PDA

View Full Version : Federer -Lucky draw at RG

abudhabi tennis
05-24-2009, 10:20 AM
Having watched Andy Murray today i can say Federer is luck not to have him in his half of the draw.
Murray is exceptionally fit, can play for hours, conditioned like Superman (needs to consume atleast 10000 calories per day) and is going to tire out Nadal again.
Djokovic on the other hand may be an easier draw for Federer.

RCizzle65
05-24-2009, 10:26 AM
We already know fanboys, Federer always had the easy draw, while Nadal always has the hard one. Djokovic is a proven good clay courted, while Murray said himself his goal is to make the second week

_maxi
05-24-2009, 10:32 AM
Wtf ? man, djokovic is 10 times tougher than Murray in clay... and he's on Federer side.

IvanAndreevich
05-24-2009, 10:33 AM
This poster doesn't create very intelligent topics.

Jchurch
05-24-2009, 10:36 AM
Having watched Andy Murray today i can say Federer is luck not to have him in his half of the draw.
Murray is exceptionally fit, can play for hours, conditioned like Superman (needs to consume atleast 10000 calories per day) and is going to tire out Nadal again.

You are absolutely right :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Jchurch
05-24-2009, 10:37 AM
Wtf ? man, djokovic is 10 times tougher than Murray in clay... and he's on Federer side.

Oh come on. Admitting that Federer has a hard draw ever is just blasphemy. Federer has always had cakewalks to get all of his 13 slams =)

Cesc Fabregas
05-24-2009, 10:39 AM
Not really Djoker is better than Murray on clay.

_maxi
05-24-2009, 10:39 AM
What? sorry english is not my first language.

Max G.
05-24-2009, 10:54 AM

The results just don't back that up. Even in this claycourt season, Djokovic has performed better than Murray.

MajinX
05-24-2009, 10:56 AM
so murray wins one match convincingly..... and now hes harder than djokovic, dam ppl on this board sure draw conclusions from the least amount of info ever.

R_Federer
05-24-2009, 10:57 AM

Ya and if Murray was on Federer's side...then you same people would still be saying Federer has the lucky draw :confused:. You people are just massively confused. Go see a doctor is my suggestion.

BullDogTennis
05-24-2009, 11:29 AM
like 5 days ago, before the draw was released all, all the nadal fans talked about is how they want federer to play djoko, now hes lucky to have him...yall need to have like a nadal-fan conference and get all yalls stories the same, cause its rediculous. also if he loses, please get together and decide 1 story....(if hes tired, hurt...crap i dont care, just stick to one and quit makin up more and more stuff)

T1000
05-24-2009, 11:31 AM
Yup, I definetly would rather Djokovic on my side than Murray :roll:

vtmike
05-24-2009, 11:32 AM
like 5 days ago, before the draw was released all, all the nadal fans talked about is how they want federer to play djoko, now hes lucky to have him...yall need to have like a nadal-fan conference and get all yalls stories the same, cause its rediculous. also if he loses, please get together and decide 1 story....(if hes tired, hurt...crap i dont care, just stick to one and quit makin up more and more stuff)

They just came up with a new one... :lol:

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=263039

All-rounder
05-24-2009, 11:33 AM
Nadal fans never surprise me with their double standards

R_Federer
05-24-2009, 11:36 AM

+1.........

skip1969
05-24-2009, 11:41 AM
so many conclusions drawn from a single first-round match. i love it how the experts on tt can see so far into the future from watching a player play one game, one set, or one match.

veroniquem
05-24-2009, 11:52 AM
Murray was very impressive in his 1st round but he's still more vulnerable on clay than Djoko IMO. They're both excellent players obviously but as his records show Djoko is the tougher opponent on clay.
Federer has a laughable draw until the semis though, lucky doesn't even start to describe it.

BullDogTennis
05-24-2009, 12:05 PM
They just came up with a new one... :lol:

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=263039

yep...maybe it'll be the last...

Mkie7
05-24-2009, 12:15 PM
Sometimes its best to ignore these so called "experts".. don't you think?

malakas
05-24-2009, 12:24 PM
Federer is always lucky with the draws :mad:

drakulie
05-24-2009, 12:38 PM
Federer has a laughable draw until the semis though, lucky doesn't even start to describe it.

Lets look at the titans on Nadal's side:

Davydenko lost to:

Melzer (R32) Italy, (Feds side of draw)
Blake (semis) Portugal, (Feds side of Draw)
Roddick (R16) Spain, (Feds side of draw)
Junguiera (r32) Austria.Ferrer lost to:

Monaco (R32) in Madrid, (Feds side of draw)
Hernandez (R16) Estoril, and (Feds side of draw)
Mathieu (R64) Rome. (Feds side of draw)Wawrinka lost to:

Djokovic (Feds side of draw) in Monte Carlo,
Stepanek (R16) Spain,
DelPotro (R16) Italy and again in Madrid. (Feds side of draw)Verdasco's lost to

Joker (Fed's side of draw),
Gonzo :roll: and
Nadal (twice).His draw is filled with players that have been beating the crap out of the players on Nadal's side.

But yeah, I see your point>> he has an easy draw.

R_Federer
05-24-2009, 12:42 PM

Davydenko lost to:

Stepanek (R16) Spain,

Nadal (twice).His draw is filled with players that have been beating the crap out of the players on Nadal's side.

HAHAHAHA. Amazing. Slapped. Punched. Dissed.

Great statwork :D.

vtmike
05-24-2009, 12:44 PM

Davydenko lost to:

Stepanek (R16) Spain,

OUCH!!!!!!!

veroniquem
05-24-2009, 12:45 PM

Davydenko lost to:

Stepanek (R16) Spain,

Everyone loses to other players except maybe the top 3 or 4, which makes your little argument massively irrelevant. Ferrer has been a Barcelona finalist twice in a row. Verdasco has only lost to either Djoko or Nadal in the 3 masters on clay this year.
You want to compare that to Blake and Roddick 's brilliant history at RG? Please get a brain.
BTW you're right Wawrinka sucks on clay, he beat Federer there who is worthless on the surface as everyone knows.

stormholloway
05-24-2009, 12:53 PM
Murray has yet to produce a single final at a clay event. Compare that to Djokovic.... not even close.

drakulie
05-24-2009, 12:53 PM
HAHAHAHA. Amazing. Slapped. Punched. Dissed.

Great statwork :D.

OUCH!!!!!!!

LOL. It must hurt pretty badly to be smacked in the face and owned pretty hard post after post.

Cyan
05-24-2009, 02:12 PM
Nole has reached at least SF on all clay tournaments he played since RG 2007. He is a bigger threat on clay than Murray.

IvanAndreevich
05-24-2009, 02:15 PM
Everyone loses to other players except maybe the top 3 or 4, which makes your little argument massively irrelevant. Ferrer has been a Barcelona finalist twice in a row. Verdasco has only lost to either Djoko or Nadal in the 3 masters on clay this year.
You want to compare that to Blake and Roddick 's brilliant history at RG? Please get a brain.
BTW you're right Wawrinka sucks on clay, he beat Federer there who is worthless on the surface as everyone knows.

Great objective post! No hate or stupid fanboyism here.

Not.

Cyan
05-24-2009, 02:15 PM
Murray has yet to produce a single final at a clay event. Compare that to Djokovic.... not even close.

Exactly. Murray has never reached a final on clay.

ninman
05-24-2009, 02:56 PM
http://www.lolfail.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/demotivator__epic_fail.jpg

P_Agony
05-24-2009, 03:05 PM
Federer is always lucky with the draws :mad:

That's because he is arrogant.

Docalex007
05-24-2009, 03:05 PM

You've failed ... sorry. Djokovic > Murray on clay and has proven it.

ninman
05-24-2009, 03:08 PM
You've failed ... sorry. Djokovic > Murray on clay and has proven it.

I think this sums him up.

http://www.randomn3ss.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/fail.jpg

Lotto
05-24-2009, 03:10 PM
Murray was very impressive in his 1st round but he's still more vulnerable on clay than Djoko IMO. They're both excellent players obviously but as his records show Djoko is the tougher opponent on clay.

You always say that :rolleyes:

Maybe Federer is just that good? Maybe thats why everyone thinks he has such an "easy" or "lucky" draw. Because he is that much better then everyone he has to play.

Dont give me that PURE ********! No draw at a grand slam is easy.

Go suck a lemon, seriously.

Docalex007
05-24-2009, 03:12 PM

I hate to say it, but it's not "massively irrelevant". It's a good and fair point. The players on Fed's side of the draw are not "easier" opponents than Nadal's opponents in the absolute sense or in the relative sense.

edberg505
05-24-2009, 04:00 PM
I hate to say it, but it's not "massively irrelevant". It's a good and fair point. The players on Fed's side of the draw are not "easier" opponents than Nadal's opponents in the absolute sense or in the relative sense.

LOL, dude it's an exercise in futility. She will always manage to find a way to call Federer's draw a cakewalk. If Federer had Nadal's draw they'd call it a cakewalk too.

ninman
05-24-2009, 04:06 PM
LOL, dude it's an exercise in futility. She will always manage to find a way to call Federer's draw a cakewalk. If Federer had Nadal's draw they'd call it a cakewalk too.

hahaha, can you remember the last time Federer had a difficult draw in a GS?

edberg505
05-24-2009, 04:08 PM

Apparently he's never had a difficult draw in a slam. It's quite amazing really. Now that I know Roger Federer has a facebook page I'm going to ask him for some lottery numbers. I'm guaranteed to be a rich man by Wed. night.

ninman
05-24-2009, 04:10 PM
Apparently he's never had a difficult draw in a slam. It's quite amazing really. Now that I know Roger Federer has a facebook page I'm going to ask him for some lottery numbers. I'm guaranteed to be a rich man by Wed. night.

yeah 19 straight semi's, 10 straight finals, currently on a 4 straight final streak. Must be the luckiest man in the atp.

edberg505
05-24-2009, 04:13 PM
yeah 19 straight semi's, 10 straight finals, currently on a 4 straight final streak. Must be the luckiest man in the atp.

Screw the ATP. He's the luckiest man to ever walk the face of the earth.

stormholloway
05-24-2009, 04:16 PM
To my knowledge, the higher ranked players tend to have easier draws. I don't see a surprise there. Federer was number one for over 3 years. His draws will tend to be easier than other players.

ninman
05-24-2009, 04:17 PM
Screw the ATP. He's the luckiest man to ever walk the face of the earth.

Well to be fair he really is, I mean having that much tennis talent and being able to use it so effectively. I wish I could be as good as that at something.

samster
05-24-2009, 04:19 PM

Welcome to the TTW board, newbie! :lol:

Tennis_Bum
05-24-2009, 10:38 PM

I'll laugh so hard if Murray upset Nadal. Is it a self fulfilling prophecy? I do hope so. I can't stand Murray, but it would be nice if he beat Nadal just to please Nadal's fans; just to prove that Fed had an easy draw because he got Djoko.

As far as the clay season is concerned, Murray's results are well below Djoko's. Just because he played well against a high ranked player, that doesn't mean Murray is a good player on clay. Chela today is not the same as the past; and he was no great player any way.

Of course, I rather see Fed kick Nadal's *****-picking, waisting-time player, but I don't care who he beat to get his first FO. It would be sweeter if it was Nadal, but I just don't care who his opponent in the final. Just as long as he kicks ***** and win the slam. I think it's possible but very difficult for Fed to pull it off.

Tennis_Bum
05-24-2009, 10:45 PM

Davydenko lost to:

Stepanek (R16) Spain,

I don't think she will understand or appreciate your sarcasm. But you have to start somewhere.

Nadal_Freak
05-24-2009, 10:48 PM
This thread does have a point. No one should overlook Murray. Though he is no Djokovic on clay, he is still tough.

Tennis_Bum
05-24-2009, 10:50 PM

Of course Fed is worthless on clay. Who does he think he is? He only managed to beat Nadal in Madrid on clay, in front of thousand of screaming Spanish fans. What a worthless player that guy Fed is on clay. Man, he made Nadal looked like SH*T.

IvanAndreevich
05-24-2009, 10:51 PM
This thread does have a point. No one should overlook Murray. Though he is no Djokovic on clay, he is still tough.

Yeah, he's so tough. Never reached a final of ANY clay event.

Chelsea_Kiwi
05-24-2009, 11:03 PM
Lol at this posters EPIC FAIL in that Murray isn't even in Nadals half LOL!

Noveson
05-24-2009, 11:09 PM

Oh jesus get over yourself. No one is saying Federer lucked his way to all his majors. Quit being a bigot.

sh@de
05-24-2009, 11:12 PM
Drak is a genius xD

mrDamien
05-24-2009, 11:22 PM
Federer always get lucky on the draw but he couldn't win the only slam that he aimed for long times. Sorry to say.

welcome2petrkordaland
05-24-2009, 11:39 PM
read through most of this thread . . . a lot of pettiness/trolling/anti-trolling, but IMO Fed's draw is no cakewalk at all. on the contrary, i think it's downright tricky.

1ST ROUND: alberto martin- a spanish clay-courter . . . grew up in the stuff and pretty solid

2ND ROUND: jose acasuso- argentine clay-courter . . . same as above and when he' s on, he's pretty tough, esp. his 1-hander

3RD ROUND: paul "top ten" mathieu- a true talent who has never put it together; would love to put home crowd into frenzy by going toe to toe w/ fed

4TH ROUNDS: (maybe tough match, maybe not???) I see Haas, Bolelli, or Chardy here . . . Haas has never been afraid of Federer, Bolelli and Chardy are young, talented players with considerable game (Chardy went far last year; he and bolelli are future top 15 for sure IMO.)

1/4s: Gael Monfils (w/out a doubt)- just look at last year's semi . . . a definite test for Roger

1/2s: NOVAK 'nuff said

FINAL: NADAL/MURRAY/VERDASCO/WAWRINKA/GONZALEZ

Now that's a tricky little draw on the red stuff for Federer IMHO.

BreakPoint
05-25-2009, 12:01 AM
Everyone loses to other players except maybe the top 3 or 4, which makes your little argument massively irrelevant.
Which makes your argument of who's got the easier draw irrelevant. :oops:

BreakPoint
05-25-2009, 12:06 AM
Perhaps that's because he was so dominant for 4 years and was the #1 player in the world? When you're better than everyone else, all your draws look easy because there's no one on the tour that can beat you. Whereas, the #120th ranked player in the world always has a difficult draw no matter what his draw is. :oops:

BreakPoint
05-25-2009, 12:08 AM
Um...could that be because he's an above average tennis player? :roll:

msc886
05-25-2009, 12:10 AM
Well according to ******* logic, Federer's draw is always easy and Nadal's draw is always tough.

BreakPoint
05-25-2009, 12:11 AM
Oh jesus get over yourself. No one is saying Federer lucked his way to all his majors. Quit being a bigot.
Um.....yeah, niman did:

Nadal_Freak
05-25-2009, 12:15 AM
Well according to ******* logic, Federer's draw is always easy and Nadal's draw is always tough.
What ******* logic are you talking about? I said I preferred Nadal's draw over Federer's due to Djokovic.

welcome2petrkordaland
05-25-2009, 12:20 AM
ok, so just realized alberto martin is 31 . . . he's gettin' up there. fed should roll. however, martin has multiple wins and/or winning records against some formidable dirt-ballers/good players in general: ferrer (3 or 4?), nalbandian(1), canas(4), montanes(4), almagro(2), gonzalez(2), robredo (1), volandri(4), schuettler(3 or 4). hmmm.

welcome2petrkordaland
05-25-2009, 12:36 AM
martin also has 4 wins vs. ferrero (4-5 h2h), jc '07 Valencia,
2 wins vs. costa, albert (2-2 h2h),
1 win vs. guga '05 valencia?

so although albert martin's over the hill, he's won against some decent dirtballers and i noticed that even his losses were pretty close.

fed takes him in 4, though. . . 6-3, 6-2, 5-7, 6-2