PDA

View Full Version : Help Me Call Out A Teammate

Cindysphinx
05-31-2009, 05:21 PM
So I'm minding my own business, waiting with my teammates for my 4.0 match to start. And I overhear someone say we only had six players so far. Then another lady said, "Cindy's not here yet."

I casually waved my hand and said I was there. And she comes up to me, lowers her voice to a conspiratorial whisper and says, "Are you Cindysphinx, from the tennis forum?"

:gulp:

Uh oh. I'm busted. This cannot be good, I thought. "Yeah, that's me."

Thankfully, she didn't punch my lights out or anything. She was very nice, in fact. We had a pleasant little conversation about something that has come up on this board -- no need to say just what. She put the pieces together and figured out we were teammates.

And then we took the court.

Now, I would be lying if I said I didn't have one eye watching her court, to see how she plays. Answer: She plays really well! My goodness. I saw lots of good shots and some fierce groundstrokes. It figures: She's an honest-to-goodness 4.0, not a 3.5 poser like me.

Anyway, she says she lurks here, and I don't know her screen name. Maybe if you guys make enough noise she will de-lurk and say hello.

Hello? Are ya out there?

Cindy -- stoked that we got the team win tonight and who played some Seriously Constipated Tennis

Tenski
05-31-2009, 06:07 PM
Cindy--we in NOVA and MCO know who you are, for some time now. Topaz too. Raiden also. Keep posting--it's great reading.
Tenski

Cindysphinx
05-31-2009, 06:12 PM
Cindy--we in NOVA and MCO know who you are, for some time now. Topaz too. Raiden also. Keep posting--it's great reading.
Tenski

Hey, are you the teammate I met? Or another lurker?

And thanks for the kind words. Maybe we'll get a chance to play soon?

ksteph
06-01-2009, 04:58 AM
Hi Cindy!!

You are way too kind. Yesterday just wasn't in the cards for me and my partner. Let us all congratulate Cindy on her 4.0 win yesterday! Cindy, you have a great serve and your net game is awesome. Keep up the good work. :)

Cindysphinx
06-01-2009, 08:32 AM
Wow!! Post Number One!! Huzzah!

Getting the win was nice, but my 3.5 partner and I drew two 3.5 players, so I can't call it a proper 4.0 win. Still, I've certainly been known to give away matches like that, so maybe we can score it as progress.

I hope to see you at one of the practices soon, 'kay?

Cindy -- secretly hoping the captain will pair her with Ksteph for a match or two because they would hand out a beating to someone for sure

sureshs
06-01-2009, 08:40 AM
Cindy's fame has spread far and wide to distant lands

Venetian
06-01-2009, 05:56 PM
I wonder how many people lurk around the forums without ever posting.

Topaz
06-01-2009, 05:57 PM
Tenski

That's interesting...I don't know anyone in MOCO except for Cindy.

*eyebrow*

Tenski, do we get some hints on you, or no?

Figjam
06-01-2009, 09:39 PM
Um.... this aint twitter, why didnt you just get her info IN PERSON...

you must be a house wife

subaru3169
06-02-2009, 12:00 AM
cindy must be really famous lol

raiden031
06-02-2009, 02:46 AM
That's interesting...I don't know anyone in MOCO except for Cindy.

*eyebrow*

Tenski, do we get some hints on you, or no?

My guess is they have found us in tennislink. I doubt they know us personally, well me anyways.

J011yroger
06-02-2009, 03:18 AM
I wonder how many people lurk around the forums without ever posting.

Lots. . . like more than double the amount who post.

J