PDA

View Full Version : buying US Open tickets for the first year

prestige_player
06-02-2009, 09:25 PM
i would like to attend one day of the US Open, saddly thats all that i can afford to get off to see, this will be the first tournament that i will be attending and i dont know how to buy tickets, what is the difference between a general addmision and buying tickets for a certain stadium any info would help sense tickets go on sale in a few days and i hope that i can acctually get tickets

choth21
06-03-2009, 01:15 PM
For the main stadiums, you buy tickets for either the day session or night session. I'm assuming you are looking for day since you mentioned taking a day off of work.

General admission is a grounds pass where you have access to unreserved seating in the outside courts, but not access to the main stadiums (Ashe & Armstrong). With tickets for Ashe or Armstrong, you have reserved seats in those respective stadiums as well as access to all outside courts.

The tickets are administered through Ticketmaster, or if you want to pay more money, you can go through a different broker. Or you might be able to find some on e-b-a-y or craigslist.

prestige_player
06-03-2009, 04:08 PM
ok, thank you very much, that is all good to now, and actually, i might go for the night session because im going to fly out there the night before, go for the day, and fly home the next day or day after next, but again thank you for all of the info

kleinbiker
06-03-2009, 05:50 PM
Minor correction. General admission tickets does get you access to Armstrong, but just to the unreserved seats - which isn't such a big deal in Armstrong.

LES
06-03-2009, 08:39 PM
I heard that before labor day they're lax about checking tickets for Arthur Ashe. Last year I went on Labor Day but the woman who sold me grounds pass helped me sneak into Ashe. She told me the previous year she just walked in cause there was no ticket check.

But I had a better time at Armstrong in the evening. You can see everything close up

Does anyone know which day is men's quarterfinals? I bought 2nd week Wed & Thurs night and will sell one of those nights. I don't want to see women's match.

I also bought night tix for 1st week Wed, Thur, Fri. night match. Is it worth it to go or should I sell them?

choth21
06-04-2009, 07:02 AM
I heard that before labor day they're lax about checking tickets for Arthur Ashe. Last year I went on Labor Day but the woman who sold me grounds pass helped me sneak into Ashe. She told me the previous year she just walked in cause there was no ticket check.

But I had a better time at Armstrong in the evening. You can see everything close up

Does anyone know which day is men's quarterfinals? I bought 2nd week Wed & Thurs night and will sell one of those nights. I don't want to see women's match.

I also bought night tix for 1st week Wed, Thur, Fri. night match. Is it worth it to go or should I sell them?

Looks like the mens quarterfinals are on both those Wed & Thurs of the 2nd week, but with some womens quarterfinals also being played on Wed:

http://www.usopen.org/2009_Schedule/Default.aspx

As far as your first week tickets, I think it just depends on how much you want to watch. I have to say though that I rarely see that many exciting matches during the first week, and I usually only go one night during the first week.

LES
06-04-2009, 10:40 AM
Looks like the mens quarterfinals are on both those Wed & Thurs of the 2nd week, but with some womens quarterfinals also being played on Wed:

http://www.usopen.org/2009_Schedule/Default.aspx

As far as your first week tickets, I think it just depends on how much you want to watch. I have to say though that I rarely see that many exciting matches during the first week, and I usually only go one night during the first week.

Cool thanks.