PDA

View Full Version : Who would win: Del Potro or Soderling

DoubleDeuce
06-06-2009, 02:07 PM
On Clay....Vote, who?

imalil2gangsta4u
06-06-2009, 02:08 PM
Soderling. He moved gonzales around a lot. I dont think del potro would have gotten to the same balls gonzales did.

GameSampras
06-06-2009, 02:09 PM
Who cares. Soderling is a flavor of the month, FLUKE winner who will be insignifcant the rest of the year , and Del Potro is still a minor.

DoubleDeuce
06-06-2009, 02:11 PM
I say Delpo, he beat him comfortably this year, they are 1-1 H2H. Sod beat him when he was 18 and yet took him 3 sets. Juan has improved amazingly

P_Agony
06-06-2009, 03:14 PM
Del Potro. He played better in his semi final than Soderling played in his. While Soderling was on god mode for the first 2 sets, he showed signs that he was tires, he strokes didn't click so much, and I think he won because Gonzo let him win in the 5th.

Del Poro didn't allow Federer in. Fed had to force his way out of trouble because Delpo was so consistent and was having a great serving day.

FEDEXP
06-06-2009, 03:38 PM
Dude, you're living in the past...

IvanAndreevich
06-06-2009, 03:44 PM
My vote goes to DP. I think he could spank more winners while making less errors. But we'll never know.

hewittboy
06-07-2009, 04:08 AM
Del Potro would have beaten Soderling easily in the semis.

jamesblakefan#1
06-07-2009, 04:12 AM
Who cares. Soderling is a flavor of the month, FLUKE winner who will be insignifcant the rest of the year , and Del Potro is still a minor.

Weird, I thought you said Soderling was something else...

Del Potro should take your view on him as a sign of good things to come :)

hewittboy
06-07-2009, 04:13 AM

and both would have crushed your beloved Sampras on clay if they played him this week.

Dilettante
06-07-2009, 04:17 AM
Soderling has been on a hot streak and maybe he should've beaten Delpo THIS time. But it (the streak) won't happen again I think, so Del Potro will have the chances in the future, IMO.

PatrickB
06-07-2009, 04:20 AM
I'm assuming it's the Söderling who showed up this past two weeks we're talking about, not the one from earlier this year? In the faster, drier conditions that Nadal and Gonzalez had to play him on, I'd take Söderling - his low, flat balls would give Del Potro even problems than they did Nadal because of Del Potro's height. If they play in the slower, higher-bounding conditions that rolled in Saturday, I'd take Del Potro, especially given the problems that Söderling had with Gonzalez on clay and that Del Potro probably won't spray quite so many forehands into the net.

grafrules
06-07-2009, 04:46 AM
I'm assuming it's the Söderling who showed up this past two weeks we're talking about, not the one from earlier this year? In the faster, drier conditions that Nadal and Gonzalez had to play him on, I'd take Söderling - his low, flat balls would give Del Potro even problems than they did Nadal because of Del Potro's height. If they play in the slower, higher-bounding conditions that rolled in Saturday, I'd take Del Potro, especially given the problems that Söderling had with Gonzalez on clay and that Del Potro probably won't spray quite so many forehands into the net.

Good accessment.

BorisBeckerFan
06-07-2009, 04:49 AM
and both would have crushed your beloved Sampras on clay if they played him this week.

Sampras is old. What would it show? It would be like saying they would beat Hewitt had they played. Hewitt is hobbled.