PDA

View Full Version : Absolutely NO fan of Nadal, but..

joeri888
05-26-2009, 09:08 AM
The French are an absolute disgrace. I know their chauvinistic, and they have every right to be, but to put the No.1 player in the world, 4 time Roland Garros winner and defending Champion NOT on Chatrier is absolutely Ridiculous. Especially putting Marat Safin there against some unknown Frenchman for the second time over him is ridiculous!

Who agrees with me?

Cesc Fabregas
05-26-2009, 09:10 AM
Agreed they are putting Murray on the main court and he has never been past the 3rd round whilst Nadal is the 4 time defending champ.

P_Agony
05-26-2009, 09:11 AM
When did they not put Nadal on the main stadium? I might have missed that. Either way it's very wrong, if anyone deserves to play in the main stadium it's Nadal.

DragonBlaze
05-26-2009, 09:12 AM
The French are an absolute disgrace. I know their chauvinistic, and they have every right to be, but to put the No.1 player in the world, 4 time Roland Garros winner and defending Champion NOT on Chatrier is absolutely Ridiculous. Especially putting Marat Safin there against some unknown Frenchman for the second time over him is ridiculous!

Who agrees with me?

haha my thread came just a minute before this one lol. And I fully agree.

This is absolutely effed up. Man N_F is gonna be ****ed (and rightfully so)

thejoe
05-26-2009, 09:12 AM
Agreed. It's ridiculous. If one player in the friggin' draw should be on Chatrier every time it should be Rafa.

drakulie
05-26-2009, 09:13 AM
Federer is so arrogant to get the tourney organizers to agree to not put Nadal on Chartrier.

DragonBlaze
05-26-2009, 09:13 AM
When did they not put Nadal on the main stadium? I might have missed that. Either way it's very wrong, if anyone deserves to play in the main stadium it's Nadal.

There you go

joeri888
05-26-2009, 09:14 AM
haha my thread came just a minute before this one lol. And I fully agree.

This is absolutely effed up. Man N_F is gonna be ****ed (and rightfully so)

I hope they'll baptise the Court Suzanne Lenglen Cimitière des Champions after tomorrow;)

tudwell
05-26-2009, 09:15 AM
I hope the other court isn't at a higher altitude. :(

DragonBlaze
05-26-2009, 09:15 AM
http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/scores/schedule/schedule9.html

Ah crap screwed up in the last post. There's the link again

RalphNYC
05-26-2009, 09:19 AM
The French are concerned about giving ticketholders of the less expensive stadium a chance to see the no 1 player. I think that's the reason.

shadows
05-26-2009, 09:21 AM
The only thing I can think of is that they plan to cycle the top 4 so that people on Lenglen will have a chance to see one of them. Murray was on there for his first match, now Rafa is on there, maybe we'll see Nole or Roger be on there once as well.

That's the only reason I can think of, seems an odd decision regardless

King of Aces
05-26-2009, 09:22 AM

Who agrees with me?

I still remember how the French booed Nada during his match. French fans are a disgrace.

vandre
05-26-2009, 09:28 AM
http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/scores/schedule/schedule9.html

shenanigans!:evil:

tacou
05-26-2009, 09:43 AM
The French are concerned about giving ticketholders of the less expensive stadium a chance to see the no 1 player. I think that's the reason.

yeah seriously. it's not a very big deal.

as for Safin vs Frenchie on main court, why not?? it's their slam, let them put whoever wherever.

joeri888
05-26-2009, 10:22 AM
yeah seriously. it's not a very big deal.

as for Safin vs Frenchie on main court, why not?? it's their slam, let them put whoever wherever.

I want to go there next year. I want to see Roger Federer, that's the very main reason I go there.. So I'm gonna get two days of tickets in the second round for Chatrier.. If they put him on Lenglen the day I'm there and I'm not allowed to go with my Chatrier pass I'm seriously going to hurt someone.

I'm sure there's lots of international Rafa fans out there who feel the same way now

8PAQ
05-26-2009, 11:26 AM

Who agrees with me?

All we can ask the organizers is:

Why so French?

OddJack
05-26-2009, 11:30 AM
I hope the other court isn't at a higher altitude. :(

Muhashahahahhhaahhhaahha

batz
05-26-2009, 11:35 AM
Sorry - just not getting this one. Lenglen is a 10,000 seat state of the art clay court - it's not like he's on court 16 or something. I am absolutely sure that Rafa didn't bat an eye when told the OOP.

bolo
05-26-2009, 11:43 AM
eh, not a big deal, he's certainly not going to care.

Chris De Tone
05-26-2009, 11:51 AM
Take it easy. They do the same thing at Wimbledon occasionally in order to allow people that do not always have tickets to the main show court the chance to see the top player(s). Pete won Wimbledon 7 freakin' times and he had to play (and lose) on Court 2. It happens.

ShooterMcMarco
05-26-2009, 12:33 PM
Federer is so arrogant to get the tourney organizers to agree to not put Nadal on Chartrier.

I knew that damn Federer was behind this. Outrageous.

rhubarb
05-26-2009, 12:59 PM
Here we go again. This happens *every* year, and there's similar whinging *every* year.

It's perfectly normal for the top players to be put on SL rather than PC once or twice during each tournament.

Wimbledon do the same: generally it's first match on Centre, second match on Number One.

It's not only fair to the spectators, but gives the other players a chance to play on
the top court.

Gugafan
05-26-2009, 01:12 PM

Who agrees with me?

The French are well educated about their tennis, often preferring style over substance. Just look at players like Gasquet, Pioline, Tsonga... To be honest I dont think Nadal is the most popular GS champion at RG. I recall one year when he was constantly getting booed albeit against Grosjean on Chatrier.

Agreed they are putting Murray on the main court and he has never been past the 3rd round whilst Nadal is the 4 time defending champ.

Murray is popular in France. He plays with alot of flair and variety, something the French like to see in their own players.

veroniquem
05-26-2009, 01:16 PM
The French are well educated about their tennis, often preferring style over substance. Just look at players like Gasquet, Pioline, Tsonga... To be honest I dont think Nadal is the most popular GS champion at RG. I recall one year when he was constantly getting booed albeit against Grosjean on Chatrier.

Murray is popular in France. He plays with alot of flair and variety, something the French like to see in their own players.
I'm sure Murray is popular but not more than Rafa. Once again the schedule on the 2 main courts has nothing to do with popularity except to say that they have to put some stars on Lenglen in order to sell the tickets.

luckyboy1300
05-26-2009, 01:16 PM
federer and nadal also played on lenglen court last year as far as i remember.

veroniquem
05-26-2009, 01:17 PM
federer and nadal also played on lenglen court last year as far as i remember.
Of course they did. They always do. This is virtually a non issue.

Cesc Fabregas
05-26-2009, 02:03 PM

But he has never been past the 3rd round whilst Nadal is the 4 time defending unbeaten champion so he should be on the on the main court.

All-rounder
05-26-2009, 02:08 PM
I must say the organisers really did let kids take over
I think they have had enough of nadal handing out bagel's and bread sticks I think they want to stick with their croissant and french toast

OmniscientTennis
05-26-2009, 02:18 PM

Who agrees with me?

All the top players cycle between Lenglen and Chartrier. There is not much difference between the courts physically though Chartrier holds about 25% to 30% more people.

Also, fans cannot have a ticket for both courts (unless you buy 2 separate tickets). So people wait outside Lenglen and Chartrier and exchange tickets to see different players. So, the French, in order to sell Lenglen tickets puts all the top players on both courts.

The idea from the French was to create 2 equal playing arenas unlike the US Open which has 1 huge stadium where the top players play all the time.

All this being said...I do think the ATP is trying to trip Rafa up all the time -he gets harder draws than Fed and he gets shafted in most of the scheduling...I think the ATP didn't want Rafa to be #1. But, I don't think the French scheduling 1 of his matches on lenglen is the same thing...this will prob be his only match on that court.

veroniquem
05-26-2009, 02:27 PM
All the top players cycle between Lenglen and Chartrier. There is not much difference between the courts physically though Chartrier holds about 25% to 30% more people.

Also, fans cannot have a ticket for both courts (unless you buy 2 separate tickets). So people wait outside Lenglen and Chartrier and exchange tickets to see different players. So, the French, in order to sell Lenglen tickets puts all the top players on both courts.

The idea from the French was to create 2 equal playing arenas unlike the US Open which has 1 huge stadium where the top players play all the time.

All this being said...I do think the ATP is trying to trip Rafa up all the time -he gets harder draws than Fed and he gets shafted in most of the scheduling...I think the ATP didn't want Rafa to be #1. But, I don't think the French scheduling 1 of his matches on lenglen is the same thing...this will prob be his only match on that court.
Yes, the French Open is not managed by the ATP anyway.

TennisandMusic
05-26-2009, 02:31 PM
Take it easy. They do the same thing at Wimbledon occasionally in order to allow people that do not always have tickets to the main show court the chance to see the top player(s). Pete won Wimbledon 7 freakin' times and he had to play (and lose) on Court 2. It happens.

You do know he took that as an insult right? Not that that has anything to do with this really...