PDA

View Full Version : Nadal: "my left knee is hurting me"

Dutch-Guy
05-26-2009, 12:04 PM
Rafael Nadal est embêté : l'Espagnol a laissé entendre qu'il souffrait quelque peu du genou gauche en marge de son premier match à Roland-Garros, remporté face au Brésilien Marcos Daniel issu des qualifications (7-5, 6-4, 6-3). Douleur causée par le stress et un choc à l'entraînement.

Lundi, et malgré cette douleur ressenti lors du deuxième set, Rafael Nadal a gagné sa 29e victoire consécutive à Roland-Garros. C'est un record puisque même Bjorn Borg, qui a gagné six fois le titre, n'a pas fait mieux (le Suédois avait pris sa retraite l'année suivant son 6e titre en 1981, son 4e consécutif. Ses victoires: 1974, 1975 puis de 1978 à 1981).

"J'ai quand même gagné en trois sets, ce qui est important, même si j'aurais sans doute pu gagner plus facilement encore. J'ai eu quelques bons passages au troisième set. Mais mon jeu de jambes n'était pas au point. J'espère progresser lors des prochains tours."
http://www.eurosport.fr/tennis/nadal-genou-touche_sto1952750/flashnews.shtml

The part i highlighted:"The spanish player said that his left knee was bothering him while playing against the Brazilian Marcus Daniel".

Oh nooooooooooooooooooooo

Cesc Fabregas
05-26-2009, 12:07 PM
Sure it was nothing too serious he didn't ask for a medical time out.

samster
05-26-2009, 12:07 PM

The part i highlighted:"The spanish player said that his left knee was bothering him while playing against the Brazilian Marcus Daniel".

One man's "Oh no" is an "Oh yes" for somebody else. I am sure people that are scheduled to play Nadal are rejoicing over this piece of news.

bruce38
05-26-2009, 12:08 PM
Oh here we go, excuses coming out already. He's not the warrior I thought he was.

CCSurf
05-26-2009, 12:08 PM
Nadal trolls will be happy to have an excuse IF he somehow loses!

raiden031
05-26-2009, 12:09 PM
Now Nadal has a preemptive excuse if he doesn't win the title this year. That means nobody will get credit for winning RG unless they beat Nadal while he is playing at 100%. Anything less doesn't count.

ninman
05-26-2009, 12:12 PM
Now Nadal has a preemptive excuse if he doesn't win the title this year. That means nobody will get credit for winning RG unless they beat Nadal while he is playing at 100%. Anything less doesn't count.

By the same note, we can argue that the only reason Nadal won Wimbledon is due to Federer having mono. Fact is though he won it, and if another player wins RG this year people will have to learn to live with it, just like Federer fans have to live with the fact that Federer lost that epic Wimbledon final.

Dutch-Guy
05-26-2009, 12:14 PM
You guys are a bunch of ***.What excuse? He said that his left knee is hurting but he still won.Nadal never come up with lame *** exscuses when he loses.

ninman
05-26-2009, 12:15 PM
You guys are a bunch of ***.What excuse? He said that his left knee is hurting but he still won.Nadal never come up with lame *** exscuses when he loses.

Prepare to eat your words.

IvanAndreevich
05-26-2009, 12:16 PM

But *********s do :lol:

OddJack
05-26-2009, 12:21 PM
Nadal trolls will be happy to have an excuse IF he somehow loses!

This is no excuse. You grind, you pay for it. End of story.

Dutch-Guy
05-26-2009, 12:21 PM
But *********s do :lol:

Who are those "*********s"?

veroniquem
05-26-2009, 12:23 PM
Do you have the exact quote? Because I read the post match press conference (in Spanish and in English) and Nadal did NOT say anything about his knee hurting. He said his footwork was a little slow but he didn't mention anything about pain or an injury. He said he was fine in his blog as well. Maybe that journalist is just trying to start a rumor...

stoo
05-26-2009, 12:24 PM
Funny how when someone mentions an "injury" about a player, people start putting an asterisk beside the victories of those that beat them as if to say that the victory was tainted by a less than 100% effort on the part of the "injured". Excuses or not, a win is a win and a loss is a loss and at the level these players are playing at, that's all that counts.

mandy01
05-26-2009, 12:25 PM
I doubt its anything serious at all..he just looked like he was getting used to the conditions there and obviously I thought Daniel too played very well...

IvanAndreevich
05-26-2009, 12:25 PM
Whoe are those "*********s"?

Those who claim to be fans of Nadal and
1) Bring down and take credit away from other players who beat Nadal
2) Bring down Nadal by claiming he has multiple weaknesses
3) Come up with excuses every time Nadal loses
4) Believe that no one can beat Nadal fair and square without some contributing factor helping them, e.g. humidity, altitude, exhaustion, ATP schedule, injury, Nadal's bad attitude, etc etc etc

Dutch-Guy
05-26-2009, 12:30 PM
Do you have the exact quote? Because I read the post match press conference (in Spanish and in English) and Nadal did NOT say anything about his knee hurting. He said his footwork was a little slow but he didn't mention anything about pain or an injury. He said he was fine in his blog as well. Maybe that journalist is just trying to start a rumor...

T'es une Francaise,n'est ce pas? Ouvre le lien que j'ai posté.Le texte est en Francais.
Nadal, genou touché
Rafael Nadal est embêté : l'Espagnol a laissé entendre qu'il souffrait quelque peu du genou gauche en marge de son premier match à Roland-Garros, remporté face au Brésilien Marcos Daniel issu des qualifications (7-5, 6-4, 6-3). Douleur causée par le stress et un choc à l'entraînement.
I hope it won't hinder him in the next rounds.

bruce38
05-26-2009, 12:32 PM

Sounds like gloating then, to say you were injured but STILL managed to win. Typical Nadal.

Dutch-Guy
05-26-2009, 12:33 PM
4) Believe that no one can beat Nadal fair and square without some contributing factor helping them, e.g. humidity, altitude, exhaustion, ATP schedule, injury, Nadal's bad attitude, etc etc etc

I don't call them Nadal fans.I'm a Rafa supporter but i 'd never let fanboyism cloud my judgement.Nadal himself never came up with some ridiculous excuseds when he loses,so should those that label themselves as his "fans".

veroniquem
05-26-2009, 12:34 PM
T'es une Francaise,n'est ce pas? Ouvre le lien que j'ai posté.Le texte est en Francais.
Nadal, genou touché
Oui, je suis francaise mais je pense que ce journaliste raconte n'importe quoi. Qu'est-ce que ca veut dire "laisse entendre"? J'ai entendu son interview d'apres match et il n'a rien laisse entendre du tout. C'est le journaliste qui extrapole.
And notice that the quote the journalist gives is the same one as I heard: he's just saying his footwork was slow, he doesn't mention an injury. The journalist is just inventing stuff.

veroniquem
05-26-2009, 12:36 PM
Ignore them. Since Fed's victory, there is a bunch of new trolls here that are making a profession of jumping at Nadal's throat nonstop. As soon as Fed loses, they'll calm down. Right now the best thing is to completely ignore them.

bolo
05-26-2009, 12:38 PM
Will not matter since this is nothing new and in anycase by the time djoko and federer get done with the SF, the winner will barely be able to walk. :)

edberg505
05-26-2009, 12:39 PM
Nadal, genou touché

Nadal can go out there on a peg leg and still win this title

bruce38
05-26-2009, 12:42 PM
Nadal can go out there on a peg leg and still win this title

I doubt it.:)

mandy01
05-26-2009, 12:44 PM
Ignore them. Since Fed's victory, there is a bunch of new trolls here that are making a profession of jumping at Nadal's throat nonstop. As soon as Fed loses, they'll calm down. Right now the best thing is to completely ignore them. In short some of them are giving you fans a taste of your own poison and BS :mrgreen:

Dutch-Guy
05-26-2009, 12:48 PM
Oui, je suis francaise mais je pense que ce journaliste raconte n'importe quoi. Qu'est-ce que ca veut dire "laisse entendre"? J'ai entendu son interview d'apres match et il n'a rien laisse entendre du tout. C'est le journaliste qui extrapole.
Tu suis ces matches sur quelles chaînes? Si ce journaliste a extrapolé comme tu l'as dit,alors il n'est digne d'exercer ce métier.
And notice that the quote the journalist gives is the same one as I heard: he's just saying his footwork was slow, he doesn't mention an injury. The Now i can sleep peacefully:).

icedevil0289
05-26-2009, 12:49 PM
Ignore them. Since Fed's victory, there is a bunch of new trolls here that are making a profession of jumping at Nadal's throat nonstop. As soon as Fed loses, they'll calm down. Right now the best thing is to completely ignore them.

hahahahahahah!!

sureshs
05-26-2009, 12:50 PM
So his left knee in not hurting, after all. No hope for Federer now.

veroniquem
05-26-2009, 12:52 PM
Tu suis ces matches sur quelles chaînes? Si ce journaliste a extrapolé comme tu l'as dit,alors il n'est digne d'exercer ce métier.
[QUOTE]And notice that the quote the journalist gives is the same one as I heard: he's just saying his footwork was slow, he doesn't mention an injury. The Now i can sleep peacefully:).
Je sais, il y a beaucoup de journalistes pourris. Tu devrais lire le blog de Rafa. C'est sur le site du journal anglais anglais "time".

Dutch-Guy
05-26-2009, 12:52 PM
Ignore them. Since Fed's victory, there is a bunch of new trolls here that are making a profession of jumping at Nadal's throat nonstop.
I don't put up with these kind of BS.
As soon as Fed loses, they'll calm down. Right now the best thing is to completely ignore them.

Yeah i noticed a surge of Fed trolls since he won Madrid.We'll see who 'll have the last laugh.

veroniquem
05-26-2009, 12:53 PM
In short some of them are giving you fans a taste of your own poison and BS :mrgreen:
Thank god, I couldn't lower myself to their level even if I wanted to.

icedevil0289
05-26-2009, 12:54 PM

oh wow. :roll::roll::roll:

veroniquem
05-26-2009, 12:55 PM
I don't put up with these kind of BS.

Yeah i noticed a surge of Fed trolls since he won Madrid.We'll see who 'll have the last laugh.
Exactly, they're pumped right now but it may not last that long :)

mandy01
05-26-2009, 12:56 PM
Yep,you go lower than theirs..:mrgreen:

edberg505
05-26-2009, 12:56 PM

Hahahahahaha. LOL, man that was a close one. I almost choked on my cherry limeade after reading this.

Mansewerz
05-26-2009, 12:58 PM

The same can be said for Nadal fans.

Personally, I like both. Why can't we just enjoy the tennis (and save the flaming for the off season :twisted:)

veroniquem
05-26-2009, 12:58 PM
Yep,you go lower than theirs..:mrgreen:
As I said I couldn't if i wanted to. It's not my style. You may want to give it a shot though, you're on the right track...

ninman
05-26-2009, 01:00 PM
As I said I couldn't if i wanted to. It's not my style. You may want to give it a shot though, you're on the right track...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_QRzxifkj_bk/Rx_npNXNOvI/AAAAAAAABMc/oYZBAcqxOtc/s400/big_lie.jpg

veroniquem
The same can be said for Nadal fans.

Personally, I like both. Why can't we just enjoy the tennis (and save the flaming for the off season :twisted:)
Of course, they're both great players, correction: all 4 players are great. The level is very high in men's tennis right now.

icedevil0289

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....seriously stop....HAHAHAHAHA!

drakulie
05-26-2009, 01:02 PM

Actually, you go well beneath it. Here is a post of your that is only but a few minutes old:

Nadal still looked a little worn out in his RG first round.

YOU ARE A BIGGER NADAL HATER, THAN THE POSTERS WHO ROOT FOR FEDERER.

mandy01
05-26-2009, 01:02 PM
As I said I couldn't if i wanted to. It's not my style. You may want to give it a shot though, you're on the right track... No, thank you.When you blame others for the same thing you've been doing all this long it shows how low you could go and it shows your style.
Like I said-You got a taste of your own poison :mrgreen:

veroniquem
05-26-2009, 01:23 PM
No, thank you.When you blame others for the same thing you've been doing all this long it shows how low you could go and it shows your style.
Like I said-You got a taste of your own poison :mrgreen:
I blame others for what I couldn't imagine doing.

mandy01
05-26-2009, 01:26 PM
I blame others for what I couldn't imagine doing. HAHAHAHAHA....Whatever :lol: :mrgreen: Yep you cannot imagine...because you actually do it :mrgreen:

veroniquem
05-26-2009, 01:30 PM
HAHAHAHAHA....Whatever :lol: :mrgreen: Yep you cannot imagine...because you actually do it :mrgreen:
I never did and never will :)

mandy01
05-26-2009, 01:30 PM
I never did and never will :) I can see that.. :wink: :lol:

icedevil0289
05-26-2009, 01:31 PM
I never did and never will :)

oh the irony.

veroniquem
05-26-2009, 01:31 PM
I can see that.. :wink: :lol:
Glad you can :)
It shows how perceptive you are!

mandy01
05-26-2009, 01:32 PM
Glad you can :)
It shows how perceptive you are! Indeed :mrgreen:

veroniquem
05-26-2009, 01:34 PM
Indeed :mrgreen:
We agree :) :shock:

mandy01
05-26-2009, 01:38 PM
We agree :) :shock:
We certainly dont, excpet for your previous post :mrgreen: :lol:

SAFINATORZ
05-26-2009, 01:50 PM
LOL well put mate!

rafan
05-26-2009, 02:03 PM

Yes thats what I saw on his website

P_Agony
05-26-2009, 02:20 PM

You're one to talk...:-|

veroniquem
05-26-2009, 02:22 PM
You're one to talk...:-|
I certainly am. Are you?

The-Champ
05-26-2009, 02:23 PM
The Swedish commentators of Eurosport said that Rafa had to take cortisone injections for his knees after his match against Djokovic in Madrid.

I really think his knees are bothering him.

P_Agony
05-26-2009, 02:33 PM
I certainly am. Are you?

Jumping on Fed's throat is something you do on a daily basis, and yet you dare accuse people on jumping Nadal's throat (I've yet to see someone who does, actually).

mandy01
05-26-2009, 02:36 PM
Jumping on Fed's throat is something you do on a daily basis, and yet you dare accuse people on jumping Nadal's throat (I've yet to see someone who does, actually).
its the 'pot meets kettle' kind of a thing :lol:

Lsmkenpo
05-26-2009, 02:36 PM

Funny how you seem to think you speak for all Nadal fans, not all share in your unhealthy obsession with him

Nadal wouldn't even want you and a few other posters here as a fan of his, reminds me of how a stalker finally meets the object of their obsession and they quickly shuns them away, because they realize they are psychotic.

If a poster has 5000+ posts and 95% of them are about Nadal you just might be a little unbalanced don't you think?

volleynets
05-26-2009, 02:42 PM
Funny how you seem to think you speak for all Nadal fans, not all share in your unhealthy obsession with him

Nadal wouldn't even want you and a few other posters here as a fan of his, reminds me of how a stalker finally meets the object of their obsession and they quickly shuns them away, because they realize they are psychotic.

If a poster has 5000+ posts and 95% of them are about Nadal you just might be a little unbalanced don't you think?

I want to know if she has seen Federer and Nadal play live or plays tennis herself.

veroniquem
05-26-2009, 02:42 PM
I only criticize Fed when he deserves it, on very specific points and in a very civilized manner (not like those guys, you don't even know who you're defending, who are systematically abusive and completely indiscriminate about how or when they administer their bashing as well)

P_Agony
05-26-2009, 02:50 PM
I only criticize Fed when he deserves it, on very specific points and in a very civilized manner (not like those guys, you don't even know who you're defending, who are systematically abusive and completely indiscriminate about how or when they administer their bashing as well)

You criticize Fed when he feels confident.
You criticize Fed when he prasies Rafa.
You criticize Fed when he someone else bashes him.
You criticize Fed when he wins.
You criticize Fed when he losses.

And from what I see I'm "defending" drakulie and IvanAndreevich, both of them I have never seen post something offensive about Rafa.

Serve_Ace
05-26-2009, 02:51 PM
My left brain is hurting me, from trying to comprehend the logic on this forum

drakulie
05-26-2009, 02:55 PM
I want to know if she has seen Federer and Nadal play live or plays tennis herself.

By her own admission, she doesn't play tennis, and just started watching the sport a few years ago.

All-rounder
05-26-2009, 02:55 PM
So you would criticise federer if the thread was changed from nadal to federer instead ;)

icedevil0289
05-26-2009, 03:03 PM

say what?!!!! Omg, you are hilarious, really.

CCNM
05-26-2009, 03:17 PM
Maybe I've been hanging out on Fed's site too long (they think this is just an excuse to take pressure off Nadal), but I'm going to give Rafa the benefit of the doubt. Hope his knee isn't too badly hurt.

veroniquem
05-26-2009, 03:20 PM
Maybe I've been hanging out on Fed's site too long (they think this is just an excuse to take pressure off Nadal), but I'm going to give Rafa the benefit of the doubt. Hope his knee isn't too badly hurt.
You don't have to give Nadal anything since he never said that his knee was hurt.

drakulie
05-26-2009, 03:32 PM
You don't have to give Nadal anything since he never said that his knee was hurt.

Perhaps, but ***YOU*** did say he was worn out during his first round match, HATER!

Lsmkenpo
05-26-2009, 03:47 PM

How could there possibly be time to play tennis? 8000+ posts about Nadal
in 1.5 years time, thats around 18 posts a day about Nadal. No time to
play tennis. I really feel sorry for her, best thing that could happen for her is if Nadal quit playing to end the unhealthy obsession.

Blinkism
05-26-2009, 04:21 PM
Wow, some of you guys on this forum are real dedicated to flaming. I admire the dedication.

If only Nadal and Federer could play tennis as well as some people on here could troll, then we wouldn't have any reason to bash them, ever!

Richie Rich
05-26-2009, 04:32 PM

don't waste your time - there isn't any logic here :mrgreen:

sh@de
05-26-2009, 06:37 PM

don't waste your time - there isn't any logic here :mrgreen:

Exactly. What logic? Am I missing something? :D.

CHOcobo
05-26-2009, 06:53 PM
knee pain sux ***. especially when you're trying to play with one. you really can't. not a nadal fan but pain like that sux and hope it gets better. i used to get knew pain when playing badminton. couldn't play for a while. but it went away after biking a lot.

sounds like most of you guys don't believe the man about his pain.

veroniquem
05-26-2009, 06:53 PM
How could there possibly be time to play tennis? 8000+ posts about Nadal
in 1.5 years time, thats around 18 posts a day about Nadal. No time to
play tennis. I really feel sorry for her, best thing that could happen for her is if Nadal quit playing to end the unhealthy obsession.
I've posted more regularly than you and I've posted about every subject and every player under the sun. I do not take well to rookies making baseless assumptions about my contributions to this board. Go get a life yourself if your only hobby is to insult posters who happen to have different opinions (or tastes) than yours.

veroniquem
05-26-2009, 06:59 PM
Not only have I seen Nadal and Federer (and Djokovic) play live but I have seen many many others including Agassi, Sampras, Becker, Edberg and too many really to list here. I would be surprised if you had seen as much tennis live as I have seen in my life.

Serve_Ace
05-26-2009, 07:09 PM
Not only have I seen Nadal and Federer (and Djokovic) play live but I have seen many many others including Agassi, Sampras, Becker, Edberg and too many really to list here. I would be surprised if you had seen as much tennis live as I have seen in my life.

But you still make terrible excuses for Nadal....like he is tired? Yeah right, thats absurd, he trains harder than anyone on the tour and lives to play under the clutch, yeah he's not tired.

drakulie
05-26-2009, 07:09 PM

You Tube doesn't count.

veroniquem
05-26-2009, 07:11 PM
You Tube doesn't count.
You're right, it doesn't.

Lsmkenpo
05-26-2009, 07:57 PM
I've posted more regularly than you and I've posted about every subject and every player under the sun. I do not take well to rookies making baseless assumptions about my contributions to this board. Go get a life yourself if your only hobby is to insult posters who happen to have different opinions (or tastes) than yours.

Rookie? LOL, been here years before you, how ignorant can you be?

Perhaps the person with no life is the one posting 20+ times a day 95% of the time about Nadal, don't you think? I count all the Federer bashing as a Nadal post because there is no other reason for it.

All you have to offer the board is an opinion based on no playing experience of the sport whatsoever, all any one has learned from your ridiculous posting is that you are an obsessed fan of Nadal, nothing more.

TheTruth
05-26-2009, 07:59 PM

Exhaustive list. Do you know any *******s?

TheTruth
05-26-2009, 08:00 PM
Sounds like gloating then, to say you were injured but STILL managed to win. Typical Nadal.

Sort of like saying you had mono but still decided to play a full schedule.

bruce38
05-26-2009, 08:29 PM

No that's called courage. He didn't say anything about it for a long time. Unlike others, names need not be mentioned.

okdude1992
05-26-2009, 08:36 PM
Hahahahahaha. LOL, man that was a close one. I almost choked on my cherry limeade after reading this.

cherry limeade. sounds tasty!:)

ninman
05-26-2009, 08:42 PM

http://motomouth.blat.co.za/files/dairy-fail.jpg

Nadal_Freak
05-26-2009, 08:46 PM
This definitely gives the field a great chance now. Too bad that knee pain had to happen at this time. He should've skipped Madrid. :(

VivalaVida
05-26-2009, 08:49 PM
Delete. Not worth it.

tennisdad65
05-26-2009, 08:51 PM
This definitely gives the field a great chance now. Too bad that knee pain had to happen at this time. He should've skipped Madrid. :(

he could recover before the final, if he has some easy matches. he has the best PT working for him, so it should be fixed by then.

ninman
05-26-2009, 08:52 PM

http://www.yellow-llama.com/wp-content/uploads/fail15.jpg

bruce38
05-26-2009, 09:03 PM

Yeah but Fed's coming off back pain. That still gives Nadal the advantage.

TheTruth
05-26-2009, 09:31 PM
No that's called courage. He didn't say anything about it for a long time. Unlike others, names need not be mentioned.

Courage? At the risk of his health? Mono is very serious, isn't it?

Mention names. It's not personal to me. Far be it for me to take innocuous posts to heart and sit around thinking of ways to "get back" at Poster A. Or forming a clique to "own" and "pwn" others.

Say whatever you want to about Rafa. I'm sure he doesn't care. He doesn't know you, and neither do I.

TheTruth
05-26-2009, 09:32 PM
http://motomouth.blat.co.za/files/dairy-fail.jpg

I knew I was missing something. The fails! So very clever. ROFL!!!!

ninman
05-26-2009, 09:33 PM

Mention names. It's not personal to me. Far be it for me to take innocuous posts to heart and sit around thinking of ways to "get back" at Poster A. Or forming a clique to "own" and "pwn" others.

Say whatever you want to about Rafa. I'm sure he doesn't care. He doesn't know you, and neither do I.

You constantly called Federer a liar about the mono thing.

DownTheLine
05-26-2009, 09:33 PM
This is no excuse. You grind, you pay for it. End of story.

Federer wasn't doing this when he was playing around a 100 matches a year.

bruce38
05-26-2009, 09:34 PM

Uhhh yes I think I already know that Rafa doesn't care, no need to state the obvious. Sure it's courage, anyone who continues to fight at the risk of self-injury for the good of the game and to not show weakness, is the definition of courageous. This is really basic and I'm surprised you are questioning that aspect. There are more complex issues to question - trying thinking about them.

iriraz
05-26-2009, 09:35 PM
It`s hard to say how injured Nadal is atm but clearly he is not 100%.I don`t think it will affect him that much especially in the first week of this tournament,it might be a bit of trouble in the second week.But if he has some trouble now it will be interesting to see how he can handle it at Wimbledon and in the fall the the Us Open series.A no name player would take of a few weeks,or months if he has trouble trying to get close to 100% but Nadal can`t afford it.That`s the problem.So pretty much has to live with injections and painkillers throughout his career

TheTruth
05-26-2009, 09:36 PM
You constantly called Federer a liar about the mono thing.

So sue me. I still don't believe that garbage. Never will. I don't believe the back problem either. I think it's the biggest

EXCUSE

floating around, an out, if you will.

But why does that mean you and I can't get along? I don't have anything against you.

TheTruth
05-26-2009, 09:38 PM
Uhhh yes I think I already know that Rafa doesn't care, no need to state the obvious. Sure it's courage, anyone who continues to fight at the risk of self-injury for the good of the game and to not show weakness, is the definition of courageous. This is really basic and I'm surprised you are questioning that aspect. There are more complex issues to question - trying thinking about them.

You're kidding me, right?

So look. You and I don't appear to agree on anything.

I'm going to be the bigger person and discontinue responding to your posts.

volleynets
05-26-2009, 09:38 PM

IM surprised at your opinions on Federer then if you have seen him play in real life.

bruce38
05-26-2009, 09:40 PM
You're kidding me, right?

So look. You and I don't appear to agree on anything.

I'm going to be the bigger person and discontinue responding to your posts.

I'm not kidding at all. It's really not a matter of agreeing is it? It's the recognition of basic english definitions. We are using a language and in order to communicate both parties must know the definitions of the words they are using. But ok, you can discontinue, let's see if you can keep your word :)

bruce38
05-26-2009, 09:41 PM
IM surprised at your opinions on Federer then if you have seen him play in real life.

It's not that surprising. Some people watch and record the statistics. Others observe the wizardry.

volleynets
05-26-2009, 09:46 PM
So sue me. I still don't believe that garbage. Never will. I don't believe the back problem either. I think it's the biggest

EXCUSE

But why does that mean you and I can't get along? I don't have anything against you.

If you believe the back was an excuse then why isn't Nadal's knee an excuse? You are fairly biased toward Nadal. I wish there were more posters here fans of both Federer,Nadal, and what they have done for tennis rather than just one player.

Once again do you believe Federer has not had injury the for the last four-five years then? Shouldn't we give him credit in that case for playing the way he does?

Docalex007
05-26-2009, 09:49 PM
Hmmm... when will all the Fed vs Nad bashing stop on these boards?? Or at least die down?

I feel really sorry for some of the Nadal fans right now... you guys are being excessively bashed by my fellow Federer fans and I do apologize on their behalf :)

Let's hope Nadal's knee is OK. But if it isn't, then it's also fair game as that is the nature of the sport.

sh@de
05-26-2009, 09:54 PM
Hmmm... when will all the Fed vs Nad bashing stop on these boards?? Or at least die down?

I feel really sorry for some of the Nadal fans right now... you guys are being excessively bashed by my fellow Federer fans and I do apologize on their behalf :)

Let's hope Nadal's knee is OK. But if it isn't, then it's also fair game as that is the nature of the sport.

haha mate, I don't think it'll ever stop. Basically, the only logic which exists in these forums is my idol > yours therefore I > you. And when people disagree, flame wars start. There is no other logic present.

volleynets
05-26-2009, 09:56 PM

There would be no Fed Nad bashing if Fed fans didn't bash Nadal while covering up Federer's faults and Nadal fans didn't bash Fed while covering Nadal's faults. Hopefully his knees will be fine but Tennis is a physical sport afterall and Nadal exerts his body to the maximum so I wouldn't be surprised if Nadal is more tired this year.

bolo
05-26-2009, 10:04 PM

Long time? It was out at least before indian wells. That's barely a month after the australian open ended. It's courageous to play with it, but not all that interesting that he kept it secret. I am sure plenty of guys keep their health status a secret during slams.

Mkie7
05-26-2009, 10:13 PM
Hmmm.. this is getting interesting by the day. Why do I get the feeling that Nadal is gonna retire before he can get to the finals.

Tennis_Bum
05-26-2009, 10:21 PM
Sure it was nothing too serious he didn't ask for a medical time out.

Only when he's losing, then he'll inherit many physical ailments all of a sudden. But when he's winning, no. You only hear that in the press conference to make his opponents look like crap. That's Nadal for you.

mandy01
05-26-2009, 11:02 PM

EXCUSE

LOOOOOL and you guys wonder why the tired and injured reason is trashed by Federer fans as excuses. :lol: :lol:
Of course you have no idea since you have no clue how hard Roger had to work off court to be able to play . Good.In that case Nadal being 'tired' is the most pathetic excuse floating around

rafan
05-26-2009, 11:08 PM
There is only one source I get my info from and that is the great man himself Rafa. Look on his website for his daily blog. There you have the truth. He admited he played badly and he is going to rectify it - enough said.

tennisplaya
05-27-2009, 12:06 AM
Its not long ago that Nadal complained of knee pains so would it be that surprising if he suddenly had knee problems again?

Nadal mentioned that he had knee pain during his semi final in Madrid (http://www.nationalpost.com/sports/story.html?id=1604200):"Nadal said he struggled with his knee but an anti-inflammatory and some hot cream under the strapping helped."

He also lost the Rotterdam final (http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/sports/2009-02/17/content_7484534.htm) this year with serious knee pain. And before that he lost at Wimbledon and at the US open (http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/30/sports/tennis/30open.html) in 2007, and missed the end of 2008 with the knee problems, so it seems you never know when the knee pains might suddenly hit him. Hopefully there's nothing wrong with his knees yet and it's just a false alarm.

LurkingGod
05-27-2009, 12:44 AM
My goodness..

I feel sick just by reading some of the first few comments in this thread.

Nadal is a player who's had a long history of knee injuries. He had to withdraw from the number of tournament because of them so the seriousness of those injuries were provable. He stated his knee was bothering him and it shouldn't be a surprise because it's plain to see that he didn't move well. It's a reason to be worried and ANY tennis fans who've claimed they 'watch tennis, not just players' should hope the guy'd recover well and be able to play at his best level for the sake of the game.

I was so worried when I first heard about his knee. I prayed to God it wouldn't become worse. It never crossed my mind that I could use his pain as an excuse for his loss in the future.

But what did I see? Haters went all defensive screaming 'OH NO!!! Here come the excuse!!! He must've gotten injured on purpose to use it as an excuse!!!"..blah blah bla.. But you haters hit the lowest when you suggested that Nadal's pain is doing us Nadal fans a favour as a ready-to-use excuse. You think we NEED that?? I thought I heard it all.

No symphathy, no "I wish it wasn't serious", no "What ashame if he couldn't play his best", only the *****ing and moaning about how this would become a future excuse.

Should we Nadal fans feel so blessed right now that the very player we're cheering for has his physical problem at the very start of the tournament? Should we feel relieved and be grateful that God just gives us the excuse if he loses? I wish I was that twisted. I wish I was that insensitive. I SHOULD have seen how his injury would benefit ME and my chance of winning an arguement on TW instead of getting nervous about how it would effect HIM and his chance of defending the title.

Nadal must be so happy that he could lose now without giving anyone credit. That MUST be what he's thinking when he felt the pain. I bet he'd prefer to have some excuse instead of feeling 100%, playing at his best and having no excuse in the bag. That makes perfect sense indeed.

Clay lover
05-27-2009, 01:13 AM
Way to put excuses into Nadal fans' mouths, I know this trick of old, and am freaking sick of it.

If Nadal genuinely felt pain, there's no problem to state it, and I don't think he's planning to use it as an excuse as well, since he didn't lose.

So, neither will Nadal fans.

ninman
05-27-2009, 01:19 AM
Way to put excuses into Nadal fans' mouths, I know this trick of old, and am freaking sick of it.

If Nadal genuinely felt pain, there's no problem to state it, and I don't think he's planning to use it as an excuse as well, since he didn't lose.

So, neither will Nadal fans.

I don't think the OP was trying to make excuses, merely telling us what Nadal said (who also was obviously not trying to make excuses). This thread seems to have gone way off topic. If you're a Nadal fan though, this is a worrying sign. I just hope he makes the final, and Federer wins in an epic 5 set marathon (for a change).

Clay lover
05-27-2009, 01:22 AM
I don't think the OP was trying to make excuses, merely telling us what Nadal said (who also was obviously not trying to make excuses). This thread seems to have gone way off topic. If you're a Nadal fan though, this is a worrying sign. I just hope he makes the final, and Federer wins in an epic 5 set marathon (for a change).

I am fully aware that the OP isn't doing it, but others are trying to put these words into Nadal fans mouth to make them sound like excuses. Sick of it.

ninman
05-27-2009, 01:24 AM
I am fully aware that the OP isn't doing it, but others are trying to put these words into Nadal fans mouth to make them sound like excuses. Sick of it.

I think it's more targeted at the Nadal trolls, rather than actual fans, who will clearly use this as an excuse if Nadal does lose.

Clay lover
05-27-2009, 01:27 AM
I think it's more targeted at the Nadal trolls, rather than actual fans, who will clearly use this as an excuse if Nadal does lose.

Then shame on both the trolls and those who provoke the trolls. It's the same crime to me.

Gen
05-27-2009, 01:36 AM
Nothing is hurting him, he says it clearly in his blog. ANd if anything was wrong, he would have at least wear his protective bandages.

Dirty journeys are lying again to have some attention.

Pidgeon
05-27-2009, 01:43 AM
for the love of god please stop arguing !!
RG has just started lets just enjoy the tennis and discuss the matches ? :s
this bashing is really ruining this forum tbh

LurkingGod
05-27-2009, 01:48 AM
Nothing is hurting him, he says it clearly in his blog. ANd if anything was wrong, he would have at least wear his protective bandages.

Dirty journeys are lying again to have some attention.

Actually he did hurt his knee during the practice and felt the pain during the 2nd set. This came from his camp but his doctor said it's nothing serious.

jamesblakefan#1
05-27-2009, 01:55 AM
My goodness..

Nadal is a player who've had a long history of knee injuries. He had to withdraw from the number of tournament because of them so the seriousness of those injuries were provable. He stated his knee was bothering and it shouldn't be a surprise because it's plain to see that he didn't move well. It's the reason to be worried and ANY tennis fans who've claimed they watch tennis not just players should hope the guy'd recover well and be able to play at his best for the sake of the game.

I was so worried when I first heard about his knee. I prayed to God it wouldn't become worse. It never crossed my mind that I could use his pain as an excuse for his loss in the future.

But what did I see? The hater went all defensive screaming 'OH NO!!! Here come the excuse!!! He must've gotten injured on purpose to use it as an excuse!!!"..blah blah bla.. But you haters hit the lowest when you suggested that Nadal's pain is doing us Nadal fans a favour as a ready-to-use excuse. You think we NEED that?? I thought I heard it all.

No symphathy, no "I wish it wasn't serious", no "What ashame if he couldn't play his best", only the *****ing and moaning about how this would become a future excuse.

Should we Nadal fans feel so blessed right now that the very player we're cheering for has his physical problem at the very start of the tournament? Should we feel relieved and be grateful that God just gives us the excuse if he loses? I wish I was that twisted. I wish I was that insensitive. I SHOULD have seen how his injury would benefit ME and my chance of winning an arguement on TW instead of getting nervous about how it would effect HIM and his chance of defending the title.

Nadal must be so happy that he could lose now without giving anyone credit. That MUST be what he's thinking when he felt the pain. I bet he'd prefer to have some excuse instead of feeling 100%, playing at his best and having no excuse in the bag. That makes perfect sense indeed.

Agreed. It seems at though for some on here, the only pleasure they get in life is from the pain of others, particularly those who are successful. It's a shame, really. Something that's been polluting these boards too often lately. Wishing harm and projecting feelings upon these players, who none of us know personally. Yet we can sit here and call Federer an arrogant jerk, Nadal a crybaby who makes excuses, and Djokovic a quitter. And we don't even know these people personally. It's a shame really. I think the anger and hatred in these boards is at an all time high right now, at a time where we should be celebrating two of the greatest players of all time are playing right now. Instead most are wasting it by wishing harm upon Fed or Nadal or both. Really puts things into perspective.

Clay lover
05-27-2009, 02:04 AM
My goodness..

Nadal is a player who's had a long history of knee injuries. He had to withdraw from the number of tournament because of them so the seriousness of those injuries were provable. He stated his knee was bothering him and it shouldn't be a surprise because it's plain to see that he didn't move well. It's a reason to be worried and ANY tennis fans who've claimed they 'watch tennis, not just players' should hope the guy'd recover well and be able to play at his best level for the sake of the game.

But what did I see? Haters went all defensive screaming 'OH NO!!! Here come the excuse!!! He must've gotten injured on purpose to use it as an excuse!!!"..blah blah bla.. But you haters hit the lowest when you suggested that Nadal's pain is doing us Nadal fans a favour as a ready-to-use excuse. You think we NEED that?? I thought I heard it all.

This is so well written that I am at a loss of words.

roysid
05-27-2009, 02:46 AM
With Nadal, (though I'm not a fan) he usually doesn't get beat when he is fully fit and at his best.
Let's take his losses and see the cause is

===
Doha- Monfils : He didn't bother much.
Rotterdam - Murray: He was injured and give up in 3rd set.
Miami - Del Potro: Wasn't at his best.
Madrid - Federer: He was tired after epic semi.

====
Chennai - Youzhny: He was dead tired after semi.
Australian Open - Tsonga: One match where he was beaten well and square. That's the biggest beating(three straight sets) he got and I enjoyed it so much.
Indian Wells - Djokovic: Was beaten by stronger player on hard court.
Miami - Davydenko: Again beaten by stronger player on hard.
Rome - Ferrero: Blisters. What else.
Cincinati - Djokovic: Tired after last week's win.
US Open - Murray: Tired after hectic schedule.
Madrid - Simon: Tired after hectic schedule.
Paris - Davydenko: Injured.

So, this and previous year when he is world's best player only 3 matches I find where he has been beaten though he was fully fit and giving his best.

Though there are many matches before that (on non-clay) where he was overpowered easily.

OTMPut
05-27-2009, 06:20 AM
With Nadal, (though I'm not a fan) he usually doesn't get beat when he is fully fit and at his best.

===

====
Australian Open - Tsonga: One match where he was beaten well and square. That's the biggest beating(three straight sets) he got and I enjoyed it so much.

So, this and previous year when he is world's best player only 3 matches I find where he has been beaten though he was fully fit and giving his best.

Though there are many matches before that (on non-clay) where he was overpowered easily.

ROFL, this is hilarious.

I have not win wimbledon because i have not bothered really. If i am fully fit and play 100%, no one, even Nadal, can beat me. If i lose to some 4.5 in my club, that is because i am usually tired or do not bother.

icedevil0289
05-27-2009, 07:07 AM

EXCUSE

I'm sorry thetruth, you have every right to believe that fed made up the whole mono, thing, but why would he? Just because he lost? He has lost quite a few times before that and he didn't say oh I had mono. It was even mentioned that he was in the hospital for a bit before the AO or after the AO or whatever. I think it is a bit harsh and unfair to say it is garbage. As far as the back problems go, federer has had on going back problems similar to nadal with his knees. I certainly don't like it being mentioned continuously like some fans do and the same thing goes for mono, but to deny that he has never had mono or back problems imo is just harsh unfair, but your opinion.

icedevil0289
05-27-2009, 07:10 AM
LOOOOOL and you guys wonder why the tired and injured reason is trashed by Federer fans as excuses. :lol: :lol:
Of course you have no idea since you have no clue how hard Roger had to work off court to be able to play . Good.In that case Nadal being 'tired' is the most pathetic excuse floating around

i agree to a certain extent. it reallly bugs me a lot when people say that roger made up the mono thing or back thing. I think that is as dumb as continiously bring it up as an excuse. If you have followed fed's career for a long time, one would know that he has had back problems just like nadal and his knees, but I suppose they don't flare up as much and he has managed his schedule well for years, unlike nadal. As far a the mono goes, I don't get why people think he made it up or he used it an excuse, as if that was the first time he lost.

sureshs
05-27-2009, 07:35 AM
Peter Bodo has analyzed the timings of the mono and back pain announcements, and they have both been like this: no mention about it before the loss, no mention about it immediately after the loss as it will look like an excuse, then it is brought up a few days after the loss when the match has still not been forgotten, this time it is stated that the problem existed from before the match. All too nicely packaged and timed to be completely genuine. There may be something going on, but probably vastly exagerrated.

montx
05-27-2009, 07:39 AM
People tend to analyse, i think its a good skill to have. Truth is everyone has insecurity and jealousy and we all got to try to control it and be grateful for what we got.

tudwell
05-27-2009, 07:43 AM
Peter Bodo has analyzed the timings of the mono and back pain announcements, and they have both been like this: no mention about it before the loss, no mention about it immediately after the loss as it will look like an excuse, then it is brought up a few days after the loss when the match has still not been forgotten, this time it is stated that the problem existed from before the match. All too nicely packaged and timed to be completely genuine. There may be something going on, but probably vastly exagerrated.

Federer pulled out of the quarterfinals of Paris with his back injury. Your theory fails.

Docalex007
05-27-2009, 07:45 AM

===

====

I'm sorry but isn't "not being at your best" a natural part of tennis? That's Nadal's fault isn't it? It happens because he is just like every other player... just a human who cannot be perfect. If Nadal is constantly exhausted and tired after long matches well... isn't that also a part of tennis? Surely all his loses were fair and square with all that in mind.

You play hard you get injured hard. Fair and fair.

bruce38
05-27-2009, 08:06 AM
Long time? It was out at least before indian wells. That's barely a month after the australian open ended. It's courageous to play with it, but not all that interesting that he kept it secret. I am sure plenty of guys keep their health status a secret during slams.

I interpret keeping it a secret as not using it an excuse. I suppose it could be interpreted other ways.

mandy01
05-27-2009, 08:38 AM
Peter Bodo has analyzed the timings of the mono and back pain announcements, and they have both been like this: no mention about it before the loss, no mention about it immediately after the loss as it will look like an excuse, then it is brought up a few days after the loss when the match has still not been forgotten, this time it is stated that the problem existed from before the match. All too nicely packaged and timed to be completely genuine. There may be something going on, but probably vastly exagerrated. LOOOOOOOL This is clas A BS.Since when was Bodo the ultimate authority? Its upto Roger to decide when to announce .
If he announced before-Your gang would accuse him of making preemptive excuses.
If he did it straight after the loss you guys would say the guy never wants to give credit.
Either way,Roger cannot win.
Besides Bodo did not analyze anything exactly along the lines of your post.I cannot rem.his article now but I know that you've definitely exagerrated.
What Bodo also did not do is listen to Pierre Pagannini 's interviews.
You guys basically cry conspiracy for every silly thing.
Your folks are ready to throw in the tired excuse pretty much every time Nadal loses and have the teeth to call a legit illness or injury fake or garbage .
:roll: :roll:

sureshs
05-27-2009, 08:47 AM
Federer pulled out of the quarterfinals of Paris with his back injury. Your theory fails.

He used it as an excuse before that

Muzzafan
The amount of rubbish in this thread is unreal. :roll:

drakulie

Peter Bodo, as evidenced by his article on racquet selection (Pete vs Fed, 85 vs 90) can't even add/subtract. I wouldn't go around quoting him too much. The guy is simply clueless.

sureshs
05-27-2009, 08:52 AM
LOOOOOOOL This is clas A BS.Since when was Bodo the ultimate authority? Its upto Roger to decide when to announce .
If he announced before-Your gang would accuse him of making preemptive excuses.
If he did it straight after the loss you guys would say the guy never wants to give credit.
Either way,Roger cannot win.
Besides Bodo did not analyze anything exactly along the lines of your post.I cannot rem.his article now but I know that you've definitely exagerrated.
What Bodo also did not do is listen to Pierre Pagannini 's interviews.
You guys basically cry conspiracy for every silly thing.
Your folks are ready to throw in the tired excuse pretty much every time Nadal loses and have the teeth to call a legit illness or injury fake or garbage .
:roll: :roll:

I have heard commentators talk about it in a tone which made it clear they did not believe it either. The problem with the mono and back pain excuses is that they didn't seem to affect his energy or his level of play, except that he lost. If he had not come up with those reasons, it would have been accepted as just a loss. There was nothing to show that he was ailing in any way. You don't reach the final of a Slam with lingering mono and back pain. It doesn't sound right.

And if indeed he didn't want to talk about it, then why mention it at all? Why not just keep quiet about the mono and the back? Nobody suspected from his level of play that anything was wrong. Why bring it up at all?

No, there is definitely the ego issue behind all this.

Polaris
05-27-2009, 08:52 AM

You are entitled to your doubts about Federer.

But please: "Bodo" and "analysis" do not belong in the same sentence. The guy is a bad tennis writer. I had the misfortune to look at his Sampras biography last month. It is utterly staggeringly pedestrian, and that is alarming coming from a Sampras fanboy.

sureshs
05-27-2009, 09:02 AM
You are entitled to your doubts about Federer.

But please: "Bodo" and "analysis" do not belong in the same sentence. The guy is a bad tennis writer. I had the misfortune to look at his Sampras biography last month. It is utterly staggeringly pedestrian, and that is alarming coming from a Sampras fanboy.

I don't like him either, but that is not the point here.

mandy01
05-27-2009, 09:31 AM
I have heard commentators talk about it in a tone which made it clear they did not believe it either. The problem with the mono and back pain excuses is that they didn't seem to affect his energy or his level of play, except that he lost. If he had not come up with those reasons, it would have been accepted as just a loss. There was nothing to show that he was ailing in any way. You don't reach the final of a Slam with lingering mono and back pain. It doesn't sound right.

And if indeed he didn't want to talk about it, then why mention it at all? Why not just keep quiet about the mono and the back? Nobody suspected from his level of play that anything was wrong. Why bring it up at all? No, there is definitely the ego issue behind all this.
False.thats it for your bolded part.As for the rest of your post....I can only laugh :lol: :lol:

ksbh
05-27-2009, 09:41 AM
Federer had mono? Well then, the loch ness monster must be real too! LOL!

icedevil0289
05-27-2009, 09:42 AM
Federer had mono? Well then, the loch ness monster must be real too! LOL!

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

mandy01
05-27-2009, 09:46 AM
Nadal was tired? Well then, the loch ness monster must be real too! LOL! fixed it for you :lol:

Polaris
05-27-2009, 09:57 AM
I don't like him either, but that is not the point here.
Liking or disliking Bodo is not the point. Believing his analysis is.

Pirao
05-27-2009, 11:02 AM
Looks like Nadal knee is fine, doesn't it? :rolleyes:

bruce38
05-27-2009, 11:18 AM
Looks like Nadal knee is fine, doesn't it? :rolleyes:

It is until the next time he doesn't finish off an opponent by 6-3 or better. Nadal fans are just waiting to rack up excuses in case of the horrendous happening.

Pirao
05-27-2009, 11:23 AM
It is until the next time he doesn't finish off an opponent by 6-3 or better. Nadal fans are just waiting to rack up excuses in case of the horrendous happening.

I'm a Nadal fan, where are my excuses? :lol:

tudwell
05-27-2009, 12:08 PM
He used it as an excuse before that

When did he do that?

bizarre_opinion
05-27-2009, 12:15 PM
news just in: nadal says he's got something wrong with his left testicle. A full statement on the issue coming soon.

jackson vile
05-27-2009, 12:37 PM
You guys are morons, if Nadal loses then so be it. It will be fair and 100% to anyone that can do it, good luck trying.

No excuses!

Pirao
05-27-2009, 12:39 PM
You guys are morons, if Nadal loses then so be it. It will be fair and 100% to anyone that can do it, good luck trying.

No excuses!

Agreed, 10 chars.

ksbh
05-27-2009, 12:51 PM
Dude (or Dudette!), I've already stated that the 'Nadal was tired' theory is hogwash. I just didn't associate it with a pig until now! :)

Federer has a better chance of winning 5 more Wimbledon titles on the trot than he has of playing competitive tennis with mono. So that story ... is hogwash too!

fixed it for you :lol:

TheTruth
05-27-2009, 06:56 PM
I'm sorry thetruth, you have every right to believe that fed made up the whole mono, thing, but why would he? Just because he lost? He has lost quite a few times before that and he didn't say oh I had mono. It was even mentioned that he was in the hospital for a bit before the AO or after the AO or whatever. I think it is a bit harsh and unfair to say it is garbage. As far as the back problems go, federer has had on going back problems similar to nadal with his knees. I certainly don't like it being mentioned continuously like some fans do and the same thing goes for mono, but to deny that he has never had mono or back problems imo is just harsh unfair, but your opinion.

suresh summed it up perfectly in this thread. Bodo did too. There are quite a few whispers about Federer's mono and back problems. Some writers accept it as truth, and some don't, much like posters.

The reason I don't believe it is because I read the pre, post, and during the tournament articles. Fed's statements just didn't add up. Pre-tournament,he was always fine, great, 100%, but if he lost it was the sickness.

Also,the mono story wasn't broken by him, but by his agent several days after the loss. It seems strange, I guess.

What's puzzling is how it didn't interfere with his schedule. He played all the grand slams and most of the important tournaments. The other players who had mono all missed time off the tour. It seems implausible that anyone can play professional tennis with mono and show absolutely no signs of it.

Now, people automatically think you're bashing if they don't agree with your opinion, but these are my reasons which I think are valid.

IvanAndreevich
05-27-2009, 07:18 PM
Federer has a better chance of winning 5 more Wimbledon titles on the trot than he has of playing competitive tennis with mono. So that story ... is hogwash too!

That's not entirely true. The severity of the symptoms for mono differs individual to individual. Whereas Ancic could only lay in bed for 2 months, Fed may have only felt as if he has the flu.

prosealster
05-27-2009, 07:24 PM
suresh summed it up perfectly in this thread. Bodo did too. There are quite a few whispers about Federer's mono and back problems. Some writers accept it as truth, and some don't, much like posters.

The reason I don't believe it is because I read the pre, post, and during the tournament articles. Fed's statements just didn't add up. Pre-tournament,he was always fine, great, 100%, but if he lost it was the sickness.

Also,the mono story wasn't broken by him, but by his agent several days after the loss. It seems strange, I guess.

What's puzzling is how it didn't interfere with his schedule. He played all the grand slams and most of the important tournaments. The other players who had mono all missed time off the tour. It seems implausible that anyone can play professional tennis with mono and show absolutely no signs of it.

Now, people automatically think you're bashing if they don't agree with your opinion, but these are my reasons which I think are valid.

i didnt follow the whole thread...my response was just directed at above... i know some people are skeptical about the mono issue...but at AO...rog just looked sick to me...even when he straight setted blake and byrdich...i thought he looked sick, not to mention that to me he looked sluggish on court.....most pros dont turn up to a tournment and say i am not 100%...u dont want the opponent to get the mental upper hand by letting them know u r injured/sick or whatever....even the great pete sampras tried to conceal his thalassemia minor for years...dont know for sure whether fed had mono...but he had some pretty bad losses even after AO last year for months..something must have been bothering him

TheTruth
05-27-2009, 08:22 PM
i didnt follow the whole thread...my response was just directed at above... i know some people are skeptical about the mono issue...but at AO...rog just looked sick to me...even when he straight setted blake and byrdich...i thought he looked sick, not to mention that to me he looked sluggish on court.....most pros dont turn up to a tournment and say i am not 100%...u dont want the opponent to get the mental upper hand by letting them know u r injured/sick or whatever....even the great pete sampras tried to conceal his thalassemia minor for years...dont know for sure whether fed had mono...but he had some pretty bad losses even after AO last year for months..something must have been bothering him

Sampras did conceal his Thalassemia minor, but he never implied it was the reason he lost. Nor was there commentating, or articles constantly talking about his illness whenever he suffered a loss.

Of course you don't want your opponents to get an upper hand, but if you really have the illness, didn't you just broadcast it to the world?

Some fans say he looked sick and they could tell. Maybe, as a fan you can see the difference. Me? I'm not a fan. He looked the same to me.

I think those bad losses just came from stagnation. I mean, how long can you keep pummeling the field and derive great satisfaction from it? And then when the winds begin to blow in a different direction it caused him to look inside.

Only Federer knew how much he was having to put in to keep the challengers at bay. He was simply dealing with a transition and had no answers. He let his guard down and suffered those losses.

It may have been a good thing in retrospect, because it made him dig deeper into himself. Now, he's able to put things in perspective. And it seems he's more willing to fight for his wins. He's also become more gracious towards the competition. All in all it should be a good thing, don't you think?

icedevil0289
05-27-2009, 08:22 PM

yeah of course, like I said, you are entitled to your opinion and I'm not bashing you for it. I'm entitled to my opinion and I chose to believe him.

icedevil0289
05-27-2009, 08:24 PM
Sampras did conceal his Thalassemia minor, but he never implied it was the reason he lost. Nor was there commentating, or articles constantly talking about his illness whenever he suffered a loss.

Of course you don't want your opponents to get an upper hand, but if you really have the illness, didn't you just broadcast it to the world?

Some fans say he looked sick and they could tell. Maybe, as a fan you can see the difference. Me? I'm not a fan. He looked the same to me.

I think those bad losses just came from stagnation. I mean, how long can you keep pummeling the field and derive great satisfaction from it? And then when the winds begin to blow in a different direction it caused him to look inside.

Only Federer knew how much he was having to put in to keep the challengers at bay. He was simply dealing with a transition and had no answers. He let his guard down and suffered those losses.

It may have been a good thing in retrospect, because it made him dig deeper into himself. Now, he's able to put things in perspective. And it seems he's more willing to fight for his wins. He's also become more gracious towards the competition. All in all it should be a good thing, don't you think?

:-P:-P:-P:-P Sorry you don't know how happy that makes me feel, especially coming from a nadal fan. I guess you are right. As fans, we do think differently when it comes to our favorite players. None of us truly know what is the truth or not.

NamRanger
05-27-2009, 08:30 PM

Federer said he was sick before the AO; he missed Kooyong and didn't have time to fully prepare. It was fairly obvious that there was something wrong with Federer at the AO; and this was before he said he had mono.

roysid
05-28-2009, 03:44 AM
I'm sorry but isn't "not being at your best" a natural part of tennis? That's Nadal's fault isn't it? It happens because he is just like every other player... just a human who cannot be perfect. If Nadal is constantly exhausted and tired after long matches well... isn't that also a part of tennis? Surely all his loses were fair and square with all that in mind.

You play hard you get injured hard. Fair and fair.
It's right that "not being at best" is part of tennis.
But what happens when he is at his best which is at French and Wimbledon. Can anyone overpower him at Paris.
I hope he can be overpowered at Wimbledon.

Right now he is at the peak. He has to decline some day.

Gen
05-28-2009, 05:09 AM
sorry guys, I'm an idiot, can't do anything about it :lol:

fixed it for you, fixer

DownTheLine
05-28-2009, 05:24 AM

Why would he want give up all those points?

hewittboy
05-28-2009, 05:30 AM
What a group of clowns the leading Nadal fanatics fan brigade are. Think of it:

Nadal_Freak
veroniquem
anointedone
thalivest
TheTruth
Zaragoza

Probably the biggest collection of jokes you will find anywhere on the planet.

mandy01
05-28-2009, 05:47 AM

What's puzzling is how it didn't interfere with his schedule. He played all the grand slams and most of the important tournaments. The other players who had mono all missed time off the tour. It seems implausible that anyone can play professional tennis with mono and show absolutely no signs of it.Now, people automatically think you're bashing if they don't agree with your opinion, but these are my reasons which I think are valid.
Shows that you know nothing.Everybody thought,including Roger that he was sick due to food poisoning.
He did not know about the mono untill Dubai where he did all the tests in detail.What he had was a mild version of mono.
Also,saying you are well and 100% is basically to put yourself in a confident position.If you or Bodo( who's words have been completely exagerrated by Suresh) had read what Pagannini said you'd probably be less ignorant.
Why will Roger fake his illness?
It was obvious,to anyone who knows the game that Roger was extremely sub-par esp in the first few months of the last season.
Andrew Burton who's on Bodo's site and was at Roger's PC during Toronto where a fellow journo also told him that Roger had to work extremely hard off the court to be able to play.
Also,Peter Bodo was speaking more with reference to some fans who were throwing in mono as a reason for pretty much any and every loss.

mandy01
05-28-2009, 05:47 AM

Nadal_Freak
veroniquem
anointedone
thalivest
TheTruth
Zaragoza

You forgot Gen.. :wink:

hewittboy
05-28-2009, 05:49 AM
You forgot Gen.. :wink:

OK, I dont post here much anymore so might not be up on all the new trolls. Does he fit right in with that collection of clown Nadal worshippers I listed?

sureshs
05-28-2009, 09:55 AM

It is possible Fed had some food poisoning and was confined to his hotel room. But the mono and back excuses seem to be carefully "planted." If you are not going to miss a single tournament, are doing reasonably well by most standards other than not winning the final, why mention these ailments at all?

mandy01
05-28-2009, 10:44 AM
It is possible Fed had some food poisoning and was confined to his hotel room. But the mono and back excuses seem to be carefully "planted." If you are not going to miss a single tournament, are doing reasonably well by most standards other than not winning the final, why mention these ailments at all?
OMG..There's no ends to how pathetic some of the posts can be.
Do you understand mild form of mono?
Do you understand that it was pretty much over when it was diagnosed and that he got it in December?
You still keep talking same crap.Unfortunately I cannot find Pagannini's interview ( in French) .Maybe that would've made you shut the hell up.
He did not know he had mono.
And didnt Fed pull out of Paris last year ? Didnt he pull out of Dubai and Davis Cup? And you say the back problem was planted?

In that case even Nadal's knee tendonitis was planted to excuse his USO loss :roll:

IvanYentl
05-28-2009, 11:01 AM

Nope. Durability is a large part of being the best. Ask Cal Ripken, John Stockton, Lance Armstrong, Andre Agassi, Martina Navratilova, Emmitt Smith, the list goes on.

If your knee gives out at the worst possible time, you simply weren't the best on that particular day.

cheers

volleynets
05-28-2009, 12:02 PM
Why has the thread become an argument of "***'s injury is just an excuse and ***'s injury is real."

What do we even know? Are any of us members of Nadal's team or personally know Federer?

Apparently Federer had a back injury and Nadal's left knee hurts right now. Why say that Nadal's is an excuse or Federer just lied about that. For all we know Tennis players go through injuries from time to time so Federer wouldn't simply lie about his back for no reason just like Nadal wouldn't lie about his knees for no reason.

aphex
05-28-2009, 12:02 PM
OK, I dont post here much anymore so might not be up on all the new trolls. Does he fit right in with that collection of clown Nadal worshippers I listed?

you've missed gj011---only veroniquem can compete with him in trollness

these two make nadal_freak seem an impartial and thoughtful individual

OTMPut
05-28-2009, 12:19 PM
If you are not going to miss a single tournament, are doing reasonably well by most standards other than not winning the final, why mention these ailments at all?

Who are you really?

You cannot even serve for nuts after all these years trying and you bring your effed up moralilty to judge someone who has won 13 majors?!

fastdunn
05-28-2009, 02:35 PM
nadal should have not played madrid. or should have tanked the match against verdasco at madrid giving a fellow country man a chance, protecting his own body.

nadal said it's very important to enter french open with great confidence. i interpreted it as confidence against recent challenge from djokovic.

nadal probably has been pressured to be featured in the final of his home country, my guess is. he should be careful though. any injury at this point is a pretty serious threat to his career.

thejoe
05-28-2009, 03:17 PM

Nadal_Freak
veroniquem
anointedone
thalivest
TheTruth
Zaragoza

I like TheTruth and veronique. I don't always agree with them, but at least they are mostly eloquent and well-mannered. Zaragoza isn't bad either.

marc45
05-28-2009, 03:55 PM
shouldn't have played madrid rafa, i warned you

Melissa
05-28-2009, 04:30 PM
Aphex, you're one to talk about trolling. Your post is nothing, if not trolling.

Attacking a poster's personal life is much worse than going on a tennis forum and attacking a tennis player's tennis game.

After four months on here it should be obvious to you that there is a subset of immature individuals who are here explicitly for the purpose of trolling and personally attacking other posters. You just have to accept them for who they are or leave the community. Many have done that over the years and the result is the large number of dummed down post we have now. There was a time when this was an excellent board. But even then there were a few antagonists.

Nadal_Freak
05-28-2009, 04:35 PM

Nadal_Freak
veroniquem
anointedone
thalivest
TheTruth
Zaragoza

I actually like Hewitt. But you are a clown for mentioning us out loud. And I would say the Nadal fans for the most part are good here. But you must really hate Nadal I guess. Anything pro Nadal you must hate.

TheTruth
05-28-2009, 05:09 PM
yeah of course, like I said, you are entitled to your opinion and I'm not bashing you for it. I'm entitled to my opinion and I chose to believe him.

We're all entitled to our opinion. That's what's wrong with these boards. Too many people think only they are entitled to have an opinion.

There's nothing wrong with you believing it and there's nothing wrong with me not believing it. I've never understood where the problem existed.

TheTruth
05-28-2009, 05:11 PM
:-P:-P:-P:-P Sorry you don't know how happy that makes me feel, especially coming from a nadal fan. I guess you are right. As fans, we do think differently when it comes to our favorite players. None of us truly know what is the truth or not.

Thanks for reading between the lines and knowing that that's not bashing Fed. It's simply my take on it.

TheTruth
05-28-2009, 05:13 PM

Nadal_Freak
veroniquem
anointedone
thalivest
TheTruth
Zaragoza

ROFL@ that one. Thanks for including me. Those are, imo, the best this board has to offer. Whoo hoo, that's funny!

TheTruth
05-28-2009, 05:23 PM
Shows that you know nothing.Everybody thought,including Roger that he was sick due to food poisoning.
He did not know about the mono untill Dubai where he did all the tests in detail.What he had was a mild version of mono.
Also,saying you are well and 100% is basically to put yourself in a confident position.If you or Bodo( who's words have been completely exagerrated by Suresh) had read what Pagannini said you'd probably be less ignorant.
1. Why will Roger fake his illness?

2.It was obvious,to anyone who knows the game that Roger was extremely sub-par esp in the first few months of the last season.

Andrew Burton who's on Bodo's site and was at Roger's PC during Toronto where a fellow journo also told him that Roger had to work extremely hard off the court to be able to play.

Also,Peter Bodo was speaking more with reference to some fans who were throwing in mono as a reason for pretty much any and every loss.

1. Because he was losing matches!

2. He's been sub-par this year too, only now it's the back.

3. :::Cough:::

I read too, and I interpret through my own brain, not writers thoughts, commentators, ex-tennis players or any other source. I choose not to believe the spin and you calling me an idiot because we have different opinions...pretty much says it all.

The red parts are unnecessary insults. Terrible way to communicate.

TheTruth
05-28-2009, 05:24 PM

Good question. Why would you mention the illness?

TheTruth
05-28-2009, 05:28 PM
I like TheTruth and veronique. I don't always agree with them, but at least they are mostly eloquent and well-mannered. Zaragoza isn't bad either.

Thanks, thejoe. I don't agree with everything you say either, but I respect the fact that you don't resort to name calling, and even if I don't agree you use logic that allows me to see why you think the way you do.

If it wasn't for you and Icedevil, theduh, and I'm sure a few others:::sigh:::this place would be beyond ridiculous.

zagor
05-28-2009, 05:28 PM
Hope it's nothing serious,Nadal is not my favourite player but don't want to see him injuried since I think he's a nice guy and overall is good for tennis,good ambassador for the game and a tremendous player IMO.

icedevil0289
05-28-2009, 05:41 PM
Hope it's nothing serious,Nadal is not my favourite player but don't want to see him injuried since I think he's a nice guy and overall is good for tennis,good ambassador for the game and a tremendous player IMO.

I'm sure it isn't. Atleast I hope not. However, I do hope nadal learns to manage his schedule better.

zagor
05-28-2009, 05:46 PM
I'm sure it isn't. Atleast I hope not. However, I do hope nadal learns to manage his schedule better.

I don't think it's serious as well.Nadal has some issues with his knees almost every year but he always recovers from them and comes back strong.I agree that he should overall manage his schedule better but he's improving in that regard in the last half a year or so like for example skipping TMC and DC final last year which was a smart decision IMO as he recovered great for AO.

babbette
05-28-2009, 05:55 PM
How are your knees at the moment?
Kate, Liverpool

RN: Very good, thanks. I am feeling good

from his blog

TheTruth
05-28-2009, 05:56 PM

I agree. His scheduling is very head scratching at times.

IvanAndreevich
05-28-2009, 06:12 PM

I read too, and I interpret through my own brain, not writers thoughts, commentators, ex-tennis players or any other source. I choose not to believe the spin and you calling me an idiot because we have different opinions...pretty much says it all.

No matter how respectful you are it doesn't change the fact that it's hatred-inspired Nadal hard-on gibberish with no facts to back up your ludicrous statements :) Either about Nadal being tired or about Federer's mono being a
http://conspiracylol.com/images/conspiracy.jpg
Not really. He played only 1 tournament more than Fed (19 vs 18). That's less than Djokovic and Murray (21 and 23).

rommil
05-28-2009, 09:24 PM

Did you mean butt scratching?

Nadal_Freak
05-28-2009, 09:29 PM
Did you mean butt scratching?
Wow. How clever. :rolleyes:

fednad
05-28-2009, 09:30 PM

I told you all in a thread - he needs to stop Arranging-Rearranging-FurtherRearranging those water bottles.

mandy01
05-29-2009, 01:22 AM

If you noticed nothing wrong with him then I guess we have nothing to talk here.
1)I cannot believe this...this is your logic?I understand you dont have a positive opinion of his..but wow..you have some issues..
2)Nobody is blaming all his losses on his back.Even he did not say that he was losing due to the back.And FYI-Jose Higueras said Roger has had back problems on and off just like many players do.Only in Paris it got a bit serious.Are you saying he's lying too? Wow..you got a bunch of people lying there except yourself.

3) .. I cant believe you stoop to the level of accusing someone suffering from an illness of lying.I'm not blaming all his losses of 08 on mono nor did he.But the first few months were rough for him.

When did I call you an idiot? you are ignorant re ;this because like I said you do not know much about this.

Not to believe the spin? yeah..explain what spin.
How was Roger supposed to not play tournaments when he did not know what he had was mono? why would he not play when the main illness was pretty much over( he got it the previous year towards the end) when diagnosed and what was left were the residual effects or after-effects and he was given a clean chit to play by the doctors?

How was anything I said an insult?Sounds like you're just taking things too personally.Nevertheless if you felt it got too personal I'm sorry.

mandy01
05-29-2009, 01:25 AM
I'm sure it isn't. Atleast I hope not. However, I do hope nadal learns to manage his schedule better. He says he's fine with the schedule..I only wonder why he plays doubles but on the whole I guess thats his choice.He's the one playing out there so its ok.He knows better.