PDA

View Full Version : Anyone notice Sharapova changed up her serve motion?

obnoxious2
05-27-2009, 07:30 AM
It seems that she has abbreviated her serve motion so she can better lead into her serve with her hips to take off as much stress as possible from her shoulders. Though her forehand still looks like she is muscling it through with her shoulders sometimes so i don't know how well that will hold up.

sureshs
05-27-2009, 09:07 AM
She is back, baby! FO is the only Slam she hasn't won and it would be great if she does it this time on her comeback trail.

shell
05-27-2009, 09:11 AM
Yes, I saw that too. She should still be able to generate good power and help her shoulder also.

Justine Henin did this with her serve later in her career, for some of the same reasons.

mrDamien
05-27-2009, 09:18 AM
Oh well Michael Joyce did helped Sharapova a lot to get better on her serve. Hope she could stay for another week.

obnoxious2
05-27-2009, 09:36 AM
Glad she was able to pull out the win today! That 3rd set was just so back and forth.

yellowoctopus
05-27-2009, 09:00 PM
Yes, I saw that too. She should still be able to generate good power and help her shoulder also.

Justine Henin did this with her serve later in her career, for some of the same reasons.

Very true about Henin; I also believe she did it to improve the consistency on her serve. Gosh, I missed having her on the WTA tour.

Say Chi Sin Lo
05-27-2009, 10:39 PM
she needs to change that forehand, or else it's only a matter of time before that shoulder blows out again