PDA

View Full Version : Nick Bolletieri Tennis Academy summer camp for juniors

magogami
05-31-2009, 07:43 PM
Has anyone gone there for the summer camp? If so, how was it?

magogami
06-06-2009, 06:42 PM
Anyone????

120mphBodyServe
06-06-2009, 11:24 PM
If you go there.. Prepare to have the fun whipped out of you..
You have been warned...

subaru3169
06-06-2009, 11:35 PM
the program there is very much intense.. i just played with a girl who trained there as a junior tonight, it's a TOUGH program

magogami
06-07-2009, 07:31 AM
If you go there.. Prepare to have the fun whipped out of you..
You have been warned...

It's not fun at all? Is it because they are really strict or something?

magogami
06-07-2009, 07:31 AM
the program there is very much intense.. i just played with a girl who trained there as a junior tonight, it's a TOUGH program

Were you talking to her and she said it was really intense?

subaru3169
06-07-2009, 11:32 AM
Were you talking to her and she said it was really intense?

well i just met her last night and she told me some things.. but i have also trained with ppl who came from there as a junior and they've told me stories about it

i think either if it's just for the summer or a full blown scholarship to simply live tennis there, it won't be a walk in the park.. but any player will become much smarter when they get out

TTArgentina
06-12-2009, 08:24 PM
Look for more options about High Competitive Intensive Tennis Programs in other parts of the words.

There are very good High Competitive Intensive Tennis Program all over the word. TTArgentina.com (http://www.ttargentina.com/nota_detalle.asp?grupo=4&nota=60) offers a very successful one in Buenos Aires, Argentina.

http://www.ttargentina.com/nota_detalle.asp?grupo=4&nota=60

Drop Shot 11
06-13-2009, 09:48 PM
Yes.
Good.
Be prepared to spend lots of money, and don't goof off.

Devilito
06-14-2009, 09:45 AM
it's great if you want to show your kid what is really takes in terms of training to get to a higher level. I loved tennis so for me it was fun. I found the people there very nice. If you're thinking about sending your kid there for a 2-4 week camp i'd say go for it. Great experience.

nocompromise2009
06-15-2009, 06:06 PM
i got an email from them giving me like $300 dollars off, did anyone else get this

Blake0
06-17-2009, 09:14 PM
If you want a more fun based, but good learning experience i recommend trying John Newcombes tennis ranch.

duusoo
06-25-2009, 03:40 PM
Its well worth it. The atmosphere is great for aspiring players. Plus on any day, a top pro may drop in to be training. Its really good. Yes, you work hard, but its an exposure event that lets you know how hard you want to keep working. Nick himself is usually around, and amazingly will take time to talk to the players.

Tennisidentity
06-28-2009, 05:49 PM
My kid went there. Check that they have updated the accommodations. After so much great tennis some kids just want to sleep. It was tough with so many kids packed in one room. Kids keeping others up till all hours was not great.

Tennisidentity
06-28-2009, 05:50 PM
I recommend looking into the camp at Saddlebrook. Nice program all around. My kids have loved it.

CharlieB
07-02-2009, 10:09 AM
I went for a week for the adult program and my son went for the junior program during November. I must say that the adult program is well organized, the facilities were great, the groups formed during the screening process (before the program starts) were very even. The coaches were fun, feeding A LOT of balls during the drills, pushing anyone to exhaustion. Usually there are 4 adults per court, depending on the drill. I was on a "advanced group" that consistently had 3 players.

The most difficult part of the program is the physical side of it. I thought I was in great shape but they managed to get me tired. My "diet" during the week consisted on at least a couple of Aleve's a day plus sports creams on a daily basis. Food was good and plentiful. I stayed outside the Academy at a nearby hotel and it turned out to be a good choice. Although the coaches are good the level of individual play is not there at least in the adult program.

The junior program is not that great as there were too many kids at the time. They had a turnaround of 500 kids during the summer, thus not much attention placed on the kids. My son had a good time because I was there with him and we did many activities. I must say that the only way a good youth player can take advantage at Bolletieri is by having individual coaching lessons while they stay there.

Other significant aspect is that Bolletieri's program for kids attempts to have all the kids hit the same way, instead of working with a kid that already has good form and technique. My son was placed in a group of kids that were there just for the fun but did not play much serious tennis. They put him to play with one their Russian prospects during the last couple of days. Not until then he was pushed in his tennis.

He won a tournament that included a week a Bolletieri during the end of July. He is now 11 and placed #1 in his category (10-12) and #3 in the following category. He is going with 2 friends so I will have a second opinion soon.

Do I recommend it? If you have a group of friends and would like to have a good time, yes. The downside is that there is not much to do around Bradentown.

I have a couple of friends whose kids graduated from Bolletieri and got scholarships for Universities in the US. The attention and intensity varies significantly if you are a regular (on board) student there or not.

Cheers,

Charlie