, he and his opponents had the same chance to get a bad bounce.

tennis-hero
05-20-2009, 05:26 PM
interesting point about Nalbandian apart from the fact that he owns Rafa is that based on peak play he could have won any HC/clay slam... i dont think he was ready to win on grass, however- anything is possible on this new green clay like grass

anointedone
05-20-2009, 05:34 PM
Dont you get bored starting troll threads.

tennis-hero
05-20-2009, 05:36 PM
Dont you get bored starting troll threads.

I haven't created a single troll thread

and whats sad is *IF* Federer wins, you and V, and NAdal Freak, and gj and all the other haters will be going on and on about how fast RG was playing, how tired Rafa was, and how lucky Fed got

kraggy
05-20-2009, 09:42 PM
Another 5 star thread, man you're on fire! (Takes mental picture of thread to preserve in memory for eternity)

ronalditop
05-20-2009, 09:55 PM
Another 5 star thread, man you're on fire! (Takes mental picture of thread to preserve in memory for eternity)

+1 :-D .

Nadal_Freak
05-20-2009, 10:04 PM
Fed won't win RG. So the poll is worthless.

theduh
05-20-2009, 10:07 PM
question- can Fed really beat Rafa (who isn't "tired") on slow clay

He did that already in Hamburg 2007.

sh@de
05-20-2009, 10:42 PM
Answer to OP's question, duh. Well, there'll be a combo of things e.g. Nadal was tired... Djoker took Nadal to 5 sets... Nadal's knee was injured etc.