PDA

View Full Version : Gamma Plan On Sponsorship?

Conquistador
05-30-2009, 07:02 PM
Anyone know if Gamma will offer a professional to play its racquets. Ive hear big reviews about the T-5 racquet (same specs as a Babolat AeroDrive Nadal) and their newest line the Tour 330X. To see quality stuff come from Gamma--where are the pros?

OliverSimon
05-30-2009, 09:28 PM
I guess its hard getting pros to sign with Gamma because many of them already have long term contracts. I think they have great stuff and will develop eventually.

stanfordtennis alum
05-31-2009, 01:13 PM
prob will.. but the pro's is not their target market

Conquistador
05-31-2009, 04:34 PM
prob will.. but the pro's is not their target market

They have pro material frames. Their overgrip is the best in the world. WHy havent they done anything

Lefty5
06-02-2009, 08:17 AM
They have pro material frames. Their overgrip is the best in the world. WHy havent they done anything

Because neither of those statements are true. Frames are old chinese closeouts and grips are actually some of the worst. I find it hard to believe Gamma hasn't tried.... Fact is, pro's won't even get paid to use total crap, there has to be some merit somewhere.

Conquistador
06-02-2009, 03:05 PM
Because neither of those statements are true. Frames are old chinese closeouts and grips are actually some of the worst. I find it hard to believe Gamma hasn't tried.... Fact is, pro's won't even get paid to use total crap, there has to be some merit somewhere.

Are you kidding me? Gamma is one of the best QC in the world. Theyre racquets are quality, their overgrip lasts a lot longer than wilson or tournagrip. People just dont know about their products because nobody has the guts to use them because they dont see pros using them. You know Im right.

Bogie
06-02-2009, 09:14 PM
i'm actually with lefty5 on this one. their racquets are absolutely nothing special and their grips have a considerably worse feel that tourna or wilson pro

Conquistador
06-03-2009, 04:39 PM
i'm actually with lefty5 on this one. their racquets are absolutely nothing special and their grips have a considerably worse feel that tourna or wilson pro

How arent they special? They don't mass produce their racquets. Most can agree that a manufacturer like Gamma with less production has the best quality [K]ontrol.

Conquistador
06-03-2009, 05:46 PM

You probally have never hit with their T series or their new 330 series. Chances are most people on this forum would laugh if they saw someone with a Gamma racquet. The only reason they would laugh is because they don't see any professionals using them. Look at the specs of these racquets. They challenge Babolat in every phase. Look for Gamma to be the next big company as far as im concerned. Gamma has the ability to explode into tennis juggernaut. Give gamma a few more years, the development is coming along nicely. Their racquets should be worth demoing for everyone.

LPShanet
06-04-2009, 10:55 PM

That's not really accurate. Gamma's materials, etc. are comparable to everyone else's, and pros would happily use them if compensated equivalently to the endorsement contracts of other manufacturers.

The reason Gamma isn't used by pros, and probably won't be in the immediate future, is that pro sponsorship isn't part of Gamma's marketing plan. Gamma's believes their marketing budget doesn't allow them to sign enough (and prestigious enough) pros to make an impact that way. They have decided that at their budget level, the money is better spent promoting the frames at the specialty store and pro shop level. Similarly, they have no real presence in string endorsements either. It's a matter of budget size and marketing philosophy. There are a number of product lines with very little pro sponsorship, even from big companies. For example, Wilson and Head both make high quality shoes that are sold through some of the same channels as Gamma racquets, but neither have a presence on the pro tour. This has nothing to do with quality, and everything to do with marketing strategy. There are many more such examples.

NB: This may eventually change down the road, if they grow enough that their marketing budget increases to a level that would allow it, and if their marketing department changes their view/strategy. After all, there was a time when Babolat didn't sponsor anyone in the racquet category, and the same is true for Tecnifibre/Major.