PDA

View Full Version : Murray: Significantly Improved Speed?

VictorS.
05-23-2009, 05:27 PM
They always said Murray had a deceptive speed about him. However, I don't know if it's this year or what, but the guy looks about as fast as anybody on tour in regards to movement around the court. Perhaps even as fast as Nadal & he moves perhaps more efficiently also.

This is not a post to question where this newfound speed came from. Perhaps he's just been really hitting the gym hard. Or perhaps he's just maturing physically & naturally getting faster. It just seems like a huge jump in improved athleticism. What do you guys think?

miyagi
05-23-2009, 05:35 PM
Been said over and over since middle to end of last year. He has imporved alot! Have you not seen the Murray bandwagon yet?

VictorS.
05-23-2009, 06:04 PM
The improvement is obvious in his results. He's the number 3 player in the world now. However, physically he just looks like a different player. If it's due to hard work, maturity, good diet, then good for him. I personally think his physical improvement is pretty drastic.

Gugafan
05-23-2009, 06:11 PM
Murray was in Miami during the off season doing some intense track work. I believe he was concentrating on 200 and 400m to improve endurance and speed. He has always had good anticipation, but certainly a marked improvement in speed this year.

jaggy
05-23-2009, 06:12 PM
He reminds me of Mecir with his movement

yellowboy906
05-23-2009, 07:06 PM
i don't think murray improved speed by a lot. he has always been moving well but i think he improved fitness. murray has the best defense on hard court imo.