PDA

View Full Version : Roddick's PDR+ GT versus retail PDR GT

Nanshiki
05-27-2009, 12:20 PM
I noticed that the bridge on his racquet looks a little different from the retail one. There's a lot more red on it, like the black markings are just a sticker over a regular Pure Drive GT, even though it has his signature on it like it's supposed to. But then again, he might have just signed it himself. LOL.

Anyone have any high quality pictures of his racquet that show the bridge? I want to compare the highlights to the retail one...

For the record, whether or not it's paintjob is irrelevant, I'm sure curious whether it's a modified PDR paintjob or a modified regular Pure Drive made to look like a PDR. I'd guess it was a regular Pure Drive made to like like a Pure Drive Roddick. Kind of ironic though.

Dan007
05-27-2009, 12:29 PM
pure drive roddick looks disgusting in person. I was demoing it and did not like the looks at all. The blue was like cheap blue that are on toys and the throat had too much white stripes that made the frame look shiny.

LPShanet
06-04-2009, 10:12 PM
I noticed that the bridge on his racquet looks a little different from the retail one. There's a lot more red on it, like the black markings are just a sticker over a regular Pure Drive GT, even though it has his signature on it like it's supposed to. But then again, he might have just signed it himself. LOL.

Anyone have any high quality pictures of his racquet that show the bridge? I want to compare the highlights to the retail one...

For the record, whether or not it's paintjob is irrelevant, I'm sure curious whether it's a modified PDR paintjob or a modified regular Pure Drive made to look like a PDR. I'd guess it was a regular Pure Drive made to like like a Pure Drive Roddick. Kind of ironic though.

Correct. Roddick has never used any version of the PDR. He has always played an old version PD with after-market customization (and paint job).

FedererForehand
06-05-2009, 06:24 AM

I've noticed that his bridge is different as well. The retail version has an all black bridge where as Roddick's actualy frame has red on the top and is black on the sides.

Nanshiki
06-05-2009, 12:07 PM
Correct. Roddick has never used any version of the PDR. He has always played an old version PD with after-market customization (and paint job).

Although to be fair, the PDR has the same color grip (apparently) and is also closer to the weight he uses. Plus the PDR is designed to look like it has lead tape on it.

Tofuspeedstar
06-05-2009, 10:30 PM
I hated the Paint on mine so much I'm painting it right now.

<3 the way the racquet plays though.

But if I remember right I think Andy is using the old school PD+ w/ a paint job and customization, but I could be wrong.

LPShanet
06-06-2009, 12:03 AM
I hated the Paint on mine so much I'm painting it right now.

<3 the way the racquet plays though.

But if I remember right I think Andy is using the old school PD+ w/ a paint job and customization, but I could be wrong.

Nope, you're right...and it's already been said upthread.