PDA

View Full Version : How many hours of Tennis do you play?

Liv3 For It
05-21-2009, 01:52 PM
How many hours of tennis do you play PER WEEK?

Grizvok
05-21-2009, 01:53 PM
Good topic for the General Pro Player Discussion forum...

gj011
05-21-2009, 05:00 PM
Everyone here is a pro.

Nadal_Freak
05-21-2009, 05:03 PM
Where is the option for 0?

dennis10is
05-21-2009, 05:05 PM
I try not to play tennis. Actual on court tennis experience would corrupt my perfect understanding of tennis.

In my mind, I've perfected the sport of tennis. For the remainder of my life, I will strive to spread my knowledge of tennis to all who will listen.

I'm glad to know that many other people have also found the true perfect way to play tennis and we are all here on the TW Forum to spread the truth.

It is obvious to me that if I were to purchase a tennis racket, one can of tennis balls and a pair of court shoes from Walmart, I would beat Federer or Nadal or whomever is on the tour.

I would like to make more perfect my tennis knowledge though. I know that if Roddick were to serve a 155 mph serve on the T on the deuce side, I can easily hit a 120 mph backhand slice that would land on the baseline, and have a max bounce height of 3 inches and can break 30 degrees either left or right. My question is does any one here know if they can hit the slice faster than 120 mph and have the ball bounce 2 inches? I've done simulation in my mind but I can not get it to work. Thanks in advance.

<3tennis!!!
05-21-2009, 05:14 PM
as much as i can......

Nadal_Freak
05-21-2009, 05:15 PM
I try not to play tennis. Actual on court tennis experience would corrupt my perfect understanding of tennis.

In my mind, I've perfected the sport of tennis. For the remainder of my life, I will strive to spread my knowledge of tennis to all who will listen.

I'm glad to know that many other people have also found the true perfect way to play tennis and we are all here on the TW Forum to spread the truth.

It is obvious to me that if I were to purchase a tennis racket, one can of tennis balls and a pair of court shoes from Walmart, I would beat Federer or Nadal or whomever is on the tour.

I would like to make more perfect my tennis knowledge though. I know that if Roddick were to serve a 155 mph serve on the T on the deuce side, I can easily hit a 120 mph backhand slice that would land on the baseline, and have a max bounce height of 3 inches and can break 30 degrees either left or right. My question is does any one here know if they can hit the slice faster than 120 mph and have the ball bounce 2 inches? I've done simulation in my mind but I can not get it to work. Thanks in advance.
Nothing is better than making your opinions as facts and trying to play the least amount of tennis as possible on tennis-warehouse.

tacou
05-21-2009, 05:16 PM
the most.

MajinX
05-21-2009, 05:18 PM

too bad knowing and doing isnt the same thing eh? if one can easily transfer their mental abilities to physical then there wouldnt be such thing as practice.

VivalaVida
05-21-2009, 05:28 PM
Actually playing tennis is like 7 billion times better than watching tennis on tv. If i get the oppurtunity to play tennis, i turn of the tv right away even if safin, federer, djokovic etc are playing.

Nadal_Freak
05-21-2009, 05:30 PM
Actually playing tennis is like 7 billion times better than watching tennis on tv. If i get the oppurtunity to play tennis, i turn of the tv right away even if safin, federer, djokovic etc are playing.
Maybe you should turn off your computer permanently and spare us of your weak posts. lol

dennis10is
05-21-2009, 05:32 PM
too bad knowing and doing isnt the same thing eh? if one can easily transfer their mental abilities to physical then there wouldnt be such thing as practice.

No, no. I engage in mental practice all the time. I've been hitting that 120mph backhand slice return and they are all painting the baseline. I can place them within a dime but as I've stated before I can't get them to go faster than 120mph and bounce lower than 3 inches. Trust me, I mentally practice a lot.

As I type this reply, I just made 20 slice backhand drop shot return. They clear the net and have so much backspin that they bounce backwards and hit the net and roll down for a return winner. What I would like to do is hit the drop shot but instead of having the ball spin backwards, it would spin sideways towards the nearest ball kid kneeling along the netpost so they would not have to move to pick up the ball. These are the kinds of considerate tennis playing that I'm trying to perfect.

Tempest344
05-21-2009, 05:33 PM
when i was coaching i was playing more than 10 hours per week..now its only about 1-4 hours now I'm studying full time at college

VivalaVida
05-21-2009, 05:36 PM
Maybe you should turn off your computer permanently and spare us of your weak posts. lol
Wow, coming from the most intellectually impaired poster on this board. One who knows nothing about tennis and claims he knows more than the pros about tennis and gives BS lessons on physics, a subject he obviously has no clue about. How about this. Get your fat *** of your computer and go out and do something productive with your life rather than watching nadal on youtube all day.

<3tennis!!!
05-21-2009, 05:38 PM
Wow, coming from the most intellectually impaired poster on this board. One who knows nothing about tennis and claims he knows more than the pros about tennis and gives BS lessons on physics, a subject he obviously has no clue about. How about this. Get your fat *** of your computer and go out and do something productive with your life rather than watching nadal on youtube all day.omfg i just loled at that literally!!!!post of the year!!!:)

<3tennis!!!
05-21-2009, 05:49 PM
Actually playing tennis is like 7 billion times better than watching tennis on tv. If i get the oppurtunity to play tennis, i turn of the tv right away even if safin, federer, djokovic etc are playing.completely agree with you here

norbac
05-21-2009, 05:55 PM

Yup, agreed.

Serendipitous
05-21-2009, 06:07 PM
When I played, I practiced anywhere from 2-4 hours a day, and I also played a ton of tournaments. :(

I'm glad I don't play anymore. I focus on schoolwork, now.

Kirko
05-21-2009, 06:07 PM

especially watching the girls eg. you can see the "stroke" better a bit slower than the guys.

Solid Ace
05-21-2009, 06:54 PM
Wow, coming from the most intellectually impaired poster on this board. One who knows nothing about tennis and claims he knows more than the pros about tennis and gives BS lessons on physics, a subject he obviously has no clue about. How about this. Get your fat *** of your computer and go out and do something productive with your life rather than watching nadal on youtube all day.
http://blogs.smh.com.au/mashup/images/applause.gif

VivalaVida
05-21-2009, 06:57 PM
LOL thanks guys. I feel like I overreacted because I came back from tennis and was hungry and cranky but I think the truth came out.

vtmike
05-21-2009, 07:01 PM

Can I make this post my new sig? :lol:

VivalaVida
05-21-2009, 07:04 PM
Can I make this post my new sig? :lol:
er.. sure :). I dont think it will fit though. :D

vtmike
05-21-2009, 07:06 PM

http://img.funnyanimatedgifs.net/491.gif

<3tennis!!!
05-21-2009, 07:18 PM
er.. sure :). I dont think it will fit though. :DROFL aahahhaaahaaa i was just about to make my first sig(b4 mike said that) and yeah figured it was too big so didnt bother. ahahaahahaha great minds think alike :D :D

IvanAndreevich
05-21-2009, 08:28 PM

OP didn't think there are tools like that on here :lol:

Liv3 For It
06-05-2009, 05:52 AM

jelle v
06-05-2009, 05:58 AM
60 hours a week I think.. no seriously ;)

I play about 4 - 6 hours a week..

royer
06-05-2009, 06:43 AM

Why does this not surprise me?

FlamEnemY
06-06-2009, 02:31 AM
Hmm... 1-4 hours. I'm lucky if I can play for 1h 30m on synth grass, it's that difficult to find a cheap and good court around here. :(

Jimmyk459
06-17-2010, 04:05 PM
36 If I teach. 10 if I don't.

Jimmyk459
06-17-2010, 04:06 PM
Good topic for the General Pro Player Discussion forum...
Everyone here is a pro.

...sick...

kishnabe
06-17-2010, 04:48 PM
I would love to play 33 hours plus...a job, GF, injuries and overplay won't allow me to reach that!

vortex1
06-17-2010, 05:00 PM
2-4 hours on weekends.

dennis1188
06-23-2010, 12:27 AM
When bk home 3hr/session 2-3 times a week (not incl. any usta matches).
On the road I seldom play but still 2-3hr sessions when I can get on a court,
so I only do gym daily (1-1 1/2hrs) and some swimming .

CanadianChic
06-23-2010, 12:31 AM
Wrong section.

dmt
06-23-2010, 04:43 AM
about six-7 hrs a week. Sometimes i play an hour or so more even after my coach and friends have left to practive my serve or to practice against the wall.