PDA

View Full Version : Question about Asics gel Enqvist shoes

gacu
06-04-2009, 01:32 PM
Does anybody know how do the shoes fit?

Are they rather long compared to other shoes?
How do they compare to the K swiss ?
Do they have room in the toe area ?

I can't decide what size to buy and I can not try them.

Thanks much!

Gorecki
06-04-2009, 03:27 PM
Does anybody know how do the shoes fit?

Are they rather long compared to other shoes?
How do they compare to the K swiss ?
Do they have room in the toe area ?

I can't decide what size to buy and I can not try them.

Thanks much!

my 2 cent as a 2 pair owner...

the are very low ride, lighter than specs would sugest and similar to Oscillates in fit, slighty less suportive. not very roomy all along,

i use 10,5 (44,5 eu) oscillates\team all court\enqvists... so they fit about the same, where the Bab's are slightly larger and longer!

no idea about K-swiss benchmark...

hope it helps!

Steve F.
06-05-2009, 01:36 PM
Hey guys -

I have a pair of these - well - I have a pair of Gel Encourage - which are the same shoe as the Enqvist, renamed since he no longer plays.

I found them to be roomier than my usual Nike shoes, and roomier than the current Adidas Barricades. All in the same size, 10.5 US. Super light as Gorecki posted.

Roomiest of all however is the ankle fit.

I had these shoes actually pop off my foot while I was changing direction on a point. To my everlasting shame, my opponent can now say he faked me out of my shoes. Thank god he moved. :twisted:

Point is, the ankle fit is extremely wide on these. Rest of the fit is medium to wide - as the leather streches out. I play aggressively, and prefer a tight fit. I didn't find it with this shoe. Black toes, lost nails, the whole 9 yards. The cushion and courtfeel is superb - the best there is. Shame. Vapor IV is much more snug, as is Vapor V. Oscillate have an entirely different fit IMO, more snug by far than the Enqvist/Encourage and Vapors. I'm in Vapor VI now, and never happier. Great midfoot grab, but toe room.

Go with the Resolution 2 if you like the Asics fit, they provide a "normal" ankle width and a 2 eyelet ankle to cinch down if you need to. If you wear braces or have centaur ankles, the Enqvist is for you.

Gorecki
06-06-2009, 02:33 AM
Hey guys -

I have a pair of these - well - I have a pair of Gel Encourage - which are the same shoe as the Enqvist, renamed since he no longer plays.

I found them to be roomier than my usual Nike shoes, and roomier than the current Adidas Barricades. All in the same size, 10.5 US. Super light as Gorecki posted.

Roomiest of all however is the ankle fit.

I had these shoes actually pop off my foot while I was changing direction on a point. To my everlasting shame, my opponent can now say he faked me out of my shoes. Thank god he moved. :twisted:

Point is, the ankle fit is extremely wide on these. Rest of the fit is medium to wide - as the leather streches out. I play aggressively, and prefer a tight fit. I didn't find it with this shoe. Black toes, lost nails, the whole 9 yards. The cushion and courtfeel is superb - the best there is. Shame. Vapor IV is much more snug, as is Vapor V. Oscillate have an entirely different fit IMO, more snug by far than the Enqvist/Encourage and Vapors. I'm in Vapor VI now, and never happier. Great midfoot grab, but toe room.

Go with the Resolution 2 if you like the Asics fit, they provide a "normal" ankle width and a 2 eyelet ankle to cinch down if you need to. If you wear braces or have centaur ankles, the Enqvist is for you.

yeah... the low ride and low support can be an issue! i dont have that problem but i can see it happening to players with a more grinding style!

plus you can alway punch a new extra hole in them like someone did around here! search for it!

and the Oscillates are in fact more supportive (snuggier??) like you said. but are also chunkier!