PDA

View Full Version : Need a Camp In Norcal

kashgotmoney
05-21-2009, 08:19 PM
Under 1000 dollars, overnight camp, about a week long, Strong emphasis on tennis.

ci2ca
05-24-2009, 05:30 PM
Check out the nike tennis camps ran in the summer. They're not overnight but they get the job done.

Midlife crisis
05-24-2009, 08:00 PM
Second on the Nike camps. My son is going to a week long one in Santa Cruz. It's $975 a week that includes accommodations, and you get a free pair of Nike shoes from Tennis Warehouse from a deal they have with them. Don't know your age but my son is 15, and this is a high school camp. They get about six hours of tennis a day and there's a supervised evening activity every night. They have a social/dance, a day on the boardwalk, and so forth. Sounds like two to a room.

There are adult camps at the same time, and the same cost.

Here's the link for the junior camps:

http://www.ussportscamps.com/tennis/CampType.aspx?camptype=8

kashgotmoney
05-24-2009, 11:31 PM
Second on the Nike camps. My son is going to a week long one in Santa Cruz. It's $975 a week that includes accommodations, and you get a free pair of Nike shoes from Tennis Warehouse from a deal they have with them. Don't know your age but my son is 15, and this is a high school camp. They get about six hours of tennis a day and there's a supervised evening activity every night. They have a social/dance, a day on the boardwalk, and so forth. Sounds like two to a room.

There are adult camps at the same time, and the same cost.

Here's the link for the junior camps:

http://www.ussportscamps.com/tennis/CampType.aspx?camptype=8

Cool thanks.

This is very similiar to the Adidas Tennis Camp at UC Davis.

We basically slept in dorms, 2 to a room. The food was AMAZING, all you can eat, every type of food imaginable, never seen a cefeteria like this.... anyways, back to tennis lol. we played around 8 hours a day i think in 100 degree + temperature. we did a social event every night. go to see the sacramento capitals play against some other team in team tennis. Same price as adidas too.

i cant afford flying down to sd. so adidas tennis camp is my number 1 so far, thats why i posted here, to make sure there isnt anything else.

the good thing about the adidas one is the womens and mens coach are camp counselers there and help run the camp so this should help me college tennis wise.

i am one year older than your son.

Midlife crisis
05-25-2009, 04:03 PM
Cool thanks.

This is very similiar to the Adidas Tennis Camp at UC Davis.

We basically slept in dorms, 2 to a room. The food was AMAZING, all you can eat, every type of food imaginable, never seen a cefeteria like this.... anyways, back to tennis lol. we played around 8 hours a day i think in 100 degree + temperature. we did a social event every night. go to see the sacramento capitals play against some other team in team tennis. Same price as adidas too.

i cant afford flying down to sd. so adidas tennis camp is my number 1 so far, thats why i posted here, to make sure there isnt anything else.

the good thing about the adidas one is the womens and mens coach are camp counselers there and help run the camp so this should help me college tennis wise.

i am one year older than your son.

I thought the camps were all pretty similar so it's good to hear your experiences. My son doesn't have the natural talent for any college tennis team, much less a D1 school, so this is solely just to give him a camp experience. I hope the food is as good as you say. He's 6' and 195 pounds so I'm sure he'll be living in the cafeteria when he's not playing tennis.

Have a great time at your camp!

kashgotmoney
05-27-2009, 09:49 PM
well the food for the adidas camp is amazing, cant comment about the nike camp.

baseline08thrasher
06-02-2009, 02:27 PM
HAHAHAHAHAH...

Good luck