PDA

View Full Version : Nadal to lose 3070 points soon...

Dutch-Guy
06-06-2009, 07:59 AM
-1820 pts RG
-450 pts Queens
-800 pts O.G.

Total: 3070 pts lost.

And if he misses Wimby,he'll lose 5070 pts.
#1 ranking is in jeopardy.

God help Nadal to have a quick recovery.

maddogz32
06-06-2009, 08:05 AM
how many points does he get if he wins wimby

DarthFed
06-06-2009, 08:07 AM
whats J.O? im sorry but i've never seen that abbreviation?

checkmilu
He doesn't need to care about points, just take care of his knees to win more slams

DarthFed

None, he's defending

ElSuegro
06-06-2009, 08:09 AM
I hate to see someone lose their #1 ranking over an injury (especially the Seles stabbing) but I've thought for a while that Rafa's style made him more likely to get injuries. His all-out play eventually had to cause something to break or tear or wear out. Hopefully he can return soon.

Spider
06-06-2009, 08:10 AM
If he skips Wimbledon, then his ranking number one ranking is in serious jeopardy.

Dutch-Guy
06-06-2009, 08:11 AM
whats J.O? im sorry but i've never seen that abbreviation?

Sorry it should read O.G.(Olympics Games).

DarthFed
06-06-2009, 08:14 AM
Sorry it should read O.G.(Olympics Games).

OH i see...yea it sucks the put this event in..let player gain points only to take them...the points should carry over or it shouldn't have points

Dream_On
06-06-2009, 08:40 AM
He may go down to number 3, and if he doesnt have a very good finish to the year then slip down to number4

malakas
06-06-2009, 08:42 AM
first of all,he is not going to miss wimby.Now maybe he won't defend it but he won't lose all the points from it imo.So hold your horses.

Also,Federe is going to have his son very soon,and maybe after Wimby he will take some time off.

vtmike
06-06-2009, 08:42 AM
I would be really surprised...well shocked if he skips Wimby! If that is true then his injury sounds really serious...but again I highly doubt he will miss Wimby...

DarthFed
06-06-2009, 08:48 AM
first of all,he is not going to miss wimby.Now maybe he won't defend it but he won't lose all the points from it imo.So hold your horses.

Also,Federe is going to have his son very soon,and maybe after Wimby he will take some time off.

Didn't he say the little tyke wouldn't affect his tennis?:(

malakas
06-06-2009, 08:49 AM
Didn't he say the little tyke wouldn't affect his tennis?:(

come onnn..his first son will be born!Don't you find it logical that he will take some time off!If he doesn't I will be very dissapointed in him.Really!

batz
06-06-2009, 08:54 AM
-1820 pts RG
-450 pts Queens
-800 pts O.G.

Total: 3070 pts lost.

And if he misses Wimby,he'll lose 5070 pts.
#1 ranking is in jeopardy.

God help Nadal to have a quick recovery.

You're nearly right - he'll lose 3025; his 45 points from doha will become countable.

Cesc Fabregas
06-06-2009, 08:57 AM
Its a god damn shame he can't defend his Queens title and maybe not his Wimbledon.

l_gonzalez
06-06-2009, 08:57 AM
Hang on, Queens gives 250 points this year, but last year gave 450?

Nadal_Freak
06-06-2009, 09:00 AM
Who cares about the points? The main thing is getting Nadal healthy again.

iriraz
06-06-2009, 09:00 AM
It could be a season where he could loose his nr.1 ranking but also with a chance to get it back at the end of the season if he is healthy.There are lots of points for him to gain in the indoor season especially at the Masters Cup

TennisInPleasanton
06-06-2009, 09:09 AM
Nadal is not going to miss Wimby. All this talk about a bad knee is just to give him more time to recover from a taxing clay court season and the loss to Soderling in RG. Whether he repeats as Wimby champ is another story, wait and see...

Nadal does have a lot of points to defend during the North American Hard Court season, while Roger practically has none other than the USO. Mirka, his wife, is supposedly due in September, so it would be interesting what (and how) Federer does during the USO.

malakas
06-06-2009, 09:11 AM
Nadal is not going to miss Wimby. All this talk about a bad knee is just to give him more time to recover from a taxing clay court season and the loss to Soderling in RG. Whether he repeats as Wimby champ is another story, wait and see...

Nadal does have a lot of points to defend during the North American Hard Court season, while Roger practically has none other than the USO. Mirka, his wife, is supposedly due in September, so it would be interesting what (and how) Federer does during the USO.

no.She is due for next month or so.Not september.

batz
06-06-2009, 09:12 AM
Hang on, Queens gives 250 points this year, but last year gave 450?

No, last year it gave 225. They simply doubled last years points at the switchover to the new points system at the start of the year. That's how come Murray defended Doha and his ranking point total went down by 250!

mega
06-06-2009, 09:13 AM
He gained close to 1000 points in Rome so that somewhat makes up for RG.

Nadal_Freak
06-06-2009, 09:13 AM
LOL at those saying Nadal is a liar. You don't know what's going on. Nadal didn't seem to be right in his match and I doubt he could be that flat. Something was definitely hindering him.

ambro
06-06-2009, 09:17 AM
First of all, what? No one said he's a liar.

Second of all, LOL at you for claiming to know what's going on. You act as though Nadal personally calls you from time to time with info. For all you know, he could be lying. He is not invincible, you know that, right? He is actually human, and could have just had a bad match, with no excuses. You ever notice how he never made any excuses about his loss, other than that he did not play well? Why do you need to defend him as much as you are?

Nadal_Freak
06-06-2009, 09:21 AM
First of all, what? No one said he's a liar.

Second of all, LOL at you for claiming to know what's going on. You act as though Nadal personally calls you from time to time with info. For all you know, he could be lying. He is not invincible, you know that, right? He is actually human, and could have just had a bad match, with no excuses. You ever notice how he never made any excuses about his loss, other than that he did not play well? Why do you need to defend him as much as you are?
Why should I have to defend him in the first place? It just shows how low some of these posters on this board are capable of. It's a shame that gj011 gets banned yet some people troll even worse and are still here.

sheq
06-06-2009, 09:26 AM
LOL at those saying Nadal is a liar. You don't know what's going on. Nadal didn't seem to be right in his match and I doubt he could be that flat. Something was definitely hindering him.

yea actually you are definetely right..

ı am fed fan but we all know that if nadal was at hunderd percent he would have won the french title..

Plus, ı always appreciate his personality, he is a classy man..

What do you expect from him if he is injury he should share this news with the media..

you think he shouldnt ? to not take away credits from roger..

then ı would say roger shouldnt talked about all the back problems or mono after 2008 and 2009 australian open..

DunlopDood
06-06-2009, 09:32 AM
I hate to see someone lose their #1 ranking over an injury (especially the Seles stabbing) but I've thought for a while that Rafa's style made him more likely to get injuries. His all-out play eventually had to cause something to break or tear or wear out. Hopefully he can return soon.

I agree. This is something that people have reiterated over the years, that he may not have a career left past the age of 25 due to the style he choses to play, let's hope this is not the case. I think he will be back for Wimbledon, but I don't think he will win it.

kimbahpnam
06-06-2009, 09:34 AM
Why should I have to defend him in the first place? It just shows how low some of these posters on this board are capable of. It's a shame that gj011 gets banned yet some people troll even worse and are still here.

he got banned??

sheq
06-06-2009, 09:35 AM
he got banned??

didnt you realize :) but dont worry we have some new trolls even worse :???:

Dutch-Guy
06-06-2009, 10:12 AM

I didn't say he'll miss Wimby but if we have to believe Uncle Toni,chances are that he doesn't play Wimby.
Me think that he should adjust his schedule next year by skipping some meaningless tourneys:Doha,Rotterdam,Barcelona and maybe Madrid.
It's not like he's playing tennis to help his family out of poverty.

All-rounder
06-06-2009, 01:57 PM
None because he's defending his points

imalil2gangsta4u
06-06-2009, 02:10 PM
He wont miss wimbledon. Not with so much on the line.

imalil2gangsta4u
06-06-2009, 02:11 PM
he got banned??

yesss
10char

zagor
06-06-2009, 04:43 PM
I didn't say he'll miss Wimby but if we have to believe Uncle Toni,chances are that he doesn't play Wimby.
Me think that he should adjust his schedule next year by skipping some meaningless tourneys:Doha,Rotterdam,Barcelona and maybe Madrid.
It's not like he's playing tennis to help his family out of poverty.

I personally think that the chances that Nadal doesn't play Wimbledon(especially given the fact that he's a defending champion and lost at the FO)are close to zero no matter what Toni says

zagor
06-06-2009, 04:44 PM
Rankings are less prestigious than Slams. Look at Marcelo Rios.

That's definitely true IMO.

CountryHillbilly
06-06-2009, 04:53 PM
OK with points. Is his career gonna continue? That's the main question.

defrule
06-06-2009, 05:35 PM
I think the remaining hard court season would be quite troubling.

malakas
06-06-2009, 05:37 PM
it's only june,he's injured in trouble of not even be able to defend his title,he has all the hardcourt season in front of him,and he just became 23!
His team really should be more careful,forget everything about points,and focus on his health!

ambro
06-06-2009, 05:58 PM
You don't have to defend him at all. No one really said anything bad about him in this thread, yet you come in making excuses, saying he's not a liar, even when no one ever said he was! No reason for it. The real question should be why do you feel that you have to defend him, especially when there's nothing to defend? Why do you always, in EVERY SINGLE THREAD I READ in this section, throw in some preemptive excuses for Nadal and "defend" his honor? Just leave some of them alone, for once. I suppose you could say the same about me b*tching about your posts, which is fair enough. But seriously, it seems that every single thread in the General Pro Players area somehow (often insigated by you, but not always, so this is not directed 100% at you, but you do get involved in all of them at some point) turns into "Nadal was hurt," "the courts are faster," or "Fed will have no problems winning now with such a cakewalk draw he has," type of discussion. I don't want to read your posts saying the same thing, you on your knees sucking Nadal's d*ck, pretending you know everything about his life and tennis in general. I'd like to read some discussions that are actually on the topic presented in the title of the thread, rather than by the 10th post, all threads saying nearly the same thing (Nadal>Fed, Fed>Nadal, Fed is not the GOAT because he loses to Nadal, Random Nadal Excuses, etc.). So there's my rant. Take it or leave it.

TheTruth
06-07-2009, 12:08 AM

I'm with you. This is only one season. If he never plays again he's given me more to aspire to than any other tennis player ever. Fortitude, mental strength, and courage. Qualities I want to emulate in real life.

TheTruth
06-07-2009, 12:10 AM

Agree......

joeri888
06-07-2009, 12:17 AM
come onnn..his first son will be born!Don't you find it logical that he will take some time off!If he doesn't I will be very dissapointed in him.Really!

I think he should. He will most defenitely play at wimbledon, and will still travel I think. He's got some time between Wimbledon and Toronto/Cincinatti. he'll defenitely play one of them to warmup for US Open, but he won't play both I think. Since he's got absolutely nothing to defend right there one of those could be enough to put the pressure really on. If Nadal doesn't play Wimbledon I don't see how he is defending no. 1 if Federer even wants to have it. Federer has, apart from the finals of Wimbledon very very little to defend until the US Open.

I personally think that the chances that Nadal doesn't play Wimbledon(especially given the fact that he's a defending champion and lost at the FO)are close to zero no matter what Toni says

That too

no.She is due for next month or so.Not september.
Where do you get this information about it being a boy and when she's due? I think Federer never said anything about that. he purposely kept it a secret and said only 'this summer'. He'll play Wimbledon no matter what I think.

malakas
06-07-2009, 04:15 AM
Where do you get this information about it being a boy and when she's due? I think Federer never said anything about that. he purposely kept it a secret and said only 'this summer'. He'll play Wimbledon no matter what I think.

from federers fans' site.The news about a boy was all over the swiss media like a month ago.And they said she was due for July..Any way I would prefer if it was a daughter!:)

I don't know.I believe he should take some time off.He will have plenty of chance either way to regain his spot so there is no rush.But spending time with his wife and his newborn baby..that's just priceless.

grafrules
06-07-2009, 04:47 AM

I agree. That is all that matters for Rafa right now.