PDA

View Full Version : dont you hate it when......

mcutilize
05-29-2009, 08:26 PM
your playing someone that has like a group of "cheerleaders" who clap whenever you make an error and you just want to tell them to shut up but they are a group of 4-5 girls that are extremely hot? haha it sucked it happened and i lost my match 8-3. if it were any other people like dudes i would've personally kicked their *** but i couldn't do that to some hot chicks. yeah im 14

kchau
05-29-2009, 08:43 PM
8-3?
how does that work

DownTheLine
05-29-2009, 09:16 PM
8 game pro set probably JV?

Xtreme
05-29-2009, 09:42 PM
happened to me during the high school season. I was playing a pretty low level guy but his buddy behind the fence to my right wouldn't shut the hell up. Always booed at me before i would hit the ball or yelled/ screamed when i served. Long story short i won 6-1 after i told him to shut his trap:twisted:

iamgoat
05-29-2009, 10:07 PM
yeah. it sucks when you realise your opponent is a complete dick as well.

T1000
05-30-2009, 06:39 AM
This has happened to me a lot (I know, my luck sucks...)

First time the kids girlfriend and her friends were there. They didn't cheer when I hit an error (easy forehand, or double fault), but every time he forced the error or he hit a winner they went crazy. They weren't jerks but it got annoying. (I won in 3)

Second time my opponent had at least twenty kids cheering him on. They booed everytime I won a point and were making weird sounds. I played on and won 6-1 6-1 followed by a huge cmon with a vicht salute directed right at them (uncalled for but felt good at the time)

The third time the kids family was cheering everything as loud as they could. Everytime I called something close out they booed me and asked if I needed glasses. Both the kids and the family was cheering my double faults and errors. I cheered his double fault (one set point to bring it to a third set) and one of the parents said, "Wow, what a bad sport to cheer a double fault." I lost in three tight sets.

scraps234
05-30-2009, 07:58 AM
well for me its a group of 10 but its guys and girls... atleast they didnt train my opponet to cheat or anything... i just got annoyed at the clapping which is i guess a good strategy to get into your opponets head...however i will never start a fight because i saw some get banned from an expensive tournament because he pushed someone and started a fight

a_2c+
05-30-2009, 08:59 AM
now I feel bad... Whenever I am cheering for one of my doubles teams that is playing against one school's doubles team that is EXTREMELY well known for cheating line calls, I initiate the claps on the opponents' unforced/forced errors, etc...

Then again, I only do this against players who have horrid sportsmanship and are well known to make horrid line calls.... So, I don't feel bad after all. :P

redfred
05-30-2009, 10:42 AM
yeah.this happens to me all the time.once during a conference match.the kid who i was playing.like his whole team would cheer whenever i would hit a ball out or double fault.so i ended up cussing them out.and i got a couple of points taken away.i ended up losing the match in the third set.and took second in the tournament. if i ever see those kids again there will be hell to pay.

Noaler
05-30-2009, 10:55 AM
dude, i just clap for my friends when there's a really good point even if the opponent won the point

scraps234
05-30-2009, 11:29 AM
now I feel bad... Whenever I am cheering for one of my doubles teams that is playing against one school's doubles team that is EXTREMELY well known for cheating line calls, I initiate the claps on the opponents' unforced/forced errors, etc...

Then again, I only do this against players who have horrid sportsmanship and are well known to make horrid line calls.... So, I don't feel bad after all. :P

i do do this aswell and i feel bad sometimes to... but if they are cheating then i could care less

mcutilize
06-03-2009, 07:02 PM
no this was not jv as i made varsity this year since it was my frehsman year

this happened to me during a consolation match in a champs tourney

coyfish
06-03-2009, 07:35 PM
Dude your 14. If they **** your off just look at them and say "come on." Don't have to be nasty or anything just let them know and they will stop. Its not like if you suck it up and let them bother you they will all ask you out or something :).

miniRafa386
06-04-2009, 04:48 PM
if theyre hot, try hitting on them ;)

coyfish
06-04-2009, 07:38 PM
Yeah load up an ace and yell out, "hey baby. . . where do you want me to put it ?"

mikeler
06-05-2009, 05:35 AM
I had this happen in an NTRP tournament one time. I played a seed so he had a bye. It was my 2nd match of the day and the heat was brutal. The cheering section ****ed me off enough that I got off to a big lead, but then got heat exhaustion and could do nothing about it. I think I lost the last 10 games all the while hearing that stupid cheering.

cadillac303
06-05-2009, 07:32 PM
They are annoying but ultimately they make you stronger, and it will give you a better ability to focus on what's important and block out distractions.

kobe3pointer
06-06-2009, 06:01 PM
It is pretty annoying, but it is part of the game.

I had a similar experience where I completely killed the kid I was playing. Intentionally aimed for his face, and one point he actually ducked and I got the winner. That really shut the parents up.

Storm_Kyori
06-08-2009, 10:21 PM
I've seen that on some league matches. The wives of the players are out there and yick-yack on everything. "That was out" "He went right at him, that's not good sportsmanship" etc. They cheer when the other player makes a mistake. Then our team implodes

BorisBeckerFan
06-08-2009, 11:34 PM
I don't play juniors as I am too old but long ago when I did play junior tennis I had a rather sizeable cheering section mostly due to the fact that I have a large extended family with nothing to do other than to go to each others events. I would always have to remind them to be respectful of the other player and to not go crazy over every single point. It can be rather embarassing having 20 or 30 people cheering for you and and the other kid only has his mom or dad there. It's specially embarassing when you lose.

P8ntballa
06-08-2009, 11:59 PM
your playing someone that has like a group of "cheerleaders" who clap whenever you make an error and you just want to tell them to shut up but they are a group of 4-5 girls that are extremely hot? haha it sucked it happened and i lost my match 8-3. if it were any other people like dudes i would've personally kicked their *** but i couldn't do that to some hot chicks. yeah im 14

Shut them up! This has happened to me a ton of times, hit a winner and fist pump into the cheering sections face or let out some big COME ON's and just stare at them with either a blank or slightly mean look. I will personally guarantee this will quiet them down quite a bit. If they are 'hot' girls this method will work even faster. Iv only had this happen with a group of dudes once and when they saw me glaring at them they knew I was getting ****ed and they went silent. Im pretty imposing at 6'8" so this might not work as quickly for you, but they will get the hint after awhile and shut up.

Pink_Shirt
07-31-2009, 03:06 PM
My girlfriend always comes to my matches and she always brings her loud friends, they have no idea what's going on but it's pretty distracting and embarrassing. Ahh, college.