PDA

View Full Version : Would Nadal trade places with Federer in RG 2009?

vtmike
05-22-2009, 03:25 PM
Simple question to all those who say that Nadal has a tougher draw than Federer...

Would Nadal trade his draw with Federer?

If your answer is YES :-? Then please explain

If your answer is NO, then just stop with all the "conspiracy against Nadal" crap!

Don't want an answer which goes something like "Umm player X would want to trade places with Fed for the 1st round, trade places with Murray for second round, with Djokovic for third round, then Nadal again for QF etc...."

Just a simple YES or NO...

zohnay
05-22-2009, 03:27 PM
My guess would be a 'no'

Because Nadal is confident and believes he can win it again, as he has done in the past. He doesn't need to switch to win, everyone knows that.

veroniquem
05-22-2009, 03:33 PM
I've already answered that in the other thread. Anybody would want to trade places with Fed's quarter which is an absolute walk in the park but nobody would want to get Djoko in the semis for sure! If Djoko stumbles at any point, Fed's draw will officially become the easiest slam draw of the decade (until final) but all that's on paper anyway, on the court strange things can always happen...

BullDogTennis
05-22-2009, 03:34 PM
i put 'yes' because everyone else so far has put 'no'

P_Agony
05-22-2009, 03:35 PM
Simple question to all those who say that Nadal has a tougher draw than Federer...

If your answer is NO, then just stop with all the "conspiracy against Nadal" crap!

Don't want an answer which goes something like "Umm player X would want to trade places with Fed for the 1st round, trade places with Murray for second round, with Djokovic for third round, then Nadal again for QF etc...."

It's not everyone, it's just gj011 and some *******s, who will claim Federer got the easiest draw even if he gets Nalbandian in the 1st round, Tsonga in 2nd, you see where I'm going with this...

I don't see us Fed fans crying over the fact Federer go Djokovic in his side of the draw for 5 of the last 6 slams.

vtmike
05-22-2009, 03:37 PM
I've already answered that in the other thread. Anybody would want to trade places with Fed's quarter which is an absolute walk in the park but nobody would want to get Djoko in the semis for sure! If Djoko stumbles at any point, Fed's draw will officially become the easiest slam draw of the decade (until final) but all that's on paper anyway, on the court strange things can always happen...

Dancing around the question will not help...Just answer yes or no...I noticed you haven't voted yet...

P_Agony
05-22-2009, 03:38 PM

Nadal's AO draw until the semis, where he potentially meets Murray, was a walk in the park. And then comes Verdasco instead of Murray, a much easier opponent on paper, and gives Nadal one of the hardest matches in his life.

vtmike
05-22-2009, 03:38 PM
It's not everyone, it's just gj011 and some *******s, who will claim Federer got the easiest draw even if he gets Nalbandian in the 1st round, Tsonga in 2nd, you see where I'm going with this...

I don't see us Fed fans crying over the fact Federer got Djokovic in his side of the draw for 5 of the last 6 slams.

Wow that's something...So weird I have never heard Fed fans crying over that fact...I wonder why :)

tennisplaya
05-22-2009, 03:39 PM
http://www.blog4brains.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/yawning.jpg

vtmike
05-22-2009, 03:41 PM
^^^

Congratulations! You can google images...I did not force you to enter this thread...anyways since you are in, why don't you just vote and stop being immature!

You are one of what gj011 calls "Another fresh green troll from the Nadal fresh green troll army" :lol:

tennisplaya
05-22-2009, 03:42 PM
^^^

Congratulations! You can google images...I did not force you to enter this thread...anyways since you are in, why don't you just vote and stop being immature!

what was the question again? :lol:

vtmike
05-22-2009, 03:43 PM
If voting yes, please explain why...

veroniquem
05-22-2009, 03:45 PM
Nadal's AO draw until the semis, where he potentially meets Murray, was a walk in the park. And then comes Verdasco instead of Murray, a much easier opponent on paper, and gives Nadal one of the hardest matches in his life.
Did you know that before the AO started, Fed played an exhibition tournament and one of his matches was against Verdasco and it was very hard fought and Fed subsequently stated that Verdasco was his dark horse for AO?
Verdasco did NOT come out of the blue, given the way he'd played vs Murray and Tsonga, everyone knew he was a player on a hot streak (like Tsonga in 2008) and he would be tough to beat for Rafa.

veroniquem
05-22-2009, 03:49 PM
Wow that's something...So weird I have never heard Fed fans crying over that fact...I wonder why :)
And what do you think you're doing right now?

vtmike
05-22-2009, 03:50 PM
what was the question again? :lol:

delete post

gj011
05-22-2009, 03:53 PM
As I said. Not sure about Nadal, but I am quite sure Djokovic would trade his draw for Federer's in a sec.

tennisplaya
http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z312/AmyAlways/Owned.gif

Whats the point of that?

gj011
I voted both, since it makes no sense for this poll to be multiple choice poll and it was still made that way.

PS Disgusting tasteless picture BTW. You should not post that.

danb
05-22-2009, 03:55 PM
My guess - Nole can't beat Rafa in 5 sets.
I'd say Rafa would trade his half for Fed's half any time.

Nadal_Freak
05-22-2009, 03:57 PM
I'm pretty sure Djokovic will get to the Semis so I say no.

vtmike
05-22-2009, 04:00 PM
I voted both, since it makes no sense for this poll to be multiple choice poll.

Yeah sorry about the multiple choice part...I realized that after I created the poll :D

but anyways I hope people only vote for one...

vtmike
05-22-2009, 04:03 PM
Whats the point of that?

Whats the question again? :lol:

tennisplaya
05-22-2009, 04:06 PM
Whats the question again? :lol:

I vote that you swiftly get rid of that tasteless picture.

vtmike
05-22-2009, 04:10 PM
I vote that you swiftly get rid of that tasteless picture.

Don't quote the picture if you don't like it so much...

veroniquem
05-22-2009, 04:16 PM
As I said. Not sure about Nadal, but I am quite sure Djokovic would trade his draw for Federer's in a sec.
Absolutely. You should do a poll. It would be much more relevant than this one.

vtmike
05-22-2009, 04:24 PM
Absolutely. You should do a poll. It would be much more relevant than this one.

Djokovic & Fed are in the SAME half!!! You really think the opponents upto the QF are going to make that big of a difference?

veroniquem
05-22-2009, 04:25 PM
Djokovic & Fed are in the SAME half!!! You really think the opponents upto the QF are going to make that big of a difference?
YES. Of course. What an absurd question.

vtmike
05-22-2009, 04:27 PM
YES. Of course. What an absurd question.

Look at the big picture and the big players not the first round players....and all the big players that can cause damage to Rafa are in Fed's half...

rubberduckies
05-22-2009, 04:35 PM
^^^

You are one of what gj011 calls "Another fresh green troll from the Nadal fresh green troll army" :lol:

LMAO. All you do in your posts is snip images.

Why are Nadalfans so much smarter than *******s?

vtmike
05-22-2009, 04:41 PM

Sure...you are a prime example of smartness... :lol:

btw you really need medical attention... :neutral:

veroniquem
05-22-2009, 04:46 PM
Look at the big picture and the big players not the first round players....and all the big players that can cause damage to Rafa are in Fed's half...
"All the big players"? There is only 1 player (in Fed's part of the draw) that can do a little damage to Rafa and it's Djoko. I agree Djoko is in Fed's half and I'm content with that :)

vtmike
05-22-2009, 04:47 PM
"All the big players"? There is only 1 player (in Fed's part of the draw) that can do a little damage to Rafa and it's Djoko. I agree Djoko is in Fed's half and I'm content with that :)

Who apart from DelPo & Djokovic can cause any damage to Nadal whatsoever?

Nadal_Freak
05-22-2009, 04:48 PM
Ferrer, Wawrinka, and Verdasco. Haven't you been paying attention? lol

NamRanger
05-22-2009, 04:50 PM

Nadal's Wimbledon 06 draw is still probably the easiest draw I have ever seen.

NamRanger
05-22-2009, 04:50 PM

You seriously think Ferrer, Wawrinka, or Verdasco are actually going to give Nadal a challenge? Do you even remember what Nadal did to Verdasco at the last FO?

veroniquem
05-22-2009, 04:52 PM
I don't think Delpo could cause damage to Rafa on clay. I guess we'll know only if he makes the final...

vtmike

LMAO!!! Why are Ferrer, Wawrinka & Verdasco bigger threats than DelPo & Djokovic?

Nadal_Freak
You seriously think Ferrer, Wawrinka, or Verdasco are actually going to give Nadal a challenge? Do you even remember what Nadal did to Verdasco at the last FO?
Everyone who has been following tennis knows how much better Verdasco is in 2009. Anything before that doesn't count imo. Gil Reyes has helped his fitness a ton.

vtmike
05-22-2009, 04:53 PM
Everyone who has been following tennis knows how much better Verdasco is in 2009. Anything before that doesn't count imo. Gil Reyes has helped his fitness a ton.

What has Verdasco done after that AO match as compared to DelPo & Djokovic?

P_Agony
05-22-2009, 04:55 PM
Did you know that before the AO started, Fed played an exhibition tournament and one of his matches was against Verdasco and it was very hard fought and Fed subsequently stated that Verdasco was his dark horse for AO?
Verdasco did NOT come out of the blue, given the way he'd played vs Murray and Tsonga, everyone knew he was a player on a hot streak (like Tsonga in 2008) and he would be tough to beat for Rafa.

except that their H2H was like 7-0.

I can say the same for Roddick against Fed. Roddick was on a hot streak, beating Djokovic, showing his best form in years, yet people call Roddick a joke draw for Federer, and that's only because of their H2H.

Nadal_Freak
05-22-2009, 04:55 PM
LMAO!!! Why are Ferrer, Wawrinka & Verdasco bigger threats than DelPo & Djokovic?
Lmao. I didn't say they were bigger. But I do think they are better than Del Potro on clay. More spin on their shots. Roland Garros takes spin very well. Probably better than anywhere else. The flat shots just won't do it here for Del Potro imo. But Djokovic is by far the toughest of the 5 names mentioned. I'm glad he is on Fed's side. :)

veroniquem
05-22-2009, 04:56 PM
Verdasco is playing much better than last year. You haven't noticed?

veroniquem
05-22-2009, 04:57 PM
except that their H2H was like 7-0.

I can say the same for Roddick against Fed. Roddick was on a hot streak, beating Djokovic, showing his best form in years, yet people call Roddick a joke draw for Federer, and that's only because of their H2H.
No that's because it's CLAY. That's because RG is Roddick's worst tournament by far.

P_Agony
05-22-2009, 04:59 PM
No that's because it's CLAY. That's because RG is Roddick's worst tournament by far.

So you clearly didn't watch Madrid. Roddick was playing some of his best tennis against Federer. He was also the only one to take a set off him.

Nadal_Freak
05-22-2009, 04:59 PM
What has Verdasco done after that AO match as compared to DelPo & Djokovic?
Verdasco beats everyone not named Nadal, Federer, and Djokovic. That is something. His forehand should be really effective at RG. I expect him in the QF's here.

NamRanger
05-22-2009, 05:00 PM

Everyone who has been following tennis knows how much better Federer was from 2004-2007. Any matches against Nadal outside of that period don't count.

See, I just applied your logic there!

Despite the fact that Nadal was playing terrible tennis, and the conditions were against him, he still beat Verdasco in straight sets at Madrid. He's not going to lose to Verdasco, nor have any trouble against him on a slow and high bouncing clay.

Do realize that Nadal has beaten Verdasco 9 times, with no losses. Despite the fact that Verdasco was playing the tennis of his life on a HC, he STILL lost to Nadal. And the last time they played at RG, Nadal beat him 6-1, 6-0, 6-2, in under 2 hours for a slam match. No; Verdasco will not trouble Nadal at all.

Ferrer and Wawrinka? Have they done anything notable as of late? Wawrinka got a win over Federer after his wedding at MC. Woopty doo! Ferrer? What has he done? Beat Djokovic on clay in Davis Cup? They don't have the game to beat Nadal or even give him any trouble at RG anyways.

vtmike
05-22-2009, 05:00 PM
Lmao. I didn't say they were bigger. But I do think they are better than Del Potro on clay. More spin on their shots. Roland Garros takes spin very well. Probably better than anywhere else. The flat shots just won't do it here for Del Potro imo. But Djokovic is by far the toughest of the 5 names mentioned. I'm glad he is on Fed's side. :)

Well all that matters is that DelPo and Djokovic are the only guys who have had success against Nadal this year along with Fed...So its safe to say Nadal would not switch draws with Federer...don't you agree?

NamRanger
05-22-2009, 05:01 PM

You said Del Potro was Nadal's biggest threat at RG. Plain and simple, you are a hypocrite.

P_Agony
05-22-2009, 05:02 PM
Verdasco beats everyone not named Nadal, Federer, and Djokovic. That is something. His forehand should be really effective at RG. I expect him in the QF's here.

If he can't beat them, you can't really consider him a top contender for the title.

He had his chances against Nadal, yet Nadal is leading the H2H something like 9-0. Verdasco's performence at RG last year was rather pathetic too. Don't get me wrong, I'd love for Verdasco to do well on every tourny he plays in. But the fact remains - his AO 2009 hot streak is over. He's more consistent than he was before, yes, but he's not showing the fire he did at the AO.

vtmike
05-22-2009, 05:02 PM
You said Del Potro was Nadal's biggest threat at RG. Plain and simple, you are a hypocrite.

Exactly!!

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=224900

Nadal_Freak
05-22-2009, 05:03 PM
Well all that matters is that DelPo and Djokovic are the only guys who have had success against Nadal this year along with Fed...So its safe to say Nadal would not switch draws with Federer...don't you agree?
I consider Verdasco a tougher player for Nadal than Del Po but Djokovic is the obvious answer to not switching places. He reads Nadal's game so well.

Mada
05-22-2009, 05:03 PM
There should be a "it won't matter" option. I have a strong feeling Nadal is going to make it to the finals either way. That being said, if I had to choose, it would be a "no". Djokovic, in my opinion is more of a threat to Nadal than Federer, and right now he's(Nadal) safe from both of them.

P_Agony
05-22-2009, 05:05 PM

You're forgetting Monfils, last year's semi finalist, who also happens to have a straight sets win this year over Nadal (in Doha). It's a shame he's injured.

Nadal_Freak
05-22-2009, 05:06 PM
If he can't beat them, you can't really consider him a top contender for the title.

He had his chances against Nadal, yet Nadal is leading the H2H something like 9-0. Verdasco's performence at RG last year was rather pathetic too. Don't get me wrong, I'd love for Verdasco to do well on every tourny he plays in. But the fact remains - his AO 2009 hot streak is over. He's more consistent than he was before, yes, but he's not showing the fire he did at the AO.
It is coming back. His injury held him back for awhile. He looked quite impressive in Madrid imo. Took Nadal 2 hours to finally dispatch him. Obviously if he has Nadal in his quarter every tournament on clay, he has no chance to prove that the Australian Open wasn't just a hot streak. Like I said, Nadal is just way above everyone else except for Djokovic. Verdasco is Nadal's 3rd toughest opponent on clay.

P_Agony
05-22-2009, 05:09 PM
It is coming back. His injury held him back for awhile. He looked quite impressive in Madrid imo. Took Nadal 2 hours to finally dispatch him. Obviously if he has Nadal in his quarter every tournament on clay, he has no chance to prove that the Australian Open wasn't just a hot streak. Like I said, Nadal is just way above everyone else except for Djokovic. Verdasco is Nadal's 4th toughest opponent on clay.

Your post reeks of hatred for Federer. Federer was the one to beat Nadal on clay for 2 times. Djokovic did this zero times. How is Djokovic a bigger threat is beyond me.

NamRanger
05-22-2009, 05:10 PM
It is coming back. His injury held him back for awhile. He looked quite impressive in Madrid imo. Took Nadal 2 hours to finally dispatch him. Obviously if he has Nadal in his quarter every tournament on clay, he has no chance to prove that the Australian Open wasn't just a hot streak. Like I said, Nadal is just way above everyone else except for Djokovic. Verdasco is Nadal's 3rd toughest opponent on clay.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...... .........

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...... ..........

P_Agony
05-22-2009, 05:12 PM
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...... .........

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...... ..........

Yup, it's funny. He first wrote 4th toughest and then edited it to 3rd.

Yes, Verdasco is a bigger threat to Nadal on clay than Federer is...whatever you say NF...

Nadal_Freak
05-22-2009, 05:13 PM
Your post reeks of hatred for Federer. Federer was the one to beat Nadal on clay for 2 times. Djokovic did this zero times. How is Djokovic a bigger threat is beyond me.
6-1 6-3 6-0 ring a bell? :lol: Fed's serve is not that effective against Nadal here. No altitude or funny bounces for Nadal to deal with compared with Madrid. Djokovic has a much better shot of winning points with Nadal in long rallys as his 2-handed backhand is perfectly suited for the high ball. Not the case with Fed.

Nadal_Freak
05-22-2009, 05:14 PM

Yes, Verdasco is a bigger threat to Nadal on clay than Federer is...whatever you say NF...
Haha at you Fed fans can't count.
1. Djokovic
2. Federer
3. Verdasco. ;)

NamRanger
05-22-2009, 05:14 PM
6-1 6-3 6-0 ring a bell? :lol: Fed's serve is not that effective against Nadal here. No altitude or funny bounces for Nadal to deal with compared with Madrid. Djokovic has a much better shot of winning points with Nadal in long rallys as his 2-handed backhand is perfectly suited for the high ball. Not the case with Fed.

Wait; who's taken sets and beaten Nadal on clay in the past 4 years or so?

OH WAIT. That would be Roger Federer.

P_Agony
05-22-2009, 05:15 PM
So according to Nadal's Freak:

1) Del Potro is Nadal's biggest threat on RG.
2) Del Potro is not the biggest threat to Nadal on RG.
3) Verdasco is the 4th toughest oponnent to Nadal on RG.
4) Verdasco is the 3rd toughest oponnent to Nadal on RG.
5) Djokovic is the world's 2nd best clay courter.
6) Federer who?

At least be decisive, NF...:neutral:

NamRanger
05-22-2009, 05:16 PM
So accrding to Nadal's Freak:

6) Federer who?

At least be decisive, NF...:neutral:

Haha, you are getting beat up and down NF.

P_Agony
05-22-2009, 05:16 PM
6-1 6-3 6-0 ring a bell?

Better than the 3 games Verdasco won...

It's funny you only mention FO 2008, as if the 2006 and 2007 matches weren't competitive.

Mada
05-22-2009, 05:17 PM

You do realize him being the 3rd biggest threat leaves room for Djokovic and Federer as the top two, right?

Nadal_Freak
05-22-2009, 05:17 PM
Wait; who's taken sets and beaten Nadal on clay in the past 4 years or so?

OH WAIT. That would be Roger Federer.
That would be prime Federer and skinnier Djokovic back in the day. Djokovic has definitely gotten stronger and Fed has definitely gotten slower. Djokovic beat Fed in Rome this year as well and Fed is usually a bad matchup for Djokovic. I really think you Fed fans don't give Djokovic enough respect.

P_Agony
05-22-2009, 05:18 PM
You do realize him being the 3rd biggest threat leaves room for Djokovic and Federer as the top two, right?

I do, it was just too funny how he wrote 4th and quickly changed it to 3rd.

Mada
05-22-2009, 05:19 PM

Why is that so funny?

It could have just been a typo.

P_Agony
05-22-2009, 05:20 PM
That would be prime Federer and skinnier Djokovic back in the day. Djokovic has definitely gotten stronger and Fed has definitely gotten slower. Djokovic beat Fed in Rome this year as well and Fed is usually a bad matchup for Djokovic. I really think you Fed fans don't give Djokovic enough respect.

But didn't you say about a week ago Federer is still at his prime? how can he be at his prime if he's "definitely gotten slower"?

Again you cannot agree with yourself...

P_Agony
Why is that so funny?

It could have just been a typo.

Nah, it was a "How can I disrespect Federer a bit more?"

Nadal_Freak
Yes I realized it pretty quickly. Amazing how quick you caught my post. It was up there for like 30 seconds. But yeah the Del Potro thread was a fail. Though he has done pretty well by beating Wawrinka twice as well as Murray.

P_Agony
05-22-2009, 05:22 PM
Yes I realized it pretty quickly. Amazing how quick you caught my post. It was up there for like 30 seconds. But yeah the Del Potro thread was a fail. Though he has done pretty well by beating Wawrinka twice as well as Murray.

Alright!

Now we can talk...

I just think that if Delpo and Verdasco would have met at RG, it'd be Del Potro winning.

Nadal_Freak
05-22-2009, 05:22 PM
But didn't you say about a week ago Federer is still at his prime? how can he be at his prime if he's "definitely gotten slower"?

When did I say that?

P_Agony
05-22-2009, 05:24 PM
When did I say that?

When Gamesampras opened a thread about Federer's era being weak, you said Federer is still in his prime, it's just the competition has gotten better.

vtmike
05-22-2009, 05:26 PM

Yeah I remember him saying that...LOL Nadal_Freak you are getting owned right now... :lol:

Nadal_Freak
05-22-2009, 05:26 PM
When Gamesampras opened a thread about Federer's era being weak, you said Federer is still in his prime, it's just the competition has gotten better.
Oh yeah. :twisted:

P_Agony
05-22-2009, 05:27 PM
Oh yeah. :twisted:

Then like I said, you cannot agree with yourself.

This thread has proved without a shadow of a doubt Nadal's Freak has two personalities, or a very short term memory...

T1000
05-22-2009, 05:29 PM

6-4 6-4 on CLAY in SPAIN LAST WEEKEND ring a bell

P_Agony
05-22-2009, 05:31 PM
An updated list.

According to Nadal's Freak:

6) Federer has definitely gotten slower - thus he's past his prime
7) Federer is still in his prime, it's just the competition that's gotten better.

And I wonder, will Nadal's Freak ever agree with himself?

lambielspins
05-22-2009, 05:33 PM
An updated list.

According to Nadal's Freak:

6) Federer has definitely gotten slower - thus he's past his prime
7) Federer is still in his prime, it's just the competition that's gotten better.

In the case of people like Nadal_Freak no matter how many different clown suits he tries he will always be a clown.

Nadal_Freak
05-22-2009, 05:34 PM
I agree with 2, 4, 5, and 6. 1 was a wild prediction, 3 was up for 30 seconds before it got corrected, and 7 I had some fun with in that thread. lol

P_Agony
05-22-2009, 05:36 PM
I agree with 2, 4, 5, and 6. 1 was a wild prediction, 3 was up for 30 seconds before it got corrected, and 7 I had some fun with in that thread. lol

That's the problem! You agree with all of them. And then you don't. And then you do. And then you're not sure. And then you just say something nasty about Federer just to change the subject. :)

Nadal_Freak
05-22-2009, 05:37 PM
That's the problem! You agree with all of them. And then you don't. And then you do. And then you're not sure. And then you just say something nasty about Federer just to change the subject. :)
I will make sure to be consistent with 2, 4, 5, and 6 for now on then.

kraggy
05-22-2009, 05:42 PM
Without being disrespectful to the other players, really only 3 players matter for RG - Nadal , Fed , Djoker. So I have to say that Fed has the tougher draw because he has to beat 2 good players while Nadal only needs to beat one.

I think pre semis , players in Nadals half might be slightly better clay courters but that will probably not play any role because I dont expect even someone as good as Ferrer to take a set off Nadal.

I don't think tiredness will be an issue for either Nadal or Fed in the final - Fed because his game is not very demanding, Nadal because he is a beast and RG means way too much to him. So from that angle, Djoker in Nadals half would not have made a difference in Nadals preparedness for the final , but of course it would have meant that Nadal would not be assured of a finalist spot by default(like he is now)! Djoker is going to have it really tough though because even if he beats Fed , he will probably need more than 3 sets and will be tired for the finals.

GameSampras
05-22-2009, 05:45 PM
Up until the semis.. Hell yes Nadal would. Blake? Roddick? Berdych? LOL.. Nadal should definitely be happy as a kitten though he doesnt have to deal with Djoker in the semis though. Though who knows. Nadal is a beast at RG. Hell Djoker couldnt even overcome Nadal on faster clay so he definitely cant handle a Nadal out for blood at RG on a slower clay surface

vtmike
05-22-2009, 06:04 PM
Up until the semis.. Hell yes Nadal would. Blake? Roddick? Berdych? LOL.. Nadal should definitely be happy as a kitten though he doesnt have to deal with Djoker in the semis though. Though who knows. Nadal is a beast at RG. Hell Djoker couldnt even overcome Nadal on faster clay so he definitely cant handle a Nadal out for blood at RG on a slower clay surface

Alright so what is your answer to the poll? I notice you haven't voted...:rolleyes:

Its very simple ...Yes or No?

GameSampras
05-22-2009, 06:06 PM
Alright so what is your answer to the poll? I notice you haven't voted...:rolleyes:

Its very simple ...Yes or No?

Isnt there a "maybe" option?

Yes Nadal would trade places with Fed. No doubt. Djoker cant beat Nadal at RG.

iamgoat
05-22-2009, 06:06 PM
Yes. Federer has a joke of a draw.

T1000
05-22-2009, 06:07 PM
No.

Its Nadal on clay, it doesnt matter who he plays

vtmike
05-22-2009, 06:10 PM
Yes. Federer has a joke of a draw.

So Nadal would much rather play Djokovic & DelPotro? Can you elaborate?

Franz
05-22-2009, 06:10 PM
never even heard of such conspiracies, but seriously its RG, he doesn't care where he is, you could just have a 1vs1 at a time and hed still win

Mada
05-22-2009, 06:11 PM
Isnt there a "maybe" option?

Yes Nadal would trade places with Fed. No doubt. Djoker cant beat Nadal at RG.

Stranger things have happened; although, it is unlikely.

IvanAndreevich
05-22-2009, 06:15 PM
I voted Yes because Nadal doesn't care. He could probably defeat every person in the draw in straights playing 2-3 matches per day.

vtmike
05-22-2009, 06:22 PM
I voted Yes because Nadal doesn't care. He could probably defeat every person in the draw in straights playing 2-3 matches per day.

I agree but there are so many who were arguing with me about how poor Nadal always ends up with a tougher draw and how Fed always gets a cakewalk of a draw...

sh@de
05-22-2009, 06:43 PM
No.

Its Nadal on clay, it doesnt matter who he plays

LOL yeh that's what I said before. It's Nadal, he couldn't care less about the draw. He's out to dominate and nobody's gonna stop him.

Ripster
05-22-2009, 07:01 PM
Nadal's quarter is tougher obviously with Wawrinka, Davydenko, Verdasco and Ferrer. But that doesn't really matter because Nadal owns all these guys anyway. If he switched with Federer he'd most likely have to play Djokovic in the semi-finals who he probably fears more than all of those other guys combined.

grafselesfan
05-22-2009, 09:24 PM
Nadal's draw doesnt mean anything. He is a 110% lock to win the French coming and going, especialy among the current clay court field. Federer and Djokovic are good clay courters but not in Nadal's league, in a best 3 of 5 on true red clay at the French Nadal's 70% beats their 100%. The matches at Madrid mean nothing, that wasnt even a real clay court and Nadal was playing pretty awful there the whole event. He wont turn up in that kind of form for the French and this is real clay now, and best 3 of 5 vs the fittest and mentally toughest player on tour by far. The only way he would lose the French possibly is if you gave him this draw:

First round- prime Muster
Second round- prime Vilas
Third round- prime Wilander
Fourth round- prime Lendl
Quarters- prime Laver
Semis- prime Rosewall
Final- prime Borg

Even then he probably still guts it out somehow.

grafselesfan
05-22-2009, 09:28 PM
Nadal's quarter is tougher obviously with Wawrinka, Davydenko, Verdasco and Ferrer. But that doesn't really matter because Nadal owns all these guys anyway. If he switched with Federer he'd most likely have to play Djokovic in the semi-finals who he probably fears more than all of those other guys combined.

I like Djokovic but I doubt Nadal fears him. Djokovic playing his absolute best couldnt even finish off a very subpar Nadal on joke clay (blue clay, LOL!). What on earth is he going to do vs a charged up Nadal in best 3 of 5 sets on red French Open clay. That being said I agree those guys you mentioned will be nothing but batting practice for Nadal.

tennisplaya
05-22-2009, 10:44 PM

Nadal would swap to let Wawrinka destroy Federer again.

Pain: Roger Federer lost in just the third round in Monaco
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/01385/roger-federer_1385929c.jpg

okdude1992
05-22-2009, 10:47 PM
no unless djokovic is upset, then he will be a challenge in the semis for fed. so in terms of easiness of draw yea nadals early rounds may be a bit harder. But it doesn't matter as it would be SHOCKING if anyone other than djokovic or fed hurts nadal. and because they are on the same side of the draw this is a better draw overall for rafa.

tacou
05-22-2009, 11:10 PM
the real question is would TSONGA trade for julien benneteau's draw??

Mkie7
05-22-2009, 11:34 PM
opps I messed up... supposed to vote no.. chowry !

Ripster
05-23-2009, 12:07 AM
I like Djokovic but I doubt Nadal fears him. Djokovic playing his absolute best couldnt even finish off a very subpar Nadal on joke clay (blue clay, LOL!). What on earth is he going to do vs a charged up Nadal in best 3 of 5 sets on red French Open clay. That being said I agree those guys you mentioned will be nothing but batting practice for Nadal.

I shouldn't have said 'fear' this is RG after all and Nadal has never lost in Paris. He fears no one and for good reason.

Madrid was on red clay btw.

BreakPoint
05-23-2009, 01:02 AM
It's official. I think the only way you wouldn't think Federer had the easiest quarter in tennis history is if he had to play Nadal in the 1st round. :-?

Do you know why Federer's draw seems "easy" to you? Because he's the 2nd best clay court player in the world so no matter who was in his quarter he is favored to get to the semis (as he has for 4 straight years) since he has beaten just about everyone on clay.

IvanAndreevich
05-23-2009, 01:21 AM
I agree but there are so many who were arguing with me about how poor Nadal always ends up with a tougher draw and how Fed always gets a cakewalk of a draw...

Remember I said they were going to complain about the draw a week before? Especially gj011 and Nadal_Freak. It's inevitable.

The funny thing is that if you asked them to make a medium and a hard draw for Federer they would probably fall on their face.

allcourter2008
05-23-2009, 01:40 AM
Verdasco played well during AO, but he still is a terrible choker whenever he faces either Nadal or Verdasco. Even worse than Davydenko.

sh@de
05-23-2009, 01:54 AM
Remember I said they were going to complain about the draw a week before? Especially gj011 and Nadal_Freak. It's inevitable.

The funny thing is that if you asked them to make a medium and a hard draw for Federer they would probably fall on their face.

Yeah I remember. Darn you and your predictions :p. They do get on your nerves a bit don't they?

DarthMaul
05-23-2009, 02:09 AM
In *******s' opinion, a hard draw for Federer is a draw where all of his opponents are named Rafael Nadal.

vtmike
05-23-2009, 05:58 AM

Yes they complain so much and yet they voted NO here ;)

So its really that simple...If Nadal would not want to switch draws with Fed, it means Fed has a tougher draw right? Or am I missing something?
(I know eventually it does not matter but relatively speaking)

All-rounder
05-23-2009, 06:09 AM

Yeah i find that quite funny as they spent the last 2 weeks with the nadal is injured BS and then the djokovic should be the true champion and that federer should split prize money

Now that federer and djokovic are on the same side of the draw now I expect no excuses from them

fps
05-23-2009, 06:22 AM
i notice lots of people talking about *quarters*, lots of talk about federer and nadal, and very few people answering the question.

there are two players who have the confidence, and have shown the skill, to take down nadal on clay. they're long shots, but they're the only two you'd even consider betting on doing it. they're federer and djokovic. nadal is apart from federer because of seeding, and djokovic because of the draw. any amount of second tier fodder (and i'm sorry, but when you're talking nadal on clay, that's all ferrer, wawrinka etc are to him) would gladly be taken over the possibility of playing djokovic for 5 hours in the semi-final.

so, to answer the OP's QUESTION, which is being avoided in discussion, it's clear that nadal will be, not relieved (he is heavy favourite in any clay match he plays, he fears no one), but pleased, to have avoided djokovic. 5 hours of djokovic could have killed him for the final. as i said above, he is one of two players who have any legitimate shot at winning a match against nadal on clay.

vtmike
05-23-2009, 06:30 AM
i notice lots of people talking about *quarters*, lots of talk about federer and nadal, and very few people answering the question.

there are two players who have the confidence, and have shown the skill, to take down nadal on clay. they're long shots, but they're the only two you'd even consider betting on doing it. they're federer and djokovic. nadal is apart from federer because of seeding, and djokovic because of the draw. any amount of second tier fodder (and i'm sorry, but when you're talking nadal on clay, that's all ferrer, wawrinka etc are to him) would gladly be taken over the possibility of playing djokovic for 5 hours in the semi-final.

so, to answer the OP's QUESTION, which is being avoided in discussion, it's clear that nadal will be, not relieved (he is heavy favourite in any clay match he plays, he fears no one), but pleased, to have avoided djokovic. 5 hours of djokovic could have killed him for the final. as i said above, he is one of two players who have any legitimate shot at winning a match against nadal on clay.

You hit the nail right on the head with that post! I agree!

tennisplaya
05-23-2009, 06:46 AM
You hit the nail right on the head with that post! I agree!

Congratulations you've made a poll confirming Nadal's positive mindset, he couldn't care less what his draw is and wouldn't bother swapping even though Federer has an easier draw.

http://blogs.townonline.com/cambridge/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/lol1.jpg

Rickson
05-23-2009, 06:48 AM
I voted yes and no because the op made multiple choice an option.

Serendipitous
05-23-2009, 06:54 AM
I'm sure Nadal would not want Djokovic on his half, needless to say.

Let Federer deal with him. :twisted:

tennisplaya
05-23-2009, 07:05 AM
Nole wouldn't swap draws with Murray I can guarantee you that. Nole has too much respect for Nadal's game.

bolo
05-23-2009, 07:05 AM

It's because we don't have nadal, djokovic and murray problems. Our lives are problem free, so we can focus on our studies! :)

Serendipitous
05-23-2009, 07:06 AM
Nole wouldn't swap draws with Murray I can guarantee you that. Nole has too much respect for Nadal's game.

Well, Djokovic definitely believes he can beat Nadal, and he practically did....so I wouldn't say Djokovic's respect prevents him from playing well against Nadal.

bolo
05-23-2009, 07:07 AM

At least your know you have a historian tracking your every move. Maybe you will have a best seller about your life on TW one day Nadal_Freak. :)

vtmike
05-23-2009, 07:10 AM
Congratulations you've made a poll confirming Nadal's positive mindset, he couldn't care less what his draw is and wouldn't bother swapping even though Federer has an easier draw.

Yeah very insightful post there again "TheNatural" :roll: ...I never disputed that Nadal will go into RG with a positive mindset...Obviously he will! The poll was a simple Yes & No question...and btw if you haven't noticed 73% say he would not swap his draw with Fed, which means Fed has a tougher draw (and that is what I wanted to prove)

Good to know you still have the ability to google images after your ban...:lol: You seem to be a very visual person? like pictures?

bolo
05-23-2009, 07:10 AM

It really doesn't matter for him. He would probably let his girlfriend make this very important decision. :)

vtmike
05-23-2009, 07:12 AM
It's because we don't have nadal, djokovic and murray problems. Our lives are problem free, so we can focus on our studies! :)

With your brain, I would infact recommend you focus on your studies REALLY hard! :lol:

Atleast the rest of us know how to use our brain...You clearly need to be educated in that area...

bolo
05-23-2009, 07:12 AM
Nadal would swap to let Wawrinka destroy Federer again.

Pain: Roger Federer lost in just the third round in Monaco
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/01385/roger-federer_1385929c.jpg

lol. 10 char. :)

bolo
05-23-2009, 07:14 AM
With you brain, I would infact recommend you focus on your studies REALLY hard! :lol:

I think that was a compliment......thanks vtmike. :)

vtmike
05-23-2009, 07:17 AM
I think that was a compliment......thanks vtmike. :)

Sure whatever you say buddy...want a cookie? ;) now chill...and tell me seriously why do you think this poll is so bad? It was just a simple question I wanted answered...Whats so wrong about that?

bolo
05-23-2009, 07:19 AM
Sure whatever you say buddy...want a cookie? ;) now chill...and tell me seriously why do you think this poll is so bad? It was just a simple question I wanted answered...Whats so wrong about that?

shouldn't give your cookies away vtmike....fed. might need them after the 5 hr marathon with alberto martin. :) That's going to take a lot out of him.

bolo
05-23-2009, 07:20 AM

Nothing. I am enjoying the thread. :) I voted if you noticed. :)

vtmike
05-23-2009, 07:21 AM
Nothing. I am enjoying the thread. :) I voted if you noticed. :)

I'm glad that you are happy... :D

tennisplaya
05-23-2009, 07:23 AM
Vtmike, You have very strange ideas.

I voted NO if you didn't notice so your poll accomplished nothing once again. Nadal is indifferent about whichever poll he gets.But I'm sure if you make a new poll asking if Fed would swap his 1/4 with anyone elses that the answer will be a definitive NO.

I'm glad you stopped using those tasteless images as I advised you, NO ONE wants to see that on a public forum so well done. I also noticed that your sponsorship with creepyimages has also ended. :lol:

tennisplaya
05-23-2009, 07:24 AM

I voted NO if you didn't notice so your poll accomplished nothing once again. Nadal is indifferent about whichever poll he gets.But I'm sure if you make a new poll asking if Fed would swap his 1/4 with anyone elses that the answer will be a definitive NO.

I'm glad you stopped using those tasteless images as I advised you, NO ONE wants to see that on a public forum so well done. I also noticed that your sponsorship with creepyimages has also ended. :lol:

I mean indifferent about whichever draw he gets

bolo
05-23-2009, 07:26 AM
I mean indifferent about whichever draw he gets

more or less indifferent. I think if you offered nadal a box of chocolate chip cookies, he would make the switch. ;)

vtmike
05-23-2009, 07:27 AM

What was the question again? :lol:

tennisplaya
05-23-2009, 07:30 AM
more or less indifferent. I think if you offered nadal a box of chocolate chip cookies, he would make the switch. ;)

lol. You have a valid point, who wouldn't accept a box of cookies to watch this all over again.

bolo
05-23-2009, 07:35 AM
lol. You have a valid point, who wouldn't accept a box of cookies to watch this all over again.

Man he and murray just start going crazy when they are losing matches. For fed. I used to only notice it versus nadal, but now other guys are bringing this out in him too.

tennisplaya
05-23-2009, 07:48 AM
Man he and murray just start going crazy when they are losing matches. For fed. I used to only notice it versus nadal, but now other guys are bringing this out in him too.

Wodge is a fiesty one.And he said the Wawrinka loss didn't hurt so much because it was against a good guy. You should see when he loses to one of the 'bad guys', I think he considers Nadal and Nole the bad guys.

http://www.sportvital.cz/images/Tenis/roger_federer__scream.jpg

bolo
05-23-2009, 07:53 AM
Wodge is a fiesty one.And he said the Wawrinka loss didn't hurt so much because it was against a good guy. You should see when he loses to one of the 'bad guys', I think he considers Nadal and Nole the bad guys.

http://www.sportvital.cz/images/Tenis/roger_federer__scream.jpg

should take a little vacation.

http://data2.blog.de/media/812/1246812_2510e82f36_m.jpeg

tennisplaya
05-23-2009, 07:58 AM
:)

I'm waiting for Vtmikes new poll on whether Fed would swap 1/4's.

vtmike
05-23-2009, 08:15 AM
:)

I'm waiting for Vtmikes new poll on whether Fed would swap 1/4's.

I'm waiting you to stop trolling and do something useful with your life...but we both know that's not gonna happen :D

Nadal_Freak
05-23-2009, 08:33 AM
I think the draw was rigged to allow all 4 players to get to the semifinals. The weakest of those players got the easiest quarters. Murray and Federer being the weakest.

NamRanger
05-23-2009, 08:34 AM
I think the draw was rigged to allow all 4 players to get to the semifinals. The weakest of those players got the easiest quarters. Murray and Federer being the weakest.

The draw was done publicly. It is impossible for them to rig it. Give me a break. You make the most ridiculous claims ever.

thejoe
05-23-2009, 08:35 AM

Right. Federer the world number 2, is weaker than Djokovic, the world number 4...

tennisplaya
05-23-2009, 08:41 AM
I'm waiting you to stop trolling and do something useful with your life...but we both know that's not gonna happen :D

There's no personal attacks allowed on this forum. You're meant to share your opinions on the tennis. And you will be the first one banned for trolling because that's all you ever do.

So when is the new poll going up?It would really help answer whether Federer has the easier 1/4.

Nadal_Freak
05-23-2009, 08:45 AM
Right. Federer the world number 2, is weaker than Djokovic, the world number 4...
Not for long. Djokovic will be number 2 after Wimbledon imo.

vtmike
05-23-2009, 08:47 AM
There's no personal attacks allowed on this forum. You're meant to share your opinions on the tennis. And you will be the first one banned for trolling because that's all you ever do.

So when is the new poll going up?It would really help answer whether Federer has the easier 1/4.

That's a joke when 40 of your 51 posts are insults! :lol:

tennisplaya
05-23-2009, 09:00 AM
That's a joke when 40 of your 51 posts are insults! :lol:

You mean yours. Your angle is to troll all day and then when you get owned to try to retaliate by calling the person who owned you out. That's not very sporting. lol. Not very smart either.

SO when are you renewing your contract with creepygif. I'm glad those dopey gif images don't work any more. They were about 1 megabyte each and taking forever to load and clogging up the whole forum.

T1000
05-23-2009, 09:04 AM
You mean yours. Your angle is to troll all day and then when you get owned to try to retaliate by calling the person who owned you out. That's not very sporting. lol. Not very smart either.

SO when are you renewing your contract with creepygif. I'm glad those dopey gif images don't work any more. They were about 1 megabyte each and taking forever to load and clogging up the whole forum.

41 out of 52

tennisplaya
05-23-2009, 09:16 AM
41 out of 52

For you its 1075 out of 1076. The exception is the post you made about headbanging to acdsee and metalica music.

T1000
05-23-2009, 09:16 AM
For you its 1075 out of 1076. The exception is the post you made about headbanging to acdsee and metalica music.

42 out of 53

tennisplaya
05-23-2009, 09:24 AM
42 out of 53

1076 out of 1077.

Since you have too much time, try this:
http://www.psidea.org/images/BangHeadHere.gif

over and out

T1000
05-23-2009, 09:27 AM
1076 out of 1077.

Since you have too much time, try this:
http://www.psidea.org/images/BangHeadHere.gif

over and out

yup, recommending racquets and strings to other posters who want help is really insulting:shock:

All-rounder
05-23-2009, 09:35 AM
Nadal switch draws?? my opinon he has an easy draw
He already got a bye into the second round

tennisplaya
05-23-2009, 09:41 AM

really, when did that happen? did his first round opponent already withdraw?

tennisplaya
05-23-2009, 09:51 AM

I'd rather have a bye into the semi finals like Federer has.

All-rounder
05-23-2009, 10:05 AM
really, when did that happen? did his first round opponent already withdraw?
yeah he did for some strange reason probably fear :)

vtmike
05-23-2009, 10:06 AM
yup, recommending racquets and strings to other posters who want help is really insulting:shock:

You forgot to add 43 out of 56! ;)

sh@de
05-23-2009, 10:10 AM
42 out of 53

You guys keep count? :shock::-?

tennisplaya
05-23-2009, 10:17 AM
You forgot to add 43 out of 56! ;)

1727 of 1727

1727 useless posts, almost enough for a book of useless information :)

Mada
05-23-2009, 10:28 AM
1727 of 1727

1727 useless posts, almost enough for a book of useless information :)

To answer your original question, yes, Federer has the easier quarter. But, the quarterfinals of an entire draw is not as important as what happens in the semifinals and finals.

The fact that Federer will have to play Djokovic, or somebody who BEAT Djokovic in the semifinals(assuming he makes it), makes the draw as a whole more difficult than Nadal's.

I fail to see how you "owned" vtmike.

tennisplaya
05-23-2009, 10:28 AM
yeah he did for some strange reason probably fear :)

There must be a delay on the internet news its not out yet!:)

His opponent Marcos Daniel has been tearing through the qualies. He killed his last opponent 6-0 6-1 in the last round of qualies! he's the form player of the tournament!

tennisplaya
05-23-2009, 10:36 AM
To answer your original question, yes, Federer has the easier quarter. But, the quarterfinals of an entire draw is not as important as what happens in the semifinals and finals.

The fact that Federer will have to play Djokovic, or somebody who BEAT Djokovic in the semifinals(assuming he makes it), makes the draw as a whole more difficult than Nadal's.

I fail to see how you "owned" vtmike.

ownership= because the NO answers(like mine) reflect people's perception of Nadal's comfort with ANY draw. They do not reflect an easy of draw as the poll intended.Hope its clear for you now.

Anyways, 1/4 final draw is important too.They don't all just get a free pass to the semis. Federer would be ecstatic not to have Wawrinka in his 1/4 for example, as Wawrinka beat him well on the same type of REAL clay recently.I'm certain Federer would not swap his 1/4 for anyones. If you dont get past your 1/4, the semi draw is irrelevant.

Mada
05-23-2009, 10:41 AM
ownership= because the NO answers(like mine) reflect people's perception of Nadal's comfort with ANY draw. They do not reflect an easy of draw as the poll intended.Hope its clear for you now.

Anyways, 1/4 final draw is important too.They don't all just get a free pass to the semis. Federer would be ecstatic not to have Wawrinka in his 1/4 for example, as Wawrinka beat him well on the same type of REAL clay recently.I'm certain Federer would not swap his 1/4 for anyones. If you dont get past your 1/4, the semi draw is irrelevant.

I agree with that part. I agree that no matter who is in his draw, Nadal is going to make it into the final.

To the second part, I know that the QF means something, but it is not as important as the SF or F. The farther it gets into a tournament, the quality of players increase. In the SF and F, where the top 4 players of the tournament are shown--Federer has it worse. That is why I believe Nadal wouldn't switch his draw. Because even if there isn't a big chance, going against Djokovic before the finals isn't preferable.

tennisplaya
05-23-2009, 11:20 AM
I agree with that part. I agree that no matter who is in his draw, Nadal is going to make it into the final.

To the second part, I know that the QF means something, but it is not as important as the SF or F. The farther it gets into a tournament, the quality of players increase. In the SF and F, where the top 4 players of the tournament are shown--Federer has it worse. That is why I believe Nadal wouldn't switch his draw. Because even if there isn't a big chance, going against Djokovic before the finals isn't preferable.

Nole better not let everyone down by losing before the semis :)

Mada
05-23-2009, 12:01 PM
Nole better not let everyone down by losing before the semis :)

True that.

thejoe
05-23-2009, 01:37 PM

I don't think so. I think it is more wishful thinking on your part than anything else.

Nadal_Freak
05-23-2009, 01:41 PM
I don't think so. I think it is more wishful thinking on your part than anything else.
Not really. Djokovic has a lot of points to gain in Wimbledon and Fed has a lot of points to defend. Also I expect Djokovic to be in the finals of RG and not Fed. Lots of stuff happening in the next 6 weeks.

TheTruth
05-23-2009, 01:43 PM

Darn vt, can we use maybe?

It would be a good idea to swap because he wouldn't have that many claycourters in his half. That would guarantee him being fresh for the semis. And if he had an easy time of it he would have enough reserves to get past Djokovic.

So, if I can only answer yes or no. My answer is yes.

thejoe
05-23-2009, 01:44 PM
Not really. Djokovic has a lot of points to gain in Wimbledon and Fed has a lot of points to defend. Also I expect Djokovic to be in the finals of RG and not Fed. Lots of stuff happening in the next 6 weeks.

I still see Federer making the final at Wimbledon, and I don't see Nole making a significant enough run at Wimbledon to force it then. I can see it happening during the American hard-court season, but not as soon as Wimbledon.

grafselesfan
05-23-2009, 01:49 PM

It is hard to say for sure. I expect Federer to reach the Wimbledon final again. However I expect Djokovic to reach the semis (where he will lose to either Federer or Nadal who are both superior on grass). Federer would need to win the final over Nadal to come close to keeping his points edge on Djokovic from last years Wimbledon. Otherwise Djokovic gains alot. Then the French, again what will happen in that semifinal.

TheTruth
05-23-2009, 02:07 PM

Great post!

P_Agony
05-23-2009, 02:14 PM

So what you're saying is Federer will not reach the Wimbly final this year? You're saying Djokovic will reach the final and possibly win it?

FlamEnemY
05-23-2009, 03:08 PM
No, he's not saying that. Djokovic has no points to defend. If he reaches the semis, which is quite probable, he may gain enough points to become number 2. Of course this may be impossible if Federer wins Wimbledon.
Let's just wait and see.

Nadal_Freak
05-23-2009, 03:10 PM
No, he's not saying that. Djokovic has no points to defend. If he reaches the semis, which is quite probable, he may gain enough points to become number 2. Of course this may be impossible if Federer wins Wimbledon.
Let's just wait and see.
Finally someone with some sense. Djokovic can gain points in RG and Wimbledon. We'll see if it's enough.

P_Agony
05-23-2009, 04:30 PM
Finally someone with some sense. Djokovic can gain points in RG and Wimbledon. We'll see if it's enough.

Djokovic reached the RG semis last year. Sure, he can beat that this time by reaching the final, but let's be honest, the chances for him to win it are slim, and that's assuming he passes Federer in the semis.

As for Wimbly, true, he does have many points to win, but he can also lose points before Wimbly (he needs to reach the Halle final to make up for the Queens points he'll lose). Djokovic is yet to prove himself as a great grass player, so far his results do not fit his ranking.

After Wimbly - Djokovic will lose the points of the Olympics (way more than Federer), plus he has to defend semis at Canada and Cincy, while Federer basically has no points at all to defend at Canada and Cincy, as he lost 2nd/3rd round at each event.

I just doubt Djokovic can keep his current form until the end of the season, based on what we've seen in 2007, 2008.

Ripster
05-23-2009, 06:17 PM
Djokovic reached the RG semis last year. Sure, he can beat that this time by reaching the final, but let's be honest, the chances for him to win it are slim, and that's assuming he passes Federer in the semis.

As for Wimbly, true, he does have many points to win, but he can also lose points before Wimbly (he needs to reach the Halle final to make up for the Queens points he'll lose). Djokovic is yet to prove himself as a great grass player, so far his results do not fit his ranking.

After Wimbly - Djokovic will lose the points of the Olympics (way more than Federer), plus he has to defend semis at Canada and Cincy, while Federer basically has no points at all to defend at Canada and Cincy, as he lost 2nd/3rd round at each event.

I just doubt Djokovic can keep his current form until the end of the season, based on what we've seen in 2007, 2008.

Let's be honest it's likely that Djokovic will make the Roland Garros semis the way he's been playing and I think he'll make the final. It'll be a disappointing RG for him if he doesn't at least make the semifinals.

The points he'll most likely gain from a deep Wimbledon run will more than make up for the Queen's final. He's in a good position to gain points during the grass court season.

He loses points for the Olympics....big deal, so does Nadal and Federer and the points from this tournament aren't significant in the big picture. He has QUARTERFINAL points to defend in Montreal and FINAL points to defend in Cincinnati. Not semis like you've said.

Federer has the US Open title to defend and Novak only made the semifinals so that's a good position for him to gain points as well. The only tournament title that Novak has to defend from now all the way until the end of November is the Tennis Master's Cup! After his "disappointing" summer last year I'd say he's in a great position to gain points NOT lose them.

sh@de
05-23-2009, 07:10 PM

I agree with you, although I think it will be close. The way I see it, Djoker gains ground during the grass season (if you can even call that pathetically short period of time a SEASON) whereas Fed will gain points during the hardcourt season. I think Fed can win the USOpen again, so no worries about him dropping points there. Even if he doesn't win, he'll likely make the finals (Fed at slams is really another monster), and I think his results at Cincy and Montreal will more than make up for it.

vtmike
05-23-2009, 08:50 PM
Darn vt, can we use maybe?

It would be a good idea to swap because he wouldn't have that many claycourters in his half. That would guarantee him being fresh for the semis. And if he had an easy time of it he would have enough reserves to get past Djokovic.

So, if I can only answer yes or no. My answer is yes.

That's a good sensible post...I don't agree with it but I like the way you put your point across without any flaming & insults...refreshing change...

tennisplaya
05-23-2009, 09:37 PM
That's a good sensible post...I don't agree with it but I like the way you put your point across without any flaming & insults...refreshing change...

Where is the new poll ?

http://windsormedia.blogs.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/08/23/huh.jpg

vtmike
05-23-2009, 09:39 PM
^^^ I feel sorry for you...because you look so ugly! Is that why you are so frustrated? Can't find a boyfriend?

tennisplaya
05-23-2009, 09:47 PM
^^^ I feel sorry for you...

so you concede that Federer wouldn't swap his cakewalk draw? I see. ;)

vtmike
05-24-2009, 05:45 AM
so you concede that Federer wouldn't swap his cakewalk draw? I see. ;)

Do I think would swap his draw with Nadal? Yes he would! He has Djokovic in his half...why won't he?

tennisplaya
05-24-2009, 06:47 AM
Do I think would swap his draw with Nadal? Yes he would! He has Djokovic in his half...why won't he?

hurry up with the new poll :lol:

no swap so no crying after 1/4 final loss versus Wawrinka.

http://tenniselbowroom.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/federer-crying-aust-open-091.jpg

sh@de
05-24-2009, 07:41 AM

Exactly. 10 chars.

All-rounder
05-24-2009, 07:49 AM
So can federer at RG and wimbledon if he wins at either

R_Federer
05-24-2009, 07:52 AM
Just a question...IF Federer does happen to win both the French and Wimbledon beating Nadal in the finals in both of them...will he get really close to Nadal at #1?

All-rounder
05-24-2009, 08:04 AM
Just a question...IF Federer does happen to win both the French and Wimbledon beating Nadal in the finals in both of them...will he get really close to Nadal at #1?
He will be number 1 if he does because he then holds 3 of 4 slams including his US open title which he still is defending points from last year. If he were to just win Wimbledon or RG then he would be a couple points behind because of the master shields nadal has collected this season

P_Agony
05-26-2009, 03:02 AM

So you admit you were trolling in that other thread?

Blade0324
05-26-2009, 07:00 AM
I have to say no. He is probably really hoping to see Nole kick Rogers butt in the Semi.

veroniquem
05-26-2009, 10:29 AM
Dancing around the question will not help...Just answer yes or no...I noticed you haven't voted yet...
After thinking carefully about it, I'm gonna say yes. Federer's quarter is the biggest joke I've ever seen. The only difficulty in Fed's draw is Djoko. That's only one player. Now Djoko's quarter is much harder than Fed's, which means there is a chance that Djoko would either get upset before the semi or make the semi after tough matches, so not fresh. I'm gonna add to that the fact that I found Murray impressive vs Chela and having a weak quarter, in form Murray is practically guaranteed to make the semi and my final decision is yes, Nadal would be extremely lucky to have Fed's draw.
I'd like to add that if Fed can't win RG this year with the paperwrapped draw he's been gifted and everything else playing in his favor (like both Djoko and Nadal having the hardest draws), then I don't think he ever will. I mean how much better can it get for him really?

vtmike
05-26-2009, 10:34 AM
^^^ Alright fair enough...Even though I don't agree with your reasoning, I respect your opinion...

tennisplaya
05-30-2009, 08:37 AM
^^^ Alright fair enough...Even though I don't agree with your reasoning, I respect your opinion...

Wheres the new poll?? Federer has a cakewalk draw. Federer wouldn't swap his draw with anyone even if they gave him and Mirka a lifetime supply of doughnuts to swap.:)

Netherl_krajicek
05-30-2009, 08:41 AM
I'm pretty sure Djokovic will get to the Semis so I say no.

Same for me. So... no!

Serve_Ace
05-30-2009, 08:55 AM
When is Tennisplaya gonna get banned?