PDA

View Full Version : Weather Forecast for Tomorrow

JeMar
06-06-2009, 12:08 PM
The weather in Paris tomorrow (http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/businesstraveler/wxdetail/FRXX0076?dayNum=1&from=36hr_topnav_business)

Common sense says that this benefits Federer more with all his court guile than someone like Soderling, who prefers to hit flat and hard. Soderling, on the other hand, believes otherwise. He's said that he prefers cooler temperatures. Any thoughts?

IvanAndreevich
06-06-2009, 12:12 PM
The weather in Paris tomorrow (http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/businesstraveler/wxdetail/FRXX0076?dayNum=1&from=36hr_topnav_business)

Common sense says that this benefits Federer with all his court guile than someone like Soderling, who prefers to hit flat and hard. Soderling, on the other hand, believes otherwise. He's said that he prefers cooler temperatures. Any thoughts?

I think he meant for himself physically, not for his game. Soderling admitted in his interview that he was very tired at the end of his SF match.

JeMar
06-06-2009, 12:13 PM
Ah, that's very interesting. I wouldn't put it past Bodo to use a quote out of context. Thanks!

malakas
06-06-2009, 12:23 PM
yes,he said so in Eurosport.

malakas
06-06-2009, 02:01 PM
What a REAL pro has to say:

The weather conditions will also play an important role. The more humid it is, the heavier the clay will be, and the more effective Roger’s drop shots will be.

http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/news/articles/2009-06-06/200906061244306539593.html

THESEXPISTOL
06-06-2009, 02:11 PM
Of course Soderling likes cooler weather...
HE'S SWEDISH :-)

Nadal_Freak
06-06-2009, 02:36 PM
Heavy conditions favor Federer. It is common sense that the more finesse/all-around player prefers it to be heavy.

fedtastic
06-06-2009, 02:43 PM
Conditions should favour Federer as Soderling won't be able to hit through the court as much but it will also mean Federer won't be able to hit many winners. Fed should use that lovely dropper he has now mastered. :wink:

mikeler
06-06-2009, 02:45 PM
A damp court will also keep Fed's knifing slice very low.

Nadal_Freak
06-06-2009, 02:47 PM
Which is what I was talking about. ;) That's a finesse shots that Soderling lacks. Soderling's serve has been incredible this tournament. That will also be not as effective.

imalil2gangsta4u
06-06-2009, 03:05 PM
I really dont think it will matter.

Nadal_Freak
06-06-2009, 03:07 PM
I really dont think it will matter.
Nadal beat Soderling 6-1 6-0 in heavy conditions. Trust me. Soderling depends on the courts playing fast. He likes indoors because of this. Heavy conditions will take a hit on his one-dimensional game.

mikeler
06-06-2009, 03:11 PM
Nadal beat Soderling 6-1 6-0 in heavy conditions. Trust me. Soderling depends on the courts playing fast. He likes indoors because of this. Heavy conditions will take a hit on his one-dimensional game.

The Gods will favor Fed with a damp court. They'll also keep Nadal out of Wimby to let Fed win #15.

JeMar
06-06-2009, 03:22 PM
The Gods will favor Fed with a damp court. They'll also keep Nadal out of Wimby to let Fed win #15.

I want Federer to get another shot at Nadal at Wimbledon, so I'm hoping Nadal shows up.

l_gonzalez
06-06-2009, 03:22 PM

or Soderling's game will be big enough to hit through the heavy conditions, the heavier and slower conditions will also allow Soderling more time to get in position to pull the trigger.

It could go either way, we just have to wait and see.

joeri888
06-06-2009, 03:26 PM

Haha, still have to really get used to you backing federer. I like it. On the other hand, you bsaying conditions are favouring federer isn't exactly new;)

DoubleDeuce
06-06-2009, 03:28 PM

This is key. I wonder if Sod coach has been advising him to take on Rogers BH. His BH has been actually very reliable. His slice is speedier, deepr with more spin than Gonzos

BullDogTennis
06-06-2009, 03:35 PM
Heavy conditions favor Federer. It is common sense that the more finesse/all-around player prefers it to be heavy.

you really, really, really hate soderline dont you?!

swedechris
06-06-2009, 03:39 PM
Of course Soderling likes cooler weather...
HE'S SWEDISH :-)

Well summers inland in Sweden, like in Tibro where he is from , can be hot .. anyhow I think its talk .. and that the opposite is true = he prefers fast courts and balls = not rain .. just keeping up appearances i think in order to seem confident no matter what.

Leonidas
06-06-2009, 03:46 PM
in my opinion, a slower court wouldnīt favour Federer. did you watch the match federer-acasuso?? IN that match, it rained just before tha match and the court was slower. Acasuso was destroying Federer and fed complained about the court being too slow.Soderling is not a clay-courter, but these are my reasons:

1.-Federer is using pretty much his serve to escape from hard situations, hence if the court is slower they will have to play more rallies.

2.- Soderling is slower than Federer, hence if the court gets slower, he will have more chances to get ready for the ball and use his massive swing. His swing is very long too.

3.- Soderling is taller (i think) and stronger so, like Acasuso, even if the court is slower, he could hit flat winners through federer.

4- Soderlingīs defense is worse than federerīs, i think federer would destroy him in a quicker court.

Having said that, i might be wrong, but again, having watched Federerīs game against a big guy and big hitter like Acasuso, i think a slower court would favour Soderling.

PD: i see your reasons and its a fact that Soderling is ripping the ball so , as i said, i might be wrong and he would prefer to play in a quicker court, who knows...

JeMar
06-06-2009, 03:51 PM
1. Same applies to Soderling and Federer has a more reliable return (yes, Federer)

2. His forehand swing is a little long, but his backhand is very compact. That's the shot that he's gonna need in order to open up the court, and Federer is definitely helped by having more time to get to it.

3. This is the part that worries me. It may be a little bit like Agassi/Medvedev in that Medvedev was unaffected by the heavy conditions because he was so strong, whereas Agassi was definitely impaired by the slow courts.

4. Defense isn't just about retrieving, it's about setting up for offensive shots. If Federer is moving Soderling around, he will have the upper hand on almost all rallies.

This could all be meaningless tomorrow, though. Soderling could surprise us all.

Inner Game
06-06-2009, 05:05 PM
Hey NF, what are you talking about Soderling needs conditions to be fast....I don't care how dry the clay becomes its still 30% slower the hard courts....
The bottom line is the swede blew Nadal off the court with hard FLAT ground strokes.....which is something Fed has forgotten how to do....Nadal got exposed for what he really is....a retriever......

9721 posts and you still have no clue....

The tennis guy
06-06-2009, 06:01 PM
in my opinion, a slower court wouldnīt favour Federer. did you watch the match federer-acasuso?? IN that match, it rained just before tha match and the court was slower. Acasuso was destroying Federer and fed complained about the court being too slow.Soderling is not a clay-courter, but these are my reasons:

1.-Federer is using pretty much his serve to escape from hard situations, hence if the court is slower they will have to play more rallies.

2.- Soderling is slower than Federer, hence if the court gets slower, he will have more chances to get ready for the ball and use his massive swing. His swing is very long too.

3.- Soderling is taller (i think) and stronger so, like Acasuso, even if the court is slower, he could hit flat winners through federer.

4- Soderlingīs defense is worse than federerīs, i think federer would destroy him in a quicker court.

Having said that, i might be wrong, but again, having watched Federerīs game against a big guy and big hitter like Acasuso, i think a slower court would favour Soderling.

PD: i see your reasons and its a fact that Soderling is ripping the ball so , as i said, i might be wrong and he would prefer to play in a quicker court, who knows...

Compare Soderling with Acasuso is not a good comparison. Acasuso is a typical claycourter who likes slow court, while Soderling thrives on indoor fast court.

Soderling had played Federer very close on fast indoor court.