PDA

View Full Version : Coria's O3 Tour

edog
03-19-2005, 02:10 PM
I think the new 03 technology is pretty cool and would like if any whos played with the Tour model to express their opinions here. I'm currently using a LM Prestige MP and I'm always looking for a racquet that would better fit my game. That being said, I was looking for something with a little more power that might be more forgiving when I don't hit the sweetspot (the O3 technology sounds perfect for this obviously). Last, does anyone know when the Tour with be hitting store shelves. TW says sometime in April while the Prince website says May.

edog
03-19-2005, 02:28 PM
oh yeah one more question. I've noticed that a lot of people have been able to get their hands on the racquet early. Is this a benefit of being sponsored/ connected with prince? Do tennis dealers get the racquets early and are they able to demo the racquets themselves and is there any other way I could get my hands on one of these before its released? Thanks a lot

edog
03-19-2005, 04:20 PM
cmon guys please help me out

ClemsonTennis9
03-19-2005, 04:48 PM
what i've heard is that the prince o3 tour will hit the "public" (anyone without sponsorships) in late april early may. i have heard many different variations of what the specs will be, so i dont know which one is true.

edog
03-19-2005, 05:12 PM
does anyone know how the Tour would compare to my LM Prestige MP?

el_mago
03-19-2005, 05:17 PM
The O3 tour is scheduled to be released April 1.

edog
03-19-2005, 06:26 PM
Thanks el mago, the release date is sooner than I thought it would be. Has anyone playtested the racquet extensively enough to know how it would compare to the LM Prestige MP? I'm not really satisfied with the performance I've been getting and am looking to change to something a tiny bit lighter, more powerful, and forgiving but that still maints many characteristics of a player's racquet.

edog
03-19-2005, 07:53 PM
If you guys have any other suggestions I would be happy to hear them.

Fee
03-19-2005, 09:17 PM
There are so many threads on this racquet already. Did you happen to read any of them?

sms2157
03-20-2005, 08:44 AM
I have tested all three models of the new Prince line - the Grey is extremely powerful - the red is a tweener racquet and the new Coria is a full players racquet - there is a rumor that there will be a fourth in the line a "blue" model that is to play like the shark - Gambill is either switching or has also switched to the new line

Fee
03-20-2005, 10:16 AM
JanMike has not switched, they are still working with him on a racquet that he can use. He's still using his (thunder)Shark.

edog
03-20-2005, 05:50 PM
Because I have no connections with Prince I was wondering if there is any other way to get a hold of the racquet early. Do dealers get racquets before they are allowed to sell them, and if so, are they able to let people demo them.

splink779
03-20-2005, 06:13 PM
There is a blue model. You can find all the specs of these 4 racquets (at least the international versions) on foreign sites. Just search O3 tour on this message board.

raven5288
03-20-2005, 08:02 PM
wait wait wait.....you wanna switch from the LM prestige MP?! Madness! No offense or anything, but if you're disappointed with the performance you've been getting, you have no one to blame but yourself. It's not the racquets faut buddy.

mido
03-20-2005, 08:33 PM
edog, see my post
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=44931

Fee is correct, Gambill played still with Shark in ATP Challenger in Sunrise, FL this week.
Davide Sanguinetti, who played with O3 Tour got to the final (lost to Karol Beck).

edog
03-23-2005, 07:27 PM
In response to Raven5288- I understand what you mean. I think the LM Prestige is a great racquet. However, I purchased it before I was really able to handle a play a true players racquet that is as control oriented as the prestige is. I just need something a little lighter and less demanding to fit my game right now. I think the O3 Tour might fit the bill perfectly, or something like the Dunlop MFil 300.

If anyone has updated impressions of the O3 Tour please keep me updated.

Alex
03-24-2005, 11:55 PM
From various pictures from getty image and yahoo sports... it look clearly that Coris is playing with a 28 inches O3 Tour.

Kinda wish Prince make the Tour 2.5 or 27.25 inches ....

fchoe74
04-05-2005, 02:02 AM
oh my goodness! the prince 03 tour was one the best tennis rackets i have ever hit it! not only is the manuverability at net excellent, it is not that heavy, and i achieved excellent control from it, without sacrificing any power. also i have been able to hit with more topspin, add more pop to my serves, and hit harder serves. this is a racket you definitely should try. also try the head flexpoint.

Volkano
04-05-2005, 03:17 AM
The O3 tour is scheduled to be released April 1.

Could be a good decision on the part of Prince marketing dept - if the frame turns out to be a dog, at least they have some sort of defence to fall back on.

fleabitten
04-05-2005, 06:49 PM
edog, look in the racquet gear thread. there are many reviews of the 03 tour, mine included. sounds like the red would suit you better than the tour - the tour is very dampened and does not have much power (of course, it is a tour racquet.)
fb

edge
04-28-2005, 10:35 PM
edog, Prince said that they sold 17,000 O3 Tour racquets before the public launch. It is their most popular racquet for tournamnet juniors. Prince is sending a O3 Tour demo to my son who is a Prince preferred player. If he likes it, he can purchase a 6 racquet, 10 strings, bag, shirts, etc. for $439. I'll let you know what he thinks after demoing the stick. Like you, he currently uses the LM Prestige MP but would like a little more power and spin without sacrificing control so he's going to demo the O3 Tour, the Volkl 10 Mid Gen II and the Wilson ncode 95.