PDA

View Full Version : Sampras Picks Fed for Wimby

marc45
05-21-2009, 02:12 PM
every time he's asked about any tourney, or any slam to be specific, he always picks fed and compliments him endlessly www.tennisweek.com and yet some folks think he sits at home trying to curse roger, funny.....i guess they didn't ask him about the french

Nadal_Freak
05-21-2009, 02:14 PM
Sampras is the ultimate *******.

bruce38
05-21-2009, 02:14 PM
What he says in public has nothing to do with what he may actually feel. Public statements are meaningless in general.

marc45
05-21-2009, 02:17 PM
What he says in public has nothing to do with what he may actually feel. Public statements are meaningless in general.

nice, you sound like a guy with major trust issues, or a conspiracy theorist

Cenc
05-21-2009, 02:17 PM
or its just that sampras cannot care less about feds results? as he said many times theres nothing he should prove to anybody, he did as much as he did and his position in tennis history is obvious
so... why would he try to curse anybody?

volleynets
05-21-2009, 02:18 PM

You're the ultimate *********. So what?

bruce38
05-21-2009, 02:19 PM
nice, you sound like a guy with major trust issues, or a conspiracy theorist

Not at all. I'm simply not stupid. :)

Nadal_Freak
05-21-2009, 02:21 PM
You're the ultimate *********. So what?
One player is good. The other is evil. That's the difference. :lol:

marc45
05-21-2009, 02:23 PM
i think he openly roots for him, that's obvious to anyone paying attention to these interviews where he's asked about fed....the compliments are not only endless, but mostly identical, and always state directly that he's a fan...seems like he has more trouble relating to nadal's style of play but he's had some real nice things to say about him as late as well....the best statement i've read was where he said he doesn't believe in rooting against anyone which means he wouldn't fit in well here, not that he cares about that at all

volleynets
05-21-2009, 02:24 PM

N_F that is not true. :confused: There is no such thing as an Evil tennis player in the ATP. The only player that would come close would be the way Gonzo cheated Blake in the Olympics when the ball touched his frame and he did not admit it.

joeri888
05-21-2009, 02:25 PM
everyone who ever said something positive about Federer is a *******

In that case Sampras indeed is a *******. He's just got a good relationship with him and I think he has been where Fed is and tries to counter the harsh criticism Federer seems to get these days. He is however by no means a *******.

Not every fan of Federer is ******** anyway.

marc45
05-21-2009, 02:26 PM
Not at all. I'm simply not stupid. :)
that's up for debate i'm sure...you just look on the dark side of humanity and choose not to accept what have been consistent statements from pete for years...your choice, but a sad way to live as far as i'm concerned, and makes you a lesser man than him

smart_player
05-21-2009, 02:28 PM

thats the funniest thing ive heard all day:grin:

kafelnikov
05-21-2009, 02:34 PM
Question is; Who does Borg support?

marc45
05-21-2009, 02:37 PM
yeah, bjorn's gone a liitle silent (that mouthy swede)...pete was promoting exo with andre in macao in oct. which i posted in former pro player

GameSampras
05-21-2009, 02:38 PM
Why not pick Fed for Wimby? Pete is just stating his opinion. Whats the big deal? Last year he picked Fed for the USO after Fed got beat by Nadal at Wimby and look what happened

vtmike
05-21-2009, 02:47 PM

So you don't believe everything Nadal says either? Are you saying that he is not humble in reality?

GameSampras
05-21-2009, 02:49 PM
So you don't believe everything Nadal says either? Are you saying that he is not humble in reality?

Well u never know what goes on behind closed doors and the crap that is said. All we get in public could very well be just a smoke and mirrors in terms of the comments we read and listen to. Hell Ive heard stories of Agassi being a total *** and snubbing fans for autographs etc. Yet he was loved and adored by millions and seemed like the nicest and most respectful guy in tennis during post match interviews etc after he got over his headcase Brooke Sheild years

Lotto
05-21-2009, 02:53 PM

I would be to.....seen as his records are gonna be unbeatable to tell the truth. The only thing he cant claim greatness is on the dirt. Every other surface he's probably the best to walk the planet tbh.
He can even take a prime Nadal to 5 sets in a grand slam final and beat a prime, although tired Nadal on clay, even though he's not at his best anymore. He also cakewalks the grand slams other then Rafa. A tribute to how good he really is.

GameSampras
05-21-2009, 02:54 PM
I would be to.....seen as his records are gonna be unbeatable to tell the truth. The only thing he cant claim greatness is on the dirt. Every other surface he's probably the best to walk the planet tbh.
He can even take a prime Nadal to 5 sets in a grand slam final and beat a prime, although tired Nadal on clay, even though he's not at his best anymore. He also cakewalks the grand slams other then Rafa. A tribute to how good he really is.

Oh For christ sakes. LOL. Fed the best ever on grass? I dont think so. Pete and Laver were better. Hardcourts? Arguable. Hes right there with Pete for GOAT contention on Hardcourts but its still arguable for either player and maybe even Agassi if you throw in what Andre did at the Australian. Roger isnt Far and away the BEST on ANY SURFACE.. Clay? Not even top 10-15 all time.

P_Agony
05-21-2009, 02:57 PM

Why would you call Nadal evil?

Lotto
05-21-2009, 02:58 PM
Oh For christ sakes. LOL. Fed the best ever on grass? I dont think so. Pete and Laver were better. Hardcourts? Arguable. Hes right there with Pete for GOAT contention on Hardcourts but its still arguable for either player and maybe even Agassi if you throw in what Andre did at the Australian. Roger isnt Far and away the BEST on ANY SURFACE.. Clay? Not even top 10-15 all time.

Well, hardcourts nobody really can argue......5 straight US Opens?? 3 Aussies...and a 56 match winning streak?? No, he's not by far the best on any surface but on hardcourts theres no doubt he is the best.

P_Agony
05-21-2009, 03:07 PM

Federer is a better hard court player than Sampras (I hate using the terms "best" or "GOAT"). Sure, his last results on HCs were less than stunning, but when Fed's game was on, the only guy who could beat him in an HC slam was Safin in 2005 (and it took him 5 long sets in what is IMO one of the best matches ever).

Today Federer has declined, so naturally his game suffers on all surfaces. But 3 AOs and 5 USOs tell the story about what was back then.

bruce38
05-21-2009, 03:10 PM
that's up for debate i'm sure...you just look on the dark side of humanity and choose not to accept what have been consistent statements from pete for years...your choice, but a sad way to live as far as i'm concerned, and makes you a lesser man than him

Uhhh no it's not really up for debate. Trust me I'm smarter than most. It's not about whether this side of humanity is dark or light or good or bad. Those are irrelevant categorizations. It's simply about patterns versus true feelings. It's not hard to make consistent statements to the public - the default is simply to gush over whomever you are asked about. Do you think Borg wanted his record broken? Of course he'll say in public it doesn't matter, but in private calls to other players, the truth is revealed. And I repeat, it's not about sad or happy, it's about truth, whatever it may be. Believing point blank, especially what is said in the media, is sadly very naive.

bruce38
05-21-2009, 03:13 PM

I believe nothing Nadal has to say. It's meaningless BS. Because there is no incisive analysis in anything he says. He simply panders. This is quite evident to anyone who can read between the lines. Fed on the other hand, well, he's just matter of fact, to the point and honest. It's so rare in public figures he should be highly commended for not conforming.

bolo
05-21-2009, 03:14 PM
Yes sampras has always been a big supporter of federer. He knows he gave everything he had with respect to tennis so if fed. breaks the record kudos to fed.

Looking forward to the exo. between agassi and sampras. Looks like the exo. will also include another match between ryan harrison and yuki bhambri. That should be interesting as well.

Cesc Fabregas
05-21-2009, 03:14 PM
Nothing wrong with what Pete says you can make very good arguments for either Fed or Nadal winning.

Nadal_Freak
05-21-2009, 03:29 PM
Why would you call Nadal evil?
Haven't you heard? I'm the biggest Nadal hater on this board. I had to put in Drakulie's logic into this. lol

veroniquem
05-21-2009, 03:45 PM
every time he's asked about any tourney, or any slam to be specific, he always picks fed and compliments him endlessly www.tennisweek.com and yet some folks think he sits at home trying to curse roger, funny.....i guess they didn't ask him about the french
Maybe he picks him to better jinx him!

icedevil0289
05-21-2009, 03:48 PM
oh great, now fed is screwed and definitely not winning the tournament.

veroniquem
05-21-2009, 03:49 PM
I believe nothing Nadal has to say. It's meaningless BS. Because there is no incisive analysis in anything he says. He simply panders. This is quite evident to anyone who can read between the lines. Fed on the other hand, well, he's just matter of fact, to the point and honest. It's so rare in public figures he should be highly commended for not conforming.

:roll::roll::roll:
10 chars

P_Agony
05-21-2009, 03:50 PM
Haven't you heard? I'm the biggest Nadal hater on this board. I had to put in Drakulie's logic into this. lol

There is really no reason to hate Nadal. He's a nice guy. You should really give him more credit...

P_Agony
05-21-2009, 03:53 PM
oh great, now fed is screwed and definitely not winning the tournament.

Well, he did pick him to win the US Open, so who knows? I just hope Federer wins this. While I do prefer him to win the USO rather than Wimbly, there is no other appropriate place to win his 14th major than at Wimbeldon.

icedevil0289
05-21-2009, 03:56 PM
Well, he did pick him to win the US Open, so who knows? I just hope Federer wins this. While I do prefer him to win the USO rather than Wimbly, there is no other appropriate place to win his 14th major than at Wimbeldon.

yes, tie it at wimbly and break it at USO. Well it would be nice if he tied it at the french and broke at wimbly, but that's the delusional *******ism in me thinking it might happen.

P_Agony
05-21-2009, 03:59 PM
yes, tie it at wimbly and break it at USO. Well it would be nice if he tied it at the french and broke at wimbly, but that's the delusional *******ism in me thinking it might happen.

Whatever happens, it's nice to know Sampras enjoys watching Fed playing and considers himself a fan of his. I always knew Sampras had good taste in tennis style :)

thejoe
05-21-2009, 04:03 PM
:roll::roll::roll:
10 chars

What's wrong with what he said? I agree entirely. Apart from the conditions in Madrid, when has Nadal ever said anything meaningful about anything? His interviews are utterly forgettable.

vtmike
05-21-2009, 04:36 PM

Excellent Post! I Agree!

vtmike
05-21-2009, 04:38 PM

You are delusional just like your idol! Federer fans grasping at straws now... :roll:

(Just kidding :D)

gj011
05-21-2009, 04:41 PM
Sampras is either ******* or is jinxing Federer on purpose. It worked for AO.

imalil2gangsta4u
05-21-2009, 04:43 PM
of course he did.

The-Champ
05-21-2009, 04:46 PM
Seriously though, Pete is probably wishing Rafa beats Roger again at wimbledon this year for obvious reasons.

He thinks Roger will win, but he WANTS Rafa to WIN instead.

Pwned
05-21-2009, 04:47 PM

Except Sampras likes Federer....:roll: Sampras is not some closet **** like the majority of posters here. Example would be the poster above me. He does not hope Federer will lose. Sampras can connect with Federers playing style. Something he can't do with Nadal.

GameSampras
05-21-2009, 04:50 PM
Except Sampras likes Federer....:roll: Sampras is not some closet **** like the majority of posters here. Example would be the poster above me. He does not hope Federer will lose. Sampras can connect with Federers playing style. Something he can't do with Nadal.

Pete is always giving tips for not only Fed but other players in how to take Nadal out.

gj011
05-21-2009, 04:53 PM
You are delusional just like your idol! Federer fans grasping at straws now... :roll:

Faithful (right?) stalker is trolling again with his silly childish behavior. :roll:

Fed fanboys are indeed grasping at a straw here, dreaming and debating if he would win 15th slam in Wimbledon or USO. LOL.

marc45
05-21-2009, 05:01 PM
Uhhh no it's not really up for debate. Trust me I'm smarter than most. It's not about whether this side of humanity is dark or light or good or bad. Those are irrelevant categorizations. It's simply about patterns versus true feelings. It's not hard to make consistent statements to the public - the default is simply to gush over whomever you are asked about. Do you think Borg wanted his record broken? Of course he'll say in public it doesn't matter, but in private calls to other players, the truth is revealed. And I repeat, it's not about sad or happy, it's about truth, whatever it may be. Believing point blank, especially what is said in the media, is sadly very naive. i don't trust you, you're a programmed robot without a soul...and anybody that has to say "i'm smarter than most" has blown his cover..... believing in nothing, or nothing but yourself is pathetic....you truly are a loser, the biggest slug on the planet could recognize that, but in your case that probably appears in the mirror...the debate just started and i've already won, too bad for you....(and please provide a transcript of borg's phone conversations, would love to see that)

GameSampras
05-21-2009, 05:01 PM
Can we list Pete's opponents during his USO career as opposed to Fed? LOL.

What was Fed's biggest conquest at the USO anyways? Brokeback Agassi at 34 who he needed 5 sets to beat. Or brokeback Agassi at 35 years old who had just played 3 straight 5 set matches? Or Murray who was playing in his first Slam Final?

Defcon
05-21-2009, 05:03 PM
Considering the fact that after Fed visited Pete at his home in LA and had the mystery conversation, his game started to decline, I'd be very afraid of anything Sampras has to say about Fed :D

Pwned
05-21-2009, 05:04 PM
Pete is always giving tips for not only Fed but other players in how to take Nadal out.

Just too bad he isn't around anymore to employ them.

marc45
Seriously though, Pete is probably wishing Rafa beats Roger again at wimbledon this year for obvious reasons.

He thinks Roger will win, but he WANTS Rafa to WIN instead.wow, a mind reader who believes sampras is a liar, such high-quality people we get here

gj011
Considering the fact that after Fed visited Pete at his home in LA and had the mystery conversation, his game started to decline, I'd be very afraid of anything Sampras has to say about Fed :D

He probably got Mono from him.

thejoe
05-21-2009, 05:05 PM
Who cares. He is a has been..

That phrase is usually meant for people who are still playing but over the hill, not those that are retired :lol:

marc45
05-21-2009, 05:07 PM
Maybe he picks him to better jinx him!
yes, he's an evil human being and has demonstrated that for years

gj011
05-21-2009, 05:07 PM
That phrase is usually meant for people who are still playing but over the hill, not those that are retired :lol:

So are you saying that Federer is a has been?

thejoe
05-21-2009, 05:08 PM
So are you saying that Federer is a has been?

Haha. :lol:
10 char.

EDIT: And you have the cheek to accuse others of trolling.

vtmike
05-21-2009, 05:09 PM

Faithful (right?) stalker is trolling again with his silly childish behavior. :roll:

Fed fanboys are indeed grasping at a straw here, dreaming and debating if he would win 15th slam in Wimbledon or USO. LOL.

Eh? How was that stalking? Did I mention your name?

DunlopDood
05-21-2009, 05:10 PM
Sampras has always been an admirer of Federer's game

bruce38
05-21-2009, 05:19 PM
What's wrong with what he said? I agree entirely. Apart from the conditions in Madrid, when has Nadal ever said anything meaningful about anything? His interviews are utterly forgettable.

She just can't see past her bias. The biggest error she makes is that she thinks she is objective, when in fact she sees everything skewed. Not that surprising since all she does is regurgitate facts and stats without interpreting what they really mean.

S H O W S T O P P E R !
05-21-2009, 05:21 PM

Nadal is the ultimate *******.

Rhino
05-21-2009, 05:21 PM
Question is; Who does Borg support?

He's a known Spadeatard.

Pwned
05-21-2009, 05:23 PM
Do you think she thinks about all this stuff when she lies in bed looking at the poster of Nadal on her ceiling?
Be tough for her to do the bolded part.

bruce38
05-21-2009, 05:23 PM
i don't trust you, you're a programmed robot without a soul...and anybody that has to say "i'm smarter than most" has blown his cover..... believing in nothing, or nothing but yourself is pathetic....you truly are a loser, the biggest slug on the planet could recognize that, but in your case that probably appears in the mirror...the debate just started and i've already won, too bad for you....(and please provide a transcript of borg's phone conversations, would love to see that)

"I'm smarter than most" was simply a retort to you suggesting that it was debatable. Can you not extrapolate anything?

And of course you don't trust me, because you have never learned to think for yourself. People say things, you accept as is - the standard mind of the masses. I'm assuming you're a bible thumper, yeah it all adds up now. :)

bruce38
05-21-2009, 05:24 PM
Do you think she thinks about all this stuff when she lies in bed looking at the poster of Nadal on her ceiling?

I'm sure she's not just looking. :oops:

rubberduckies
05-21-2009, 05:32 PM

Wow. Another pathetic 'new user' ******* who makes 7+ posts a day.

Federer is Serena with better PR. When they choose to speak their minds, they reveal how classless and arrogant and disgusting their personalities really are.

gj011
05-21-2009, 05:33 PM
Another round of Fed fanboys harassing and insulting other posters. It is now Veroniquem's turn, with petty, rude and tasteless insults. And she is not even here.

Really sad and pathetic bunch.

PS I am curious why "the righteous one" Woodrow is not here to say something now, since he always complain about "rude" posts.

bolo
05-21-2009, 05:33 PM
Sampras has always been an admirer of Federer's game

you have to give sampras some props. Probably more sports guys are like vilas than sampras, and trying to protect their records, but sampras looks like he would be fine with fed. breaking it.

bolo
05-21-2009, 05:35 PM

Federer is Serena with better PR. When they choose to speak their minds, they reveal how classless and arrogant and disgusting their personalities really are.

Rubberduckies, bruce will be along any minute now congratulating you on the honesty you have shown in your post. Good job! :)

Pwned
05-21-2009, 05:35 PM

Can't be worse than illiterate posters like you and gj011 can they?

bruce38
05-21-2009, 05:38 PM

Hey, better to be honest than just spew the same platitudes. Your judgement of them being classless says more about your upbringing than their personalities. Sheltered boy.

bruce38
05-21-2009, 05:39 PM
Rubberduckies, bruce will be along any minute now congratulating you on the honesty you have shown in your post. Good job! :)

Well he's more honest than Nadal that's for sure. Problem is he's really dumb. Kinda sad actually.

JeMar
05-21-2009, 05:40 PM
How arrogant of Federer to let himself be picked to win a tournament by Sampras. How typical.

tennis-hero
05-21-2009, 05:42 PM

Drak should sig this for epic justice

hearing NF call himself a Nadal hater was worth the admission price alone

gj011
05-21-2009, 05:42 PM
Can't be worse than illiterate posters like you and gj011 can they?

It would be nice to see your literacy on Spanish or French or Russian or Serbian internet board.

tennis-hero
05-21-2009, 05:44 PM
Federer is Serena with better PR.
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x67/ChiyukiMillenium/phoenix.jpg?t=1242953373

you *******s are teh funne

Pwned
05-21-2009, 05:46 PM
It would be nice to see your literacy on Spanish or French or Russian or Serbian internet board.

German would be the second language. However, the difference would be after being corrected with the proper usage/definition of a word I would abide by it. You, and your friends, will not.

sh@de
05-21-2009, 06:57 PM
gj011, which group do you even belong to? Are you just a Fed hater? Or a Djokertard? How about a Joketard? But you know what, you're confusing me so much. How about we drop all prefixes, and just call you a tard?

I do hope Sampras' pick is right, and I actually think Fed has a decent chance at Wimby, and USO for that matter. He needs to play with aggression, have proper game plans, and if he can execute, he's really still one of the favourites to take the titles.

Docalex007
05-21-2009, 07:14 PM

Nadal's public sentiments are pretty ... well... let's just say I wish he'd be more up front and tell us what he REALLY believes.

I'd love for him to just come out one day and say... you guys TRY and beat me at RG... I dare you! Awesome.

Pwned
05-21-2009, 07:23 PM
Nadal's public sentiments are pretty ... well... let's just say I wish he'd be more up front and tell us what he REALLY believes.

I'd love for him to just come out one day and say... you guys TRY and beat me at RG... I dare you! Awesome.

It's too bad there aren't many players like that, if any, on the tour.

Nadal_Freak
05-21-2009, 07:26 PM

Nadal is too classy for that. That is more of a Fed thing to say.

coyfish
05-21-2009, 07:34 PM
^^^^ man you really are a nadal freak. I like nadal too but not at the expense of every other player on tour.

Nadal_Freak
05-21-2009, 07:35 PM
Anyone is better to root for. Just don't root for Federer.

vtmike
05-21-2009, 07:37 PM
Nadal is too classy for that. That is more of a Fed thing to say.

You created that username in 2006? :shock:

Anyways I am sure you hate Fed more than you love Nadal...because all your posts have a reference to Fed in some way or another...So why did you start hating on Fed in 2006? because he beat the crap out of some other fav player of yours?

vtmike
05-21-2009, 07:38 PM

I rest my case!

veroniquem
05-21-2009, 07:40 PM

That is silly macho nonsense + it would be completely against his interests. Why would he spur on his opponents to beat him? Every time he steps on court at RG, he can lose and that's the only truth. He's lucky that it has never happened (yet) but it will happen eventually and Nadal knows it better than anyone else.
On top of being absurdly foolish, saying "I bet noone can beat me" would be the surest way to stumble sooner than later. Nobody could be as successful as Nadal without being acutely aware of their own limitations as well as their abilities. If you think you're invincible, people are gonna be very quick (and eager) to shatter that illusion for you.

veroniquem
05-21-2009, 07:43 PM
Sampras always picks Fed, so, what else is new? He picked Fed for Wimby last year as well ;) Maybe that's a good omen for Nadal!

volleynets
05-21-2009, 07:45 PM

Why not? Is this even a free country? Federer is an amazing tennis player who will long be remembered. Why hate someone who is good? Do you also hate Sampras, Agassi, Laver, Vilas, and Nadal too?

vtmike
05-21-2009, 07:45 PM
Sampras always picks Fed, so, what else is new? He picked Fed for Wimby last year as well ;) Maybe that's a good omen for Nadal!

He also picked Fed for the USO ;) Maybe that's a good omen for Federer!

bolo
05-21-2009, 07:55 PM
Well he's more honest than Nadal that's for sure. Problem is he's really dumb. Kinda sad actually.

probably not, but rubberduckies is quite funny. You should try and read all of rubberduckies posts, cheer you up a bit.

ksbh
05-21-2009, 07:57 PM
Someone who says Federer can win as many Wimbledon titles as he wants shouldn't be taken too seriously! I couldn't care less who Pete picks.

TheTruth
05-21-2009, 07:58 PM
Well u never know what goes on behind closed doors and the crap that is said. All we get in public could very well be just a smoke and mirrors in terms of the comments we read and listen to. Hell Ive heard stories of Agassi being a total *** and snubbing fans for autographs etc. Yet he was loved and adored by millions and seemed like the nicest and most respectful guy in tennis during post match interviews etc after he got over his headcase Brooke Sheild years

That's so true. So, if you act like an ### in post match interviews for the world to discuss and dissect I hate to see how you are in private.

TheTruth
05-21-2009, 08:05 PM
i don't trust you, you're a programmed robot without a soul...and anybody that has to say "i'm smarter than most" has blown his cover..... believing in nothing, or nothing but yourself is pathetic....you truly are a loser, the biggest slug on the planet could recognize that, but in your case that probably appears in the mirror...the debate just started and i've already won, too bad for you....(and please provide a transcript of borg's phone conversations, would love to see that)

It's true. Borg did call Federer when Fed beat Sampras at Wimby to thank him for preserving his record. Seriously, nobody wants their record broken, no matter what they say in public.

VivalaVida
05-21-2009, 08:06 PM
Can you speak all those languages? :shock: that is impressive! :D

flying24
05-21-2009, 08:07 PM

LOL that you think Agassi is top 3 all time on hard courts. You are an even bigger Agassitard than a *********** considering how much you overrate him.

sh@de
05-21-2009, 08:09 PM
Can you speak all those languages? :shock: that is impressive! :D

He sure can speak the language of 'hate'...

TheTruth
05-21-2009, 08:11 PM

Ha ha ha. So true. I've always been a diehard Serena fan, but her "truth and honesty" of late has been a bit too much. I have to put her on the shelf, it's hard admiring people who constantly speak without thinking and have no regard for hurting other people's feelings.

GameSampras
05-21-2009, 08:11 PM
LOL that you think Agassi is top 3 all time on hard courts. You are an even bigger Agassitard than a *********** considering how much you overrate him.

Hes certainly up there considering his AO results and also winning the USO. Below Fed and Pete sure, but certainly up there. Im not overrating Agassi but he certainly is one of the all time great Hardcourt players. Hell he was one of the only few even into his mid 30s who was taking Prime Fed to the limit at the USO. Fed's contemporaries at the time couldnt even do that there

TheTruth
05-21-2009, 08:14 PM
Another round of Fed fanboys harassing and insulting other posters. It is now Veroniquem's turn, with petty, rude and tasteless insults. And she is not even here.

Really sad and pathetic bunch.

PS I am curious why "the righteous one" Woodrow is not here to say something now, since he always complain about "rude" posts.

Wow! Is that who they were talking about? That is sad. Though I hardly think Veroniquem cares what they think anyway. Still, it is pretty low.

And I agree. It the posts like this that boggle my mind when Fed Fans claim how classy they are and how the *******s are the ones with the real problem.:::Shaking my head:::

Pwned
05-21-2009, 08:17 PM
Hahahaha^^^

VivalaVida
05-21-2009, 08:18 PM
Wow! Is that who they were talking about? That is sad. Though I hardly think Veroniquem cares what they think anyway. Still, it is pretty low.

And I agree. It the posts like this that boggle my mind when Fed Fans claim how classy they are and how the *******s are the ones with the real problem.:::Shaking my head:::
Some fed fans are problematic, but it is the nadal fans who are causing much of the grief with their inflated egos due to Rafa's persistent victories

Nadal_Freak
05-21-2009, 08:18 PM
*******s have sinkin at a all-time low.

Pwned
05-21-2009, 08:19 PM
*******s have sinkin at an all-time low.
Think you meant to an all time low.

VivalaVida
05-21-2009, 08:19 PM
*******s have sinkin at a all-time low.
Cant say it is an "All-time low" because you have achieved that feat for several years now.

TheTruth
05-21-2009, 08:21 PM
Some fed fans are problematic, but it is the nadal fans who are causing much of the grief with their inflated egos due to Rafa's persistent victories

If you believe that statement, then there's no discussion. You agree with people saying lewd things about veroniquem, ganging up on gj011, and calling people idiots, morons, and trolls on a constant basis?

I didn't see you that way. My bad.

Nadal_Freak
05-21-2009, 08:23 PM
If you believe that statement, then there's no discussion. You agree with people saying lewd things about veroniquem, ganging up on gj011, and calling people idiots, morons, and trolls on a constant basis?

Yeah you will be surprised with what people are capable of.

Pwned
05-21-2009, 08:23 PM

You honestly cannot see the fact that you do the exact same thing? As do other posters. Baiting responses with idiotic posts is no different. Unless they actually believe the drivel they put out.

Nadal_Freak
05-21-2009, 08:24 PM
You honestly cannot see the fact that you do the exact same thing? As do other posters. Baiting responses with idiotic posts is no different. Unless they actually believe the drivel they put out.
Stop trolling.

Pwned
05-21-2009, 08:26 PM
Stop trolling.Responding to the garbage you and your amigos put out is not trolling. I am just trying to straighten out your trash. It's very hard but since I have a warrior spirit like Nadal I will never quit. :rolleyes:

flying24
05-21-2009, 08:27 PM
Hes certainly up there considering his AO results and also winning the USO. Below Fed and Pete sure, but certainly up there. Im not overrating Agassi but he certainly is one of the all time great Hardcourt players. Hell he was one of the only few even into his mid 30s who was taking Prime Fed to the limit at the USO. Fed's contemporaries at the time couldnt even do that there

He doesnt rate above any of Lendl, McEnroe, or Connors on hard courts. His U.S Open performance is overall far inferior, and the U.S Open is still the premiere event of hard courts. Consistency and sheer dominance on hard courts favors those 3 over Agassi, as well as overall competition level. You like to harp on Federer's competition. Agassi bolstered his record at the Australian Open with such abysmal final opponents as Rainer Schuettler and Arnaud Clement. His last of 4 Australian Open titles had an aging Wayne Ferreira in the semis, and Rainer Schuettler in the finals, LOL what a joke. His 2 U.S Open titles were over Michael Stich and Todd Martin- one a grass/indoor specialist who won his only 2 big titles on those surfaces, the other a fellow nearly 30 year old who never won a slam in his own 2nd and last slam final. Kafelnikov was his 2nd toughest finals opponent of his 6 hard court slams, now compare that to what Lendl, McEnroe, and Connors faced.

As for what players did in an old age Lendl from ages 30-33 still was posting wins over Sampras on hard court like surfaces, the last one in 1993, Sampras's first #1 year and 33 year old Lendl's 2nd last year on tour. Connors took young Agassi to 5 sets at age 37, and made the U.S Open semis at 39. McEnroe, ok he flaked out, but in his prime he dominated the U.S Open winning 3 out of 5 years vs first class competition. Beating Borg, Borg, and Connors in 3 finals as opposed to Kafelnikov, Clement, and Schuettler.

VivalaVida
05-21-2009, 08:31 PM

Honestly, get real. Stop making it sound like the fed fans are responsible for everything. Do your research rather than assuming those poor "victimized " nadal fans are telling you the truth. If you actually do your research you will realize that those perfect angels ( aka nadal fans) have started massive flame wars and arguments on this forum as well.

TheTruth
05-21-2009, 08:31 PM

When you can show me a post where I've insulted another poster, chased them around the forum with a gang of others calling them names and suggesting lewd acts, then we can talk. Other than that, sorry, you've got the wrong poster.

Pwned
05-21-2009, 08:32 PM
When you can show me a post where I've insulted another poster, chased them around the forum with a gang of others calling them names and suggesting lewd acts, then we can talk. Other than that, sorry, you've got the wrong poster.

You forgot the second part of my post about baiting others with ludicrous posts.

veroniquem
05-21-2009, 08:32 PM

I haven't read what was said about me but I'm not surprised because anyone who criticizes Fed on this board gets ganged up against with unleashed fury by the devoted worshippers of the (ex?) Almighty. What's funny is to see gj011 who is completely honest and upfront about his dislike of Fed getting bullied to death by the same fans who find Federer's honesty (including his "honest" dissing of other players) absolutely and profoundly admirable!
It seems their appreciation of honesty goes only in one direction ;-)

TheTruth
05-21-2009, 08:35 PM
Honestly, get real. Stop making it sound like the fed fans are responsible for everything. Do your research rather than assuming those poor "victimized " nadal fans are telling you the truth. If you actually do your research you will realize that those perfect angels ( aka nadal fans) have started massive flame wars and arguments on this forum as well.

I've been a member since 2006. I've done plenty of research. It is my opinion that it's the other way around.

flying24
05-21-2009, 08:36 PM
It is ridiculous TheTruth is being attacked simply for having his/her own opinion. I dont neccessarily agree with everything TheTruth says but this poster seems to be stating everything in a respectful and considerate manner, and is perfectly entitled to their own views. It seems some posters cant stand anything slightly less than completely favorable to Federer, and I am a Federer fan in fact but I still dont think that is right.

This NO?? poster is probably nothing but a reincarnation of an old troll.

TheTruth
05-21-2009, 08:37 PM
You forgot the second part of my post about baiting others with ludicrous posts.

Fair enough, but you forgot my part about stalking people and making lewd suggestions about other posters. Sooo, since you ignored that I thought it only fair to ignore that part of the post. Answer my part and I'll answer yours:).

matchmaker
05-21-2009, 08:38 PM
I think it is rather normal for Sampras to pick Fed, by all logic he is the favorite for Wimby. You don't win as many times as he did without knowing how to play on grass.

VivalaVida
05-21-2009, 08:39 PM
I've been a member since 2006. I've done plenty of research. It is my opinion that it's the other way around.
Well you took a break from the forum. I am happy you came back but you definitely missed a lot of action between gj011 and other posters. They have been angry at each other for a while.

TheTruth
05-21-2009, 08:42 PM
I haven't read what was said about me but I'm not surprised because anyone who criticizes Fed on this board gets ganged up against with unleashed fury by the devoted worshippers of the (ex?) Almighty. What's funny is to see gj011 who is completely honest and upfront about his dislike of Fed getting bullied to death by the same fans who find Federer's honesty (including his "honest" dissing of other players) absolutely and profoundly admirable!
It seems their appreciation of honesty goes only in one direction ;-)

It's not even worth going back and looking at it, but this post is spot on. There is nothing wrong with your posts, gj011, mine, the natural's, or Zarazoga's. It's just if you don't bow down to Fed some of them have major problems and feel it's ok to bully and harrass other posters. A shame really, because this could be a decent forum if people respected others.

flying24
05-21-2009, 08:43 PM
Well you took a break from the forum. I am happy you came back but you definitely missed a lot of action between gj011 and other posters. They have been angry at each other for a while.

gj011 and I butted heads a few times last fall but seeing some of the other posters around here lately I definitely was too hard on him. He is a saint compared to some of the fresh trolls that have come here lately, particularly various ones of the Sampras or Federer variety who are actually embarassing their favorite players more than anything and dont seem to realize it. I actually am a fan of both Sampras and Federer as well.

TheTruth
05-21-2009, 08:45 PM
It is ridiculous TheTruth is being attacked simply for having his/her own opinion. I dont neccessarily agree with everything TheTruth says but this poster seems to be stating everything in a respectful and considerate manner, and is perfectly entitled to their own views. It seems some posters cant stand anything slightly less than completely favorable to Federer, and I am a Federer fan in fact but I still dont think that is right.

Thanks, that's the flip side. I try not to go too overboard because there are a lot of decent Fed Fans as well whose opinions I respect.

VivalaVida
05-21-2009, 08:46 PM
gj011 and I butted heads a few times last fall but seeing some of the other posters around here lately I definitely was too hard on him. He is a saint compared to some of the fresh trolls that have come here lately, particularly various ones of the Sampras or Federer variety who are actually embarassing their favorite players more than anything and dont seem to realize it. I actually am a fan of both Sampras and Federer as well.
gj011 is not bad at all. He has his own distinctive perspective of federer and it doesnt bother me at all. Who cares? this is professional tennis. no need to get personal.

IvanAndreevich
05-21-2009, 08:48 PM
How arrogant of Federer to let himself be picked to win a tournament by Sampras. How typical.

LMAO! Awesome :)

TheTruth
05-21-2009, 08:49 PM

Sorry to hear that, but I've been here for a while and gj011 is a very respectful poster who happens not to take a lot of guff from others, and rightly so.

What I don't understand is how some of these posters are so new and they seem to have such a deep-seated hatred for gj011. Because he likes Djokovic, or because he doesn't like Federer, I wonder which one it is.

samster
05-21-2009, 08:52 PM

Feel free to update the following website:

http://ihaterogerfederer.wordpress.com/

theduh
05-21-2009, 08:54 PM
It's not even worth going back and looking at it, but this post is spot on. There is nothing wrong with your posts, gj011, mine, the natural's, or Zarazoga's. It's just if you don't bow down to Fed some of them have major problems and feel it's ok to bully and harrass other posters. A shame really, because this could be a decent forum if people respected others.

Some I agree, some I don't. If you'd do a search, you'll see that there are several objective, none baiting post which I agree on but do a little more searching and you'll see a troll post waiting for explode. The thing is you can be objective when you want to and a troll for that matter.

Calling people delusional, liar, stupid, hypocrites, and pathetic is just unacceptable and utterly unbelievable.

Pwned
05-21-2009, 08:54 PM
Fair enough, but you forgot my part about stalking people and making lewd suggestions about other posters. Sooo, since you ignored that I thought it only fair to ignore that part of the post. Answer my part and I'll answer yours:).

I didn't at all. You told me to find posts of yours like that. However that is not what you do, apparently. You bait posters with ridiculous posts. Or, as I said, you actually believe the stuff you say. Why, then, would I need to find posts of yours where you 'stalk' others around the forum and make obscene comments? And I don't see how any stalking can be going on. The majority of the posters in here post mainly in Competitive tennis talk.

That fact that anyone on here even argues is crazy. How many threads are started every day in the attempt to start a flame war? How many times do people post their 'opinions' on the top players? How often do those posts lead to flame wars? I don't get why moderators do not delete every single post that contains anything that could start an argument. Meaning the majority of peoples 'opinions' too. They are not even debates. Its the same 10 people going at it over the same issues in every thread. Everyone wants their opinions to be respected yet they bait responses with exaggerated posts meant to **** people off. 99% of the opinions in this forum suck and are exaggerated for effect. Doesn't matter what 'side' you are on. I do not hate Nadal. I got up at 6-7am for the last few tournaments to watch Nadal as often as I did Federer. Which is a chore when I am up until 4am due to work.

Posters claiming Federer is arrogant or not classy twist a quote into something completely different than he meant and it's just absurd. Gj011 has opinions. Doesn't mean they are true or should be posted. His stuff borders on maniacal. Nadal_freak is the biggest baiter on here. It's no different with some Federer fans but the loudest group is by far the Nadal fans. Now that they think they are on top, Nadal farts roses and Federer is the devil incarnate. It'd be nice to be able to talk and debate over issues, matches, and courts etc... without all of the pointless posts. But it is not going to happen. There are far too many posters that intentionally start this stuff. Sometimes I wonder if there are even any moderators here at all.

theduh
05-21-2009, 08:56 PM
Feel free to update the following website:

http://ihaterogerfederer.wordpress.com/

WOW a website specially made for Roger Federer haters, how mature!

VivalaVida
05-21-2009, 08:56 PM
I didn't at all. You told me to find posts of yours like that. However that is not what you do, apparently. You bait posters with ridiculous posts. Or, as I said, you actually believe the stuff you say. Why, then, would I need to find posts of yours where you 'stalk' others around the forum and make obscene comments? And I don't see how any stalking can be going on. The majority of the posters in here post mainly in Competitive tennis talk.

That fact that anyone on here even argues is crazy. How many threads are started every day in the attempt to start a flame war? How many times do people post their 'opinions' on the top players? How often do those posts lead to flame wars? I don't get why moderators do not delete every single post that contains anything that could start an argument. Meaning the majority of peoples 'opinions' too. They are not even debates. Its the same 10 people going at it over the same issues in every thread. Everyone wants their opinions to be respected yet they bait responses with exaggerated posts meant to **** people off. 99% of the opinions in this forum suck and are exaggerated for effect. Doesn't matter what 'side' you are on. I do not hate Nadal. I got up at 6-7am for the last few tournaments to watch Nadal as often as I did Federer. Which is a chore when I am up until 4am due to work.

Posters claiming Federer is arrogant or not classy twist a quote into something completely different than he meant and it's just absurd. Gj011 has opinions. Doesn't mean they are true or should be posted. His stuff borders on maniacal. Nadal_freak is the biggest baiter on here. It's no different with some Federer fans but the loudest group is by far the Nadal fans. Now that they think they are on top, Nadal farts roses and Federer is the devil incarnate. It'd be nice to be able to talk and debate over issues, matches, and courts etc... without all of the pointless posts. But it is not going to happen. There are far too many posters that intentionally start this stuff. Sometimes I wonder if there are even any moderators here at all.
Very nice post, Pwned.

samster
05-21-2009, 09:09 PM
WOW a website specially made for Roger Federer haters, how mature!

I think it would be a perfect hangout place for some of the posters here, that's for sure.

Pwned
05-21-2009, 09:15 PM
Very nice post, Pwned.

Thank you. Someone should try and start some sort of reform here. So all of the garbage posts can stop. I know I have posted crap too. But these mindless babble threads are getting annoying. Intelligent discussion is much better and much more fruitful.

theduh
05-21-2009, 09:32 PM
I think it would be a perfect hangout place for some of the posters here, that's for sure.

Certainly, but create a website for haters is just silly, immature, and ultimately needs a chill pill.

theduh
05-21-2009, 09:33 PM

Spot on and very well said!

+1 Pwned

TheTruth
05-21-2009, 09:34 PM
Some I agree, some I don't. If you'd do a search, you'll see that there are several objective, none baiting post which I agree on but do a little more searching and you'll see a troll post waiting for explode. The thing is you can be objective when you want to and a troll for that matter.

Calling people delusional, liar, stupid, hypocrites, and pathetic is just unacceptable and utterly unbelievable.

First bolded part is probably true for 90% of participants on TTW. It's kind of hard to avoid, at times.

The second part, I suppose we're in agreement. Sadly, those who do this on a constant basis get a lot of support on this board.

There's always trolls though. It doesn't really bother me. Good days, bad days. It's actually quite funny.

TheTruth
05-21-2009, 09:39 PM

Agree with a lot of what you said, but what's missing is a lot of what Fed Fans think is baiting is only opinion, and there's nothing wrong with people having different opinions. However, singling people out just seems wrong to me and has too much of a bandwagon feel to it.

It would be nice if inflammatory posts were stopped before they became all out wars. I just don't see the point in that.

TheTruth
05-21-2009, 09:41 PM
Certainly, but create a website for haters is just silly, immature, and ultimately needs a chill pill.

Off Topic:

theduh, are you thejoe? If so, did you change your name? If not, you remind me of him, a pretty nice Fed Fan. Just wondering.

sh@de
05-21-2009, 09:50 PM

+ 100 or whatever. This is a brilliant post.

And to The Truth... jeez, I wish there were more Nadal fans (you are one right?) like you. I have no problem about somebody liking Nadal, in fact I'm in awe of his tennis too, but the amount of crap that some *******s dump in these boards is just astounding. I know I've posted a lot of crap too, but usually I do that only to those who destroy discussions and mindlessly flame others.

It's good to know there's someone with a differing opinion who can discuss and argue properly.

theduh
05-21-2009, 09:57 PM
First bolded part is probably true for 90% of participants on TTW. It's kind of hard to avoid, at times.

The second part, I suppose we're in agreement. Sadly, those who do this on a constant basis get a lot of support on this board.

There's always trolls though. It doesn't really bother me. Good days, bad days. It's actually quite funny.

Well I must admit I am one of those 90% who are being forced to be nasty and some times called a troll after proving them wrong. Sad if you'd ask me.

Off Topic:

theduh, are you thejoe? If so, did you change your name? If not, you remind me of him, a pretty nice Fed Fan. Just wondering.

Thanks for the compliment. And no, we're not the same. Our names just rhymes :)

TheTruth
05-21-2009, 10:10 PM

And to The Truth... jeez, I wish there were more Nadal fans (you are one right?) like you. I have no problem about somebody liking Nadal, in fact I'm in awe of his tennis too, but the amount of crap that some *******s dump in these boards is just astounding. I know I've posted a lot of crap too, but usually I do that only to those who destroy discussions and mindlessly flame others.

It's good to know there's someone with a differing opinion who can discuss and argue properly.

Thanks, and yes, I'm a Nadal fan, but if I was a Fed Fan I'm sure I would have the same arguments many of you have, so I don't get mad about it.

Since taking time away from the board and coming back with fresh eyes, I find there are a lot of decent Fed Fans I like and respect. If we could get rid of the ones who insult and troll this would be a great board, but I think we're getting there!

TheTruth
05-21-2009, 10:13 PM
Well I must admit I am one of those 90% who are being forced to be nasty and some times called a troll after proving them wrong. Sad if you'd ask me.

Thanks for the compliment. And no, we're not the same. Our names just rhymes :)

I just saw him/her post and realized you weren't the same. Anyway, it's a compliment to be compared to him. He's a nice poster!

We all have our bad days where the :twisted: gets into us. Lol!

Blue Drop
05-21-2009, 10:24 PM

You're such a hater, aren't you? You think you know more than Pete Sampras? Did he diss your loverboy *****o or something? Not to worry, *****ovic has the career slam for quitting.

veroniquem
05-21-2009, 10:27 PM
You're such a hater, aren't you? You think you know more than Pete Sampras? Did he diss your loverboy *****o or something? Not to worry, *****ovic has the career slam for quitting.
Take it easy. Sampras knows no more than any of us about the future. It's not because he was a great player that his predictions are more valid than anyone else's.

edberg505
05-21-2009, 10:47 PM

Actually he doesn't.

gj011
05-21-2009, 11:02 PM

He is indeed multiple times banned old troll ChrisInJapan.

gj011
05-21-2009, 11:05 PM
Very nice post, Pwned.

It would be a nice post if he is not a hypocrite, since he is also among Federer bunch who gangs up, bullies and insults people with different opinions and he rarely talks about tennis topics or matches.

manny pacquiao P4P king
05-21-2009, 11:06 PM

there both horrible for different reasons, but nadal seems to do more evil and get away with it

gj011
05-21-2009, 11:07 PM

And he calls me a hater.

joeri888
05-21-2009, 11:09 PM
Take it easy. Sampras knows no more than any of us about the future. It's not because he was a great player that his predictions are more valid than anyone else's.

I agree with you here a 100%. I don't think it has any value. He is however entitled to his opinion and should therefore not be called a '*******' imo. In general I feel people should have a lot more respect for current and/or former great players. They can do things we'd all like to be able to do I think and it's ridiculous that people that have achieved absolutely nothing feel they have the right to call legends like Pete, like Federer, like Nadal names.

380pistol
05-21-2009, 11:15 PM
GameSampras

As far as best on hardcourts, I don't know, But I know ths Sampras has 2Austrailain Opens (this depite Gullickson getting brain cancer in 1995, DNP in 1999, and tearing his hip flexor in 1st set of 5 set SF loss to Dre in 2000), and 5 US Opens (this despite a leg injury in 1994 while losing to Yzaga, lost 1998 SF to Rafter after injuring rleft quad leading 7-6,4-6,4-2 and back injury DNP in 1999), as well as his 4 other finals (Aus and 3 US).

Federer did have a 55 match win streak on hardcurt, but actually it ended sonner than Dubai of 2006, in November of 2005 in Shanghai. Although Indoor Taraflex is officially considered carpet, many say it plays mch more like a hardcourt than carpet. Who he;d the record before him?? Sampras at 34, which eneded with a leg injury in a loss to Krajicek in DC, which hampered him in the US Open (he missed the entire summer), see loss to Yzaga.

And we won't even get into who played a better contingeon of hardcourt players.

380pistol
05-21-2009, 11:16 PM
Why's everyone making such a big deal?? Sampras picked Federer for Wimbledon last year and.....

theduh
05-21-2009, 11:20 PM
It would be a nice post if he is not a hypocrite, since he is also among Federer bunch who gangs up, bullies and insults people with different opinions and he rarely talks about tennis topics or matches.

Like what you are doing lately? Yeah I do not know if he is part of that "green troll" group that you have established but that is beside the point. He made a very valid and objective post, no need to throw anything bad at all.

Pwned
05-22-2009, 12:49 AM

Thank you. Unfortunately you can see the same stuff going on in other threads. Didn't take long for another thread to pop up in an effort to **** Nadal fans off. All it does is open the flood gates. The Nadal fans post about how bad all the Federer fans are and back and forth it goes. Same 10-15 people every time. The problem with some of them is they can't even see they are adding fuel to the fire. Or worse yet, they think what they're typing is true. Whether it be about a player or lumping the fans into groups and taking a stab at everyone in that group at once. Even more sad is some of the people posting in these flame wars are quite a bit older than you'd expect, given the type of posts they throw out just makes it worse.

Pwned
05-22-2009, 12:54 AM
I dont care about Nadal or Joker. I just like to make fun of people that call other people haters and liars. Yet go around abusing anyone that enters the boards..

Sad but true.

DarthMaul
05-22-2009, 01:05 AM
Pete is soooo classy...

MethodTennis
05-22-2009, 01:36 AM
cool samprass thinks fed :O