PDA

View Full Version : Layton Hewitt's Grip size?

gmlasam
03-20-2005, 08:02 AM
Just watching a tape of Hewitt/Roddick's Pacific Life match and his grip size looks to be on the large size.

What does grip size does he use? Also, does he use a black overgrip or use no overgrips?

david aames
03-20-2005, 08:25 AM
Depends if you're talking before or after last year's offseason. I mean he worked sooooo hard on his physique. I hear his hat size changed too...

Just watching a tape of Hewitt/Roddick's Pacific Life match and his grip size looks to be on the large size.

What does grip size does he use? Also, does he use a black overgrip or use no overgrips?

gmlasam
03-20-2005, 08:36 AM
Depends if you're talking before or after last year's offseason. I mean he worked sooooo hard on his physique. I hear his hat size changed too...

I'm referring to his current grip size.

david aames
03-20-2005, 08:51 AM
I doubt he ever changed ; )

It's supposed to be a #4

nytennisplayer
03-20-2005, 01:23 PM
his grip size varies by day and also changes on whether or not he sees bec.

gmlasam
03-20-2005, 01:27 PM
his grip size varies by day and also changes on whether or not he sees bec.
So what are his range of grip sizes? L4 and what else?

nytennisplayer
03-20-2005, 01:30 PM
So what are his range of grip sizes? L4 and what else?

its something i dont know and dont want to know.

hummer23
03-20-2005, 02:56 PM
i think he uses a blakc overgrip, they had a closeup of his grip, and i play with an rdx, and it didnt seem to be a stock grip. the ridgges from overlaps are mcuh closer together, you can look at the tw page for yonex and see the difference. on the other hand, one can argue taht he is still usign the super rd tour 90, and im not sure waht the stock grip on that was, so i cant say for usre, but im pretty sure its an overgrip. however, i do wonder why yonex hasnt got him using the supergrap in white like nalbandian. perhaps he uses a black supergrap? do they even make those?

Nadal_Rulz
03-20-2005, 03:25 PM
tada!!!!!!!

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageACYONEX-YSOG.html

Ronaldo
03-20-2005, 03:28 PM
4 1/8 now, with no grip, only a Supergrab, the butt of the racquet reamed out to make the racquet head-heavy, leadtape under the grommetstrip to conceal the weight, and finally, Babolat leadtape in his sweatband to assist, add power to every shot. Will not tell anyone about the silicone injections, must find out on their own

hummer23
03-20-2005, 07:02 PM
lol thats funny.