PDA

View Full Version : Well Done Mr Hewitt!

richied
05-26-2009, 03:13 PM
I've never been a huge Hewitt fan, however, I just watched Hewitt's first rounder...massive effort from the former number 1...He still has the heart required. Obviously, he hasn't been fully fit for a while now (though, he looks on top of it now), but, maybe a win like that could put him on the right track again. He's had some tough draws (in slams) when trying to get back into the top 20, often going out to a top 5ver. Doesn't get any easier with Nadal in the 3rd assuming they meet!!! I think he's due for just a little bit of luck!!

He might surprise, even though he hasn't fired on the clay in France.Good LUCK MATE!

Blinkism
05-26-2009, 03:22 PM
Too bad about Nadal being in his draw, though.

Gugafan
05-26-2009, 04:48 PM
I've never been a huge Hewitt fan, however, I just watched Hewitt's first rounder...massive effort from the former number 1...He still has the heart required. Obviously, he hasn't been fully fit for a while now (though, he looks on top of it now), but, maybe a win like that could put him on the right track again. He's had some tough draws (in slams) when trying to get back into the top 20, often going out to a top 5ver. Doesn't get any easier with Nadal in the 3rd assuming they meet!!! I think he's due for just a little bit of luck!!

He might surprise, even though he hasn't fired on the clay in France.Good LUCK MATE!

You make some good points. Hewitt is making a steady rise back up the rankings (48th at the moment). Over the past year or two, its taken the top three players to knock Hewitt off in the slams or masters series. It's good to see that the fire is still there, even after having kids and undergoing hip surgery. Ideally he needs to be seeded at the slams, to build momentum. Hewitt has always been the kind of player that gets firing when he has sufficient matches under his belt (Abit like the AO 05, where he started off slow and started to gain confidence as the tournament
progressed)...Providing he stays fit, top 20 is attainable imo.

msc886
05-26-2009, 05:00 PM
It's unfortunate he got drawn with Nadal but I wish him luck anyway. I hope he plays the match of his life and challenge Nadal.

TheTruth
05-26-2009, 07:38 PM
I like Hewitt. Always have. Hate to see him and Nadal playing so early. They usually have good matches.

DarthMaul
05-26-2009, 08:53 PM
Good luck to Hewitt. He's one of my favourite players.

subaru3169
05-27-2009, 12:49 AM
i'm a bit outdated, but.. is he still with.. kim??

mrDamien
05-27-2009, 08:20 AM
Hewitt forever my favourite players on ATP. If he wins 2nd round on his next tough opponents will be Nadal. Sounds scary.

Trout
05-27-2009, 08:52 AM
Hewitt is my favorite player. If Safin had Hewitt's desire and fight....wow.

mrDamien
05-27-2009, 09:07 AM
i'm a bit outdated, but.. is he still with.. kim??

Oh c'mon dude......where are you from? Go google or yahoo please for more updates.

http://tenniselbowroom.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/tenniselbowroom-dad-federer-hewitt-1.jpg

Trout
05-27-2009, 11:34 AM
Nice straight set win today for Layton!

Now, he faces Nadal.....:shock:

stoble
05-27-2009, 12:28 PM
Yes, more props to Hewitt!

What is he going to do against Nadal? Surely he's not going to try to outgrind him right?

THESEXPISTOL
05-27-2009, 01:43 PM
Oh c'mon dude......where are you from? Go google or yahoo please for more updates.

http://tenniselbowroom.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/tenniselbowroom-dad-federer-hewitt-1.jpg

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL :-)

l_gonzalez
05-27-2009, 01:45 PM
the little girl reminds me a bit of kim clijsters...

tonyg11
05-27-2009, 01:47 PM
Hewitt than Verdasco in the quarters.. no cakewalk for Nadal.

Nadal wears people down. Good thing for Hewitt is that he doesn't get worn down. It's going to be a fight, but Nadal has too much game for Hewitt right now. Maybe if Hewitt keeps improving during his comeback he can be a bigger force at Wimbledon or the US Open.

Defcon
05-27-2009, 01:56 PM
Anyone remember the good ol days when Hewitt was public enemy #1, with his stares, fist pumps and lawsuits. Then Nadal came along with a much bigger fist pump (and bigger fist), and Hewitt got domesticated.

Poor Leyton's an afterthought now.

tournaking
05-27-2009, 02:10 PM
I was very impressed by leyton in the first round, reminded me why I like him so much. Hope he doesn't get demoralised by Nadal and is able to wear him down a bit.

onehandbh
05-27-2009, 02:33 PM
I was very impressed by leyton in the first round, reminded me why I like him so much. Hope he doesn't get demoralised by Nadal and is able to wear him down a bit.

I'd like to see Hewitt do well against Nadal, but I think he hits too flat
and w/o enough power to bother Nadal on the red stuff. I predict Nadal will
win in straight sets.

CCNM
05-27-2009, 03:17 PM
Nadal v. Hewitt? This ought to be good.... BTW Lleyton has a lovely family