PDA

View Full Version : Fed and Nadal should join forces!!!!

redfred
05-21-2009, 06:11 PM
Okay just hear me out. Once their careers are over and they've retired.Federer and Nadal should pair up to make the ultimate doubles team!!!
how awesome would that be.Nadal:the grueling baseliner and Federer:with his finese at the net they would make an unstoppable team!!!

Nadal_Freak
05-21-2009, 06:12 PM
I agree. You either hit to Nadal's forehand or Fed's forehand. Pretty sick if you ask me. I think the bitterness of the rival has prevented it from happening.

redfred
05-21-2009, 06:16 PM
yes of course.but they dont seem like they hate each other or anything.or maybe im just not seeing everything.

Nadal_Freak
05-21-2009, 06:21 PM
yes of course.but they dont seem like they hate each other or anything.or maybe im just not seeing everything.
They are competitive rivals. I think Nadal likes Djokovic more and vice versa. Fed is too much of a sore loser for Nadal to be a big fan.

S H O W S T O P P E R !
05-21-2009, 06:22 PM
Uhm, that's not happening. When both their careers are over, you'll probably have a 32-year old Fed who still has the finesse but isn't as physically fit, and Nadal will probably retire from multiple injuries. If they doubled up now that would be quite a feat but at the end of their careers is not a good idea.

dividi
05-21-2009, 06:29 PM
I agree. You either hit to Nadal's forehand or Fed's forehand. Pretty sick if you ask me. I think the bitterness of the rival has prevented it from happening.

I don't think there's bitterness in the rivalry.

They're probably just focused on their singles career more than anything.

When tennis is invaded by Martians, we'll see a Federer/Nadal doubles team.

Blinkism
05-21-2009, 07:54 PM
I agree with the OP, but I think Nadal's net skills match Fed's except that Nadal goes to the net much less often.

But he's won the Monte Carlo master's double title and made the US doubles semi-final, so he knows what he's doing. And Fed's the doubles Olympic champion, so his resume speaks for itself.

They could probably pull off the Doubles Grand Slam, but at this moment in their career it doesn't look like they'd team up.
If they were from the same country it'd be more likely (as they'd have more likely played together in the olympics, davis cup, etc.)

IvanAndreevich
05-21-2009, 09:36 PM
I sure hope they play a doubles match together before retiring. I think Federer was asked about that and his response was basically "why not?"

Nadal_Freak
05-21-2009, 09:39 PM
I sure hope they play a doubles match together before retiring. I think Federer was asked about that and his response was basically "why not?"
His answer would be because I hate Nadal with a passion for beating me so much. I don't blame him but he should be truthful.

RCizzle65
05-21-2009, 09:43 PM
I know Nadal asked him once but he was already playing with someone else, he said he'd love to play doubles with Nadal or Roddick.

theduh
05-22-2009, 01:27 AM
I want to see them in action on the same side of the court, for sure they will beat the crap out of the best doubles team.

Agree on the bolded part

They are competitive rivals. I think Nadal likes Djokovic more and vice versa. Fed is too much of a sore loser for Nadal to be a big fan.

No one knows more than Nadal. Bad post after the 2nd sentence.

His answer would be because I hate Nadal with a passion for beating me so much. I don't blame him but he should be truthful.

Another bad post.

You started off with a very good and sensible post, then ended up on the bottom. Please let's not open another can of flame war, nothing has been said bad against Nadal so why attack Fed?

IvanAndreevich
05-22-2009, 01:48 AM

His answer was "why not?" It's a rhetorical question :-?

DarthMaul
05-22-2009, 02:06 AM
They will indeed make a formidable doubles team.

MethodTennis
05-22-2009, 02:08 AM
the bryan brothers would rip em to shreds

so would roddick and fish lol

DarthMaul
05-22-2009, 02:13 AM
the bryan brothers would rip em to shreds

so would roddick and fish lol

Bryans can't handle Fed's serve or Nadal's heavy topspin. :)

jelle v
05-22-2009, 02:28 AM
I think that some people here are underestimating how good some doubles teams really are.. besides, single player skills are different skills from doubles skills. They could probably get far relying solely on their individual skills, but I doubt they would win Grand Slams, let alone "the" Grand Slam.

MethodTennis
05-22-2009, 02:51 AM
Bryans can't handle Fed's serve or Nadal's heavy topspin. :)

you didnt say anything about fish roddick

Chelsea_Kiwi
05-22-2009, 03:00 AM
They are competitive rivals. I think Nadal likes Djokovic more and vice versa. Fed is too much of a sore loser for Nadal to be a big fan. Ruining yet another thread, courtesy of the fresh green troll army.