PDA

View Full Version : who hasn't been recruited yet (class of 2009)?

tennismom42
06-04-2009, 06:28 PM
Apparently I am still in a learning curve.
I am surprised at the number of:

1. (Men's)*coaches that are not finished with recruiting for the fall; and
2. the number of players that have not committed yet.

*(Sorry girls. I have a son, so I only know the men's side of this data. Besides this problem is unique to the men because there's twice as many of them and half the number of scholarships.)

So here's my question, could we create an information-thread of:

1. coaches still looking for players
and
2. Class of 2009 players still looking for college programs

I don't care what order the info comes in.....

"Div1,2,3, etc"
and/or
"TRN ranked player in top 200"

Hopefully a pairing could be made

tennisjon
06-05-2009, 08:36 AM
Division 3 coaches, such as myself are always looking for more players. There are no guaranteed spots so the more bodies we have, the more people we have to choose from. Since there are no scholarships there are no risks for giving out athletic money and being burned. My school is Drew University, a small private liberal arts college about 45 minutes from NYC. It is one of the most beautiful campuses as rated by Princeton Review. Its a challenging school academically and athletically, as we have won our conference for 9 straight years. Winning a conference from an eligible conference means that you qualify for nationals. Its quite an experience.

tennismom42
06-05-2009, 06:55 PM
that's what I was hoping would be posted.

Unfortunately, my thread has had 120 looks and only 1 post. What the heck?!

Last I heard these colleges were still looking or considering adding to their team:

University of North Florida
Georgia Southern
North Carolina Wilmington

Players I believe that haven't signed are:

Hugo Verdi Fortin
Guiseppi Guarnieri
Stan Breland

I am packing now for a 12-hour drive to a tournament. Oh joy. I'll look at my lists later. HOPEFULLY some of these other 120 Lookers will SHARE some information.

pricey_aus
06-05-2009, 07:27 PM
Im not too sure if this is what you are looking for tennismom, but I'll post it anyway and you can make what you want of it.

I know several Australian players who complete high school at the end of this year that are going to play in January of next year. Some of the D1 Schools that they will be playing in are
-Pepperdine
-Oregon
-Denver
-1 Top 10 School but I have to keep it under wraps.
-I also know one girl who is going who will be playing at a D1 School in Florida

All of these players are from Aus, and are pretty good to very good players.

Since I am only 16 and am only a Junior in High School, I still have a few years untill I start.

Cheers.

region2champion
06-06-2009, 05:34 PM
that's what I was hoping would be posted.

Unfortunately, my thread has had 120 looks and only 1 post. What the heck?!

Last I heard these colleges were still looking or considering adding to their team:

University of North Florida
Georgia Southern
North Carolina Wilmington

Players I believe that haven't signed are:

Hugo Verdi Fortin
Guiseppi Guarnieri
Stan Breland

I am packing now for a 12-hour drive to a tournament. Oh joy. I'll look at my lists later. HOPEFULLY some of these other 120 Lookers will SHARE some information.

which Tournament

The Wreck
06-06-2009, 06:05 PM
In my opinion, you would have to REALLY want to play tennis in college to play at Georgia Southern. Not to say it isn't competitve or anything like that, but Ga. Southern is in the middle of nowhere, a notorious "party" school, and in my visit, I never got the impression tennis was at all relevant to the students and school. On the upside though, I'm sure there's some great competition in their division and you get to travel around...I just wouldn't want to be there solely for tennis...

10smaster
06-06-2009, 07:57 PM
I understand that "The Citadel", a Division I program and a military college, is still looking for players.

pricey_aus
06-12-2009, 05:55 PM
bump.
10 characters