PDA

View Full Version : Who do you have for your RG upsets?

S H O W S T O P P E R !
05-22-2009, 02:13 PM
Title says it all. Who do you think is going to make an upset at the French?

My pick is Fernando Gonzalez to beat Murray and make the semi's. Gonzalez can easily beat his qualifier, and can beat an aged and retiring Safin to meet Mikhail Youznhy who took out Simon. He'll win that and will, IMO, take out Murray for yet another GS knockout for Murray and that will land him in the semi's, where Rafa will beat him.

Who you got?

P_Agony
05-22-2009, 02:17 PM
I hope someone upsets Nadal. I think the tourny will suddenly get a lot more interesting and everyone will want a piece of the pie.

It won't happen. Federer's best days are behind him, Novak is a good clay courter who just can't seem to beat Nadal on clay, and Murray proved that he really can't play well on clay. I don't see anyone else being a real threat.

Maybe an on-fire Davydenko - but he tends to choke quickly.

GameSampras
05-22-2009, 02:19 PM
I hope someone upsets Nadal. I think the tourny will suddenly get a lot more interesting and everyone will want a piece of the pie.

It won't happen. Federer's best days are behind him, Novak is a good clay courter who just can't seem to beat Nadal on clay, and Murray proved that he really can't play well on clay. I don't see anyone else being a real threat.

Maybe an on-fire Davydenko - but he tends to choke quickly.

There u go again. LOL :)

Fed's best days behind him. He just reached the AO finals and beat Nadal at Madrid. For god sakes. If Fed isnt going undefeated for the entire season, people seem to think Fed's best days are behind him.

I got more faith in Roger than apparently his own fans do. LOL. Scary thought

S H O W S T O P P E R !
05-22-2009, 02:28 PM

Fed's best days behind him. He just reached the AO finals and beat Nadal at Madrid. For god sakes. If Fed isnt going undefeated for the entire season, people seem to think Fed's best days are behind him.

His days are behind him because he set such high standards during his 2004-2006 run.

Dream_On
05-22-2009, 02:29 PM
Davydenko Def Nadal 6 - 0 5 - 7 7 - 6(5) 3 - 6 6 - 2

boris becker 1
05-22-2009, 02:50 PM
Nadal wins it.

Think Monaco if his wrist is ok goes deep.

Murray loses to Nadal he wont lose to Gonzalez. Murray gets a lot of balls back Gonzalez just blasts away and makes a lot of unforced errors

Mada
05-22-2009, 03:29 PM

You're right, Federer is much better now than he was in 2004-2006.

"LOL"

vtmike
05-22-2009, 03:31 PM

The only thing you have is the weak era theory at the back of your mind in EVERY post you make! Every post has some connection with a comparison between the era of Fed & Sampras!

Chelsea_Kiwi
05-22-2009, 03:39 PM

I got more faith in Roger than apparently his own fans do. LOL. Scary thought Lol. Just because he reaches finals doesn't mean he is in his prime LOL! He is that good...

Bundey
05-22-2009, 07:31 PM
Gonzo is going to semis.

kashgotmoney
05-22-2009, 10:12 PM
roddick vs nadal in final. rod will beat fed.

B-rian
05-22-2009, 10:21 PM
Safin FTW!!!! :twisted:

sh@de
05-22-2009, 10:40 PM
Lapentti > Djoker in the first round IMO. :D.

Dutch-Guy
05-23-2009, 02:06 AM
A-Rod beating Fed.Change we believe in:).

joeri888
05-23-2009, 02:31 AM
I've got Monaco to make fourth round, and Gonzo semifinals, besides that no real upsets.. Murray, Del Potro, Verdasco all solid to QF..

Maybe Youzhny d. Simon.. but given Simon's form thats no upset either.

joeri888
05-23-2009, 02:33 AM
Davydenko Def Nadal 6 - 0 5 - 7 7 - 6(5) 3 - 6 6 - 2

Haha, wouldn't want to miss that one

clayman2000
05-23-2009, 06:15 AM
A-Rod beating Fed.Change we believe in:).

Roddick could easily make the Quarters.
His first match will be a joke..French WC ranked 310
Then Minar or more likely Hernandez....likes clay, but has made it past R2 only once
3rd round would likely be either against Shutler or Giquel...Giquel could be a good threat, but neither have the return skills to neutralize the serve

4th round potenetial most likely Monfils... but if he is reallly not at top form then i give Roddick a fighting chance