PDA

View Full Version : College Tennis Questions

tennisnut16
05-29-2009, 02:50 PM
Hi
Does anybody have a list of schools for each level (Div 1, 2, 3)?
Do div 1 schools give scholarships and if so, whcih ones? (I heard that some don't)
How does the tennis system work? touraments, etc? ( I am a noob and I don't live in the states)
Thanks in advance for these (probably) stupid questions.

deddied
05-29-2009, 08:46 PM
go to ncaa.com

ClarkC
05-29-2009, 10:06 PM
tennisrecruiting.net has good lists by NCAA division. Click on "Men's Teams" or "Women's Teams" on the left column of the home page. You will see teams by conference.

tennisnut16
05-30-2009, 06:55 AM
If I am in Canada, can I still use tennisrecruiting?

ClarkC
05-31-2009, 07:51 PM

Use it for what?

tennisjon
06-01-2009, 09:28 AM
Although D1, D2, and NAIA schools may give scholarships, many of them do not have scholarships available especially for men's tennis. Schools that do have scholarships usually give partial and not full scholarships. Smart coaches are able to package academic and athletic scholarships as to not use up all of their athletic scholarship budget. Even though D3 schools do not give scholarships, there is an overlap in costs and tennis levels across the divisions. Where I coach, tuition is one of the most expensive in the country, however, approximately 95% or more of the students receive some sort of academic aid.

tennismom42
06-02-2009, 07:59 PM
I'd suggest you talk to Hugo Verdi-Fortin. He's a TRN whiz kid. He's from Canada too, but he knows the the NCAA system quite well. I can't say enough about that kid. Any college would be fortunate to get him.