PDA

View Full Version : Fernando Gonzalez:F.O. Ready

Conquistador
05-26-2009, 05:53 PM
Is this the guy that everyone should keep their eye on. The Biggest Forehand of All time--should we worry if it doesnt rain in Paris--and Gonzalez is able to crush opponents into submission with his power game. Gonzalez also has a deadly slice drop shot that he baits opponents into his forehand. After a great 1st match---i say we keep our eyes on Gonzalez. I am taking a look at Gonzalez going deep this tournament, are you?

veroniquem
05-26-2009, 06:06 PM
Is this the guy that everyone should keep their eye on. The Biggest Forehand of All time--should we worry if it doesnt rain in Paris--and Gonzalez is able to crush opponents into submission with his power game. Gonzalez also has a deadly slice drop shot that he baits opponents into his forehand. After a great 1st match---i say we keep our eyes on Gonzalez. I am taking a look at Gonzalez going deep this tournament, are you?
Murray looked good too. I'm looking forward to their quarter match. It should be something.

jamesblakefan#1
05-26-2009, 06:12 PM
He's got a good draw. Possibly Safin in the 3rd, Simon if he (Simon) makes the 4th. Whoever wins between he and Safin makes the QF, IMO. After that, I say it's a toss up if he plays Murray. I know a lotta people think Gonzo can upset Murray, but Gonzo is still a streaky player. It depends on his form and how many 4 and 5 setters he has to play. No way he gets past Nadal tho.

Mansewerz
05-26-2009, 06:14 PM
I'd like to see Gonzo's brute force against Murray's strategic shots.

S H O W S T O P P E R !
05-26-2009, 06:15 PM
Gonzalez has Youzhny, Simon, Safin and Murray in his quarter. But he can beat everyone there (Murray's gonna melt down again.) I have Gonzalez to make the QF's and then get beaten to a pulp by Nadal.

Gugafan
05-26-2009, 06:53 PM
With Nadal and Federer around in the draw there is noway he is a title contender at RG. They are bad matchups for Gonzo and tend to expose the weaker sliced backhand. It would take a super human effort for Gonzalez to dictate Fed/Nadal over 5 sets by using the big forehand. I dont think the high risk strategy of trying to run round the backhand and hit forehand winners is going to work against the very best.

tacou
05-26-2009, 07:12 PM
nice to here he's playing well, I look forward to him and Safin/Simon (if all goes accordingly)

Sentinel
05-26-2009, 07:44 PM
Gonzo is streaky, and not the kind to keep hitting winner after winner in one rally/point.
I dont see him diong too well against the more consistent players.

WHats his best performance at RG ?

okdude1992
05-26-2009, 07:55 PM
Gonzo is streaky, and not the kind to keep hitting winner after winner in one rally/point.
I dont see him diong too well against the more consistent players.

WHats his best performance at RG ?

he made the quarters last year before fed beat him in 4 if i remember correctly.
gonzalez won the first set quite easily i believe

ronalditop
05-26-2009, 07:57 PM
his forehand is on fire this last days. And his backhand has improved a lot, he seems to not have as much troubles with high balls than before.

jimbo333
05-27-2009, 08:03 AM
his forehand is on fire this last days. And his backhand has improved a lot, he seems to not have as much troubles with high balls than before.

Hi forehand is as you say "on fire" at the moment:)

I've never seen anyone hit it consistently as fast as Gonzalez!!!