PDA

View Full Version : Agassi: Fed deserves it more than I did

endbegin
06-06-2009, 06:47 AM
Agassi is rooting for Federer tomorrow, and also compliments Nadal by calling him a freak of nature. He goes on to say how winning a career slam is an amazing achievement as a result of which, he ended with no regrets in his tennis life.

http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2009/06/andre-roger-deserves-it-more-than-i-did.html

Avril_lover7
06-06-2009, 07:17 AM
he does, regardless of more than anyone !

malakas
06-06-2009, 07:18 AM
Well of course he deserves it more than Agassi did.He went to 4 consecutive finals and only lost to 1 guy.

Gorecki
06-06-2009, 07:25 AM
Well of course he deserves it more than Agassi did.He went to 4 consecutive finals and only lost to 1 guy.

so did Agassi or was he playing against two guys in any of those finals?:twisted:

wait.. that would be Federer... last year he was playing against two guys...or it looked like so!

j\k

malakas
06-06-2009, 07:40 AM
so did Agassi or was he playing against two guys in any of those finals?:twisted:

wait.. that would be Federer... last year he was playing against two guys...or it looked like so!

j\k

you know what I mean.:)

Gorecki
06-06-2009, 07:51 AM
you know what I mean.:)

of course...

:)

im really sorry not being all enthusiastic but you know im not really into Fed...

asafi2
06-06-2009, 07:54 AM
"Roger Federer will undoubtedly become the greatest tennis player to have graced the sport if he wins the French Open, Andre Agassi said on Saturday."

http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/news;_ylt=AnqtrrigdML2gvbZDnmMoLo4v7YF?slug=reu-openagassifederer&prov=reuters&type=lgns

crazylevity
06-06-2009, 07:55 AM
Props to Andre's PR skills. He knew that 'freak of nature' could very well be construed as bashing...if people want to nitpick.

Federer needs to take a few lessons to come off as less arrogant. :p

malakas
06-06-2009, 07:57 AM
of course...

:)

im really sorry not being all enthusiastic but you know im not really into Fed...

well you don't have to.For all we know,the next Goat contender could be portugeuse :p even in less than 10 years time.

Gorecki
06-06-2009, 08:10 AM
well you don't have to.For all we know,the next Goat contender could be portugeuse :p even in less than 10 years time.

not even my best wishfull thinking would come up with that... thanks for being nice but that will not happen. our best hope for the future is coming out like a very mediocre player... that would be Elias.

while Gil and Machado have only a few more moments of grace to live before going back to challengers for being old to play ATp level... sad but true!

:):(

crazylevity
06-06-2009, 08:19 AM

I believe the next GOAT contender will be Bulgarian. :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8zNApQuv4U

malakas
06-06-2009, 08:22 AM
not even my best wishfull thinking would come up with that... thanks for being nice but that will not happen. our best hope for the future is coming out like a very mediocre player... that would be Elias.

while Gil and Machado have only a few more moments of grace to live before going back to challengers for being old to play ATp level... sad but true!

:):(

you don't know what happens in the future!I was looking at some previous threads only from 2 months ago,when everybody was talking about Nadal doing the calendar Grand Slam and now people are talking about Fed winning the next 3 slams!Things change in sports,and they change fast sometimes.Anything can happen,and that's why we all love it.:)

malakas
06-06-2009, 08:24 AM
I believe the next GOAT contender will be Bulgarian. :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8zNApQuv4U

I like Dimitrov!I think he has a good future before him,but don't get too excited!It's still too early to say even if he's going to be a top10er.Everybody was hailing Gasquet as the baby Fed even with Mozart of tennis,and we all saw how it turned out!(though nothing has finished yet!:) )
I was looking at the ITF's top 10 from 1997 ,and you see many names that never even made it to the next level even if everybody was talking about them as the next big thing.

zagor
06-06-2009, 08:25 AM
There's no deserving it more or less in my book,if you win seven matches in a slam you deserve to win as much as the other guy who did the same.

And besides Medvedev at his best was very tough on clay,I'm surprised people don't realize how much potential that guy had.If he wasn't a lazy *** who seldom listened to his coaches he could have became a great claycourter.The guy wasn't dedicated to tennis enough but he definitely had talent.

Ultra2HolyGrail
06-06-2009, 08:56 AM
Agassi is rooting for Federer tomorrow]

Andre is a funny guy.

dh003i
06-06-2009, 09:23 AM
There's no deserving it more or less in my book,if you win seven matches in a slam you deserve to win as much as the other guy who did the same.

I agree, the guy who wins the match is the guy who deserved to win the match. With a few exceptions (cheating by one of the players, or tragedies such as the Seles stabbing incident, which fortunately was an isolated case).

malakas
06-06-2009, 09:24 AM
I like how he says that freak of nature is to be taken as a compliment for Nadal.:mrgreen: lol

BreakPoint
06-06-2009, 09:52 AM

Federer only lost 3 consecutive finals to Nadal ('06-'08 ). In '05, he lost to Nadal in the semis.

BreakPoint
06-06-2009, 09:54 AM

Agassi lost in 2 finals, first to Gomez in 1990 and the following year to Courier in 1991.

endbegin
06-06-2009, 09:54 AM
I like how he says that freak of nature is to be taken as a compliment for Nadal.:mrgreen: lol

TMF = "The Mighty Fed" or TMF = "The Mallorcan Freak" :)

malakas
06-06-2009, 09:55 AM
Federer only lost 3 consecutive finals to Nadal ('06-'08). In '05, he lost to Nadal in the semis.

Fed has reached as of now 4 finals and only has lost to 1 guys so far.:p

malakas
06-06-2009, 09:56 AM
TMF = "The Mighty Fed" or TMF = "The Mallorcan Freak" :)

I thought TMF=The Mono Fed ? :p

endbegin
06-06-2009, 09:59 AM
I thought TMF=The Mono Fed ? :p

Yes, but that was just a temporary nickname for 2008!

malakas
06-06-2009, 10:01 AM
Yes, but that was just a temporary nickname for 2008!

ok then,so now we're back to Jesusfed? 8) :p

endbegin
06-06-2009, 10:04 AM
ok then,so now we're back to Jesusfed? 8) :p

I hope he channels his God-mode in the finals tomorrow. I don't think I can watch another match with Fed behaving like he needs to call 911. I want a routine, drama-free final, with Fed winning in straight sets.

helloworld
06-06-2009, 10:20 AM
"Roger Federer will undoubtedly become the greatest tennis player to have graced the sport if he wins the French Open, Andre Agassi said on Saturday."

http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/news;_ylt=AnqtrrigdML2gvbZDnmMoLo4v7YF?slug=reu-openagassifederer&prov=reuters&type=lgns

Funny how a few months ago he was still saying Fed could not be GOAT if he has a poor h2h record vs Nadal... :oops:

grafrules
06-06-2009, 10:26 AM
Funny how a few months ago he was still saying Fed could not be GOAT if he has a poor h2h record vs Nadal... :oops:

Yes it looks back when one contradicts their own comment so easily and readily.

oberyn
06-06-2009, 10:42 AM

I agree. They're not handing out a lifetime achievement award or asking fans or judges to vote someone off of a reality show. It's the finals of a tennis tournament. Whoever wins will be the most deserving.

How many fans thought it would have been a great story if Agassi had beaten Federer in the 2005 U.S. Open final? Guess what, it didn't happen no matter how much a bunch of folks thought Andre would have been more "deserving".

Gorecki
06-06-2009, 06:01 PM
Agassi lost in 2 finals, first to Gomez in 1990 and the following year to Courier in 1991.

you didn get the joke... i was talking about the idea that Agassi was playing against two guys at the same time (like playing alone vs Doubles)!

one would imagine that i know the scores of the finals of my all time favourite no?