PDA

View Full Version : The Overwhelming Power!!!!!

Jimmyk459
05-25-2009, 02:44 PM
He's back!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgeJhbNtcRc

bolo
05-25-2009, 02:56 PM
He's back!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgeJhbNtcRc

martin would routinely move back on fed's 2nd serve because fed's kickserve would otherwise be over martin's head.

All-rounder
05-25-2009, 02:58 PM
wow crazy forehand winners and a nice dropper on match point to go on the side :)

Blinkism
05-25-2009, 03:01 PM
Fed played well but failed epically in the first game of the match when he tried to S&V and go to the net whenever he can, and ended being broken immediately by Martin.

He then resorted to the same game he's had on clay for the last 4 or 5 years, and won comfortably.

RCizzle65
05-25-2009, 04:33 PM
He looks like his old self, spraying winners out of nowhere, and added his new dropshot to end the match, hopefully he can play the whole tournament like this and get what has been missing in his career for awhile.

BorisBeckerFan
05-25-2009, 05:06 PM
I am extremely glad to see Fed playing well but you do realise Martin is around 5'9" in height. He is also moving much slower than he use to beacuse of injuries and age. A lot of the winners he hit today would not have been winners against some of the better players. But eitherway I'm not here to rain or poo on your parade. I'm glad he's playing well too, I just don't want to get to excited over Fed beating an old, injury riddled player.

sh@de
05-25-2009, 05:50 PM
True, his game was good. But like somebody said already, his first game was epic fail. He obviously needs a lot more work on his net game. He got owned when he tried. I think the main problem is that his approaches are quite poor at the moment. It doesn't matter how good he is at the net, with a crap approach, he'll get passed easily.

RoddickAce
05-25-2009, 05:55 PM
From the highlights, Federer looks like his old self, but from watchign the entire match, you could tell that his backhand is still tentative and his still misfires quite a bit on his forehand side.