PDA

View Full Version : What string is Sharapova Using Here?

davydenko_fan
06-05-2009, 05:05 PM
i know this is just about a year ago, but i stumbled upon a video of Sharapova testing out new string and i was just wondering if anyone had any info of what it could be. she usually plays full natural gut

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2W1UPbsX9k

thanks for any input in advance!

martini1
06-05-2009, 05:18 PM
she usually plays full natural gut ....

She also plays with hybrid a lot. I've seen at least two set ups. Sorry no pics. One should be w/ Alu power and one with some red strings could be technifibre.

davydenko_fan
06-05-2009, 05:30 PM
She also plays with hybrid a lot. I've seen at least two set ups. Sorry no pics. One should be w/ Alu power and one with some red strings could be technifibre.

oh cool. never knew she tried poly's before. thanks :)

Lindsay
06-05-2009, 06:06 PM
i know this is just about a year ago, but i stumbled upon a video of Sharapova testing out new string and i was just wondering if anyone had any info of what it could be. she usually plays full natural gut

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2W1UPbsX9k

thanks for any input in advance!

She usually uses Pro Hurricane mains, which looks like gut. But she'd been using that setup for years. This is either Red Code or the Babolat R string, which is more likely because she uses Pro Hurricane.

Fedace
06-05-2009, 06:15 PM
So is this Babolat R string any good or what ??????/

davydenko_fan
06-05-2009, 09:31 PM
She usually uses Pro Hurricane mains, which looks like gut. But she'd been using that setup for years. This is either Red Code or the Babolat R string, which is more likely because she uses Pro Hurricane.

oh cool. i would always see on TW when you click on hurricane it shows that she is endorsing that string and i always thought it was wrong. thanks for clearing that up.

davydenko_fan
06-05-2009, 09:33 PM
and just for a side note, if it is the babolat R string i wonder if she liked that setup. ive heard some pretty bad reviews about it.

Eiffel59
06-05-2009, 11:07 PM
Well, let's say the Revenge is not exacly "up to the hype"....a more than decent string, tho...

dataseviltwin
06-05-2009, 11:12 PM
You're looking at the string...? Sick puppies... Hope you had the volume down. :D

Sangria Munky
06-07-2009, 02:29 AM
the red string is babolat Revenge