PDA

View Full Version : Guillaume Rufin!

OliverSimon
05-25-2009, 08:15 PM
what are you opinions on this up and coming kid, in his match today he played awesome. Is this player going to get any where?
http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/news/photos/2009-05-25/200905251243264155578.html

Shaolin
05-25-2009, 08:19 PM
Wish I wouldve seen him play but sadly Tennis Channel is taking over responsibilities from ESPN in pathetic tennis coverage. They prefer bland, inane Venus Williams interviews to showing tennis now.

rfprse
05-25-2009, 08:35 PM
Rufin's performance was quite impressive. Schwank simply couldn't handle his pace. Rufin's excellent 2nd serve returns stood out but not so sure about his second serve quality.

He has a big atheletic game, moves ok for his size. He somehow reminds me of Chardy (but with less kinks/quirks in strokes). Maybe because his another lanky big hitter from France.

I'm looking forward to see how his game develops.

rfprse
05-25-2009, 08:41 PM
Wish I wouldve seen him play but sadly Tennis Channel is taking over responsibilities from ESPN in pathetic tennis coverage. They prefer bland, inane Venus Williams interviews to showing tennis now.

Tell me about it. Why do they have to follow ESPN's lead and make tennis broadcast into a talk show?:mad:
Isn't it enough for them to talk whatever they like while pretending to show tennis? These days, they don't even pretend anymore and just go straight to the talk show format, cutting away from the game coverage while there are plenty of games going on.

mrDamien
05-25-2009, 08:46 PM
Where are the kid from? Sounds nothing........:neutral:

OliverSimon
05-25-2009, 08:50 PM
Where are the kid from? Sounds nothing........:neutral:

Hes an 18 year old french kid that won a challenger to get a wildcard to get into the french open

OliverSimon
05-25-2009, 08:50 PM
Rufin's performance was quite impressive. Schwank simply couldn't handle his pace. Rufin's excellent 2nd serve returns stood out but not so sure about his second serve quality.

He has a big atheletic game, moves ok for his size. He somehow reminds me of Chardy (but with less kinks/quirks in strokes). Maybe because his another lanky big hitter from France.

I'm looking forward to see how his game develops.

He also reminds me of Chardy! I hope he brings more promise.

OliverSimon
05-25-2009, 08:53 PM

You can go to http://www.tennis-channel.tv/tennis/console.jsp and watch any archived match from Roland garros so far. His match if youd like and live matches tomorrow all day.

mrDamien
05-25-2009, 08:55 PM
Hes an 18 year old french kid that won a challenger to get a wildcard to get into the french open

Well just another new kids on the block. People doesn't seem care much about his name compare with those names from America i.e. Donald Young, Sam Quarrey etc etc.

Shaolin
05-25-2009, 09:24 PM
You can go to http://www.tennis-channel.tv/tennis/console.jsp and watch any archived match from Roland garros so far. His match if youd like and live matches tomorrow all day.

Thanks for the link. Ill check it out.

OliverSimon
05-26-2009, 05:16 PM
Bump...anyone elses opinions on this kid?