PDA

View Full Version : Federer needs to get a tape of the Nadal-Daniels match....

BreakPoint
05-25-2009, 07:11 PM
.....and study it over and over before his final against Nadal. That's all I have to say. Anyone who saw the match today knows what I'm talking about. :)

Nadal_Freak
05-25-2009, 07:12 PM
Yes Fed needs every first round Nadal has played. :rolleyes:

tudwell
05-25-2009, 07:17 PM
I don't know. I'd rather he not lose in straight sets, but maybe I'm just a *******.

jamesblakefan#1
05-25-2009, 07:26 PM
I do think there were some things the Brazilian did effectively, at least early in the match. He did a good job of keeping Nadal on the move. He also mixed it up well, s&ving and using drop shots to keep Rafa off balance. Whether Fed could effectively do these things and get 3 out of 5 off of Nadal remains to be seen tho, as Nadal adapted. If Fed could hold his serve and put Rafa off balance on his return, he could do damage. He just has to convert those BPs tho, if and when he gets them.

BreakPoint
05-25-2009, 07:26 PM
I don't know. I'd rather he not lose in straight sets, but maybe I'm just a *******.
If you saw the match, you'd know that Daniels had chances to win the match, broke Nadal multiple times, and had no problems defending and being aggressive with his one-handed backhand off of Nadal's massive topspin forehands. He also mixed it up well with drop shots, lob volleys, serve and volley, and took advantage of Nadal's poor positioning 15 feet behind the baseline.

jamesblakefan#1
05-25-2009, 07:27 PM
I wouldn't say he had chances to win, but he definetly could have won that 1st set.

oliver
05-25-2009, 07:31 PM
I agree, he should take note. The first opponents wont be good enough to fully take advantages of any of Nadal's weaknesses, but that doesn't mean they can't expose them for the more-capable Federer to capitalize on.

Sentinel
05-25-2009, 08:37 PM
I would not want Fed to see the match. He'd get overconfident watching Nadal's sloppy games, those unbelievable UE's etc.

I had to pray for Nadal to get through the match !

Defcon
05-25-2009, 09:57 PM
Fed's problems against Nadal at RG are 10% technique and 90% mental.

OddJack
05-25-2009, 11:28 PM
Daniel played out of Faderer's procedures manual.

Cesc Fabregas
05-25-2009, 11:34 PM
Eh Daniel's one hander was getting abused.

Underhand
05-25-2009, 11:50 PM
Faderer's

LOL you hit the nail on the head, almost as good as Failderer.

feetofclay
05-25-2009, 11:52 PM
Federer already has first hand experience of Daniel's play. He took Federer to a tie break in there only meeting.Final result of their hardcourt match 7-6, 6-4.

BreakPoint
05-26-2009, 12:04 AM
Eh Daniel's one hander was getting abused.
I guess you didn't see the match. :(

Nadal thought he could abuse Daniel's one-handed backhand and kept hitting to it but it didn't work. Daniels got almost everything back and with interest and even hit some clean winners off of it.

Cesc Fabregas
05-26-2009, 12:26 AM

Nadal thought he could abuse Daniel's one-handed backhand and kept hitting to it but it didn't work. Daniels got almost everything back and with interest and even hit some clean winners off of it.

Daniel did hit some nice winners from it but most of the time he was either shanking it or dropping it on the service line it was his forehand and serve that kept it a competitive match.

tennisplaya
05-26-2009, 04:46 AM
BP sounds desperate :)

http://www.blog4brains.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/yawning.jpg

Nadal's response to you:

"Roland Garros always is difficult. When I start, normally I didn't start to play my best here the last four years," Nadal said, "but the important thing is being with positive mentality and trying to win. I won in three sets. That's important."

Blade0324
05-26-2009, 05:58 AM
.....and study it over and over before his final against Nadal. That's all I have to say. Anyone who saw the match today knows what I'm talking about. :)

No one, including you knows what you are talking about.

Richie Rich
05-26-2009, 06:25 AM
No one, including you knows what you are talking about.

that is just not true. everyone in fantasy land knows.......

sureshs
05-26-2009, 06:28 AM
If you saw the match, you'd know that Daniels had chances to win the match, broke Nadal multiple times, and had no problems defending and being aggressive with his one-handed backhand off of Nadal's massive topspin forehands. He also mixed it up well with drop shots, lob volleys, serve and volley, and took advantage of Nadal's poor positioning 15 feet behind the baseline.

Tells me Nadal is still tired from all his clay court victories.

This is your only chance, Roger. Make good use of it.

mzzmuaa
05-26-2009, 07:02 AM
Tells me Nadal is still tired from all his clay court victories.

This is your only chance, Roger. Make good use of it.

He's tired from the one set loss to the 109th ranked player?
Or is he exhausted from his straight sets loss to Federer over a week ago?

sureshs
05-26-2009, 08:10 AM

Daniel did hit some nice winners from it but most of the time he was either shanking it or dropping it on the service line it was his forehand and serve that kept it a competitive match.

I didn't see the match though it was on while I was doing something else. Which is true? Did his 1 handed backhand fail or not? Two diametrically opposing views here.

tennisplaya
05-26-2009, 08:26 AM

Just face it , this is the only guy (http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/tennis/flash/perfectclayplayer) that can challenge Nadal at Roland Garros. :)

Federer needs to watch videos of this guy and analyse his game stroke by stroke.

Gennady Mamzhi
05-26-2009, 08:51 AM
Just face it , this is the only guy (http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/tennis/flash/perfectclayplayer) that can challenge Nadal at Roland Garros.

Federer is not the only one. Chokea***** almost beat Nadal in their last meeting. I think that allowed Federer to get the next day that rare win over Nadal on clay.

tennisplaya
05-26-2009, 09:04 AM
Federer is not the only one. Chokea***** almost beat Nadal in their last meeting. I think that allowed Federer to get the next day that rare win over Nadal on clay.

we're talking about 'real ' clay here, which omits Madrid from the discussion. And on real clay over 5 sets, that guy linked in my last post is the only guy that can challenge.

thejoe
05-26-2009, 09:10 AM
we're talking about 'real ' clay here, which omits Madrid from the discussion. And on real clay over 5 sets, that guy linked in my last post is the only guy that can challenge.

It was high bouncing wasn't it? It was still clay and still favoured Nadal. He lost. Get over it.

joeri888
05-26-2009, 09:10 AM
Yes Fed needs every first round Nadal has played. :rolleyes:

Federer should play no tournament for a year, train on clay all the time and hope he draws against Nadal first round. This one had everything to do with a slowstart of Nadal, and absolutely nothing with Daniel having the right tactics or something

vtmike
05-26-2009, 09:13 AM

You and your freakin real clay! How long are you going to keep crying over that? Nadal lost to Federer on clay...now get over it and move on!

BreakPoint
05-26-2009, 09:51 AM
I didn't see the match though it was on while I was doing something else. Which is true? Did his 1 handed backhand fail or not? Two diametrically opposing views here.
I saw the entire match and Daniel's forehand failed him more than his backhand did. His serve also was not very good, average at best. If he had a better serve, I think he could have won the match since he kept breaking Nadal's serve but would get broken right back.

I have no idea what Cesc is talking about. I think he was watching a different match.

BreakPoint
05-26-2009, 09:54 AM
Federer should play no tournament for a year, train on clay all the time and hope he draws against Nadal first round. This one had everything to do with a slowstart of Nadal, and absolutely nothing with Daniel having the right tactics or something
Nadal's already played 20 matches on clay over the past few weeks, why would he have a slow start on clay? :confused: It's not like he's been playing on grass for the past two months, is it?

Cesc Fabregas
05-26-2009, 10:11 AM
I saw the entire match and Daniel's forehand failed him more than his backhand did. His serve also was not very good, average at best. If he had a better serve, I think he could have won the match since he kept breaking Nadal's serve but would get broken right back.

I have no idea what Cesc is talking about. I think he was watching a different match.

Disagree. Daniel used the kick serve to Nadal's forehand to get him off court and then the easy forehand into the open court brilliantly in the match.

EtePras
05-26-2009, 10:14 AM
So this guy has 3.5 technique on his backhand (I've seen 2.0 players that know you need 2 hands to hit a backhand, so 3.5 is pretty generous). Doesn't change the fact that he lost in straight sets on the fastest clay they've ever had in Paris.