PDA

View Full Version : City of Chicago (not in the burbs)

Chicago Lefty
05-22-2009, 02:51 AM
Anyone play in the city? If so at what club or park? Looking for a hitting partner. Not looking for matches. Prior high school or college level play would work out best. I'm also in search of a indoor tennis club in the city. I am looking at midtown tennis club now but am open to other suggestions.

Joeyg
05-22-2009, 05:15 AM
Look up Fedace. He claims to be in San Diego, but we really know he's a Rush street commando.

serve and Justin
06-01-2009, 04:19 AM
I live in Lincoln Park and play around the city...Midtown is pretty close to me and from what I hear pretty nice...If I am playing the chitown league matches we usually play at Daley, Oz or UIC...

I want to make the trip out to Arlington Heights and see how their clay looks this year...

dParis
06-01-2009, 09:26 AM
I want to make the trip out to Arlington Heights and see how their clay looks this year...

Is that public Har-Tru in Arlington Heights?

Verno Inferno
06-01-2009, 10:57 AM
I live in Lincoln Park and play around the city...Midtown is pretty close to me and from what I hear pretty nice...If I am playing the chitown league matches we usually play at Daley, Oz or UIC...

Shoot me an e-mail if you need specifics about Midtown's prices and all that. They sometimes like to keep hush-hush about their prices until they can get you into their facilities and show it off a bit. It is pretty fantastic in there.

Verno Inferno
06-01-2009, 10:58 AM
^^^Sorry, meant to quote Chicago Lefty's original post about Midtown.

btangel
06-01-2009, 01:51 PM
how is midtown's prices? I use to hit at lakeshore athletic but they closed down. :( Looking to switch but not sure where. Midtown seems nice, but also expensive? I'm hoping to join a league or just find people to hit with.

btangel
06-01-2009, 02:03 PM
oh to contribute to this a bit...

Since my gym closed down I hit at public courts in the following locations:

1. Pearson Rd. & N DeWitt Pl.
2. Irving Park & California (a bit south of this intersection)
3. Lakeshore around where the Recreation exit is between Belmont and Irving.

I'm a self rated 4.0 baseliner. I'd be interested to hit with anyone. :)

dParis
06-01-2009, 08:51 PM
how is midtown's prices? I use to hit at lakeshore athletic but they closed down. :( Looking to switch but not sure where. Midtown seems nice, but also expensive? I'm hoping to join a league or just find people to hit with.
Not sure about Mid-Town on Fullerton, but the one in Willowbrook is about 2 Bennys per month for the tennis membership (includes health club).

serve and Justin
06-02-2009, 10:40 AM
Is that public Har-Tru in Arlington Heights?

I think the public har-tru is in Oak Brook...

Some club has red clay in Arlington Heights.

SOY78
06-02-2009, 10:48 AM
Where in Oak Brook?

serve and Justin
06-02-2009, 10:58 AM
crap now I don't think it was Oak Brook and I have no idea how I found these courts before...I tend to drink a bit at night and play on the net...

what I do know is it is in a suburb...kinda pricey but still a park district court...

google came up with Diversey Clay Courts...any knowledge?

dthomas
06-02-2009, 11:06 AM
I will be traveling to Illinois this summer with my daughter, and I would love to play on some red clay. I was wondering if someone knew the name of the club in Arlington Heights where the red clay courts are located? I saw the name of one club called River Trails Tennis Center that had several clay courts, but I'm not sure if they are red clay. Thanks for the information!

Nickk
06-02-2009, 11:06 AM
crap now I don't think it was Oak Brook and I have no idea how I found these courts before...I tend to drink a bit at night and play on the net...

what I do know is it is in a suburb...kinda pricey but still a park district court...

Diversey Clay Courts are right by the driving range at the end of Diversey where the harbor is. You can see the courts from LSD southbound after the Belmont Exit just before you cross the bridge at Diversey.

SOY78
06-02-2009, 11:20 AM
Name of the club in Arlington Heights is River Trails I believe. Here is their website.

www.rivertrailstennis.net

serve and Justin
06-02-2009, 04:48 PM
It wasn't Oak Brook for the har-tru it was Northbrook...

dParis
06-02-2009, 07:34 PM

Yeah, I wish there was public Har-Tru in Oak Brook.

There is a nice public Har-Tru facility in Oak Park/River Forest (Harlem & Lake St.) run on Cook County Forest Preserve property. You can join as a member or you can walk on and pay per hour. I can't remember the pricing but I'm sure it's on a website.

serve and Justin
06-03-2009, 02:16 AM
Yeah, I wish there was public Har-Tru in Oak Brook.

There is a nice public Har-Tru facility in Oak Park/River Forest (Harlem & Lake St.) run on Cook County Forest Preserve property. You can join as a member or you can walk on and pay per hour. I can't remember the pricing but I'm sure it's on a website.

It's something in the $20's an hour...Still not that horrible...

I am hoping to try the Diversey courts this week sometime.

supermario343
06-03-2009, 05:15 AM
I will be traveling to Illinois this summer with my daughter, and I would love to play on some red clay. I was wondering if someone knew the name of the club in Arlington Heights where the red clay courts are located? I saw the name of one club called River Trails Tennis Center that had several clay courts, but I'm not sure if they are red clay. Thanks for the information!

River Trails has green clay...ive played on them before, not too bad :)