PDA

View Full Version : Centre court playing slow today

theprophe
06-06-2009, 06:17 AM
The courts have really changed in the last 24hrs, with the cooler damper weather, the courts have absorbed all the moisture, and tomorrow the same, maybe even a little worse.

Of course all this means is, it will be even harder for flatball hitters to consistently get winners.

Almost reminds me a little of the agassi-medvedev match, medvedev was hitting winners all over the place, as agassi was chasing history to get all 4 majors. A rain delay happens, agassi calms himself, conditions get heavy, and the rest is history

jamesblakefan#1
06-06-2009, 06:19 AM
Mac said they watered the courts before the match today. Maybe the FFT is already trying to make it easier for Fed. jkjk.

joeri888
06-06-2009, 06:36 AM
It's women's tennis, not the courts;)

prosealster
06-06-2009, 06:39 AM
It's women's tennis, not the courts;)

LOL...good one mate

malakas
06-06-2009, 06:39 AM
no,the weather forecast is for rain today and for rain tomorrow with some hour of good weather in the afternoon.It's not the watering of the courts.It's the rain.

theprophe
06-06-2009, 06:40 AM
looking at everyone in the crowd in jackets reminds me of Hamburg

jamesblakefan#1
06-06-2009, 06:42 AM
waterng the courts and the rain have slowed courts

malakas
06-06-2009, 06:43 AM
looking at everyone in the crowd in jackets reminds me of Hamburg

out of topic,but do you think that spending 4 days in Prague is too much?I heard it's a small city.ALSO,is it cheap?:D I'm planning my vacation xD

Fedexeon
06-06-2009, 06:53 AM
Hope that the weather will hang in there long enough for the men's final to complete in time..

God bless Federer in winning his first French Open title!!

theprophe
06-06-2009, 06:56 AM
Well, if you like brothels, 4 days isn't enough,lol otherwise you can probably see most of the good stuff in 2 days.and about cheap, its strange this way, it is mostly like any other capital european city, just a little cheaper not much, but if you go away from the touristy places to stay,eat,etc.... it can be very cheap 3-4 euro dinner, euro beer

makinao
06-06-2009, 06:58 AM
What's the problem? Clay courts really are watered daily, at times even between matches on hot days. They are also swept at least after every set, and pressed with a heavy roller at least once a day to make them compact.

If they are not watered, they become a dusty mess, the the top layer gets even looser and slower. Thats hardly an advantage for a flatballer.

joeri888
06-06-2009, 07:01 AM
out of topic,but do you think that spending 4 days in Prague is too much?I heard it's a small city.ALSO,is it cheap?:D I'm planning my vacation xD

I have been there once. It's small compared to Rome or Paris, but it's still a big city. I was there for a week and had a good time.

malakas
06-06-2009, 07:03 AM
Well, if you like brothels, 4 days isn't enough,lol otherwise you can probably see most of the good stuff in 2 days.and about cheap, its strange this way, it is mostly like any other capital european city, just a little cheaper not much, but if you go away from the touristy places to stay,eat,etc.... it can be very cheap 3-4 euro dinner, euro beer

no haha I'm not interested in the brothels.:mrgreen:lol I am more interested in the old town,astronomical clock,Charles Bridge,Synagoge etc..3-4euro dinner!WOW :shock: I heard all the sites are pretty close and 2-3 days are enough to see all Prague.Maybe I'll throw in then a couple of days in Vienna or Karlovy Vary .Thanx :D
I have been there once. It's small compared to Rome or Paris, but it's still a big city. I was there for a week and had a good time.

thanx for the info.I heard it's one of the most beautiful cities in Europe.The Paris of the East!