PDA

View Full Version : How many pros are using non-pauntjob frame?

hondas2k
05-28-2009, 06:09 PM
I was just wondering that how many pros are using non-paintjob frame (retail version)?

martini1
05-28-2009, 06:38 PM
The Prince users.

OliverSimon
05-28-2009, 07:07 PM
Wawrinka - MG Prestige. Federer - K90

wilsondude
05-28-2009, 07:30 PM
Wawrinka - MG Prestige. Federer - K90
swiss trend i see

featherlight
05-28-2009, 08:49 PM
santoro.....

NickC
05-29-2009, 10:42 AM
The Prince users.

Most of them.

Federer - K90

No.

santoro.....

No. He still uses an old PT260

matchmaker
05-29-2009, 10:55 AM
I don't think any pro uses a stock frame, so one could say they all use paint jobs, in a way that if you buy the frame in a shop, it would not be the same as the one the pro player has in his hands.

Many use paintjobs of racquets that have a different mold than the one they are using.

I think Fed uses a racquet quite close to the K90, though. And Nadal a heavily leaded up APD, but I believe he uses the non-cortex version whereas he has a cortex PJ.

These are probably two cases of paintjobs close to retail version, the rest of the pros use often entirely different racquets than the one their paintjob indicates.

FedererForehand
05-29-2009, 12:15 PM
santoro.....

Nope- he is still using a Flexpoint PJ. There are pics somewhere in this section of it. Flexpoint holes are clearly painted on.

OliverSimon
05-29-2009, 01:40 PM
Nope- he is still using a Flexpoint PJ. There are pics somewhere in this section of it. Flexpoint holes are clearly painted on.

Yep hes using an extended pro tour 260

LPShanet
06-04-2009, 10:06 PM
The Prince users.

Although now that there are a few generations of the 03 frames out, they're starting to paintjob some of those, too.

LPShanet
06-04-2009, 10:10 PM
I don't think any pro uses a stock frame, so one could say they all use paint jobs, in a way that if you buy the frame in a shop, it would not be the same as the one the pro player has in his hands.

Many use paintjobs of racquets that have a different mold than the one they are using.

I think Fed uses a racquet quite close to the K90, though. And Nadal a heavily leaded up APD, but I believe he uses the non-cortex version whereas he has a cortex PJ.

These are probably two cases of paintjobs close to retail version, the rest of the pros use often entirely different racquets than the one their paintjob indicates.

Usually when we talk about paint jobs, we don't include stock frames that are simply customized after-market (unless the stock frame is different from what the paint says). After-market customization alone doesn't make a paint job, but there aren't that many of them out there.

As for Nadal's APD, it is indeed the non-cortex version, but probably isn't exactly stock, as its balance it not achievable when starting with a stock APD of any retail kind. The mold is certainly the regular APD mold, but the handle composition is a bit different, and the layup may be as well, allowing for slightly greater flex and a more head heavy balance without a great increase in overall weight. He's one of the few Babolat guys whose frame isn't based completely on some (either old or current) standard stock frame.

martini1
06-11-2009, 08:25 PM
Although now that there are a few generations of the 03 frames out, they're starting to paintjob some of those, too.

You mean the EXO? The shape of those holes are very different. People can spot them from a mile away.

LPShanet
06-12-2009, 09:48 AM
You mean the EXO? The shape of those holes are very different. People can spot them from a mile away.

As far as I know, most of the EXO3 players are using actual EXO frames. I was referring to some first generation 03 users pjing for later versions, such as Ozone, etc.

martini1
06-12-2009, 04:40 PM
As far as I know, most of the EXO3 players are using actual EXO frames. I was referring to some first generation 03 users pjing for later versions, such as Ozone, etc.

IC. But the first gen O3 doesn't have holes on 3 n 9 tho... They would have to pj some fake holes.