PDA

View Full Version : New book on 2008 Wimbledon Final

SVP
05-21-2009, 02:19 PM
Im sorry if someone has already posted on this. I've started reading a fascinating book entitled "Strokes of Genius" by L. Jon Wertheim on the 2008 Wimbledon final. It's in the tradition of the classic book "Levels of the Game" which recounted a match between Arthur Ashe and Clark Graebner, almost point by point, weaving in the backgrounds of both players. Some of you old school guys may remember it.

I've just read the description of the contrasting behavior between Federer and Nadal only a few feet separating them in the locker room, just before they walk out on to the court. If the rest of the book is like this, it'll be totally engrossing.

Dilettante
05-21-2009, 02:27 PM
Sounds interesting.

Anyway, I've always thought that 2007 final, if not that epic, had an overall superior level of play from both players. Anyone agree with this?

bolo
05-21-2009, 02:42 PM
Im sorry if someone has already posted on this. I've started reading a fascinating book entitled "Strokes of Genius" by L. Jon Wertheim on the 2008 Wimbledon final. It's in the tradition of the classic book "Levels of the Game" which recounted a match between Arthur Ashe and Clark Graebner, almost point by point, weaving in the backgrounds of both players. Some of you old school guys may remember it.

I've just read the description of the contrasting behavior between Federer and Nadal only a few feet separating them in the locker room, just before they walk out on to the court. If the rest of the book is like this, it'll be totally engrossing.

should be an interesting read, but will probably wait for the soft cover.