PDA

View Full Version : Adidas Barricade Vi

woodfield824
06-04-2009, 03:19 PM
Does anybody know when these bad boys are coming out and a picture of them. Much appreciated!

Capt. Willie
06-04-2009, 08:28 PM
Does anybody know when these bad boys are coming out and a picture of them. Much appreciated!

Barricade VI? My guess, and this is just a guess, December 2010. But who knows, the long term plan may be for the Genius to replace it. And the only Barricade left in production being the Barricade Classic and/or Barricade II.

vtc
06-04-2009, 08:48 PM
It is hard to believe that Adidas would just discontinue the Barricades. They sell to well.

LPShanet
06-04-2009, 11:19 PM
Barricade VI? My guess, and this is just a guess, December 2010. But who knows, the long term plan may be for the Genius to replace it. And the only Barricade left in production being the Barricade Classic and/or Barricade II.

The new Barricade version will probably come out in early 2010, and they won't be replaced by the Genius. The two shoes are associated with different lines, and both will be continued. The Genius actually replaced the A3 Accelerators. In addition to an updated Barricade, they may continue one or more old versions (such as BII and maybe B CLS).

lawlitssoo1n
06-05-2009, 12:04 AM
It is hard to believe that Adidas would just discontinue the Barricades. They sell to well.

what? seriously?
when did they announce this?

LPShanet
06-05-2009, 12:35 AM
what? seriously?
when did they announce this?

They didn't announce it, and it's not true. See post #4.

Dman96
01-15-2010, 10:57 AM
The Barricade VI come out in May 2010. I have a coach that has contacts at Adidas and has a pair. I don't have any pictures but they look awesome.

Bones
01-15-2010, 01:35 PM
There is a pictre of Barricde 6 in this thread

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=300706&page=5

Funbun
01-15-2010, 02:20 PM
I like the high tech look, actually.

JavierLW
01-15-2010, 06:53 PM
I like the high tech look, actually.

They are kind of more like the 1980's depiction of what "high tech" would look like.... (without the flashy neon colors though.....)

The stripes look better where they were on the V. Having that big giant empty white space behind them where you can make out all the breath holes is not very pleasing to look at. (especially when it's white)

And they went back to mostly having lace holes, versus the eyelets in the BV which were way more "high tech".....

Hopefully the shoe is at least better functionally.... (otherwise Id hate to say it but the Genius II looks better)

athiker
01-15-2010, 09:26 PM
I agree the stripes look a litte too far forward, but for some reason I like that shoe. Maybe its just the simple b/w color. I like the texture (holes) breaking up the large white areas too. I hope that is functional venting.

Darth_Timmaayyy!!
01-16-2010, 12:21 AM
Not feeling them at all.. I better stock up on the V's...

I don't know why, but the V's have a real classic adidas look about them!

JavierLW
01-16-2010, 07:46 AM
I agree the stripes look a litte too far forward, but for some reason I like that shoe. Maybe its just the simple b/w color. I like the texture (holes) breaking up the large white areas too. I hope that is functional venting.

It's nice to have "something" breaking up the large white area, but those holes look cheesy and boring.

The ones on the BV at least look unique. (they are not just plain little tiny round holes in a boring pattern, they have more of their own shape and design)

Edward DFW
01-16-2010, 09:37 AM
Not feeling them at all.. I better stock up on the V's...

I don't know why, but the V's have a real classic adidas look about them!

my thoughts exactly, best looking shoes on the market

Dman96
01-25-2010, 06:16 PM
This is a picture

Dman96
01-25-2010, 06:17 PM
THis is a picture

Dman96
01-25-2010, 06:18 PM
Sorry don't know why picture won't load.

TennisNinja
01-25-2010, 08:03 PM
There is a pictre of Barricde 6 in this thread

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=300706&page=5

Very, very slick look, I like!

peter becker
01-25-2010, 10:51 PM
Hey guys, here in sydney i was able to have a sneak peek at the new barricade 6's in about 3 or 4 colours, as well as the new barricade tennis racquets. I posted about this in another thread. I am planning on trying to go back to the store i saw them at and see if i can take come pics. They are not for sale as yet, but the adidas rep dropped off a massive bag full of product for the tennis store to have a look at and start placing orders. I hope to have some pics for you guys in about 2 days.

peter becker
01-26-2010, 10:52 PM
Hey guys, i just posted a whole heap of new adidas gear in this thread, check it out

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=273871&page=18

adista4
01-27-2010, 01:42 AM
I think that the black barricades 6 are the sickest tennis shoe I've seen in a while. I hated the previous barricades design but adidas really outdone themselves with this one...here are three colorways posted by peter^http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=273871&page=17

peter becker
01-27-2010, 05:20 AM
I think that the black barricades 6 are the sickest tennis shoe I've seen in a while. I hated the previous barricades design but adidas really outdone themselves with this one...here are three colorways posted by peter^http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=273871&page=17

Hey Adista4, for sure dude, the black Barricade 6's are unreal. They look awesome

*Val*
03-28-2010, 08:16 AM

What are you talking about... the Barricade 6 are awful, look like space shoes.

JavierLW
03-28-2010, 08:04 PM
What are you talking about... the Barricade 6 are awful, look like space shoes.

No kidding, dont they realize that the moon is billions of years old possibly and we were there in the 60's and 70's? It's not "futuristic" anymore, to make your shoes look like craters from the moon....

Either that or they are going for that 60's or 70's Doctor Who Tardis look.

And the stripes just look weird on the front of the shoe like that.

It's annoying that they need to follow some stupid sports organization's rules on logo placement. The 3 stripe deal was one of the more clever marketing strategy's out there. (because it was a common form of detailing to have stripes in the middle of the shoe)

adidaslover
04-19-2010, 11:27 AM
The barricade 6 will be replaced by the genius next year but the barricade 7 will come out by then

rovex
04-19-2010, 11:39 AM
The barricade 6 will be replaced by the genius next year but the barricade 7 will come out by then

Next year, there will be the new genius called "Adizero". also, What makes you say there will be a barricade 7 in 2011? i'm pretty sure the 6's will be around until 2012 just like the V's were (2 years).

LPShanet
04-19-2010, 02:51 PM

Not sure where this info comes from, but not only does it seem totally unfounded, but it's completely out of sequence with how adidas handles their lines. It is true that they probably won't introduce a new Barricade next year. Instead they'll continue the 6 but in new colorways for 2011. But it will NOT be replaced. There will likely be a Genius or similar "Edge-oriented" shoe in the line, but it will exist alongside the Barricade, not instead of it. And when/if there is a Barricade 7, it will not replace the Genius, it will replace the Barricade 6. Here are the background facts:

adidas almost always has three main performance tennis clothing lines:

1. Competition (or equivalent) - a more classically style performance-oriented top end line, currently called Competition, but the names periodically change.

2. Edge - an edgier, younger more fashion oriented high performance line...currently the Edge collection, although it has had a few monikers over the years.

3. Response - A more utilitarian, budget-oriented line with more traditional, less aggressive styling.

Each of the lines is generally associated with specific shoes. For example, the Barricade is associated with the Competition line (along with its takedown, the Tirand), and the Genius is associated with the Edge line. adidas would never "replace" a shoe from one line with an existing shoe from another.

Further, the replacement cycle for the Barricade has never been less than two years, so unless they've changed their entire marketing and manufacturing approach, the Barricade 6 will be in line for at least two years from its release, which just happened. Meanwhile, the Genius itself may be replaced or discontinued, but the Barricade 7 (when it eventually comes out 2+ years from now) won't be its replacement. There will be an Edge or equivalent shoe for that purpose.

Let's stop the misinformation and rumour-mongering unless there's real factual info behind it.

martini1
04-20-2010, 08:04 AM
Saw a pair in person at the adidas store but didn't try them on. The build quality is very good and easily put Nike to shame.

SplitStepper
04-20-2010, 11:30 AM
Not sure where this info comes from, but not only does it seem totally unfounded, but it's completely out of sequence with how adidas handles their lines. It is true that they probably won't introduce a new Barricade next year. Instead they'll continue the 6 but in new colorways for 2011. But it will NOT be replaced. There will likely be a Genius or similar "Edge-oriented" shoe in the line, but it will exist alongside the Barricade, not instead of it. And when/if there is a Barricade 7, it will not replace the Genius, it will replace the Barricade 6. Here are the background facts:

adidas almost always has three main performance tennis clothing lines:

1. Competition (or equivalent) - a more classically style performance-oriented top end line, currently called Competition, but the names periodically change.

2. Edge - an edgier, younger more fashion oriented high performance line...currently the Edge collection, although it has had a few monikers over the years.

3. Response - A more utilitarian, budget-oriented line with more traditional, less aggressive styling.

Each of the lines is generally associated with specific shoes. For example, the Barricade is associated with the Competition line (along with its takedown, the Tirand), and the Genius is associated with the Edge line. adidas would never "replace" a shoe from one line with an existing shoe from another.

Further, the replacement cycle for the Barricade has never been less than two years, so unless they've changed their entire marketing and manufacturing approach, the Barricade 6 will be in line for at least two years from its release, which just happened. Meanwhile, the Genius itself may be replaced or discontinued, but the Barricade 7 (when it eventually comes out 2+ years from now) won't be its replacement. There will be an Edge or equivalent shoe for that purpose.

Let's stop the misinformation and rumour-mongering unless there's real factual info behind it.

Yes indeed. This info is ridiculous. I was it somewhere on the internet and laughed. Didn't even bother to post it because of the outright incredibility.

SempreSami
04-20-2010, 12:44 PM

Talking bollocks in your first post, welcome.

Slazenger07
04-21-2010, 07:10 PM

Simply not true. The Barricade 6 will not be replaced by the genius as these are two completely different types of shoes, genius are made for a narrow foot and emphasize footspeed. Barricades emphasize durability and stability.

Panic492
04-21-2010, 09:15 PM
Simply not true. The Barricade 6 will not be replaced by the genius as these are two completely different types of shoes, genius are made for a narrow foot and emphasize footspeed. Barricades emphasize durability and stability.

Correct, two totally different shoes.

hisrob777
07-22-2011, 05:27 AM
A pro shop owner I know just recently told me that Adidas will release the Barricade 7 in the Fall. It will be wider again like the V's. We'll see.........