PDA

View Full Version : Babolat PC standard ...... tension and set up???

mark nouillan
02-22-2004, 12:45 PM
I have been using the babolat PC 97" for a few months and love it, I have been stringing it higher and higher, to get the most of it's control (i don't need power)

I find I am painting lines and just hitting effortless winners and incredible accuracy! :lol:

My only problem is i am getting slightly over the recommended tensions at 57lbs...........does anyone else do this and do they think I am risking the frame

thanks for any advice!!

mattlikovich
02-22-2004, 01:05 PM
yeah, i string mine on 60, i think you can go up to 65
matt

kreative
02-22-2004, 04:34 PM
babolat frames should be able to be strung up to 65 w/o any problems. above 60lbs, it is said that you will negate the babolat "woofer" technology.

mark nouillan
02-22-2004, 04:40 PM
thanks for the info guys.........I have checked the stats at TW and it states that the tension range is 48-66Lbs, but my racquet says 50-55Lbs????

I don't know what the deal is?

bcaz
02-22-2004, 08:00 PM
THere is lots of stuff in the archives on this issue. The conventional wisdom is: you can go up to about 66 lbs. on this frame, but tensions above 57 lbs. or so will negate the "woofer" effect, for what it's worth. I have one and hit with it occasionally, most recently three nights ago. I have mine strung at 56 lbs. with NRG2 17g. It's too powerful, but I think the racquet is designed to take advantage of the woofers, otherwise why not just use another frame? It may benefit from a stiffer string -- NRG2 is pretty soft and powerful -- but I would stay below 57 lbs. Many other players have posted good results at higher tensions, citing improved control. My take is the PC is intented to be a power-banger player's racquet, with better control but similar pop and spin to the Pure Drive.