PDA

View Full Version : how influential is the weather?

WhiskeyEE
06-06-2009, 09:19 AM
at RG it's been hot the whole tournament. Gloomy today and gloomy tomorrow for the men's final. People say that the courts play faster when it's hot, but exactly how much of a difference will this have on soderling's power game?

mzzmuaa
06-06-2009, 09:24 AM
He relies on his power to keep pressure on the opponent for the entire match. Bizarro RG will probably come to an end.

THESEXPISTOL
06-06-2009, 09:24 AM
at RG it's been hot the whole tournament. Gloomy today and gloomy tomorrow for the men's final. People say that the courts play faster when it's hot, but exactly how much of a difference will this have on soderling's power game?

It's not rocket science..
more humidity, more soft clay, more power lost by the ball when hitting the ground..
Soderling has a powerful and flat game..
Make your own conclusions now

iriraz
06-06-2009, 09:28 AM
Obviously if it`s raining tomorrow the court will play much slower and we will see much more rallies.Also both players won`t have an easy time holding serve so it should be interesting

WhiskeyEE
06-06-2009, 09:31 AM
It's not rocket science..
more humidity, more soft clay, more power lost by the ball when hitting the ground..
Soderling has a powerful and flat game..
Make your own conclusions now

Obviously I understand this. I'm asking how influential the effect is. Understand my question before questioning my intelligence next time... thanks.

zagor
06-06-2009, 09:36 AM

I don't think the difference will be that big(I mean clay is clay)but at the top level of tennis even a slight change in the way court plays can have an effect on the result.For example Fed might get just a fraction more time to return Robin's serve or run down his shots but it might make a difference between getting the ball in play or not.

WhiskeyEE
06-06-2009, 09:38 AM
I don't think the difference will be that big(I mean clay is clay)but at the top level of tennis even a slight change in the way court plays can have an effect on the result.For example Fed might get just a fraction more time to return Robin's serve or run down his shots but it might make a difference between getting the ball in play or not.

alright, thanks.

zagor
06-06-2009, 09:44 AM
alright, thanks.

No problem here's what Fed said about conditions and their effect on the match against Del Potro yesterday in an interview at RG website:

ROGER FEDERER: Well, I thought the conditions definitely slowed down midway through the fourth set or so when the clouds came in, thecooler weather came in.

I also think that might have helped me, you know, as well as getting more into his service games and into his rallies. I knew if I were able to break him that things could definitely fall my way, and that's exactly whathappened.

I think I definitely started to play a bitbetter. I was able to play more consistent and also mix it up well. Thenalways, again, use the dropshot. It's definitely been an important shot for me this tournament so far.