PDA

View Full Version : TennisLink Tournaments

zebano
06-04-2009, 06:19 AM
So registration has closed for my tournament this weekend and I wanted to scout out my opponents recent results. This is a bad habit since it can't possibly help me but I'm curious like a cat. My main problem is that on tennislink I can find league results easily but that accounts for exactly one of us in the 3.5 division and not the guy my buddy is declaring a major sandbagger (supposedly won every 3.5 tournament he entered for a couple of years, got bumped to 4.0 and dropped out for 3 years and now appealed or self-rated back down).

So my question for you good people is how the heck to I find tournament results by person rather than trying to parse through every Missouri Valley tournament from 2004-2006? I already know that he finished ranked #1 in 3.5 singles in Missouri valley in both 2005&6 since I found an old newsletter.

royer
06-04-2009, 07:32 AM
I sympathize with your dilemma. Wish I had a solution for ya, but I don't think it's possible to look up someone's record on TennisLink if they have no league record (other than {as you said} to peruse individual tournament pages). I've tried before, and ... no dice.

Bummer (sigh!)

JavierLW
06-04-2009, 07:50 AM
So registration has closed for my tournament this weekend and I wanted to scout out my opponents recent results. This is a bad habit since it can't possibly help me but I'm curious like a cat. My main problem is that on tennislink I can find league results easily but that accounts for exactly one of us in the 3.5 division and not the guy my buddy is declaring a major sandbagger (supposedly won every 3.5 tournament he entered for a couple of years, got bumped to 4.0 and dropped out for 3 years and now appealed or self-rated back down).

So my question for you good people is how the heck to I find tournament results by person rather than trying to parse through every Missouri Valley tournament from 2004-2006? I already know that he finished ranked #1 in 3.5 singles in Missouri valley in both 2005&6 since I found an old newsletter.

You used to be able to use tennisinformation.com , but in recent years that's been a bit spotty.

(I think they just download info from tennislink, but they dont seem to get it all)

It works great for older tournaments, there was even a bug on it that allowed me to get one of my players USTA number so he could renew one year. (he hadnt been a member since some tournament that he had played awhile back)

goober
06-04-2009, 08:26 AM
USTA changed things at least several months ago concerning tournaments. When the draws are posted you can click on a name and see all their tournaments results for the last year.

For example since you are from IOWA, IA Muscatine Great River Open 5/29/09

click on mens open draw. If you click on Brent Gruno the #1 seed you can see all his results going back to June 2008.

For older results you have to do more digging. The tennisinfo site is incomplete. Generally you can find their results if they played somebody that played in USTA leagues which is often the case. You have to do some snooping though.

zebano
06-04-2009, 10:55 AM
Thanks all, I will check out tennisinformation. Like I said, this guy supposedly quit playing for three years so older information is what I'm looking for.

No luck with tennisinfo. Their info really is out of date. They appear to have 2003 and earlier for Missouri Valley.